The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff was very nice, very efficient. As far as the bad reviews, I think people dont actually know what hostels are anymore. You dont spend 40$ a night to sleep in the Ritz Carlton. Gain some f***in perspective. Big rooms, really comfy mattresses, really good location. bathrooms were pretty clean considering 40 people sharing them at any given time. If you and youre boyfriend want to have a cute quiet hostel stay this isn't your place though. Big rooms, people partying, coming in all hours.

• 19th Aug 2015

Nice place, good location, clean...my only concern was related to the bathroom, one for each floor is not enough at all, and when i mean one is one toilet, one shower, one sink... But rhey have a good pub downstairs and yeah, nice place!

• 18th Aug 2015

Nowhere in Amsterdam will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villany. Mice and rats infiltrated the room with a ruthless pursuit of food and it wasn't long before (God rest its soul) my choco moons cereal box was fortified to the mouse belligerent. Enraged, we marched to the reception which was small enough you could jump in anger when refused a refund and smash your head, obliterating pre-frontal lobes and leaving you a huge head bruise. This place is small, dirty and repugnant.

• 4th Aug 2015

Great location, right in the red light district but isn't unsafe at all. However, since it's quite loud at night and in the mornings due to all the tourists. The staff comes into the rooms around 10am to make sure everyone's checked out, but the noise woke me up every morning. Also luggage storage is a mess since they have limited room that gets filled so my bag was stored in a towel closet and I saw other people not able to store their bag even though they were told they could the night before.

I only used hostel for 1 night, only sleep, I didnt really was at the hostel very long.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Small, dirty, but you have what you need to enjoy couple days in Amsterdam. Its close to everything.

A bit noisy because of the bell that rings every 15 minutes. It's in the vicinity of many bars on the busy street so if you are a light sleeper, it may be difficult for you to sleep at night. For that, if you love partying, definitely a great place to stay. blanket was not super clean tho.. otherwise, it was okay overall. Last but not least, Staff are great!

Located near the red light district but the i only red light I was looking for was the eject button. The entire building smells like eggs / strong amonia. Sneaky city taxes where other hostels in Amsterdam include it in the price. I wouldn't stop again. Loud Irish pub underneath it. I daren't go again... I daren't.

The dorm that we stayed in was quite large and comfortable with large lockers. Toilets were clean but cubicles were small which wasn't an issue for us. The wifi doesn't reach all areas of the rooms and there are no real common areas to meet people in. Overall a decent stay for a couple of nights

Location is excellent. Check out time should be later considering that check in is after 14:00. Not enough storage for a big suitcase. Electrical points are placed horribly. No proper ventilation and room gets very hot.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

Decent place. Not much of an atmosphere but if you go on the pub crawl you meet tons of people. Staff is decent, the one guy that works there is really funny. Close to everything, the location is great.

Helpful staff. Central location. A bit expensive.

Location was amazing. Bar staff and some front desk staff are great. Wifi was basically nonexistent, both in the room and in the rest of the hostel. The bar had its own wifi but it was down for the 3 days I was there. Huge complaint about the older front desk man who woke me up (twice!) an hour before check out. Apparently there was a mix up with the books, but it was really unprofessional and he was pretty aggressive. I'd recommend trying to find somewhere else--this is a last resort hostel.

I really loved everything.... The staff was really lovely... Great location.... The pub partner wonderful as well.... I'm really satisfied....

It's the basics. A bed in the heart of the red light district. Don't expect to meet people here. It's filled with late-night partygoers and if that's what your doing than you'll fit right in. Good lockers under the bed to store your bag. Bring a lock.

The only good thing about this hostel is the location being central to the lively red light district, the security at the door, and that there is a pub downstairs. I would NEVER stay at this hostel again. No air conditioning made it IMPOSSIBLE to sleep it was so hot, there was a mouse and or rat in our room, and additionally the cleaning man woke everyone up by yelling as us to check out (sorry that I was finally able to get some sleep in this awfully hot hostel). DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

One of the best hostels I've used in Amsterdam. It's very cheap so I was chuffed with that because usually I pay on average 80-130 Euros for two nights whereas I paid only 55 Euros in comparison. Staff were very friendly too so thank you for making me feel welcome. It would be better if there was an extension socket to charge phones etc!

Amazing location near to everthing and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hostel for people traveling in groups but not for single travellers.

Very secure - the people behind reception have to let you into the hostel. The stairs between the first and second floor were VERY steep with no handrail which could cause problems for some people. The dorm i stayed in got very hot but was clean - as were the bathrooms.

Place was dirty, the check-in took forever, staff was not helpful atmosphere is not good. It was on the cheaper side so that was the only plus and the location is good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4