Urbany Hostel BCN GO! Reviews

C/Gran Via, 563, Barcelona, Spain

The hostel in general is very modern and clean, but in our room the shower was not working properly .. but apart from that everything was fine :)

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Location best

our stay was great overall, and location is perfect. Three things for improvement: - website said that prices include all costs/taxes, however, it turned out that tourist tax 2,5 EUR was not included. Also price of breakfast is higher than the website says (3,5 EUR) - breakfast were OK for two days but then we got bored with such little choice - staff at reception knows the basics only, couldn't advise on communication to nearby attractions/out of town

Everything about this hostel was wonderful. I especially appreciated how secure everything was. In addition to the front door being secure, each floor, room, and locker required a keycard.The hostel was centrally located and was about a 20-minute walk from everywhere we wanted to go. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Barcelona!

My section of the room was disgustingly hot. It was right on the window. I turned the aircon but it did nothing. The other beds were fine, and it was cool in their section. You literally couldn't come back to the room during the day, and it was only bare able after about 9 at night. Gross. Could at least put a fan in that section.,

• 28th Aug 2014

Urbany hostel was nice. we liked it..

• 28th Aug 2014
  • India

Auto-off bathroom light (every 10 secs) and the push-to-use shower drove us insane. Not very clean either. Staff were great and really helpful, awesome atmosphere for young travelers looking to meet others.

Had a really great stay at the hostel, the staff made sure that I was made to feel immediately welcome, and this carried through for the remainder of my stay, whether it was during the day or at night with the fantastically organised activities at nighttime-the tapas was a particular favorite!My room was only ever extremely clean, and the electronically secure lockers meant that unlike other hostels I have been to I didn't have to worry about the safety of my passport etc.Will be returning soon!

The man at the front desk is EXTREMELY SLOW, I REPEAT EXTREMELY SLOW! Took about 45 minutes just to check in (was talking to me in 3 different languages!)

Rooms are very quiet. stayed here for 8 nights at the end of my few months travelling. wifi worked well throughout the hostel except for the chill out area downstairs and rooftop. met some cool people to hang out with since i was alone. only negative thing was that only one stove worked and on that stove only one really worked well. made for a long line at dinner time sometimes to make food.

Great hostel with a fabulous atmosphere! Clearly meant for young traveler's - lobby always packed with people, drinks, and food! Dorms were clean with average bathroom facilities. A little out of the way - a few blocks from the metro - but safe feel and great staff - very friendly! Would come again!

• 20th Aug 2014

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, shower and toilet area in room could be improved though.

• 19th Aug 2014

Everthing was solved. From food to party.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Great p Ace to stay in barca

• 17th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 25-30

As a traveller who has been to many hostels, this is definitely one of the best, there are so many friendly people here so it's so easy to make friends especially if you are traveling by your self, the roof really makes the place special, as there are tapas parties there every few days, also the bar is great, it was very easy to check in, and all the staff were really cool. This is a great hostel for young people who like to party, I do not recommend for families as it might get too noisy!

• 13th Aug 2014

First I stayed at the other Urbany and then I moved to this one. So, if you are young and wanna have the best time ever, this is the place. I made friends from all over the world. The staff was super friendly and gave me tips about what to do in Bcn. They take you everynight to Barcelona clubs for only 4€ and also organise a lot of events at the hostel (traditional food, drinking games, karaoke). I also liked a lot the location of the hostel,close to the center where all the fun is!! Hehe. 10/10

Hi! Our holiday in Barcelona went great and your hostel was good, but there is a few things you should pay attention to. Our toilet lock was broken (room 313), and one of our showers was bit powerless. But otherwise everything went great.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Great hostel - very high-tech and a great atmosphere! The bar was great and drinks were very cheap, the terrace with the pool was awesome and everyone was really friendly. I stayed in the female 10 bed hostel which was quite small although it made good use of the space. The only downsides: 1. the ensuite had a glass door which is kind of transparent and not at all soundproof - might be weird if staying in a mixed dorm 2. the kitchen facilities were really bad - 2 hotplates and no oven.

The bathroom sink was flooded the whole time. It was really hard to meet people unless you where flushing money

The hostel is nice, beds are good and it's on a nice location but it's not very cheap and everything you do makes you pay extra (laundry, breakfast, even printing). Also the hallways have strange green lights making you feel like you go to a drug place ;-). It wasn't really my atmosphere but it's a safe option.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7