Urbany Hostel BCN GO! Reviews

C/Gran Via, 563, Barcelona, Spain

,everything

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Croatia

This hostel was great! The room was small but clean and functional, and the staff was helpful. There were lots of great guides available at the hostel for both tourist destinations and nightlife. The location was central (very close to a metro station). This is a great find for students or weekend travelers. It was a little more expensive than it initially seemed due to fees like towel rentals, but overall still a very good deal for a safe and pleasant stay in Barcelona!

• 5th Feb 2016

Glass doors for showers in a shared room isn't a great idea

• 28th Jan 2016

Amazing hostel, it was my 5th time in Barcelona and this was the best hostel I've been. Facilities and staff were amazing. I'll definitely stay in this hostel next time I'm in Barcelona.. 11/10

Excellent location, walkable distance to every sight, if you love to walk. But also close to the metro. The staff are nice and are willing to help whenever you request. We got robbed in Barcelona when we were at Sant bus station. Someone poured foundation on my friend's and my coat. The guy pretended to be nice and while we were cleaning our coat, my friend's side bag got cut and stolen. He lost his passport and everything. I called the staff for our passport number and they were very helpful.

Nice hostel close to the metro station and walking distance from plaza catalunya. Security was very nice, loved my secured drawer under the bed. The girls in the dorm however were very loud and I did not sleep much for 3 days so that was exhausting (and yes I do sleep with earplugs). The common areas were nice and also the supermarket is close by. Too bad the tub on the roof was closed cause it is winter? It was 18 degrees so that is summer weather to me! I enjoyed my stay.

The whole atmosphere is like a worn out club, with poor lighting throughout the halls, common space and rooms. I did not like the neon lit hallways, they made it feel vaguely like a brothel. The room/bed was not clean. I found two hairs on my bedding when I first arrived, there were wads of gum in the shower, and the shower curtain meant to provide privacy for my bunk bed was ripped. Positive aspect: there were locks on all doors and storage spaces that were only accessible with a key card.

• 24th Jan 2016

The showers are terrible.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Macedonia
  • Couple, 41+

Great hostel, the rooms were really big and the bathroom was spacious too. I also really liked the curtains on each bed. I will book here again.

Staff are about as helpful as a wet paper bag, the girls at the front desk are pretty but have terrible attitudes. The kitchen is a constant mess and the cleaners cut corners.. The hostel does have a good set up though and good atmosphere, bringing in heaps of groovy characters you'll love to meet.

This place is amazing!! Had an awesome stay, the staff are super friendly and helpful and the location is great! Anyone going to Barcelona should defiantly stay here!

• 21st Jan 2016

Stayed in dorms and they were great with privacy, security etc. The shower rooms were a bit broke down but worked, though. Beds were comfortable (some mattresses squeaked a lot – and some other things in the hostel were broken (the whole place needs a little going over.). The staff really were amazing. Please switch the numbers on the underbed-lockers: the one on the top bunk can’t go down if the other person uses his/her locker.BUT All in all a very likeable hostel, I can’t wait to come back!

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

Rooms were very small, no airflow (windows wouldn't open) and really hot. Staff were nice, Room was cleaned daily. Kitchen was dirty (guests fault). Good location and always events happening in the common areas, which was good. Overall good hostel, but could be improved!

A great hostel. Very clean, comfortable beds with privacy curtains and very secure. It has a great atmosphere and the staff work hard to make people feel welcome. Nightly activities are great, especially movie nights with popcorn. The hot tub was closed during my stay which is a shame as winter is the best time for it. It's very easy to meet people here.

everything is good except for the shower facilities. One night no hot water. Really annoying.

Really good hostel, so friendly! Love the security sistem and staff Great party

There was a guy in the dorm coughing hard every minute for more than a day, keeping people awake. I informed the staff and they said "well this is a hostal" and did nothing... I said yeah, a hostal, not a hospital. Guess what, I got sick with a cough a few days later.

I enjoyed this hostel. Good location and the downstairs bar is a great place to meet people. The facilities were awesome and the privacy curtains on all of the beds was a nice feature.

Room was great! I liked the keycard access system made everything a lot safer and easier. Staff were friendly and accommodating. The views from the rooftop were amazing! Perfect location for all the sights in Barcelona. There's also a metro stop a few minutes away. The bar area was cool, cheap drinks and a great atmosphere! There were events every night... Karaoke was fun!! Thank you to all the staff at Urbany!

• 15th Jan 2016

Clean, safe and the best location in Barcelona everything was close by. The staff were awesome! They gave me all the info that I needed and great advice on where to eat. Everyone was friendly I had an amazing time. There were activities every night so there was always something going on, it was easy to make new friends. I loved the movie night with free popcorn!

• 15th Jan 2016