Very Good 2,160 Total Reviews
Very Good 2,160 Total Reviews
The White Tulip Hostel Located at Warmoesstraat 87, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Noord-holland 1012 HZ Warmoesstraat 87
74% 2160
52.3746167 4.8971343
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
2nd Dec 2016

The location was great, right near Dam square and near a bunch of restaurants. You do hear the church bells every hour, so if you are a light sleeper you may want to not be near the church. It didn´t bother me at all, I really enjoyed the location and I would stay at the white tulip again.

• catagime5054
  • Brazil, Male, 25-30
27th Nov 2016
7.7

Dispite the average grade I give isnt that high, I recommend this hostel. Things that really bothered me were the toilets and baths seemed to have never been cleaned during my 3 nights stay and the wifi didnt work well at the second floor dorm. On the upside: big lockers, excellent location, comfort rooms...

• Wales, Male, 18-24
22nd Nov 2016

Stayed for 4 days had a really good time, staff are great its located right in the center so really good place, beds are comfortable, you also get 20% discount in the irish bar next door what do really good food, bathroom was really clean, security is good, they give you a wrist band to get in through to the rooms, me and my brother stayed here, will definitely stay here again next time I'm in the dam, I recommend this place

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
18th Nov 2016
6.3

location was best part about this hostel. Showers were ice cold, leaky toilets, rude staff.

• Australia, Male, 41+
11th Nov 2016
8.0

The staff were professional and fairly friendly. I guess space is at a premium in Amsterdam, but there was no communal lounge where one could relax, have a cup of tea and check on emails etc whilst in the atmosphere of other guests. Each bed space is provided with its own power point for laptops/phones etc as well as a lockable storage compartment(locker) under the bed. A couple of wall hooks would have been useful since there is no where to hang clothes etc.

• Wales, Female, 18-24
8th Nov 2016
8.0

I was only there a couple of nights, but compared to some of the other hotels I've stayed in, this was definitely the best! The staff were really friendly and helpful and the location was central - with it only being a 5/10 minute walk to Amsterdam Centraal station. One of the only things that perhaps should be mentioned is the fact there are very steep stairs to get to the dorms and no elevator.

• USA, Male, 41+
4th Nov 2016
7.4

First time in amsterdam and it will NOT be the last. This Hostel does have a very nice and accommodating staff, not to mention they are very easy on the eyes :) I did not know what to expect but i was surprised by how clean they kept the place. Our 4 person room was sadly cramped which made moving around very difficult. There are 2 "common areas" but not really large enough to accommodate large groups who may want to socialize. Besides the tiny room, this is a decent hostel

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd Nov 2016
7.1

Great location. Perfect bar next door. Staff so friendly and helpful. Gave us loads of info of where to go and how to get there. Bathrooms lacking to small , not enough showers and loos way to small. Also proper lockers with security needed. Other guests so nice. And in general a good hostel experience.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
2nd Nov 2016
4.6

Would not stay here again. We saw mice in the facility, and it lost power at one point. It was not worth it for the price, no breakfast and no services such as items to borrow or rent. Their partner bar next door was not a place for traveling students (especially females) as it was a rough older men crowd all the time, it made us very uncomfortable. Wifi was also unreliable. Although the location was PERFECT the hostel was not good. It was average at best with problems.

Thank you for your taking the time to leave us a review. I am very sorry for the dark hour you had to deal with during your stay, but unfortunately our operator has cut the electricity on the Red light district, which means the whole area was out of electricity for an hour. We do not offer free breakfast, but we do offer a great Breakfast deal during the weekdays, where you can get a irish or dutch breakfast with a coffee for just 5 euro. To name a few, we offer free lockers, towels, sheets, printing, and reception you can borrow for example a hairdryer, an iron, padlocks, chargers and adapters. I am happy you did enjoy the location, and I hope you had a good time in the DAM! With kind regards, Timon Hostel Manager

1st Nov 2016