The Times Hostel - College Street Reviews

8, College Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

For the budget travellerb. That us good hostel to stay withb 4 share with private bath

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Nothing bad to say, average hostel. Girl at reception was very helpful with recommendations for food and things to do. No one hanging out in common room, hard to meet other people. Hallways were very dark. Rooms are spacious but very old.

• 14th Jun 2015

The hostel is well located and the staff is nice however it could be a lot cleaner and the atmosphere is not the best. While I was staying there there were a lot of older people and they were in the common areas all the time.

Windows, mattresses and bathrooms need a complete make over.

Staff was fabulous, very friendly and helpful

met a lot of cool people when I stayed here. around the corner from the the temple bar area and within walking distance of other attractions. a lot of great places to eat in the end area as well. I'll definitely stay here again.

Absolutely fantastic staff at the front desk!! A big shout-out to Keara and Leah, both of whom sent us on fantastic adventures and knew exactly where to go, when, and why! If you're staying Dublin, Times Hostel is definitely the place to stay!

• 3rd Jun 2015

I booked one of the private ensuites and it was pretty disgusting. The bed was just sitting on the floor and there was a black ring around it. One of the worst mattresses ever. It's a hostel so I don't expect much, but it should at least be clean. The bathroom had black mold on the ceiling too, that was pretty bad

This hostel is all over the place. Maintenance guys fixing interior had all sort of rubbish like wooden planks dumped in front of our room that caused serious obstruction, when coming in or out of the room. Housekeeping completely cleaned my bed removing my belongings without respect to the fact that storage basket under the bed had my belongings locked up and finally Reception Manager chose to distance herself away saying she will get back to me shortly, sadly it never happened. Thumbs down.

I stayed at this hostel for one night at the end of my stay in Ireland. It was a clean comfortable hostel. Good showers, friendly staff. Its in a good location just a few minutes walk to the temple bar district.

It was a good price for a good deal. The awesome girl at the office (lena or lea ? Sorry about that) was really nice, I realy appreciated that. The hostel was clean, cosy, safe and sound. Internet everywhere, good kitchen, I met some people, it was perfect. This idea of something to do every night (like wine and cheese, etc) is cool and nice for make poeple talk to each other :)

• 26th May 2015
  • Belgium

Bed was comfortable, shower was better than I expected, the staff were very friendly and stored my bad for free until check in time. The location was a bit difficult to find but that may be due to all the construction in Dublin at the time. There was no screen in window so I left it down ( a few birds hit the window no long after I decided to leave it closed so I was glad I didn't open it but the room was really warm and stuffy because of that.

This hostel was amazing, I have ZERO complaints. I stayed in a 6 dorm all Female hostel and I made friends with all of them straightaway. Not to mention the staff is SOOOO friendly and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. Not to mention the LOCATION is perfect. I will stay again when I return to Dublin!

Everything feels a bit run down. One bathroom for a 10-bed dorm. Dirty tables in the kitchen/common area. People were friendly and location was good but I wouldn't stay here again.

Old building

Great location with friendly staff.

The hostel was very dirty, there were spiders in the room and the bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. The kitchen was nice and prettyy clean. It had a good location and the people were nice but the higiene in the rooms was really worrying.

The hostel is clean and the location is perfect, which is very important, but the pictures that the website shows are definitely warped. I have never seen smaller rooms in any other building than in this hostel. There was barely enough room for all four people (in the four bed private room) to stand up at the same time. If you rent one bed and stay here with people you don't know in the room, it could be very uncomfortable due to how incredibly small and cramped the rooms are.

We had fun because we met people in the kitchen/ common area. The kitchen is stocked so you can make everything you need. The bathrooms could be better but it was still an okay experience. Plenty of space for luggage as well

The location is great. The bedroom has some humidity problems in its walls. Pls take into account that the breakfast is not included in the price of the hostel. The personal gives a very ggod service.