The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I stayed there for 1 night, Hostel is so narrow but cant blame since it is Amsterdam so it is like that mostly typical of the buiding size inside, it is good that internet is available to the room as mostly in Amsterdam is seldom to get free internet access in hotel, mostly are costly.Additional, I felt annoyed with one of the receptionist there because he tried to seduce me like touching hands or try to kiss my cheek.. it is so inappropriate and more like harassment since he asked intimacy Q

Great location. Very noisy at night but that's expected when location is so central. Rooms were clean and the size was perfect. The toilets were clean in the morning but by the evening time they were filthy. Just a simple cleaning rota would make such a difference!

• 14th Nov 2014

Worst hostel we've ever stayed in. It takes 'filthy' to a whole new level. 2/3 of the staff are rude and unhelpful. No luggage room. They recommend the lockers at the station for €8 each. Almost the same price as what we paid for a bed. Hostel was on the same block as one of the red light district streets. Because of the location, there's a good chance you will have some creeps staying there. I woke up to find the man in the bunk next to mine touching my feet & wanking himself off. Disgusting!

It's a good hostel considering the price. The first guy that attend me on the entrance looked like not so friendly, and I had to ask for all the information. He didn't give prompt to me. The location is perfect, near to the coffe shops, centraal station, red light... the room is OK, and also the locker. You have some disccount on the bar below the hostel, which is very good. I would recommended, specially if you are planning to stay few days in Amsterdam.

• 7th Nov 2014

Would definitely stay again. Listen, if you are looking to go to Amsterdam with a few of your mates, this is the perfect place. (Had a 10man private room). You couldn't ask for a better location! The staff were really sound and helpful, the night staff were very security conscious and it made us feel safe. Smelt bad when we arrived but the cleaners were working in the toilets. Safe room, lacking in space however, perfect if you need rest your head. Small toilet but who cares you're in Amsterdam!

• 6th Nov 2014

The best host I've had I. 5 months of travelling, Johannes is funny

LOVED IT. Right when we showed up the receptionist treated us like princesses. Simply the nicest people working the front desk at all times. They were able to hold our luggage for us and even when we were early before check-in time they were able to accommodate us very easily. We stayed in a 14-mixed room and we still had plenty of room for our stuff and didn't feel cramped at all. The location is AMAZING. Literally in the center of Red Light district. I would absolutely stay there again!!!

• 28th Oct 2014

Daytime staff member was very helpful in getting room changed after first night. Only stay in the 6 bed room or smaller unless you want to be with large groups of annoying, loud 21 yr old english goons. Bathrooms need help. No kitchen or common area. Social atmosphere non-existent. Food at bar next door only 'good' if you have just smoked 1,000 joints.

• 24th Oct 2014

Other than location this hostel is dirty, not run well and a complete joke. They just let people do what they want. No respect for other people in the dorms at all at any times. Not for light sleepers.

Crowded and with a mild odder. The showers were warm and the beds were clean. If that's all you're looking for than this place is fine.

Horrible stench throughout the building. No available smoking area except out on the streets. Staff regularly barged into our locked room in the early hours of the morning without a courtesy knock. Toiliets and showers didn't get cleaned throughout our stay.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Standard redlight district hostel- narrow stairs, cramped bathrooms, not much atmosphere (but you're in Amsterdam! Get out of the hostel!). The staff tried their best to keep the bathrooms clean and were friendly enough. Perfect location though it isn't anything special (again, standard redlight hostel). If it's cheaper than the rest, stay here. If not, stay where it is.

Our 4 bed private room was relatively clean albeit small, and poorly lit with crumby wifi. The staff were pretty funny and nice on the rare occasion we interacted with them at the door however there wasn't much of an atmosphere owing to the lack of common areas (aside from the discounted pub downstairs). While our room smelt fine the rest of the hostel had a particular and quite strong smell, not necessarily bad but certainly not good. Good cheap crash pad, excellent location, nothing more.

On edge of red light district, only 5 min walk from train station and close to all main attractions. Although if you aren't into party atmosphere prob wouldn't stay here. Otherwise it is a comfortable hostel, good dorm with lockers and wifi. Above Irish pub (discounted drinks and food) but doesn't have kitchen or common room.

Staff with bad mood. Wifi doens't work on the first floor. Bedroon for 14 people and only 2 outlet, recharging the smartphone was impossible.

Let me begin with saying even with my astonishingly low standards with hostels, this hostel was astonishingly horrible. The bathroom my room shared a wall with was under construction and every morning around 7am the workers would come in and blaire techno music and use power tools. The one bathroom for the whole hostel was disturbingly dirty. For my fourteen person room there was 4 outlets which were almost always being used. Last, but not least, the whole hostel smelled very bad.

This hostel has great bunk beds their big and have good mattress'. Good lockers under beds too. Staff were helpful. One of the bathrooms was getting renovated so toilets and showers were so busy and not the cleanest. Its in a great location, and pub next door does cheap food and alcohol. Pretty noisy at night and rooms were a bit smelly. If your in Amsterdam to party this perfect.

The shower rooms are not enough. We have to wait for the shower. The location is great. The room is not very clean but it's cheap though. The best thing is you can meet nice people to experience Amsterdam together which is much fun.

This is your average hostel. I struggle to find a very nice hostel in Amsterdam when comparing to other cities. Staff was knowledgeable and very nice. They are required to leave to front desk to help out in other parts of the hostel so you sometimes have to wait till are allowed back in. I believe there were only 6 power outlets in my room for 14 beds so it was a challenge to charge your devices. But the location was great. 10 minute walk from Central Station and everything else you would need

Room was double booked first night. Some people had to sleep on the floor. Blood stains on the beds. Money, Mobile phone and an iPod was stolen from our private room.

• 19th Sep 2014