The Times Hostel - College Street Reviews

8, College Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

2052 Total Reviews

A good hostel but really overpriced for the weekends. Very friendly staff. No lockers in rooms which is annoying. Over all a nice hostel and the best location!

there wasn't wifi

• 9th Oct 2014

Wonderfully friendly staff gave great recommendations on sight-seeing & even the best coffee shops around. Central location right next to Trinity College & Temple Bar area.

• 8th Oct 2014

The hostel itself was good, I really appreciated the free activities that happened at night. The staff were great. The wifi was terrible, which was very inconvenient. Strangers have a tendency to just wander in, when I stayed there I found 5 locals in the kitchen, just hanging out and eating guests' food. Also, the staff remade the wrong bed partway through my stay which resulted in some of my things being thrown out and arguing with a drunk at 4am over whose bed it was.

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Fantastic kitchen that is well resourced. The staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. Rooms are spacious-bring your lock for the baskets under the bed. One small issue-no lift! But not too many stairs. Will definitely be coming back to this hostel-great location and loads of fun.

Good location (close to Trinity college, Temple bar, O'Connell street...) but close to a noisy pub. It's possible to get rooms not too close to the pub but ask before! Lovely team.

really fun hostel, clean, quiet, easy to find. Short walk to temple bar, and buses to guiness factory, dublin castle, jameson distillery stop right outside the hostel. good vibe in there too, always someone new to meet, would defnitely go back

Didn´t have internet in the room.

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Great location, lovely staff, quite clean, spacious bedroom and bathroom. Not a very big common area but the kitchen seemed quite good.

Great location, basically 5 minutes away from everything. The shower and toilet are per room so it both has it's up side and down side. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Great location and good value for city centre. Had a brill time here. It's not a swanky flashpkacker hostel but it does the trick for a weekend in the city. Close to the pubs in Temple Bar but not too close that you can't get a good nights sleep. Right next to Trinity Collegue. Bathroom on each room which is good could have done with a lick of paint. Lockers are bad n make loads of noise when you drag them from under the beds and wi-fi only worked in the lobby.

Enjoyed my stay. Good position for accessing Dublin. Staff friendly and helpful. Thank you

• 4th Sep 2014

I stayed at 3 hostels during my trip and this one was my last but my favorite! The location cannot be beat. Quiet hostel that offers specials every evening so that was fun having sangria for free! Every room has it's own bathroom which is a blessing and a curse (morning rush) Kitchen was nice but not enough room for people to chill out and mingle. Wifi is excellent which I've found is rare at hostels in Dublin. Come here for sure, don't bother with the others ;-)

The staff were so friendly and were able to answer all of my questions. The rooms were large and the ensuite facilities were convenient. Only complaint is that the wifi did not work in the bedroom. Nice common area / kitchen though where the internet did work.

I had a fabulous stay at the times hostel! Made tons of friends, very comfortable, and the staff were awesome! I would definitely recommend this hostel :)

Staff were very welcoming and friendly, recommending us places to go and the best transport to get, and helped us make the most of our short stay. We stayed in a double room en suite, which was kept very clean (wifi didn't seem to work in our room on the top floor however). Location was brilliant, short walk to Temple Bar and the tram/bus stops to get about the city. Overall a great place to stay in an ideal location.

Good location. Very close to temple bar

The friendliest staff I could have asked for! Answered any and all questions that we'd ask. If you do their pub crawl, know that the free shots are basically baileys and juice. It's still a good time though. Overall great experience. Would recommend this hostel if your looking for a centralized, younger, affordable hostel.

good clean secure hostel very central to everything you need!

I loved staying here! The people are friendly, I felt very safe and it was close enough to Temple Bar without the extreme noise or a long walk. Can't wait to come back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3