Tres Mundos Hostel

Very Good 252 Total Reviews

• Czech Republic, Male, 31-40
4th Mar 2017
4.6

The staff was very nice but that's about it. Room was ugly, one window facing messy storage room, another facing messy yard. Aircon loud as hell and no fan. If you don't like noise, don't stay here-we didn't care as we were tired after the day on the plane. Bedsheets old and full of stains. Bathroom messy. Really I'd pay like 50 pesos for this hole.

We are sorry for your bad experience. Our focus is customer satisfaction and we are always upgrading our services to provide better customer experience. Your review serves us to review what can be made better without sacrificing the economic price range people choose the room for.

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Feb 2017

Fantastic place to stay I was here for 11 nights, I enjoyed it so much I didn't want to leave! Everyone who works here is amazing and really helpful, all you need to do is ask and they tell you all the best places to go. I was made to feel at home as soon as I arrived. It's a colourful and uplifting environment. Bar prices are reasonable. As a women traveling alone I found this place great because it's not too big so everyone socialises with eachother and you feel safe. I hope to return soon!

Thank you very much for your feedback. We were also glad to have you here. Hope to see you soon!

10th Feb 2017
6.6

There was just one fan in the dorm with 8 bed and I found it quite claustophobic, particularly as the room was quite small. Garbage in bathroom took 2 days to be emptied. OK breakfast, friendly staff, good location.

The room is air conditioned, but your room mates asked to turn it off because they felt cold. It happens on the colder nights during winter season. We clean the bathrooms every day and obviously the garbage bin. I don't know what happened on that particular day, always let us know if you have any issues.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
28th Jan 2017
8.0

Had a quiet one night stay here in the female dorm. Nice place for a rest in your travels with hammocks and a good kitchen area. Staff was very friendly, most people here kept to themselves when I was there anyways. Overall clean and very chill.

16th Jan 2017
8.0

If you want to have a beer before the bar opens, you're out of luck - so don't think you're gonna chill with a beer in the afternoon. The bar opens whenever they feel like it. Supposed to open at 6 but the first night it wasn't even open by 8. Other than that, the beds are comfortable, the showers have hot water, and the internet is pretty solid. Would recommend for a day or two, but not much longer. They charge to refill your water bottle which is kind of strange in Mexico.

You stayed for two nights and the first night was monday, the quietest day of the week and the barman asked to open late. Any other day we open at 6pm. Before that ask for your drink anytime at the reception. We charge 5 pesos (20 cents) to refill a 1,5L bottle, drinking with cups is free. It's normal in every hostel in Playa and anywhere I personally traveled around Mexico and surrounded countries.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
6th Jan 2017

We were only there for one night briefly, but it seemed like a great hostel. Good location

• England, Female, 25-30
5th Jan 2017
6.9

There was a poster up in the bar offereing customers free drinks for 100% hostelworld, tripadvisor and facebook reviews. Felt cheated as soon as I stepped in there. They say breackfast was included but was only half a banana, a slice of paypaya and a slice of toast.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
3rd Jan 2017
7.7

The rooms are good - the aircon gets turned on at 9pm. There's lockers for valuables. There is a bar but the nights I was there - there was not much of a party vibe and no one was at the hostel drinking. It's in a good location and has a good common area with couches and wifi.

We are not a party hostel, we are a laid back backpackers hostel. So our bar is for people that appretiate more reggae, deep house,... caribbean kind of vibe, and the good night sleep after it closes. There are a lot of party hostels around but people there complain about all night party and loud music which we want to avoid. We have people having fun around the bar every night though.

• Sweden, All Female Group, 25-30
2nd Jan 2017
4.9

A cheap hostel close to the centre, but highly uncomfortable beds and unsanitary bathroom. i was disturbed by other guests talking for hours in the night right next to my bed. Ok to stay for a nigght but not for longer.If you want to use safetybox, brig your own padlock.

Our bathrooms are cleaned every day twice, in high occupancy days it depends a lot on the guests how long they keep it clean before the next clean. Our older mattrases we are in a process of changing for a new and better ones. I'm sorry about the guests talking, we have signs to encourage people to respect and not to make noise in the dorms but we can't be responsable for the unconsiderate people, it's recommendable to travel with earplugs when staying in hostels.

29th Dec 2016
4.6

Expensive private non-airconditioned room. Bathrooms way too dirty. Staff border line rude. Location was good

I'm sorry but you stayed over the new years in a private room, so obviously it's the most expensive nights of the year, even though I'm quite certain it was the cheapest private around at that time of the year. The bathrooms we clean twice a day, and I personally made sure that it's properly clean. We are sorry if the guests don't try to maintain it that way before the next clean but it happens. I'm sorry for our staff, they are trained to be helpful and polite, I don't know why you had a bad experience.