The Times Hostel - College Street Reviews

8, College Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

It was a really lovely stay and it was nice to go to the kitchen and meet new people on Sangria night! I really enjoyed my stay but it did get noisy outside at night because of it's location near pubs. Maybe supply us with earplugs and have them to grab as you go up the staircase in a tub.

• 21st Aug 2015

The beds are okay and the bathroom is clean! Due to its location near Temple Bar you can sometimes hear the noise from the streets in your room! Perfect hostel for party people and those who want to stay right in the centre of Dublin!

been there for 1 night and it was a great stay, very good location in the center of dublin, clean, safe and ideal to meet pleasant people. rooms were clean and spacious, had a nice sleep. big chill out area, with good wifi and free to use kitchen. great things were the evening events (free beer!!). staff was friendly, fast and helpful. recommended!

Fantastic location, loved the free social stuff each night great for meeting people. Wished they cleaned he bathroom every day but it wasn't a biggie. Would defintely come back again!

• 10th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

People working there are friendship, helpy. On feels at home, even when one is a (old) family with children.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

My fourth time using this Times Hostel alway a pleasure with wider up helpful staff, good clean rooms and kitchen, excellent location. My first choice for a hostel in Dublin.

Easy and cheap way to stay in a place with the advantage of having places and things at hand

• 3rd Aug 2015

The staff was absolutely amazing. Charismatic and very helpful. The rooms were a little bland, missing some essentials like a chair, towel hook, etc. Overall the hostel needs a few tiny changes to make it an excellent stay. But honestly the location makes up for a lot of what it lacked.

The best was the staff,all of them were so so friendly and helpful I had a bad situation with the breakfast lady but no big deal. Highly recommended! The location is perfect close to bus stops and right in the heart of city centre. Keep in mind that could be loudly outside but nothing that a good pair of earplugs can't solve :)

This hostel is in a prime location, right in the center of everything. The room was clean, the beds were clean, it was all very tidy. The staff is all very friendly and helpful if you ask any questions. The front door locks at midnight and there is also a code to get into the living area once you get into the door so I felt safe. I would definitely stay there again if I ever return to Dublin.

• 25th Jul 2015

Such a great location for a tourist. Friendly and helpful staff. Super clean and neat. I really enjoyed my few days here. Thank you

• 21st Jul 2015

Simple but good hostel. Perfect location, just outside of the temple bar area. Staff was super friendly and helped me plan the rest of my trip around Ireland. The lounge area was pretty small though so their wasn't much of a hostel community, and I wish there were more open toilets (10 beds with one shower/toilet ensuite meant you had to wait a bit!). Otherwise pretty good, I'd go again.

Lady at front desk was not friendly at all. We paid €70 each for the room with a double bed and bathroom for one night and it was not worth €30 a night. No lift so people in wheelchairs cant stay there which is a joke all places should be equipped for wheelchairs. Also was told we could check in at 2pm cleaner was still in our room and we had to climb four flights of stairs no towels. Really really poor quality and should train staff to be friendlier and no so rude

• 4th Jul 2015

The staff was wonderful and super helpful -- wonderful about checking us in late, informing us that a taxi was cheaper than a shuttle for the airport and then arranging said taxi -- but the state of the rooms left little to be desired. The beds were fine -- the most important part! -- but we had a broken toilet in our room, blinds missing, and had a view of a rooftop/maintenance section that looked like it had never been cleaned. New curtains would make a WORLD of difference.

• 26th Jun 2015

Good and nice hostel. However, the beds and window curtains needs to be changed.

For the budget travellerb. That us good hostel to stay withb 4 share with private bath

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Nothing bad to say, average hostel. Girl at reception was very helpful with recommendations for food and things to do. No one hanging out in common room, hard to meet other people. Hallways were very dark. Rooms are spacious but very old.

The hostel is well located and the staff is nice however it could be a lot cleaner and the atmosphere is not the best. While I was staying there there were a lot of older people and they were in the common areas all the time.

Windows, mattresses and bathrooms need a complete make over.

Staff was fabulous, very friendly and helpful

« first « Prev 1 2 3