7.6
Very Good 1,792 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 1,792 Total Reviews
The White Tulip Hostel Located at Warmoesstraat 87, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Noord-holland 1012 HZ Warmoesstraat 87
76% 1792
52.3746167 4.8971343
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd May 2016

Great location, safe, good staff!

• kateemily11
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016

I had an amazing time here, you recommend it, you get what you pay for, you are staying in a hostel, but security & staff are the best 👍🏻 would definately stay again!

21st Apr 2016
7.1

Very convenient location and a clean interior, but also a lot of street noise. Hostel feels secure and staff are very friendly.

15th Apr 2016
6.6

The location of this hostel was probably the best part about it. We signed up for a 10-bed mixed dorm and were placed instead into a 14-bed mixed dorm. We were in a room with a bunch of people who were loud and disrespectful and they even smoked one day which was not allowed. There was also not really much common space to just chill in the hostel. We paid a lot for this room compared to our other hostels and it was a lot worse than the rest. Would not come back.

• USA, Female, 18-24
7th Apr 2016
7.7

Such a nice staff. No lounge, so not very social. Coed bathrooms. nice big locker under bed to store things. Huge staircase that is kind of scary. Great location. overall a good stay

• USA, Female, 18-24
5th Apr 2016
4.3

Bathrooms had a constant smell of throw up. Stairs are very steep to get to rooms. Constantly loud outside due to location. Definitely more of a party hostel.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Our bathrooms all get cleaned three times a day, plus incidental cleaning by our reception staff when needed. As we are situated in a monumental building in the heart of the oldest part of Amsterdam, we provide all our guests with the charm of Hollands typical steep stairs;) As we are in the middle of everything that is Amsterdam is (in)famous for, Nighttime can be a bit lively. I hope you have enjoyed the city, and I hope we would see you again next time you are in Amsterdam. With kind regards, Timon Hostel Manager.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
31st Mar 2016
6.0

The hostel is centrally located in red light district. If you don't want to smell weed all the time, you should take this hostel. There's no kitchen for cooking. The stuff are nice and friendly. But there's some one smoke weed inside the room(near the window) during I was sleeping for many times ( although it's not allow to do this). And I don't feel well after I smell continuously the weed for a whole day. The toilet and shower place didn't separate into gender, but it's not a big problem.

30th Mar 2016

The best thing about this hostel is it's location. Literally right next door to the red light district and super close to everything else. Being right next to a pub was great too! It was too bad there wasn't a kitchen, especially because of how damn expensive Amsterdam is. In the end though I would stay here again.

• Russia, Female, 25-30
29th Mar 2016
7.4

It was my 2 time at this hostel. Now I got room in other side of building so no Church view and Red District but central (the same loud) street, but I did not saw it because of reconstructional works. Moreover it was very-very loud in room and outdoors, people were doing what they want in 14-bed room! So it was difficult to sleep there. It is Amsterdam, yes, and special atmosphere but really uncomfortable.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as satisfactory as the first time you have stayed with us. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the painting of the front of the building. In the end we will get a prettier hostel back for it:) I hope you give us another chance the next time you come to Amsterdam, so that we can make it up to you and can accomodate you in your preffered room with beautiful church view:) We will make sure your next stay will be a great one. With kind regards, Timon Hostel manager

• England, Male, 18-24
29th Mar 2016

I had a great stay here and would definitely recommend it