The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

One of the best hostels I've used in Amsterdam. It's very cheap so I was chuffed with that because usually I pay on average 80-130 Euros for two nights whereas I paid only 55 Euros in comparison. Staff were very friendly too so thank you for making me feel welcome. It would be better if there was an extension socket to charge phones etc!

Amazing location near to everthing and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hostel for people traveling in groups but not for single travellers.

Very secure - the people behind reception have to let you into the hostel. The stairs between the first and second floor were VERY steep with no handrail which could cause problems for some people. The dorm i stayed in got very hot but was clean - as were the bathrooms.

Wifi isn't very strong in the room though but everything else is perfect.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

I would stay there again.

The white tulip hostel is just a place to crash while you go out for crazy red light district partying. The hostel is not clean, does not have a common area, and gets out of control at night. While I stayed there were loud, drunk fights, groups jumping and shaking the whole building, and people walking around totally wasted. To enjoy the real, beautiful city of Amsterdam, look to stay elsewhere.

Staff were lovely, saw them help several travellers with their luggage up the 3 flights of stairs. Very accommodating. Co-ed toilets/showers were usually clean, except soon after use from particular male guests, but staff were willing to clean if they were notified of mess! Luggage room available after the 10am checkout. Would recommend.

• 4th Jun 2015

Besides the location and the friendliness of the staff this hostel wasn't that great. The bathrooms and bedrooms were dirty and weren't cleaned once in our days we were there. It's loud of course because of the location but that's expected. Very little room to store luggage so you have to store your luggage at the train station or somewhere else.

Situated right in the middle of town just around the corner from the red light district etc so it was pretty loud at night. Amsterdam is pretty small so I would recommend staying out of the centre district and walking in to go out. Pretty basic hostel otherwise, guy at the front was nice and helped us out. GREAT showers!

Awesome hostel. Very good location if you don't mind a little bit of noise at night and church bells in the morning. Very good security, large lockers for each bed. Plenty of showers and toilets, never waited in line once. Only downside was no kitchen but you get 20% off in the bar below the hostel which is great, especially during happy hour!

There wasn't really any socializing among the other guests, nor a place to so that wasn't in the bar. Also, they're not kidding about the no smoking thing...don't do it out the window even or you'll be charged 50 euro.

Very friendly staff, always happy to help. Nice atmosphere, felt like a good place to stay if wanting to meet others travelling alone! Great location, really close to the square and lots of restaurants nearby.

The older man that checked me in was a little bit strange and quite clearly high. But apart from that, the hostel was sufficient. Good location just outside the red light district, great social bar area which gets quite busy at night. I only stayed one night but it was a nice place.

Location is amazing, staff were super nice and helpful. The bar next door is awesome

• 20th May 2015

The staff were excellent, couldn't do enough for us and made our stay extra enjoyable!

• 15th May 2015

We encountered 2 staff members, the other one was very very nice and gave us recommendations and made us feel welcome. The second one was clearly high and acted a bit inappropriate, also he wasn't offering his help all too happily... All in all we liked the hostel, the location is great and the facilities+rooms are good. We wished there was a common area to hang out in so we could've met other travelers staying at the hostel.

• 12th May 2015
  • Finland

The place was really centrical, easy to go anywhere, there was nice people and the staff where quite helpfull. For the money you pay on the week days what you get is good. The place still will benefit of having some common place to meet up other travelers. Overall is a good hostage for it price

Staff had overbooked the hostel therefore had me check into another hostel which was one of the most disgusting hostel i had ever seen.

• 10th May 2015

Change the size of billboard to be bigger so it can be easily seen if visitors arrive at night as it is located in a very sparkling area so the sign board must be big .

Excellent location and the staff was very friendly when I walked in an helped me adjust my two reservations so I could stay in the same room when my friend arrived the second day and without charging me anything extra. The rooms was a little snug but no big deal, bathrooms were big enough and pretty clean. There is a church next door that sang me the songs of it's people every 15 minutes which was annoying so just be careful if that might bother you. All around great stay!

• 6th May 2015