The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Located near the red light district but the i only red light I was looking for was the eject button. The entire building smells like eggs / strong amonia. Sneaky city taxes where other hostels in Amsterdam include it in the price. I wouldn't stop again. Loud Irish pub underneath it. I daren't go again... I daren't.

The dorm that we stayed in was quite large and comfortable with large lockers. Toilets were clean but cubicles were small which wasn't an issue for us. The wifi doesn't reach all areas of the rooms and there are no real common areas to meet people in. Overall a decent stay for a couple of nights

Location is excellent. Check out time should be later considering that check in is after 14:00. Not enough storage for a big suitcase. Electrical points are placed horribly. No proper ventilation and room gets very hot.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

Helpful staff. Central location. A bit expensive.

Location was amazing. Bar staff and some front desk staff are great. Wifi was basically nonexistent, both in the room and in the rest of the hostel. The bar had its own wifi but it was down for the 3 days I was there. Huge complaint about the older front desk man who woke me up (twice!) an hour before check out. Apparently there was a mix up with the books, but it was really unprofessional and he was pretty aggressive. I'd recommend trying to find somewhere else--this is a last resort hostel.

I really loved everything.... The staff was really lovely... Great location.... The pub partner wonderful as well.... I'm really satisfied....

The only good thing about this hostel is the location being central to the lively red light district, the security at the door, and that there is a pub downstairs. I would NEVER stay at this hostel again. No air conditioning made it IMPOSSIBLE to sleep it was so hot, there was a mouse and or rat in our room, and additionally the cleaning man woke everyone up by yelling as us to check out (sorry that I was finally able to get some sleep in this awfully hot hostel). DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

One of the best hostels I've used in Amsterdam. It's very cheap so I was chuffed with that because usually I pay on average 80-130 Euros for two nights whereas I paid only 55 Euros in comparison. Staff were very friendly too so thank you for making me feel welcome. It would be better if there was an extension socket to charge phones etc!

Amazing location near to everthing and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hostel for people traveling in groups but not for single travellers.

Very secure - the people behind reception have to let you into the hostel. The stairs between the first and second floor were VERY steep with no handrail which could cause problems for some people. The dorm i stayed in got very hot but was clean - as were the bathrooms.

I don't advise to stay in this hostel. The main disadvantages are: small dormitories, lack of cleanliness and hygiene, lack of air conditioning / ventilation.

Wifi isn't very strong in the room though but everything else is perfect.

I would stay there again.

The white tulip hostel is just a place to crash while you go out for crazy red light district partying. The hostel is not clean, does not have a common area, and gets out of control at night. While I stayed there were loud, drunk fights, groups jumping and shaking the whole building, and people walking around totally wasted. To enjoy the real, beautiful city of Amsterdam, look to stay elsewhere.

Staff were lovely, saw them help several travellers with their luggage up the 3 flights of stairs. Very accommodating. Co-ed toilets/showers were usually clean, except soon after use from particular male guests, but staff were willing to clean if they were notified of mess! Luggage room available after the 10am checkout. Would recommend.

• 4th Jun 2015

Besides the location and the friendliness of the staff this hostel wasn't that great. The bathrooms and bedrooms were dirty and weren't cleaned once in our days we were there. It's loud of course because of the location but that's expected. Very little room to store luggage so you have to store your luggage at the train station or somewhere else.

Situated right in the middle of town just around the corner from the red light district etc so it was pretty loud at night. Amsterdam is pretty small so I would recommend staying out of the centre district and walking in to go out. Pretty basic hostel otherwise, guy at the front was nice and helped us out. GREAT showers!

Awesome hostel. Very good location if you don't mind a little bit of noise at night and church bells in the morning. Very good security, large lockers for each bed. Plenty of showers and toilets, never waited in line once. Only downside was no kitchen but you get 20% off in the bar below the hostel which is great, especially during happy hour!

There wasn't really any socializing among the other guests, nor a place to so that wasn't in the bar. Also, they're not kidding about the no smoking thing...don't do it out the window even or you'll be charged 50 euro.

Very friendly staff, always happy to help. Nice atmosphere, felt like a good place to stay if wanting to meet others travelling alone! Great location, really close to the square and lots of restaurants nearby.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4