The Times Hostel - College Street Reviews

8, College Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

1925 Total Reviews

Found it fantastic place to stay.. Great location and facilities. However only thing was if you want if leaving early and have own breakfast you can't get into the room as it's locked until 8am a which is a pain..

We would absolutely NOT recommend this hostel to anyone. We paid for a 3 bed private ensuite and were given a 3 bed dorm room with a “private” bathroom down the hall. The staff lied and told us there were no rooms with bathrooms, but we found out there are. Even worse the room was dirty, cold, and NOISY, and the wifi and tv did not work. We did not sleep at all! Overall, we overpaid for a subpar hostel that offers poor accommodations and service. No location is worth the frustration.

This was the first time I ever stayed at a hostel and I was not disappointed. The staff was very friendly and whenever I had questions they never hesitated to help me. The always pointed me in the right direction when I did not know where to go once I left the hostel. Everything was very clean and the hostel itself is very cool to be in. The art on the walls made everything feel like a very good atmosphere. Also very close to city center so you are in the middle of everything.

• 1st Apr 2014

The hostel is situated exactely in the city center, it is safe and very clean with nice kitchen/living room where you can meet other people who stayed there.

• 19th Mar 2014
  • Poland

Much closer to main attractons than the majority of hostels.

Amazing location and the staff were really great. I was in a 10 person mixed room, but the bathroom was a huge issue because there was only one for ten of us and if someone was in there no one else could get in. Other than that, a great value for money.

It was my 3rd orf 4th stay already and i'm as happy as always! just love this hostel :) i've booked a 14 bed mixed dorm and when i arived, i've got a 4 bed mixed dorm for the same price! was quite lucky. The only thing that changed to my last stays was that the breakfast is not included anymore. the breakfast now costs 3€ (so not much at all) and you get all those good things like cereals, toast, tea, coffee, chocolate, fruit, cheese and ham! Will stay there again soon ;)

good hostel in a very central location. brinny on reception was nice and helpful with tips and things to do in dublin. would stay here again.

Good clean hostel in a very central position. Recommended!

Times Hostel is a really good place to live during a week. Our room was really big and clean up when we arrived. Thank you a lot to the staff who are friendly to everyone !! See you soon The Times Hostel, We will come back :)

• 27th Feb 2014

Great location, amazing staff great stay Thanks a ton ;)

Great location close to buses as well as the sights and nightlife. Free biscuits and ice cream as well as free sangria was awesome! Really nice staff too!

Great hostel, breakfast should be free considering the room price.

I've stayed here before, and it's really convenient because of the location. Great price, and nice friendly staff at the front desk!

Overall a really good hostal. Just a slight problem with noise coming from the pub next door, some people coming in drunk at night. Highly recommanded!

the staff was very nice and helpfull, and the idea to serve pancakes on weekends is quite good (and tasty) ! the location was perfect, and our room was quiet.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Very friendly welcoming place, Staff very willing to help and inform you about things to do in the area. It was very clean and felt very safe and secure.

• 30th Dec 2013

Our stay at the Times was really incredible. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, there was a large community space/kitchen to hang out. We stayed in the 10 bed room, with one shared bathroom. The water pressure was great, I would've have liked a mirror outside of the bathroom to use when the bathroom was in use. There were lockers under the bed that could be locked for free, and there was a 2 Euro charge for towels. All around great stay!

Great hostel...staff super cool too.

Where do I start... - security: my laptop, passport, cellphone... were stolen from my room. The best thing is; a girl who is working in the hostel, and was also staying/living in my room of 6, let the thief in and went back to bed while he was stealing my stuff. He just walked out again. - cleanliness: I am everything but a hygiene freak, but floor was utterly disgusting, they gave me used sheets, dirty glasses laying around,... - facilities: breakfast is toast with butter and water from tap ...

« first « Prev 1 2 3