The Times Hostel - College Street Reviews

8, College Street, Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

It would be nice if the rooms were provided with lock boxes for each person to lock up important/valuable items. Other than that the hostel was pretty nice. Fitted sheets would have been nice as the sheets that were on the bed constantly came untucked which left me sleeping on the mattress.

Great staff! Just a little dirty. Could definitely use some new carpet in the hallways. Smells a little.

The hostle was a loverly clean place to stay, in a great location right next to the temple bar area. Staff were helpful and friendly.

• 13th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Loved this place ! Although fairly basic it felt like home and was a very comfortable stay! The staff are super friendly and accomodating, the beds were comfortable and rooms a decent size. The location was amazing ! Really close to city centre, I'v stayed at other hostels and this location is the best out of them all. Will deffinatley be coming back :)

Good location close to Trinity College and Temple Bar. The prices were high (but that could have been due to it being the weekend). And the €7 towel deposit was a little ridiculous. The tiles in the bathroom (Room 209) were cracking and falling apart.

Pretty good hostel! Only bad thing is you can hear everything outside and wrong timing cuz there was construction near by. But overall it's nice!

it is a nice place, you will meet people and the staff is helpful.

Excellent location. Nice staff. Prices were a little crazy at the weekend in comparison with past rates (and other days of the week). Also, in a room with six beds, there were only two lockers available, and there was also a fair amount of dust around. Both of these things were commented on by various dorm mates passing through. However, I've bunked down here many times over the years and I have a soft spot for it. Would stay here again. Decent place, all said (just room for some improvements).

I paid around $20 and thought it was good value, but the next night was $60 because of a busy weekend and I thought it was better to leave Dublin than to pay that! Jim, 75 yr old American

Hi There, My friend and I visited for 2 days and being new to Dublin had lots of questions for the front desk staff. Margot and the girls gave us all great information accurately and with a smile on their faces, they were great. The facilities and rooms were exactly as described and made our stay very enjoyable. Thanks again and it was great staying here, very enjoyable.

• 13th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

Second time I've stayed at the hostel, and this time around the staff were even more amazing! Especially Leah, Camila, and Margaux! These ladies were amazing!

Good hostel in the very center of dublin. A little bit atmosphere would help.

Great location, Great staff. Definitely my hostel of choice anytime I need a place to stay in Dublin.

An ok hostel. Good location but I didn't the atmosphere wasn't great. The room was not that clean nor the bathroom either. No elevator. The washing machine and dryer were cheap though! Staff were lovely and helpful! An ok stay but the rooms could be updated.

Extremely well-located and friendly place. The staff makes you feel right at home and gives top-notch recommendations. Clean, not too loud, safe. Right next door to a pub with great food.

Hostel itself was great. Good location, nice rooms, etc. However, the price was ridiculous at 46 euro for a dorm bed and then having to pay another 3 euro for breakfast. Got stuck here on a last minute stay. If you could get for cheaper, or if you are stuck like I was, I would reccomend. It is very close to the Temple Bar District and is quiet.

looks very averge hostel

• 13th Sep 2015

We were booked for two nights but after the first we checked out. The bunk bed was on a tilted floor and was so unstable you couldnt climb the ladder. The drains in the toilet were blocked (and had been for some time judging by the smell) The carpets were worn and dirty. The website and adverts are very misleading. When we complained the lady on the desk was empathetic but we are still waiting to be contacted by the manager.

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Scotland

Great location very close to temple bar. Weird set up though doesn't have good hang out area only 2 small couches in the kitchen. The bathroom in our 10bed mix dorm looked like it had never been cleaned hair all over, mildew quite gross. Wouldn't stay here again. Staff were the redeeming part very helpful.

We had a great time! Stayed here for three nights then came back for one more night before we left Ireland! Met awesome people, hostel is in a great location! Staff were great, people were great. One thing I would recommend is having a bath mat in each bathroom for when you get out of the shower, and that the rooms could be cleaned each day or something. Just bins changed and bathroom floor wiped down and a sweep really as its gets quite dirty after a few days of six people in a room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3