The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff were excellent, couldn't do enough for us and made our stay extra enjoyable!

• 15th May 2015

Staff had overbooked the hostel therefore had me check into another hostel which was one of the most disgusting hostel i had ever seen.

• 10th May 2015

Change the size of billboard to be bigger so it can be easily seen if visitors arrive at night as it is located in a very sparkling area so the sign board must be big .

Excellent location and the staff was very friendly when I walked in an helped me adjust my two reservations so I could stay in the same room when my friend arrived the second day and without charging me anything extra. The rooms was a little snug but no big deal, bathrooms were big enough and pretty clean. There is a church next door that sang me the songs of it's people every 15 minutes which was annoying so just be careful if that might bother you. All around great stay!

• 6th May 2015

The hostel is in a fantastic location but lacks basic amenities such as a kitchen, washing machines and a common room.. so the possibility of making new friends is more limited. They have a bar under the hostel which is cool and have two happy hours and serve food. Showers and bathroom are good. Sound is another issue from both outside the hostel and on the staircase landing area. Overall, a substandard experience. I very much doubt I'd return

This was a great hostel! The location was PERFECT and central to the active Amsterdam nightlife. The staff was very friendly and made sure to go out of their way to make sure we had the best experience possible. If you're planning on staying in Amsterdam do yourself the favor of staying here. The bar downstairs had great food and with the discount from the hostel everything was very affordable. Clean and friendly, this place was perfect.

All staff were friendly,especially in the bar except for one exceptionally rude man with a moustache who made me feel incredibly unwelcome on my first night.The showers were super & the lockers were spacious, although awkward to use. The room was incredibly hot at night on the top bunk which meant we had to leave the window open & that let in a lot of street noise. It's right beside a church so expect to be woken up by the loud bells that ring for ages. Upsetting there is no kitchen/common room.

I thought the hostel was in an excellent location. Bit disappointed breakfast wasn't included for the amount we paid. And the room was unbelievably hot when we arrived at 11pm

• 1st May 2015

This hostel was so bad I left my bags in my room and then decided to use the wifi and book somewhere else. The room was terrible. It had a damp smell and the staff were really rude. I didn't feel safe leaving my bag in the room unaccompanied. Not staying there was probably the best decision

If your taking the train it's a super easy walk from there, maybe 5 minutes at the most. When I arrived at the White Tulip greeted well and let me go to the room a few hours early so I could nap the weed was putting me to sleep. I'm traveling alone and it really wasn't easy to meet anyone, stayed in a big room and no one really conversed. Also your right were the gay bars are so when you walk out its always dudes or drug dealers, but the people that worked there did a great job!

Lovely hostel - staff were really friendly and helpful at all times. We were a large group and had a private 10 bed room - it was clean and tidy when we arrived and the bathroom was good. Nice atmosphere in the bar. Would recommend.

• 21st Apr 2015

Cool place

• 20th Apr 2015

There were mice and their bar was closed. The bathrooms are nice but very cramped. Beds are comfy. Location couldn't be better if you want to see the red light district.

We started for just one day and were mostly roaming outside, so the hostel was mainly for sleeping and a bath. The facilities are good, in an excellent location

• 13th Apr 2015
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

2 of us stayed in a large dorm. wake up early or you will get disturbed by the Old Church bells, they are kind of a novelty though so cool nevertheless. This place was great central location right in the oldest part of Amsterdam. All the guys at reception were great with any questions we had. and discounts at the bar. pretty sweet deal. recommended.

Great location right in the middle of red light district. Very noisy at night outside and in the hallways. Pub downstairs was awesome though 20% off food and alcohol and happy hours throughout the day.

the location is great,5minutes walk to Dam square,and there are many restaurants and shops around the staff is very helpful,when i check out early in the morning and ask about the metro,he helped me write down the timetable. the internet is bad,i can't get connected in room on 2nd floor the blanket is really thin

Good location but on a busy lane,so foot traffic at all hours can be a problem. Clean enough and comfortable beds. As with all hostels other room mate can be difficult when using the lights or talking with others asleep. All this considered it was an excellent place to stay for a little money in the red light district :)

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 25-30

it smells bad and it seems like the linens are not changed

Worst hostel I've stayed at, only good thing was the nice bathrooms, they put me in a different room that I booked, some staff were ok, poor atmosphere, also the cleaner broke my phone charger and is rude and I checked out early with 72 hours notice

• 24th Mar 2015