Tres Mundos Hostel

7.5
Very Good 264 Total Reviews

11th Mar 2017
4.9

I've stayed in quite a lot of hostels in my lifetime, I really couldn't find one reason to stay another night here. Security was lacking, room was dirty and very hot, bathroom was dirty with no soap, kitchen was disgusting. I'm not one to give bad reviews but sorry, I have to for this hostel. Location was good, that's really the only plus.

• Czech Republic, Male, 31-40
4th Mar 2017
4.6

The staff was very nice but that's about it. Room was ugly, one window facing messy storage room, another facing messy yard. Aircon loud as hell and no fan. If you don't like noise, don't stay here-we didn't care as we were tired after the day on the plane. Bedsheets old and full of stains. Bathroom messy. Really I'd pay like 50 pesos for this hole.

We are sorry for your bad experience. Our focus is customer satisfaction and we are always upgrading our services to provide better customer experience. Your review serves us to review what can be made better without sacrificing the economic price range people choose the room for.

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Feb 2017

Fantastic place to stay I was here for 11 nights, I enjoyed it so much I didn't want to leave! Everyone who works here is amazing and really helpful, all you need to do is ask and they tell you all the best places to go. I was made to feel at home as soon as I arrived. It's a colourful and uplifting environment. Bar prices are reasonable. As a women traveling alone I found this place great because it's not too big so everyone socialises with eachother and you feel safe. I hope to return soon!

Thank you very much for your feedback. We were also glad to have you here. Hope to see you soon!

17th Feb 2017
7.7

A centrally located colorful hostel . A good place to meet friendly ppl , if you travel alone .

10th Feb 2017
6.6

There was just one fan in the dorm with 8 bed and I found it quite claustophobic, particularly as the room was quite small. Garbage in bathroom took 2 days to be emptied. OK breakfast, friendly staff, good location.

The room is air conditioned, but your room mates asked to turn it off because they felt cold. It happens on the colder nights during winter season. We clean the bathrooms every day and obviously the garbage bin. I don't know what happened on that particular day, always let us know if you have any issues.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
28th Jan 2017
8.0

Had a quiet one night stay here in the female dorm. Nice place for a rest in your travels with hammocks and a good kitchen area. Staff was very friendly, most people here kept to themselves when I was there anyways. Overall clean and very chill.

16th Jan 2017
8.0

If you want to have a beer before the bar opens, you're out of luck - so don't think you're gonna chill with a beer in the afternoon. The bar opens whenever they feel like it. Supposed to open at 6 but the first night it wasn't even open by 8. Other than that, the beds are comfortable, the showers have hot water, and the internet is pretty solid. Would recommend for a day or two, but not much longer. They charge to refill your water bottle which is kind of strange in Mexico.

You stayed for two nights and the first night was monday, the quietest day of the week and the barman asked to open late. Any other day we open at 6pm. Before that ask for your drink anytime at the reception. We charge 5 pesos (20 cents) to refill a 1,5L bottle, drinking with cups is free. It's normal in every hostel in Playa and anywhere I personally traveled around Mexico and surrounded countries.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
6th Jan 2017

We were only there for one night briefly, but it seemed like a great hostel. Good location

• England, Female, 25-30
5th Jan 2017
6.9

There was a poster up in the bar offereing customers free drinks for 100% hostelworld, tripadvisor and facebook reviews. Felt cheated as soon as I stepped in there. They say breackfast was included but was only half a banana, a slice of paypaya and a slice of toast.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
3rd Jan 2017
7.7

The rooms are good - the aircon gets turned on at 9pm. There's lockers for valuables. There is a bar but the nights I was there - there was not much of a party vibe and no one was at the hostel drinking. It's in a good location and has a good common area with couches and wifi.

We are not a party hostel, we are a laid back backpackers hostel. So our bar is for people that appretiate more reggae, deep house,... caribbean kind of vibe, and the good night sleep after it closes. There are a lot of party hostels around but people there complain about all night party and loud music which we want to avoid. We have people having fun around the bar every night though.