Udai Haveli Guest House Reviews

40, Gadia Devra, Ganesh Ghati, Udaipur, India

This place has excellent value for money, especially as breakfast is included. However, the staff member we dealt with was not very pleasant, disn't let us order dinner and made us feel like a burden. The location was great, though.

The perfect place to stay in Udaipur! I've been traveling for two months in India, and this was one of the best stays I've had. It's not just because Udaipur is a beautiful place with amazing things to see and do, it's because the host and host-family were so amazing! Viru is the ultimate host/guide, and a true gentleman. He is kind hearted, genuine, and always pointed me in the right direction. The same goes for the family. Very good people. Definitely stay here, you won't regret it:-)

Awesome place. AC room was fantastic, clean, location could not have been better, great family, rooftop access, reasonable price. Would def stay again and recommend! =D

• 2nd Jun 2014

This is much more of a guesthouse than a hostel, which is a huge positive. We arrived very early in the morning after our night train and even though we could not get into our room they were happy to serve us free breakfast. Our room was beautifully traditional with lots of shade and comfy beds. We had booked a shared bathroom room, however I never saw anyone else use it the whole time. The family were so friendly and could not do enough for you the whole time. Definite amazing value for money!!

Breakfast was pretty basic. Staff a friendly and will help to organise day trips. Private rooms are lovely. Hot water. Breezy rooms - survived without AC. A friend stayed a few weeks later and had money stolen from his dorm room - this was dealt with swiftly by management.

A very nice place with a lovely family running it. The house itself is clean and charming, with an amazing view from the roof. I enjoyed my stay there, and definitely recommend it.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Hungary

The guest house is located in a beautiful position, walking distance from the lake and from main attractions. There's a beautiful rooftop unfortunately not really used (at least it looked like when I was there) but you can sit there to read, drink or just watch the amazing views. Hot water always available, clean and they also serve breakfast included in the price. Very recommended, a very valuable option in town and very kind people. Thank you!

a nice place to stay for a long time.you are direklt in the city,just walk 2min.the included breakfast is very good.the rooms are small but still nice.in this hostel,there are a lot of backpackers,so you can find new froends all over the world.the personal in quiete helpful but a little bit more unorganized than the other indian.wifi is in the whole house good.

Rooms were nice ans very good value. But Only one bathroom for too many people. We werent told what time checkout was, only to discover it was 9:30 at 9:15 when none of us had managed to get into the bathroom.

By far the cleanest guesthouse I've stayed at in India thus far along with a lovely staff & family. Nice breakfast included, relaxed vibe, great price for the rooms. Again, it's actually CLEAN! Very good location, central to everything. Really enjoyed my stay here. The wifi is a bit spotty but this seems to be the case everywhere. Thank you Udai Haveli for your kindness! RECOMMENDED.

View all Udaipur Bed and Breakfasts