Urbany Hostel BCN GO! Reviews

C/Gran Via, 563, Barcelona, Spain

EL staff fue muy amable y el hostal está bien situado. Lo malo es que los baños y la cocina estaban un poco sucios.

Had a group of barely high school kids staying there and they were rowdy and took over the place. the bathroom light was out and i asked 3 different staff to fix it but nothing happened. the desktop computers were also really slow and were quite annoying to get anything done. but overall i enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

Breakfast is sparse.

• 23rd May 2015

We stayed in a 6 bed all girls room and mostly loved it. The actual room is great. You have a lot of privacy with the beds and your own cubby area with an outlet and light. The connected bathroom however, wasn't great. Quite small, the shower always smelled like mildew, and was clogged with water if you stood in it for more than 5 minutes. Breakfast is a rip off for the quality. But the location is perfect, it's easy to meet a lot of good people, and the stay overall was fun.

They want city taxes from us. Why they didn't want when we reserved the hotel? Why they didn't say when we reserved the hotel? It was not good. We paid the city taxes but they didn't give me the bill. How we get our money from my company?

I liked everything about this hostel except for the washrooms. It wasn't clean at all. The toilet paper was kept on the floor, mold in the corners and the showers weren't draining. Other then that the staff were awesome, the bar was cheap, the lockers under the bed were great and wifi was alright.

Good atmosphere, met some great people. Bathrooms were pretty dirty, rarely had hot water. Located super close to the metro, but next time I'll book closer to the beach! Walking distance to sagrada familia. Loved the lockers under the bed, great feature. Fun staff and awesome sangria! The hot tub is neither hot nor very clean, but the terrace was a fun place to hang out.

AMAZING. The guy who checked me in was fantastic. I was upgraded to a six bed room from a sixteen bed. The hostel is brand new and very clean. Awesome facilities. You locked your locker with your keycard and it had a plug in it. Very safe, card to get in, to use the elevator, to get into the hallways, and to get into your room and locker. Every bed had a table, a light, multiple plugs, and a USB port. Very knowledgable and helpful staff. Best hostel I've ever seen - hope to be back again.

Had a great time at urbany in this beautiful, vibrant city. Friendly staff who knew how to have a laugh and seemed genuinely invested in the hostel and its guests. Kitchen was basic but suited backpackers like us very nicely. Only discovered the roof terrace on the last day but enjoyed a few hours out there which was nice. Cheap, cheerful and in a great location, very glad to have chosen Urbany to spend my trip in.

Great staff and very nice atmosphere

• 3rd May 2015

By ALL parameters, this hostel is doing a great job and is doing it with a smile. Such a great experience! I Would definitely recommend anyone who plans to visit Barcelona to stay with you guys.

I booked a 3 bed private room for 1 night for myself and 2 friends. We were met by friendly staff. The room was clean. It was nice after a weekend partying elsewhere to go up onto the roof terrace, dip our tired toes & relax with great views of beautiful Barcelona. There seemed to be a huge mix of people staying there, all ages, families and groups. The beds were comfortable with chargers and lights for each individual bed. There's a charge for towels and for storage lockers if needed.

Friendly and helpful mulitlingual staff and great location on the Gran Via les Corts Catalanes, very accessible to Las Ramblas, and other tourist sites if you are willing to walk 10-15min. However, the Barceloneta beach was quite far and a little hard to get to, so get good directions. Kitchen and computer services (a little slow) were really appreciated. Tourist info counter girl was very nice and helpful.

Urbany BCN Go was incredible. I expected a good place to sleep but nothing else. Instead, I found a place where I wanted to hang out. I came for a few nights orginally. After spending our first night here (Pub Quiz Night--SUCH a good time), we decided to stay longer. Overall, we had excellent service from everyone who worked there-reception was helpful, info point hooked us up with good deals around the city, the activities every night were fun. I felt safe, location was great. If in BCN, come!

• 16th Apr 2015

I loved staying at the urbany hostel! I stayed for one night and loved it. Everyone is so friendly and staff are helpful. The hostel is a great location, close to la ramblas and lots of other things. The terrace is really nice too, better in real life than pictures!!!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Croatia

The kitchen was really gross and nothing was clean. As well, there must have been about 100 12-year olds staying at the hostel for a school trip. It was really weird trying to slam shots of jose when a 12 year old walks by... Otherwise, the rooms were nice and they are cleaned everyday. The keycard protection thing is really intense as well. In a very touristy part of the city (if that's what you like) but if you want a more authentic experience I'd recommend staying somewhere else.

You were great!!!!!

This was my second time staying at the hostel. Very friendly group of people. The 20-person room was nicely divided so that you didn't feel like you were sleeping in a room with 20 people. The hostel itself is closely located to the airport shuttle, which was super convenient for my early morning flight.

This hostel was a lot of money for not a great accommodation. The place was not well cleaned. In our room, there was no soap or toilet paper. Also the lights and shower are on a timer and motion censored and only turn on for about 30 seconds at a time. The room we had was extremely cramped. The shower did not drain therefore the water would overflow and get the entire room wet.

• 3rd Apr 2015