The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

One of the best hostels I've used in Amsterdam. It's very cheap so I was chuffed with that because usually I pay on average 80-130 Euros for two nights whereas I paid only 55 Euros in comparison. Staff were very friendly too so thank you for making me feel welcome. It would be better if there was an extension socket to charge phones etc!

Amazing location near to everthing and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hostel for people traveling in groups but not for single travellers.

Very secure - the people behind reception have to let you into the hostel. The stairs between the first and second floor were VERY steep with no handrail which could cause problems for some people. The dorm i stayed in got very hot but was clean - as were the bathrooms.

Place was dirty, the check-in took forever, staff was not helpful atmosphere is not good. It was on the cheaper side so that was the only plus and the location is good.

I don't advise to stay in this hostel. The main disadvantages are: small dormitories, lack of cleanliness and hygiene, lack of air conditioning / ventilation.

Wifi isn't very strong in the room though but everything else is perfect.

I would stay there again.

The white tulip hostel is just a place to crash while you go out for crazy red light district partying. The hostel is not clean, does not have a common area, and gets out of control at night. While I stayed there were loud, drunk fights, groups jumping and shaking the whole building, and people walking around totally wasted. To enjoy the real, beautiful city of Amsterdam, look to stay elsewhere.

Staff were lovely, saw them help several travellers with their luggage up the 3 flights of stairs. Very accommodating. Co-ed toilets/showers were usually clean, except soon after use from particular male guests, but staff were willing to clean if they were notified of mess! Luggage room available after the 10am checkout. Would recommend.

• 4th Jun 2015

Besides the location and the friendliness of the staff this hostel wasn't that great. The bathrooms and bedrooms were dirty and weren't cleaned once in our days we were there. It's loud of course because of the location but that's expected. Very little room to store luggage so you have to store your luggage at the train station or somewhere else.

Situated right in the middle of town just around the corner from the red light district etc so it was pretty loud at night. Amsterdam is pretty small so I would recommend staying out of the centre district and walking in to go out. Pretty basic hostel otherwise, guy at the front was nice and helped us out. GREAT showers!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »