The Times Hostel - College Street Reviews

8, College Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

2033 Total Reviews

Great location and good value for city centre. Had a brill time here. It's not a swanky flashpkacker hostel but it does the trick for a weekend in the city. Close to the pubs in Temple Bar but not too close that you can't get a good nights sleep. Right next to Trinity Collegue. Bathroom on each room which is good could have done with a lick of paint. Lockers are bad n make loads of noise when you drag them from under the beds and wi-fi only worked in the lobby.

Enjoyed my stay. Good position for accessing Dublin. Staff friendly and helpful. Thank you

• 4th Sep 2014

I stayed at 3 hostels during my trip and this one was my last but my favorite! The location cannot be beat. Quiet hostel that offers specials every evening so that was fun having sangria for free! Every room has it's own bathroom which is a blessing and a curse (morning rush) Kitchen was nice but not enough room for people to chill out and mingle. Wifi is excellent which I've found is rare at hostels in Dublin. Come here for sure, don't bother with the others ;-)

The staff were so friendly and were able to answer all of my questions. The rooms were large and the ensuite facilities were convenient. Only complaint is that the wifi did not work in the bedroom. Nice common area / kitchen though where the internet did work.

I had a fabulous stay at the times hostel! Made tons of friends, very comfortable, and the staff were awesome! I would definitely recommend this hostel :)

Staff were very welcoming and friendly, recommending us places to go and the best transport to get, and helped us make the most of our short stay. We stayed in a double room en suite, which was kept very clean (wifi didn't seem to work in our room on the top floor however). Location was brilliant, short walk to Temple Bar and the tram/bus stops to get about the city. Overall a great place to stay in an ideal location.

Good location. Very close to temple bar

The friendliest staff I could have asked for! Answered any and all questions that we'd ask. If you do their pub crawl, know that the free shots are basically baileys and juice. It's still a good time though. Overall great experience. Would recommend this hostel if your looking for a centralized, younger, affordable hostel.

good clean secure hostel very central to everything you need!

I loved staying here! The people are friendly, I felt very safe and it was close enough to Temple Bar without the extreme noise or a long walk. Can't wait to come back!

Rather decent; staff were a bit odd but pleasant nonetheless.

Stayed in the 4 bedroom Ensuite bathroom and the place was surprisingly clean and very comfortable. The staff cleaned the entire room and replaced soap and toilet paper after each guest left. It's also close to Temple Bar and the bus to the airport. I would def recommend this hostel.

Pretty standard hostel, nice staff. One of the most uncomfortable beds I've ever tried to sleep in.

In the kitchen: The chairs are horrible. The have to be changed as fast as possible.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

I was really disappointed with this hostel after hearing such good things. It was mostly the atmosphere, which wasn't really the hostels fault, but the wifi issues (only worked at reception) definitely contributed. My room was also too hot to sleep and we only had heavy duvets. Great location but not amazing otherwise.

Great location nice and clean hostel..

Always a great stay with Times Hostel. As a heads up, in a 6 bed dorm (ensuite) they only had 4 security cages under bed. Try to share with a friend if you are staying with them. Otherwise, great location near Trinity and Temple Bar.

The location is really central. The staff were helpful, although it's hard to identify who is actually working there. The desk is supposed to be open 24 hours but they close periodically and it can be frustrating when you want to check in or out and you don't know when they'll be back. The wifi doesn't work well at all, not even in the lobby. And the lobby is also very small, hardly any room to sit. Rooms are big though.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location and very close to the Main Street and transport options. Very considerate other travellers.

Attractive hostel with the best locaction, Trinity College and Temple bar area are in 2 min reach.

« first « Prev 1 2 3