The Times Hostel - College Street Reviews

8, College Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

2098 Total Reviews

I stayed in a mixed 10-persons' dorm room. The Beds weren't comfortable but that didn't really bother me. What I really have to criticize is the cleanliness of the bathroom. It was very dusty and seemed like it hadn't been cleand for months. I didn't dare to go barefoot in there or lay my stuff down anywhere. What I liked was the atmosphere and the nice kitchen/ sitting room.

• 24th Feb 2015

Stains on towels, marks on walls and dusty window, cold room, was very very basic and TV did not even work. Woken in the middle of the night by loud guys stood outside our door.We were charged €120 for one night- a ridiculous amount for one night & we got very little from our stay, the quality was very poor. In comparison we stayed in a 5* hotel the following night in Wicklow for exactly the same price. Total rip off for this room, the price should be much lower or the quality needs to improve.

• 13th Feb 2015

Great location, with easy access from the airport. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are clean and comfortable for a hostel. The showers have hot water and excellent water pressure. Underbed locker storage allows for good security (bring your lock or rent one). It can be noisy both from residents of the hostel and pedestrians on the street. If you are a light sleeper bring some earplugs. This is my second time staying here and I would continue to recommend it.

Good hostel. People were really friendly, and the beds were fine. They could use a little work in organizing nights out or other activities, but you can always google outside events that don't involve the hostel. Particularly close to Temple bar, so its an easy stumble home.

Had a great time in Dublin staying at the times hostel! Our room was upgraded when we got there so we didn't have to share with anyone and being 5 girls that was great! The staff are lovely and I would recommend them to any other students wanting a trip to Dublin

• 2nd Jan 2015

Everything we needed for a short trip to Dublin. The best part is the location next to Trinity College and very clode to Temple Bar.

• 1st Jan 2015

There were no common bathrooms which was a bit annoying. Also, there is no free breakfast. The wifi is pretty decent, and the bathrooms inside the rooms were also pretty good. The kitchen/lounge area was one big thing. It resembled a hotel in which a bunch of beds were stuffed in the rooms. Also, the beds are not marked so it is a bit confusing to know which one is available. Close to temple bar, and they have booklets on free tours, as well as pubcrawls.

Extremely friendly and accommodating staff, location was excellent if you're exploring from Galway, bus station was right next door and had great day tours that the hostel set up for us with discounts.

• 31st Dec 2014

We booked the place for NYE. For the price we paid just for somewhere to crash it did everything we needed. Special shout out to Leah on reception who was incredibly helpful and friendly.

• 31st Dec 2014

It's the second time that I stayed here, and I felt good both times. The next times I will go to Dublin probably I will choose this hostel again

• 31st Dec 2014

The heater in the room was not properly working, so it was cold during the night.

The location of this hostel is simply the best. Only thing is that there should be an age limitate for people to check in there (I think there were some homeless people sleeping in the hostels during some nights).

Very kind staff, were able to book me a shuttle because I had an early flight to the airport. Social atmosphere with the different free food and drink given on different days of the week and walking distance to bars, but room and location were quiet for sleeping

Nice hostel, nice staff, nice guests, nice prices :)

The staff was very friendly, happy and ready to help you! The hostel is location is great!

The best hostel I have ever been in. It is right in front of trinity college. The beds arent the best and is quite noisy but you can expect that from a hostel. The staff is really helpful. I had my flight to go back really early so I had to be at the airport at 5:40 am and they offered me a shuttle for 8 euros which picks u up in the door of the hostel and leaves you to the airport.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

First let me start by saying that everyone who worked at the front desk at The Times Hostel was awesome! We got a map when we checked in and the girl working circled some places to eat/drink that wasn't too touristy or over-priced. The showers in the bathroom were nice. The beds however were very tiny. I would recommend grabbing the top bunk - the bottom bunk you can't sit up in if you taller than 5'0. There also were not any lights by your bed or outlets. Great location though!

Stayed for 3 nights. Had a nice stay. Breakfast was good and the staff helped out when there was a misunderstanding with the beds. The kitchen

One of the greatest hostel I've been in!!!:) Continue that way you're doing great!!!=D Thank you for your kindness!!!:)

• 29th Oct 2014

Would definitely stay here again :)

• 29th Oct 2014