U Hostels Reviews

Calle Sagasta 22, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

A rather conveniently-located hostel - about 10 minutes' walk distance from Bilbao Metro station.

Thank you very much, We are happy you enjoyed our hostel! we are also 5 minutes close to Alonso martinez and tribunal

I loved my stay in U Hostel. The staff was extremely kind and willingful, giving good suggestions of where to go and what to do. The bedroom was clean, and the bathroom also - hot water das not a problem. Also, the activities offered are good - free city tour, pub crawl, tapas night, etc. I would definetly stay there again.

So many thanks for your great review! We appreciate that you like our activities, room cleaning, and staff! We are always happy to help to our guest with indications about good places for eat or visit J Of course we have 24hours hot water we are a luxury hostel J Hope to see you soon ;)

One of nicest hostels I've stayed at. The bathrooms were clean, showers were hot. When I didn't feel like being social I just hung out in the room. When I decided to go out, there was a bar crawl I joined. Cafe Commercial just down the straight was amazing, so I have no idea how the hostel breakfast was. But the location was great. Amazingly close to Fuencarral and great shopping. I would definitely stay here again.

Thank you for your nice words. Its very nice see happy people in our hostel! We loved that you enjoyed our facilities, our super clean showers and great location!!

Everything's are good... But I found water was stolen by the roommate

We are happy that you had a great time but really sorry that your roommate took your water! This never happened before, but we can't control it. At least in Madrid the tap water is really good

Good location and staff. The breakfast could be better. You have to pay for a bigger breakfast, wich is not so good as well. The security is great. Is a very modern hostel.

just had the perfect stay but wish the wifi connection can get through rooms. Because mine could not connect.

Many thanks for your comment! we are glad that you had the perfect stay (even if you didn't gave us a 100 ;) Now our wifi works perfectly in all the rooms, it was a isolated issue of some rooms on that day

This hostel has some of the best facilities of all the hostels we've been in across Europe, room was spacious and there are plenty of showers and toilets, The eating/bar area was a little disappointing as we didn't have the downstairs bar available during the week. The pub crawl they run is good fun and value for money

the "free breakfast" is awful; for a better one, they will charge you $3... bring your own towel or they'll also charge you to rent it

We are a hostel with really cheap prices and also with lot of freebies that you can enjoyed (free wifi, free activities, free movies in our cinema, etc…) in a great and expensive location in Madrid with high quality rooms and beds and extra clean facilities. We would also love to give a full free buffet for breakfast, but in that case, we will need to raise the price or close the hostels as we will lose money. We hope that you can understand Many thanks

The facilities are fantastic. Everything was very clean as well as cool looking. The option for a bigger breakfast was nice but I stuck with the complimentary one. Also the showers and restrooms were very clean. And the location was very good because of how close it was to the metro.

• 19th Jan 2014

We are happy that you like U Hostels!!! Cleaning is our main focus! We hope to see u soon ;)

Very helpful and friendly staff - couldn't do enough for you

Many thanks for your comment, for us is a great pleasure to help our guests

Just came back from a weeklong trip. Really liked the hostel. Pluses: Location close to the metro, cleanliness (Stayed in the 4-room ensuite, but showered in the common bathrooms more often than not), comfortable temperature in the rooms (went in winter, and it was always warm enough), staff was helpful and friendly, lamps by every bed (really helpful when you come in late and your roommates are asleep), in room lockers (bring a lock!), reliable wifi, reasonable laundry fees.

• 18th Jan 2014

We are happy that you like our U Hostels! you just value everything we offer (many thanks!!) We close to 3 metro stops: ALONSO MARTINEZ, BILBAO and TRIBUNAL, we clean showers at least three times a day and we don’t save in heating machine because we want our guest to have the right temp: hot in winter, fresh in summer, also all our staff are very friendly and try their best for make your stay in U Hostels an special positive experience.

The Hostel was impecable. The staff, the common areas, the rooms, the guests, the showers and dressing areas, everything. If I would dream up a hostel this would be it. Don't think it twice go to this hostel.

So many thanks for this AWESOME comment!! We really enjoy working here and giving our guests the best possible Madrid experience!

Stayed here for 6 nights, best hostel I've been to in Europe. Location isn't the best for major attractions but I was looking for a flat and lots of metro stops. The hostel's bar downstairs is so fun on a Saturday. Facilities are all new and VERY clean. Great place if you're going in a big group, working, or have lots of time to explore the city. Sol is accessible by metro (easy metro system) and some things are within walking distance. Met some great people here as well! Highly recommended.

• 17th Jan 2014

I LOVED this hostel!! The staff is absolutely fantastic! I had the pleasure of getting to know of few of them very well and it made my trip:) There is a small bar upstairs in the common area and then one downstairs that's fun later in the night. Everything was very clean and beds were comfy. January wasn't a busy month so most nights were pretty quiet but I'm assuming in the busier months it's even better.

So many thanks for your great review! we are very happy that you had such a fantastic time and you loved our bar, rooms and cleaning! Hope you have a great time Many thanks Best wishes from U Hostels

This hostel was very clean and had everything you could ask for as far as facilities. I did feel that the reception was not as welcoming as other hostels that I stayed on during my travels. The breakfast was included but if you want anything other than toast you have to pay an extra fee. It is located very close to some good restaurants that you can get good and cheap food so it wasn't a huge deal.

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate them very much and next time we will give you an extra warm welcoming! We have also now include a free coffee in our free breakfast so you will be very happy. We are glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere and bars of our great neighborhood Hope to see you back soon

I spent my last night in Europe here and it was well worth it. Big thanks to the hostel staff for making it a great experience; Jessie for the food recommendations and her bar skills, Erica for the tours, tapas nights and enthusiasm, and the others I didn't get the names of, but just being awesome at reception.

Thank you! thank you, thank you! Many thanks for your comment! we really enjoy working at U hostels with great guests like you! is awesome that you had such a great experience!

This was my first stay in a hostel ever and I was more than satisfied with this experience. The showers were very clean which was a big thing. The beds were very spacious and I got wifi everywhere I was. The staff was very very friendly, accommodating and awesome!

• 10th Jan 2014

We are very happy that your first stay in a hostel was a wonderful experience that’s to our staff and our facilities!

U Hostels is a great option to stay in Madrid, well located an helpfull crew. Join the free walking tour and tapa's experience, both were great. Breakfast offer could be better, very limited compared to other hostel free offers.

So many thanks for your comment! we will take note of it! We know that our free breakfast is basic, but for only 3€ you can get a super breakfast that you won't need to eat. Our free breakfast is the max we could offer without increasing the room price :( Hope you could understand

Enjoyed the nice community room/dining room

We are happy that you make new friends in our common areas and that you enjoyed our hostel many thanks

Very beautiful place and very clean! Wasn't worried about security and the people were very nice. Comfy sense of community. The view from our room was great and it is right next to some great sights in Lisbon including a breathtaking viewpoint. Highly recommended!

• 2nd Jan 2014