7.6
Very Good 1,827 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 1,827 Total Reviews
The White Tulip Hostel Located at Warmoesstraat 87, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Noord-holland 1012 HZ Warmoesstraat 87
76% 1827
52.3746167 4.8971343
    Rooms available

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
23rd May 2016
7.4

Only a 5 minute train ride from Amsterdam Centraal. Pretty neat that it's a converted train, this also means that the living quarters are really cramped. Staff was very nice, and there was staff there at all hours. Instead of giving you you a room key, you have to ask the staff to unlock your room for you, they use a conductors key so it works on every room. There are no outlets in the rooms so you have to charge your electronics in the diner car, but it's safe to leave it there. Very expensive.

It sounds like you had a great stay at the TRAIN LODGE in Amsterdam;) I hope you also had a great time at the White Tulip Hostel;) I'd love to see a good review on Train lodges page from you! With Kind regards, Reception Team

22nd May 2016
8.0

You're paying for the location. Right on the edge of the Red Light District and on the main street it really is a great location. Other than that it's very basic. No kitchen, strange shower set up and no common area. It's a place to sleep, and that's about it.

• esthernam
  • Brazil, Female, 18-24
18th May 2016
6.0

No big deal at all, the only good thing was the location and thats all. They dont take our luggage before check in or after check out because they dont have space. But they give u a card for you to leave somewhere near to the hostel. (€5). Anyway, its ok for the price.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
18th May 2016

This has been one of my favourite hostels in Europe the staff are so helpful and everybody who stays there is amazing. I would definitely stay here again no doubt about it.

Thank you for your review! We were happy to help you out, and I hope that you had a great time in our city:) We hope to see you next time you are in Amsterdam. With kind regards, Reception Team

17th May 2016
5.7

If you're looking for just a bed to pass out drunk and stoned, it's probably perfect. Not at all what I wanted. I had 2 days left on my booking and I left early w/no refund because I was miserable. It's LOUD until 4a.m. or so--right in the heart of the RLD. Bathrooms are clean-ish, but smallest I've ever seen. No atmosphere because there is no common area whatsoever. No place to eat or cook. Staff was able to point me in the right direction most of the time but was unenthusiastic

• USA, Male, 31-40
13th May 2016
8.0

Definitely right in the middle of the action. Met some really great people. Not quite, but I wasn't looking to sleep. Everything felt safe and k really didn't have any issues with anything. I would definitely stay there again if I was in Amsterdam.

Thank you for your kind words. We always strive to help out our guests the best way we can:) Reviews like yours are really the biggest reward for that. We hope to see you back next time. With kind regards, Reception team

• USA, Male, 18-24
12th May 2016
6.9

Good bar downstairs you get 20% off at. Great location right in the red light district.

• England, Couple, 25-30
11th May 2016

Great hostel. 20% off at the Irish pub is a plus. Unfortunately they don't hold your bags for you when you checkout, but I think maybe that's normal in Amsterdam. Extremely good security in my opinion, if that's something you're into.

10th May 2016
8.0

White Tulip was a very good hostel for the money. I especially loved the roll-out lockers under every bunk (there was enough for everyone to have a decent-sized locker). The staff was friendly even though one of the other guests made quite a mess in one of the rooms, the bathrooms were clean and there were plenty of showers. Probably the biggest downside of this hostel is that there is no social space (dining room or kitchen), so it's a bit harder to meet other travelers. Overall a great deal.

• Nicatrader
  • Nicaragua, Male, 31-40
9th May 2016
4.3

Too much noise. The room was too hot. Not good at all. Some of the staff were great, but I will never take this Hostal as an option or recommend it.

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. All the rooms are provided with heaters, that can be turned on and off by the guests. Being located in the mids of it all, our street is very vibrant and could be a bit noisy. I am glad to hear that you did like our staff! We hope to see you again next time you are in Amsterdam, even if it is just to say hi;) Kind regards, Reception Team