The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location was very good for tourists and the bed was comfortable. They just should tell the rules to every guest and make sure that everyone are going to follow them. I had a horroble night because some people in my dorm were smoking inside, talking loud and keepong the lights on, even though I told them to stop many times. There were also people talking outside of our dorm. So if you really want to sleep I wouldn't recommend this hostel but if you don't care the noises this is a good choice.

Awful place

• 5th Nov 2015

The location is pretty central and the staff is nice.

Great hostel, amazing location right in the middle of the city, very helpful staff.

Coach came in late so I basically missed my nights stay but I did get to stay for 3 hours. Bedding was clean, room was hard to tell as everyone had their things all over the place. Washroom and showers were quite bad though.. Too many people use them at the same time and so they get dirty real quick. Hostel is quite small so don't expect much, but location is as good as it gets!

Looking at the reviews before we went we were a bit nervous. But it was fine once we got there. It's two minutes away from all the sites and the room was great(4 bebroom). Staff were fine and the pub downstairs does a killer breakfast which is 20% off if you stay here. Overall it was fairly decent. Great for lads holiday.

• 27th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Probably one of the worst hostels I've ever been to. Location was awesome but everything else was bad. The desk workers are friendly but are not good at their jobs. Usually absent, forgetful, and unhelpful. Everywhere smells and my room was disgusting with take out boxes and trash everywhere. People smoke in the rooms. Top bunk is so close to the ceiling I couldn't even sit in bed without crouching over. I put my things in locker but left my hat on my bed. It was stolen a few hours later.

It was good but dont to go there by your self not atmosphere and they don't change the sheets just pat them out and put them back on for the next person

Thank you for review. I am sorry to hear you did not like the atmosphere in our hostel. Although we do not have a big common area, we encourage our guests to socialize en hang out in our great bar, where all our guests get a 20% discount. For every new guest, we change his bed with clean sheets. I am happy to see that you liked our location and staff and I hope you had a great stay in the Dam. With kind regards, Timon, White Tulip Manager

Great location, could be a little cleaner 👍

The location was amazing, however, the cleanliness was not up to standard, the bathroom floors were gross, the floors in the room were gross. They had just bags of dirty sheets sitting there for a couple of days, the bed sheets and blankets all seemed to be marked or stained. Some of the front desk staff were great, one guy was not helpful at all!

• 12th Oct 2015

Would not recommend for solo travelers. It is hard to meet people since there is no lobby area. Staff were not a highlight of my stay. The best thing about this hostel is that is at the heart of the center. The rooms were also really small.

You wont get a night of sleep here due to the spoiled out of control teenage guests and the no rules environment - but maybe that's what you are looking for. Staff was not helpful at all after two nights the heater had been broken and the place is dirty as an after party. Power plugs are rare and there is no common area to chill. You can definitely get more bang for your buck at other places in Amsterdam.

• 11th Oct 2015

Overall, you stay at the tulip purely for its location. The location is amazing. As far as facilities, it is somewhat lacking: no real common area, no kitchen, tiny bathroom stalls, heavy lockers that don't stay open. I traveled alone and didn't really meet anyone due to the lack of common area. There's no reason to hang in the tulip other than to sleep and shower. Aside from that, the staff were great, and the adjacent bar is also great. Would recommend if you're looking for great location

Solid little hostel in the red light district!

Pretty good hostel. It would be nice if the hostel had a common area to meet people. Rooms and bathrooms were very good. Amazing central location.

Average facilities, disinterested staff (I waited about 20 minutes at reception to check in) but fantastic location if you have come to Amsterdam to party. However the flip side of that is even ear plugs won't allow you to get to sleep before 2-3am as your window overlooks a very busy night life walking street

For a last minute booking in the red light district a great place. Like most other places the price is a bit of a kick in the gut but the beds were comfy and the showers were good.

Do not stay here - the hostel is infested with Mice. There were mice running all over our room even when the lights where turned on and we met loads of people from other rooms complaining about Mice aswell! The hostel refused to refund our money so we were stuck there for 2 nights. As if it wasn't bad enough the rooms were so small we felt claustrophobic and you had to go downstairs to the bar to use wifi.

If you're looking for a hostel right inside the red light district, this place is ideal. However, if you are looking for a more relaxing, quiet environment to see other parts of Amsterdam then this is not the place for you.

WORST HOSTEL OF MY LIFE My second time in Amsterdam and I can say that the hostel is horrible , I will never recommend this place, dirty place , old and unhygienic bathroom , bedding smelly , staffs untrained and uneducated , disrespect is what exists in this place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4