Urbany Hostel BCN GO! Reviews

C/Gran Via, 563, Barcelona, Spain

I did not spent too much time in the hostel so I cannot really say whether the atmosphere was good or not. But, I found the staff VERY VERY helpful. So my experience of the Urbany Hostel was a good one. I would recommend it.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Romania

AMAZING HOSTEL!! Best staff ever, so friendly and helpfull, they always trying to make you feel at home. Rooms are OK, very clean even in the big rooms. Bar is cheap and has a young and funny atmosphere, where you can meet a lot of people. Very secure and well located. Nothing bad to say. I'll be back for sure!

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Chile

Great atmosphere, great people, fun, safe, etc -- except the rooms smell a bit and the showers stink..but it's a hostel what can you do hah

• 21st Sep 2014

Had a brilliant time here! Highly recommend! Staff were lovely especially Alex, Josh & Anthon. Good location, clean, secure, a great place to meet people. Bit apprehensive about staying in a dorm for 20 people but it was fine, very secure, more social & the shower was actually fine. There was a bus each night from the hostel to clubs at the beach which was only 4€, which was fun. Made use of the kitchen & chill out area too. If your staying in Barcelona this is the place to be!

• 20th Sep 2014

Good hostel with great security and in a good location. Unfortunately the rooms were never very clean, with dirt and hair always all over the floor.

Hostel is okay, but far from the best hostels on offer nowadays * Private / double rooms actually just four bed bunk bed dorm, rather than a queen bed * Cleaning staff just take out the trash & not much more. Jacuzzi needed cleaning * Crowd was very young (ie. 18) , the pub atmosphere was okay * Using Wifi requires you to like their page & check in on facebook .. poor reception downstairs * No walking tours, pub crawls -- just one club they take you to a night

Amazing hostel, great atmosphere the staff were great they have activities at the bar every night and take you out to some great clubs for next to nothing. had a great time there would highly recomend

• 13th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel itself was really nice, but the atmosphere wasn't great. This is not a hostel for backpackers. It was full of 30-year-old lads on vacation and high school students on class trips. The facilities are very nice, and there's great locker drawers under each bunk bed.

I found this hostel comfortable to stay in and clean enough. The only real let down were the showers. I've stayed in a few hostels and these are the worst showers I've had. Other that that everything else was great.

The hostel in general is very modern and clean, but in our room the shower was not working properly .. but apart from that everything was fine :)

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Location best

This is one of the greatest hostels I've ever stayed in! It's very secure, as the keycard lets the lift goes only to your floor. The room's door is opened with the keycard too. The locker is amazing, you use your keycard to open it and it has a socket inside, so that you can leave your mobile charging safely. The door has a curtain, which is amazing for your privacy even if you chose a 8 bed dorm. And by the bed, there is another socket, an USB slot to charge ur phone, a table... Fantastic!!! :)

our stay was great overall, and location is perfect. Three things for improvement: - website said that prices include all costs/taxes, however, it turned out that tourist tax 2,5 EUR was not included. Also price of breakfast is higher than the website says (3,5 EUR) - breakfast were OK for two days but then we got bored with such little choice - staff at reception knows the basics only, couldn't advise on communication to nearby attractions/out of town

Everything about this hostel was wonderful. I especially appreciated how secure everything was. In addition to the front door being secure, each floor, room, and locker required a keycard.The hostel was centrally located and was about a 20-minute walk from everywhere we wanted to go. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Barcelona!

My section of the room was disgustingly hot. It was right on the window. I turned the aircon but it did nothing. The other beds were fine, and it was cool in their section. You literally couldn't come back to the room during the day, and it was only bare able after about 9 at night. Gross. Could at least put a fan in that section.,

• 28th Aug 2014

Urbany hostel was nice. we liked it..

• 28th Aug 2014
  • India

Auto-off bathroom light (every 10 secs) and the push-to-use shower drove us insane. Not very clean either. Staff were great and really helpful, awesome atmosphere for young travelers looking to meet others.

Had a really great stay at the hostel, the staff made sure that I was made to feel immediately welcome, and this carried through for the remainder of my stay, whether it was during the day or at night with the fantastically organised activities at nighttime-the tapas was a particular favorite!My room was only ever extremely clean, and the electronically secure lockers meant that unlike other hostels I have been to I didn't have to worry about the safety of my passport etc.Will be returning soon!

The man at the front desk is EXTREMELY SLOW, I REPEAT EXTREMELY SLOW! Took about 45 minutes just to check in (was talking to me in 3 different languages!)

Rooms are very quiet. stayed here for 8 nights at the end of my few months travelling. wifi worked well throughout the hostel except for the chill out area downstairs and rooftop. met some cool people to hang out with since i was alone. only negative thing was that only one stove worked and on that stove only one really worked well. made for a long line at dinner time sometimes to make food.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7