The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I thought the hostel was in an excellent location. Bit disappointed breakfast wasn't included for the amount we paid. And the room was unbelievably hot when we arrived at 11pm

• 1st May 2015

This hostel was so bad I left my bags in my room and then decided to use the wifi and book somewhere else. The room was terrible. It had a damp smell and the staff were really rude. I didn't feel safe leaving my bag in the room unaccompanied. Not staying there was probably the best decision

If your taking the train it's a super easy walk from there, maybe 5 minutes at the most. When I arrived at the White Tulip greeted well and let me go to the room a few hours early so I could nap the weed was putting me to sleep. I'm traveling alone and it really wasn't easy to meet anyone, stayed in a big room and no one really conversed. Also your right were the gay bars are so when you walk out its always dudes or drug dealers, but the people that worked there did a great job!

Lovely hostel - staff were really friendly and helpful at all times. We were a large group and had a private 10 bed room - it was clean and tidy when we arrived and the bathroom was good. Nice atmosphere in the bar. Would recommend.

• 21st Apr 2015

Cool place

• 20th Apr 2015

There were mice and their bar was closed. The bathrooms are nice but very cramped. Beds are comfy. Location couldn't be better if you want to see the red light district.

• 20th Apr 2015

We started for just one day and were mostly roaming outside, so the hostel was mainly for sleeping and a bath. The facilities are good, in an excellent location

• 13th Apr 2015
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

2 of us stayed in a large dorm. wake up early or you will get disturbed by the Old Church bells, they are kind of a novelty though so cool nevertheless. This place was great central location right in the oldest part of Amsterdam. All the guys at reception were great with any questions we had. and discounts at the bar. pretty sweet deal. recommended.

Great location right in the middle of red light district. Very noisy at night outside and in the hallways. Pub downstairs was awesome though 20% off food and alcohol and happy hours throughout the day.

the location is great,5minutes walk to Dam square,and there are many restaurants and shops around the staff is very helpful,when i check out early in the morning and ask about the metro,he helped me write down the timetable. the internet is bad,i can't get connected in room on 2nd floor the blanket is really thin

Good location but on a busy lane,so foot traffic at all hours can be a problem. Clean enough and comfortable beds. As with all hostels other room mate can be difficult when using the lights or talking with others asleep. All this considered it was an excellent place to stay for a little money in the red light district :)

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 25-30

it smells bad and it seems like the linens are not changed

Worst hostel I've stayed at, only good thing was the nice bathrooms, they put me in a different room that I booked, some staff were ok, poor atmosphere, also the cleaner broke my phone charger and is rude and I checked out early with 72 hours notice

• 24th Mar 2015

The gentlemen working the evening shift front desk was friendly and welcoming. The gentlemen working the morning shift with the LA cap was actually quite rude and unpleasant whenever I would enter and leave the hostel. The morning shift guy would question my staying at the hostel and I had several rude encounters with this guy, I'm not sure if he was drinking on the job and having fun but it was quite a weird experience.

As far as location goes, this place is amazing. Very close to the Amsterdam Centrail Train Station. Located in the red light district. Close to shopping, tours, clubs, bars, coffee shops (for those who smoke weed), and other attractions. The water gets hot. The rooms are clean. There's no lobby area to sit. But there was a table with chairs in my room (10 bed mixed). Wifi is free but the quality depends on how many people are using it. Best wifi hours: 10p-6/7am. (When people are out/asleep).

• 19th Mar 2015

for sure it is a recommanded hostel. the bed was good..the most important are toilet and shower were clean and good smell. the staffs were nice and friendly. thank you for everything The white tulip hostel. i was so happy staying there:)

My stay here was exactly what i needed! .. perfect location and literally the best shower's I've ever come across in a hostel!!!

I'm tired of hostels where the WiFi doesn't work. How hard can it be to have working WiFi at your hostel in central Amsterdam? It's just lazy and unacceptable.

Great staff, great hostel, I loved it to stay in Amsterdam. It is in excellent location. The bathroom are cleaned regurlaly but because it is only a few cabins to a lot of people sometimes it is a bit dirty (usually it is clean though). The staff is really friendly and the bed sheets were clean. My only critic to it is that it doesn't have a kitchen - not even a microwave! And the region being central is quite expensive to eat. You can take food inside though (sandwiches! =)

Thanks for being the most welcoming hostel we've stayed at!

• 5th Mar 2015