Urbany Hostel BCN GO! Reviews

C/Gran Via, 563, Barcelona, Spain

Excellent location, one of the best options to enjoy Barcelona!!

Wow!!!! What a place! Everybody was so kind and polite: the guys at the reception, breakfast, cleaning and maintenence. And, of course, the security dude! Great breakfast for just 3,5€, free wifi, computers, TV room, kitchen, bar and free clubs at night. You have an individual table, USB, light and plug in your bed!!! I'm def. comming back

I found a nice place with nice people. For the money I payed I've had a five star hostel. Good breakfast and real helpful staff. Made some friends there and had a good stay. Thanks all.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Romania

I had a really good stay there ! It's clean, nearby the city centre, not even 10 minutes from las ramblas. They organise activities every night and take to clubs for free !! Cool staff !

Excellent hostel, excellent staff, excellent location. 100/100

• 8th Dec 2014

The rooms are very small. There isn't a place where you can hang something, put your phone or clothes other than a drawer where you put the backpack. Using a magnetic card for doors and lift and drawers makes it feel safer.

Hostel was perfect for what I wanted-- a bed with some privacy and security. Really liked the 'privacy curtain' and having my own outlets. Good, central location. Staff was ok. Did not like the bathroom-- first, the light was motion-activated with no apparent switch to turn it off, so if someone went to pee in the middle of the night the light would stay on for 5 min after they left. Also, the door was a 'misted' glass, so the light got through very well and you could see people's silhouettes.

Great security system! Staff was very kind and helpful! Food was very good and affordable! I recommended this one to friends and family already!

Decent location. Staff were ok but unhelpful when our rooms aircon wouldn't work.No atmosphere...even though it was winter the bar could've been alright but music was quiet and the area didn't make you want to stay there. Kitchen is tiny and barely usable. Pool table on an angle so all the balls roll to one side. Overall, the only thing I regretted about travelling to Barcelona was the hostel we chose.

• 28th Nov 2014

No doubt one of the best hostels in Europe. Everything was brand new, the room was super clean and fully equipped with lockers, plugs, UBS plugs and reading lights in each bed. The common area was really good to meet people and the hostel is really clean. The staff is helpful and they gave me tips about the city. Thanks Esteban, Andrea, Anton, Julia etc

So disappointed with our stay here and will never stay at this place again. Although it was cheap--you get what you pay for and I don't want any part of this. Our room was filthy and even had blood stains and various others on my mattress (I had to swap it out) the floors were filthy with dust and hair everywhere. I didn't even feel comfortable putting my body under the sheets. The staff was rude and seemed annoyed with our questions and giving us our correct cash deposit when we checked out.

highly recommended, will use again

Not as much of a party hostel as hoped but close enough to bars and pubs for it to work out ok. Food was poor but the facilities were great, rooms were clean and staff were very helpful.

• 13th Nov 2014

Really good place to stay. IT HAS A BIT OF EVERYTHING

• 13th Nov 2014

This hostel was a very good choice. A ten minute walk to La Rambla and twenty minute walk to the cathedral. I stayed in a 20 person bed and other than the smell of the people had no complaints. Because I was on a bottom bunk it had a curtain, making the bed secure and cozy. The lockers were also a great addition as they were safe and easy to use with just your key. The hostel also offered trips to night clubs for a small fee which was very handy when it came to Barcelona clubs.

This hostel was perfectly located from the moment we got off public transportation to getting back to the airport on our last day. My suggestion is to take either the bus or the train to the hostel. For me the bus seemed more clear and direct if you're going and it is your first time there, because it runs right along grand vie and literally drops you off about 2 blocks straight away. The desk managers were awesome and helpful from the beginning. Letting us know what the hostel itself had to off

• 6th Nov 2014
  • anward123

Good price, comfortable beds, curtains to not be disturbed... We didn't like the long queue at the desk, and we were surprised by the window of the shower facing another building, with transparent glass and no curtain. It's disturbing (except if you are exhibitionist).

Había algunas puertas rotas, a una de los baños se le caia el pomo y quizá sería buena idea poner algun cartel de silencio en las habitaciones compartidas grandes Any doors was broken, a little bit noisy

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Spain

Great Place High tech to secure your luggage A+++ Very friendly staff!!

Thank you so much!! We really appreciate your comments and hope to see you back in the hostel. Best regards, Urbany staff.

Best thing ever was the curtains in the big rooms, I had complete privacy which I really liked. Good atmosphere very easy to meet people. Decent deal of 3.50 for breakfast. Staff was fine although I had a guest come over to the bar and no one told me they have to leave ID so they came over and were really rude and forceful to my guest which was a bit annoying. Decent location, I never used the metro just walked everywhere.

We would like to thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We apologize for the incident you faced with your friend, but in those cases we need to be very careful and strict to avoid that any person who is not a guest of the hostel come in to the building with not good intentions, safety and security are a priority for us. Best regards and we hope to see you back(also your friend ;) Urbany team.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7