The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

You can't find better place at the same price.

• 6th Feb 2016
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great Hostel in the inner city. Very friendly people and good beds.

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff was very friendly , very helpful , I enjoyed my stay , I shall definitely stay here again

• 5th Feb 2016

The receptionist guy who have striped pullover was the sweetest person in the world. Location is the best. People who stay there is very friendly. However, bunks are a little uncomfortable because roof is too close.

My stay was okay, the hostel is nice if you wanna go and party in Amsterdam. Was slightly surprised that this hostel didn't have cooking facilities or even a place to heat some water for tea or instant coffee, which is the biggest minus from me. Usually people travelling on a budget like to cut down on the cost of travelling by making their own food. And as always, my sleep was interupted by a large group of drunken Spanish tourists, but that's hostel life for you. :P

The staf was kind and helpful! They help us for a lot. The dormitory is not that nice but the location is perfect !

• 19th Jan 2016

As soon as we got here the staff where very friendly and helpful every time we went in and out a polite gentalman asked if everything now was up to standard and if we needed anything or anything changed location is very good with town centre and red light district less then 5 minutes walk showers and toilets where clean and tidy not like what people say in reviews so was a bonus as I have a problem With clean showers and toilets over all was good and would stay again thanks

The only thing that I missed was some kind of social space, where people can meet, eat or just chill out. The only space where I could be was my bed. Anyhow, it is a clean and cosy hostel.

This was my first stay at a hostel and I found it Dupri singly nicer than I had imagined. People were all friendly as well as the staff, food is good in the pub as well Only complaint was having to share a bunk with a guy that had extreme acid reflux or something and sounded like he was going to die I. His sleep any moment but that's not their fault. Overall I would recommend and stay here again. Friendly atmosphere.

Suggestion: charge more for beds that are farther from the door. Besides that, hostel was fine.

• 9th Jan 2016

Very well located in the red light district. However being so central the noise levels are high. If your looking to go on the lash with the guys, this is a great place to stay, but if you are looking for a quieter more comfortable atmosphere I'd recommend somewhere different. The Irish pub next door do decent pub food & drinks @ 20% off.

• 7th Jan 2016

The showers were never clean and the rooms were messy. Mysterious liquids on the walls and garbage everywhere. It wasn't the staffs fault, it was the people that were staying there who left it messy. It felt like a highschool sleep away camp. Also it says there is an age limit of 40 but there was a man in our room that was clearly above 40 said he worked for one of the prostitution lounges in the red light district. the staff was so nice and friendly though. Just not the crowd we expected.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We strive to give all our guests a great time in Amsterdam, and if we fail, we try to do learn from that to do it better next time. Regarding the cleaning, we try to keep a clean hostel during the whole day, but if you felt that the accomadation was constantly unclean, it is for us a signal to look again at our cleaning schedule. Although our guests are usually in the agegroup 20yr-30yr, it can occasionaly happen that guests share their dorm with guests from a different agegroup, even though we profile ourselves as a youth hostel. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations, and I do hope you give us another chance next time you are in Amsterdam. Come say hi to us and we will do our best to give you a great experience in our lovely city:) With kind regards, Timon White Tulip Manager

The White Tulip is awesome. It's right next to de Oude Kerk / The Old Church, close to the red light district and all its cool bars and coffee shops. Really chilled vibes and the bar downstairs is really large and filled with awesome people, unlike most bars in Amsterdam, you have some room to breathe! Plus you get nice discount at the bar if you stay in the hostel. Bathrooms clean and neat, beds also cleaned and made up every day :-)

• 30th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

I loved the place, Staff was really helpful.Wifi was good. I really liked the discount in the bar. Thanks for everything!! Might go back!

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Hungary

The location is perfect and friendly staff! Could be a bit cleaner, but nothing to fuss about really.

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Lithuania

Really great location. Toilets and showers were clean. Would have been better if they had a kitchen though but I guess most hostels in Amsterdam don't. There was also no common area. Pricing was also a bit odd as I paid about 36 euros for 3 nights while another guy paid 160 euros for the exact same nights. Not complaining just found the disparity surprising and I won't want to be on the receiving end of that bill.

Apart from cleanliness everything was very well for me ! Yes, It was nice place to stay for a small trip !

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • India

The hostel has a great location, bathroom were cleaned every day, you can storage your luggage under your bed, you have to take your lock. There is not kitchen, however there is a pub where you can ask to staff to warn your food, for example. If I go again to Amsterdam, I would stay at the same place.

The Hostel is placed in the very center of Amsterdam and has a beautiful young atmosphere. There are 4 shower every floor and all the basic stuff you need in a trip. If you are looking for a good cheap and central place, you're in the right place.

Didn't check out the bar, the hostel itself is just a hole to sleep but surely good value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4