Udai Haveli Guest House Reviews

40, Gadia Devra, Ganesh Ghati, Udaipur, India

This place has excellent value for money, especially as breakfast is included. However, the staff member we dealt with was not very pleasant, disn't let us order dinner and made us feel like a burden. The location was great, though.

Fantastic. The owner and the staff are all happy to help you and do what they can to make your stay pleasant. The value for money is the best I found during my time in India.

The perfect place to stay in Udaipur! I've been traveling for two months in India, and this was one of the best stays I've had. It's not just because Udaipur is a beautiful place with amazing things to see and do, it's because the host and host-family were so amazing! Viru is the ultimate host/guide, and a true gentleman. He is kind hearted, genuine, and always pointed me in the right direction. The same goes for the family. Very good people. Definitely stay here, you won't regret it:-)

Awesome place. AC room was fantastic, clean, location could not have been better, great family, rooftop access, reasonable price. Would def stay again and recommend! =D

• 2nd Jun 2014

This is much more of a guesthouse than a hostel, which is a huge positive. We arrived very early in the morning after our night train and even though we could not get into our room they were happy to serve us free breakfast. Our room was beautifully traditional with lots of shade and comfy beds. We had booked a shared bathroom room, however I never saw anyone else use it the whole time. The family were so friendly and could not do enough for you the whole time. Definite amazing value for money!!

Breakfast was pretty basic. Staff a friendly and will help to organise day trips. Private rooms are lovely. Hot water. Breezy rooms - survived without AC. A friend stayed a few weeks later and had money stolen from his dorm room - this was dealt with swiftly by management.

A very nice place with a lovely family running it. The house itself is clean and charming, with an amazing view from the roof. I enjoyed my stay there, and definitely recommend it.

• 2nd Apr 2014