The Times Hostel - College Street Reviews

8, College Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

Old building

We had fun because we met people in the kitchen/ common area. The kitchen is stocked so you can make everything you need. The bathrooms could be better but it was still an okay experience. Plenty of space for luggage as well

The location is great. The bedroom has some humidity problems in its walls. Pls take into account that the breakfast is not included in the price of the hostel. The personal gives a very ggod service.

• 14th May 2015

The front desk staff were really great, the hostel itself is a bit outdated in terms of technology, but overall it was a great stay.

Staff is super friendly and I really enjoyed my time there. Bathrooms are clean and function well, Internet was fine, although computers at the lobby were down. Staff was helpful and the people in my room were very nice . I would TOTALLY stay there again :) One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Good job!

amazing hostel, the free things they do every night work really well and are a great way to meet new people. Also there is a free stand comedy gig up the road on Sundays Mondays and Tuesdays that's definitely worth going to

Great location and the staff are really helpful. One of the best breakfast options of any hostel I've stayed at so I didn't mind paying 3 euros for it!

Toilets were very dirty. It was not nice to use the toilets because they were so dirty. Other than that the hostel was really nice. Really good thing was that there were electricity next to each bed.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Finland

GREAT VALUE IN THE CENTRE OF DUBLIN AND THE PUB NEXT DOOR SERVES THE BEST GUINNESS I HAVE EVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF DRINKING.

• 20th Apr 2015

Friendly staff and reasonable rooms in a great location. I essentially only slept there so can't comment too much on atmosphere and facilities. Only downside was the hallways are fairly old and smell quite musty - but rooms are fine.

Nothing amazing, the location is good and the staff were nice. Nothing to complain about except for maybe the wifi in the rooms.

Super friendly staff and really central location. Price was steep but given that it was around St Patrick's Day, understandable. Pretty basic, no-fuss facilities that are relatively clean. Free ice cream and cookies was a lovely touch.

Although we couldnt check in early, there was a secure room to keep luggage. Room was basic but clean and comfortable. The electricity went off in the early hours of the morning and did not come back on before we left so we couldnt use the plug points, heater or shower in the morning. This was obviously very inconvenient. Not sure if it was turned off as the lights were working fine! Informed staff on duty but they were unsure what had happened.

• 14th Mar 2015

I never could find the common room--and thus the free beer. But the kitchen was a nice, quiet place to chill. The location really is superb. I liked that they photocopied our ID. We enjoyed this hostel. Nice staff.

This location is perfect! You're really close to grafton st. a nice shopping area, o'connell st, temple bar, and trinity college. Seriously the location alone I'd stay here again. The room I stayed in was ensuite, the showers were pretty small do keep that in mind. But overall I enjoyed my experience! It wasn't too much of a party hostel so it was nice and quite at night. And they hold different events each night which is nice. I would definitely stay here again

The hostel has nice and friendly staff, but it was expensive with no free breakfast.

I stayed in a mixed 10-persons' dorm room. The Beds weren't comfortable but that didn't really bother me. What I really have to criticize is the cleanliness of the bathroom. It was very dusty and seemed like it hadn't been cleand for months. I didn't dare to go barefoot in there or lay my stuff down anywhere. What I liked was the atmosphere and the nice kitchen/ sitting room.

• 24th Feb 2015

Great location and friendly staff! The hostel was a bit hard to find and we actually walked past it once. It's only one door beside the pub which has same colours...

Stains on towels, marks on walls and dusty window, cold room, was very very basic and TV did not even work. Woken in the middle of the night by loud guys stood outside our door.We were charged €120 for one night- a ridiculous amount for one night & we got very little from our stay, the quality was very poor. In comparison we stayed in a 5* hotel the following night in Wicklow for exactly the same price. Total rip off for this room, the price should be much lower or the quality needs to improve.

• 13th Feb 2015

Great location, with easy access from the airport. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are clean and comfortable for a hostel. The showers have hot water and excellent water pressure. Underbed locker storage allows for good security (bring your lock or rent one). It can be noisy both from residents of the hostel and pedestrians on the street. If you are a light sleeper bring some earplugs. This is my second time staying here and I would continue to recommend it.