The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent location, 10 minutes walking from central station and 5 minutes walking to the dam square. Surrounded by all what u need, food, bars and souvenir shops. A bit noisy area but this is the fun needed. Its not ur place if u need to relax, but if ur about partying, this is ur area

I made my reservations for The White Tulip and when I arrived they told me it was full and then transferred me to another hostel nearby Croydon. It seemed like making reservations and paying in advanced didn't worked. It was not as clean or as pretty but I could still sleep and take a shower. The thing is it was definitely a cheaper hostel so I basically got ripped off. There are many many hostels in Amsterdam, look further into them before making reservations in The White Tulip.

The staff were amazing! So friendly and helpful. I mentioned that i wanted to try some bitter balan (sp?) and was wondering where i could get some, they talked to the bar for me and turned out they had a shipment in, so they made me a plate, told me the traditional way to eat it and didn't charge me for it either! Fantastic!

Even though I tried to email regarding one of our team being absent, and we were put into a smaller room, we were asked to pay the full amount and sort out the problem in the morning. The problem was pushed further and further away with continued excuses. This was clearly a tactic to extract the full amount from us. In the end the place cost more than a five star hotel but with nowhere close to the facilities. I feel as though I was extorted and won't use this service again.

• 30th May 2014

The best part about this hostel was that it was right in the middle of the Red Light District. Other than that, it was way overpriced. The ceiling was all of two feet above my top bunk, the storage drawers were awkward and difficult to use, and the bathroom was tiny considering the dozens of people it hosted. If you really just need a bed, this can be okay, but don't expect much else.

This is not a hostel, it has zero atmosphere as a hostel is expected to have. The only common area is a very seedy Irish Bar where the staff were terrible. Location is all this place has.

• 23rd May 2014

Great location, one street over from red light district. Room was good and clean with good sized lockers. Showers weren't so flash and wifi was a bit annoying as u have to sign in through Facebook each time but overall can't complain for the price of the hostel. Would stay again for sure!

No way to comeback!!!

The white tulip was a great time, met a lot of good people and it was right next to everything you wanted to do. I would recommend to anyone going to Amsterdam to party.

• 13th May 2014

I had pretty low expectations going in, but I didn't have a problem at all. There were a lot of beds crammed into each room but it didn't really feel claustraphobic. My biggest complaint was how poorly the internet worked. The location was excellent though. It was worth it for my friend and I because we only had 2 days in Amsterdam and the location was convenient and the price was super low so it met our needs.

Perfect location, helpful staff. Everything within the control of the workers at the hostel was great. We booked a 10 bed room but got put in a 14 and they promptly refunded us the difference when we brought it to their attention. Unfortunately, we had the pleasure of staying with some very inconsiderate people. Loud, left the bathrooms a mess, etc. Great location if you want to take part in all that Amsterdam has to offer. If you want a more quiet experience, may not be the hostel for you.

this hostel is is relatively easy to find. you have to wear a green wristband (like the kind that you wear at parties/events) and show it to reception when you want to enter the hostel. I never wore mine. Later in the day the toilets are disgusting, and the showers don't seem as clean as they could be. The hostel is next to a church which chimes its bells every 15min from 930am. There don't seem to be enough lockers vs beds;the lockers are very noisy and difficult to use. No kitchen/common area.

Hostel is in great location if you want to party! Tons of fun, everything is close. Hostel is clean and has friendly staff. Needs a much bigger common room though. Only complaint though.

• 25th Apr 2014