The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Do not stay here - the hostel is infested with Mice. There were mice running all over our room even when the lights where turned on and we met loads of people from other rooms complaining about Mice aswell! The hostel refused to refund our money so we were stuck there for 2 nights. As if it wasn't bad enough the rooms were so small we felt claustrophobic and you had to go downstairs to the bar to use wifi.

WORST HOSTEL OF MY LIFE My second time in Amsterdam and I can say that the hostel is horrible , I will never recommend this place, dirty place , old and unhygienic bathroom , bedding smelly , staffs untrained and uneducated , disrespect is what exists in this place.

You get what you pay for here, especially since good hostels in Amsterdam are expensive. Great location though, walking distance to everything. Rooms are small and hot. Not enough room to sit up on the top bunks. Security wasn't very good as they were doing renovations and anybody could walk up to the rooms.

Special thanks to the staff, the receptionist and all the bar guys at Slaine were extremely helpful, making our stay very comfortable despite all the renovation going on while we were there (which is obviously unavoidable). Would definitely book again once the updates have all been finished!

Honestly didn't like anything about the hostel other then the location. The bathrooms were crowded and had flies. And all the people in my room were extremely rude and the front desk workers were unfriendly. I would suggest separate rooms and washrooms.

Great location, definitely in the thick of things. There's a bar downstairs, which is kinda cool. Definitely a party hostel. The room smelled like body odor and feet and the facilities were bearable. No sort of common room though, which was a bummer

Gets the job done. Nothing too fancy or outstanding about this hostel, but nothing wrong with it as well. Good location

Very comfy beds and in an amazing location right in the centre of the Red Light District. I thought the hostel was expensive for what it has to offer, but you can sort-of understand why once you see how close you are to everything. The staff were helpful and everything was relatively clean in the bedrooms! However, there are not enough facilities (showers, toilets, sinks) for the amount of people that stay, and they were not cleaned often enough. Probably would stay here again.

• 18th Sep 2015

A pretty poor stay overall. The noise in this hostel was horrendous and went on til 5am. The rooms were grubby, including sheets and towels. When we asked to be moved rooms due to noise, the guy said 'it's not really my problem is it?'. Our door would not open/close, which is a fire hazard. Your knees touch the door when you sit down for a wee! Wifi is poor, no common area, mouse traps in the room. We were refused a refund, even though it was so poor here, we decided to move after just one night

• 16th Sep 2015

14 people is too many for a room. The ceilings are too low for bunk beds that high.

The hostel wasn't great. The rooms were hot even with the window open. When the window was open the noise from the street was very loud all night so it was hard to get a decent amount of sleep. The common area was small with limited seating. Also around the corner there is a church and its bells ring every half hour all night every day and its very loud even with earplugs in. The beds however are comfortable and the showers are good. All in all i would definitely not recommend staying there.

We spent 4 nights here and couldn't be happier! We arrived 2hrs early for check in, but were allowed to despite that. Staff were v helpful& kind. Rooms are spacious and clean, you get a big metal trunk for your stuff, they provide padlocks for a 5€ deposit. Cheapest hostel we found in dam, & the location is AMAZING, right in the centre of town, only a 30sec walk to Dam Square or Red light, & there are coffeeshops everywhere. Facilities are really nice and clean, never had to queue. SO HAPPY

Great location! Clean facilities though small. Enjoyed the connecting pub and the discounts as Amsterdam can get expensive!

The hostel was in terrible shape. There was only one very tiny common area (which was really a path way between rooms) and the table was completely sticky and the carpet was in dire need of replacing because my shoes were sticking to it. The windows in the room were paper thin. The room had barely enough room for one person to walk in but if you pulled out your locker no one could pass. In addition, the door for the bathroom had very bad water damage and was completely warped.

Extremely friendly front desk employees. Amazing location close to everything - including Central Station. The lockers under the bed fit my big backpack and even my little one.

Brilliant location, very secure. However the hostel has no common room, no kitchen, nowhere to meet people other than your room. Don't go here if you want to meet people

Perfect! Great location and very close to central station. Will definitely come back!

a great location but is the only good thing in this hostel . The staff attitude was terrible, they were lazy and very rude , they told me they do not have storage for living bags even they had and I had to find it out this from the cleaner . beside that there were mouses in my room.

No real social area

Not much of an atmosphere here, but the facilities are pretty decent. Big lockers for your things, but bring your own lock. There isn't really a common area here, so if you're trying to meet other travelers it's not the best. However, my group was able to book an 8 bed private room which was perfect for us.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4