Urbany Hostel BCN GO! Reviews

C/Gran Via, 563, Barcelona, Spain

The hostel was fine but a little bit disappointing. The room was noisy and air con didn't work properly. The en-suite was separated with frosted glass and left you feeling a bit exposed. Would be nice to have a curtain on the bunk for privacy. The lighting was terrible for getting ready! But overall it was fine and good value. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 16th Jul 2015

Quick stay but all was good!

The free walking tours from here were really good. The kitchen was really small and its facilities were lacking but the wifi and aircon in the rooms worked really well

Awesome rooftop spa & small terrace & that's about where it ends for this hostel. Rooms very dirty. The last time someone had signed the cleaning sheet in our room was 3 days ago. Have to make your own beds with the linen provided - very difficult on the top bunk. Fluorescent lights through the hallways make you feel like you're in a club 24/7. Staff friendly at reception. Maps good. Didn't eat or drink here. Location good - close to La Rambla St and two min walk from the Universitat station!

Loved the hostel, the lockers under the beds were excellent, good location, great atmosphere. Stay here if you want a good hostel! Two things that could be improved, on our last night we had a very old unhygienic guy put in our room, so I think that the hostel should try avoiding putting a 60+ year old with two 21 year olds. And the other thing is a floor mat could be provided so water isn't walked around the room after showers! But other thAn those two things, this place is perfect!!

Was a little disappointed with my stay at Urbany Hostel BCN GO. The dorms were a little tight - even for a four person - & I found the rest of the hostel (kitchen, bar, computer area etc) to always be dirty. Some of the staff were alright but some I found to be unapproachable. Also, the activities that were listed on the board planned for each night of the week were never followed through. On the upside, met some cool people that were staying there & the deal on the clubs each night worked well

The rooms are a bit small but the under bed lockers and balcony were great. Our bathroom door could not open very easily and we often found ourselves stuck inside there. The location was good as we could walk to all attractions and it's right next to a metro. The roof top terrace should be open later as it is a nice space to socialize. Overall a good stay here in Barcelona!

This hostel was not what I expected! During my stay a group of school students were there, which really killed the entire vibe of the hostel. Bar opened @ 7pm for this reason! So less atmosphere.. Paying 4 euro for breakfast that is suppose to go until 11 actually only went until 9:30 because everything had ran out (eggs bacon). I made one meal down stairs but the kitchen was disgustingly dirty and no toaster. Fail! I love toast. Poor facilities in kitchen. auto lights in room super annoying!

The staff were so helpful, and they also help to create a fun and outgoing atmosphere. Perfect location tops everything off.

Second time in Barcelona and loved the hostel. Staff were very helpful and it felt safe and secure. We had a private room overlooking the golf nets and it was a good view as well.

• 4th Jul 2015

Hostel was a great place to stay with a amazing party atmosphere. Only down side was on my last night staying there in a 6 bed all female dorm one of the girls brought a guy back and they were getting at it on one of the top bunks which we all knew was going on and thought it was inappropriate as it was in an all girls dorm. I don't know although to be honest they shouldn't have to if the hostel could put a set of rules up in the 6 bed all girl dorms to try discourage this from happening again

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Wales

Great atmosphere for people wanting to experience the nightlife but if you are looking for buddies to explore the city it may be harder to find them here. I went down to the kitchen of the day I arrived and it was disgusting. I think the concept of cleaning up after yourself was forgotten long ago. There were piles of dirty dishes and the sink was full of dirt water.

I went two years prior and it was great. I didn't listen the recent reviews. The room I was in was a 6 bed and tiny to the point we couldn't socialise With anyone in the dorm and to the point of claustrophobic. If you want to sleep Do not go here every time you move in the bed it squeaks to the point everyone wakes Up. I wouldn't recommend this place for unless they start sorting the a few things out.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Wonderful people, beautiful clean dorms with large locker drawers, multiple showers per room and a trendy decoration scheme. The staff are spectacular. The location is also amazing, just a 10 minute walk from Plaza de Espanya. This hostel had the best atmosphere I've experienced. There's a party every night downstairs and a more chilled hangout at ground level. After this, a party bus for 4 Euros takes you all to a club with free entry. Best hostel I've stayed at yet.

The rooms are totally clean, they have locker for each bed which is good to put our luggage!! Well located in Barcelona.

There are not enough bathrooms, as there was only 2 showers and 1 toilet for a room of 10 girls. However, for the rest, everything was good: the bed, locker, lights, plenty of electric plugs. I've had better breakfast but still, it was okay. The staff is great, and the accommodation like the kitchen and terrace, even though i haven't used them seemed pretty nice. It is very well located and easy access from the airport and in the middle of the main attraction. Don't hesitate to go there.

This hostel is the best I've ever went to! The staff is really nice, polite and will help you if you have any problem! The atmosphere was great! When I was there there was a party on the terrasse and many young people from the hostel joined and it was a big party which ended with everyone playing beer pong in the basement, and those who wanted to could go to a club in a bus managed by the hostel. The location is great, we almost never took the metro, and went everywhere by walk!

• 29th Jun 2015

The hostel was one of the more modern ones. It would be nice to have had some better instructions on how to find it as I got lost. They overcharged for breakfast €3.50, I bought my own, two stores down for €1.50. And they charged €2 for a towel so it adds up. My bed reading light was broken (310.10) just so they know. And the water pressure was a bit low. Personally I didn't like the large 16 person dorm bc they were a bit rude and showered and turned lights on at two AM.

Loved staying here! Staff was helpful, safe lockers under all beds, great vibe. Breakfast could be better, but not bad for 3€. Would definitely stay here again.

Nice hostel with really great staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4