The Times Hostel - College Street Reviews

8, College Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

The best was the staff,all of them were so so friendly and helpful I had a bad situation with the breakfast lady but no big deal. Highly recommended! The location is perfect close to bus stops and right in the heart of city centre. Keep in mind that could be loudly outside but nothing that a good pair of earplugs can't solve :)

This hostel is in a prime location, right in the center of everything. The room was clean, the beds were clean, it was all very tidy. The staff is all very friendly and helpful if you ask any questions. The front door locks at midnight and there is also a code to get into the living area once you get into the door so I felt safe. I would definitely stay there again if I ever return to Dublin.

• 25th Jul 2015

Such a great location for a tourist. Friendly and helpful staff. Super clean and neat. I really enjoyed my few days here. Thank you

• 21st Jul 2015

Simple but good hostel. Perfect location, just outside of the temple bar area. Staff was super friendly and helped me plan the rest of my trip around Ireland. The lounge area was pretty small though so their wasn't much of a hostel community, and I wish there were more open toilets (10 beds with one shower/toilet ensuite meant you had to wait a bit!). Otherwise pretty good, I'd go again.

Lady at front desk was not friendly at all. We paid €70 each for the room with a double bed and bathroom for one night and it was not worth €30 a night. No lift so people in wheelchairs cant stay there which is a joke all places should be equipped for wheelchairs. Also was told we could check in at 2pm cleaner was still in our room and we had to climb four flights of stairs no towels. Really really poor quality and should train staff to be friendlier and no so rude

• 4th Jul 2015

The staff was wonderful and super helpful -- wonderful about checking us in late, informing us that a taxi was cheaper than a shuttle for the airport and then arranging said taxi -- but the state of the rooms left little to be desired. The beds were fine -- the most important part! -- but we had a broken toilet in our room, blinds missing, and had a view of a rooftop/maintenance section that looked like it had never been cleaned. New curtains would make a WORLD of difference.

• 26th Jun 2015

Good and nice hostel. However, the beds and window curtains needs to be changed.

For the budget travellerb. That us good hostel to stay withb 4 share with private bath

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Nothing bad to say, average hostel. Girl at reception was very helpful with recommendations for food and things to do. No one hanging out in common room, hard to meet other people. Hallways were very dark. Rooms are spacious but very old.

The hostel is well located and the staff is nice however it could be a lot cleaner and the atmosphere is not the best. While I was staying there there were a lot of older people and they were in the common areas all the time.

Windows, mattresses and bathrooms need a complete make over.

Staff was fabulous, very friendly and helpful

met a lot of cool people when I stayed here. around the corner from the the temple bar area and within walking distance of other attractions. a lot of great places to eat in the end area as well. I'll definitely stay here again.

Absolutely fantastic staff at the front desk!! A big shout-out to Keara and Leah, both of whom sent us on fantastic adventures and knew exactly where to go, when, and why! If you're staying Dublin, Times Hostel is definitely the place to stay!

• 3rd Jun 2015

I booked one of the private ensuites and it was pretty disgusting. The bed was just sitting on the floor and there was a black ring around it. One of the worst mattresses ever. It's a hostel so I don't expect much, but it should at least be clean. The bathroom had black mold on the ceiling too, that was pretty bad

This hostel is all over the place. Maintenance guys fixing interior had all sort of rubbish like wooden planks dumped in front of our room that caused serious obstruction, when coming in or out of the room. Housekeeping completely cleaned my bed removing my belongings without respect to the fact that storage basket under the bed had my belongings locked up and finally Reception Manager chose to distance herself away saying she will get back to me shortly, sadly it never happened. Thumbs down.

I stayed at this hostel for one night at the end of my stay in Ireland. It was a clean comfortable hostel. Good showers, friendly staff. Its in a good location just a few minutes walk to the temple bar district.

It was a good price for a good deal. The awesome girl at the office (lena or lea ? Sorry about that) was really nice, I realy appreciated that. The hostel was clean, cosy, safe and sound. Internet everywhere, good kitchen, I met some people, it was perfect. This idea of something to do every night (like wine and cheese, etc) is cool and nice for make poeple talk to each other :)

• 26th May 2015
  • Belgium

Bed was comfortable, shower was better than I expected, the staff were very friendly and stored my bad for free until check in time. The location was a bit difficult to find but that may be due to all the construction in Dublin at the time. There was no screen in window so I left it down ( a few birds hit the window no long after I decided to leave it closed so I was glad I didn't open it but the room was really warm and stuffy because of that.

This hostel was amazing, I have ZERO complaints. I stayed in a 6 dorm all Female hostel and I made friends with all of them straightaway. Not to mention the staff is SOOOO friendly and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. Not to mention the LOCATION is perfect. I will stay again when I return to Dublin!

« first « Prev 1 2 3