The White Tulip Hostel

7.5
Very Good 2345 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2017

very pleasant stay, it was my first time in a hostel and i was very comfortable and content! the pub attached was very convenient and the staff were friendly enough considering how tiring their shifts must be. the showers were an amazing surprise, so powerful

19th Apr 2017
3.1

The white tulip is one of the worst hostels I have stayed in. It was not well kept, trash and sticky floors everywhere, and the bathrooms and showers were disgusting. The staff and security there are a bit of a joke, and the tenants were horrible creatures. I had 18 people living in a 16 person room because two couple who booked late could not get into a room together so instead they made an already cramped room even more claustrophobic by sharing beds.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. I am sorry to hear that we could not meet your expectations during your stay at the White Tulip. In your room we did have issues with a group not following our house roules, and we have reprimanded them several times, and fined them. We do not offer 16person dorm rooms, as our biggest dorms are 14person dorms. You have stayed in a 12person dorm, and we did not sell any single beds to couples. I do hope you have enjoyed the city. With kind regards, Timon Hostel Manager

15th Apr 2017
8.0

I really enjoyed the White Tulip hostel. Once I got over how much I paid for it, I realized that I was in an unbeatable location for a trip to Amsterdam. Right in the heart of the Red Light district and super close to Amsterdam Centraal Station; it made our trip from the airport super smooth. The beds are quite good but the facilities are noticibly uninvested. Minimal frills hostel. That said, the showers on the second floor were GREAT. The wifi was touch and go. Didn't need any public transit.

• Croatia, Male, 41+
7th Apr 2017
6.0

I is very difficult to sleep. Other guests make noise the whole night and the staff does not do anything about it and they dont even hear it from downstairs. Last night I did not sleep at all. Bathroom and showers are uncomfortable, no place to leave your things (underwear, keys, towel...) when taking shower. Because of security reasons, you should always have wristband (keys are not enough) with you, even when you go to the toilet at night???

7th Apr 2017

Great place to sleep. Very clean and secure and we had an awesome room of people in the mixed dorm. There is no communal area and no kitchen, so aside from the room there wasn't much else there.

• USA, Female, 18-24
31st Mar 2017
6.6

It was pretty expensive for what I got. The bathrooms were dirty and there wasn't much room in the stalls. The rooms were clean though. The staff was very friendly and helped us around the city though! It was also central in the city (in the red light district actually) which may have contributed to it's high cost, Not a bad experience overall.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
30th Mar 2017
7.4

Location is right in the red light district. It's very loud at night. Only go there if you want to party every day. Staff is very nice. I arrived at Thursday and everything was clean. It got busy on the weekend and the cleaning staff could not keep up. Three showers and three toilets in one room for the whole floor.

• USA, Female, 31-40
29th Mar 2017

The best part of my stay was getting to talk to the staff. I had the pleasure of speaking with several staff as they worked their shift. They all were friendly and offered great trip advise. The facilities were comfortable and clean, but a little old. I felt safe and secure. I met great people in my room during my stay. The location could not have been better for me. It was right in the middle of all the action and close enough to everything else. I plan to stay here again when traveling alone.

• USA, Female, 18-24
26th Mar 2017
3.1

Very very loud all night long. I wasn't able to sleep at all. The rooms were hot and dirty. Not really a common area to hang out. Got no sleep both nights I stayed here. Will not be coming back again.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
26th Mar 2017
7.1

This was my first time staying in a hostel and it was pretty much as expected. The rooms were clean. There were bins under each bunk bed to store your things. I would recommend bringing a lock if you are going to keep valuables in there. I didn't have a lock so I just carried my passport around with me. The bathrooms were okay, kind of gross because there were so many people using them but could've been worse. The location was very good, right next to the red light district.