Tullyarvan Mill Hostel Buncrana Reviews

Mill Lane, Buncrana, Inishowen, Donegal, Ireland

I enjoyed everything about my stay except for the lack of ventilation in the room. At night it got too warm, stuffy and smelly even with the window open. It really ruined my 2 nights sleep.

• 17th Oct 2014

Staff were FABULOUS, friendly, helpful, and informative! They gave us a tour of the historical part of the facility which was educational and wonderful, a map with trails marked on it for things to see in and around the town, helped introduce me to the local Garda when I asked questions about them (I work in a local law enforcement agency so was interested in Ireland's equivalent) and even went the extra mile to get a hold of me when I left some of my belongings behind on accident when we left!

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. We always do our best to make our guests feel welcome. We appreciate when someone takes time to acknowledge our efforts. Thanks again!!!

Very nice hostel! Facilities are very professional and clean. Feels like it is funded by government. A bit hard to find, but well worth it. Nice kitchen too. Highly recommended.

• 19th Aug 2014

Does what it says on the tin! Everything a hostel should be.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

This is the second time I have stayed at Buncrana and once again it it was as enjoyable as the first. Great place, fantastic staff, can't fault the hostel in anyway. A big thank you for hosting day 3 of the Quadrathon and the start of day 4......I will be back next year

First time staying in a hostel was pleasantly surprised really nice place to stay had two kids 10 and 8 they thought it was good fun

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great to see your kids enjoyed staying in our hostel. Thank you for your comments. Also that you were pleasantly surprised with you first stay in a hostel.

Spotlessly clean, just a tad out of town so theres a little walk to any facilities, but not a serious problem. Very few people there when I visited so a little lacking in atmosphere. Hard to believe that this great resource could be so underutilized. Grab it while you can.

• 8th Jul 2014

Thank you for taking time to post a review. We appreciate your comments. When walking to town there is a lovely walk through Swan's Park along the Crana River.

I enjoyed every minute of my stay. Thanks.

• 30th Jun 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments, very much appreciated.

Great location and great facilities. Super clean, nice staff. Humongous kitchen. What lacks a bit in homey atmosphere is gained with comfort. Great address!

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Thank you for your kind comments it is very much appreciated.

One word of warning- the place was basically deserted while I was there. It's ok, though because the locals are super friendly and welcoming. If you go, stop by Roddens pub and if Liam or Conor are working the bar, tell them Seth says hi!

• 23rd May 2014