Urbany Hostel BCN GO! Reviews

C/Gran Via, 563, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Urbany Hostel BCN GO was an absolutely wonderful place to stay during my time in Barcelona. From the minute I walked in the door, I felt at home. The staff is very friendly and more than happy to help with anything I needed. The atmosphere is the best part! At night, there is karaoke, drinking games, trivia, and free access to a lot of big clubs in the city. As for location, the hostel is located near so many good restaurants, including tapas and pintxos. I highly recommend Urbany BCN GO to all!

• 10th Apr 2014

really impressed by this hostel, value for money is ridiculous, it's right in the centre, you have access to everything and the rooms are so clean and well kept its insane. had loadsa fun chilling at the bar with all the staff, the vibe was just right! i'd easily recommend this to anyone!

Urbany BCN GO was great. The people at reception made me feel at home almost immediately. They gave me lots of info about the hostel and the city. The hostel is pretty Hi-Tech with the electronic key cards and free wifi everywhere in the hostel. The rooftop terrace is great to just chill. The bar and entertainment staff was really fun and got us free entry into clubs every night. I would highly reccommend to anyone looking for a fantastic experience at a cheap cost.

• 4th Apr 2014

I think this hostel is really perfect. This hostel is cheaper than other hostels, and very easy to find from the airport. Once you take off second airport bus stop, you will find this hostel very easily. Plaza de cataluna is very close to this hostel. And in the room, there is your own lamp, 2outlets, table. It was really comfortable. You can use wifi in the room too. Everything is reallly perfect.

I had an amazing time at the Urbany Hostel!The atmosphere is great,and most of all,the stuff is really friendly and makes you feel at home immediately!When I asked them for things to around the city,the were very helpful and recommended me some pretty cool stuff!The room was nice and clean,and I got to meet great people there and spend an amazing night,making the best out of the city's nightlife!Location is a plus,since the hostel is situated in the heart of the city!I absolutely recommend it :)

Very good location, nice and clean rooms, showers in the rooms were pretty poor, friday night was pretty noisy around 12-3

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Finland

This is my favourite hostel I’ve stayed in so far. The place is very modern and has a good vibe. The room is great - comfy beds, individual laptop plugs, lockers under the bed, so you don't have to worry about safety. The staff was very helpful and friendly - the info point helped me to plan my day and book tickets, and at night the staff had activities at the bar, and also took us out to the club which was free with the hostel card. Thank you Urbany Hostel, I would definitely stay here again!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Lithuania

Charming place, excellent location, lovely staff always ready to help(great info point)fun pubcrawl, and easy to meet other people.

• 26th Mar 2014

I stayed in the 20 person room which was great in comparison to other hostels I have stayed in. The room was comfortable enough to get a good nights sleep even with sharing with 19 other people. The outlets stopped working overnight the last night we were there in the room.. the power/lights actually wouldn't turn on anywhere for the last night/morning... hopefully that was fixed but overall I had a great stay there!

It's a nice hostel but the room we were was absolutely not acoustically isolated... sometimes you have the feeling to sleep directly outside as it is very noisy. Btw, when you book a twin room, it is in fact a dormatory with 4 beds that they book just for you ...

• 16th Mar 2014

I really enjoyed this hostel, people in the rooms were respectful and quiet throughout the day. The rooftop hot tub was closed while we were there, but the rooftop itself was a nice place to relax. The basement area was cool for pre-gaming at night. The location was good, a little far from the beach but not an impossible walk at all. For how many people they had in the hostel, they kept everything pretty clean. Sleeping by the door was a little annoying because of the doors and shower noises.

Large and well run hostel in an excellent location. It can get a bit over-un by groups. Pleasant bar area and kitchen. I stayed in the 20 room dorm. Curtains provided more privacy than normal. It would have been a good idea to provide cleaning utensils in the shower rooms as it was understandably difficult to keep these areas spick and span between cleaning. I would definitily stay here again. Recommended.

Very nice and helpfull staff, good breakfast

So dirty, the bed covers are not changed. Sheets have hairs on them. The bathrooms are disgusting. Awful. When I asked for help from the staff he told me to come down in an hour. Then need more people working there. Terrible.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Location is phenomenal, its very close to fantastic restaurants, cultural places, and stations for transport. 15 min walk to everywhere with bars and clubs for a crazy night life. The staff were unbelievably welcoming, obviously loved their job, and did it very well. Gave advice on what to do and see and also created the friendliest hostel environment with group outings and hostel dinners.

• 18th Feb 2014

Urbany is an awesome place to stay. Clean, new, amazing atmosphere and super location. Staff helpful, super friendly, and always willing to point out the best tips, also plenty of opportunities for experiencing the nightlife (there was something organised by the staff every day)

• 18th Feb 2014

Excelent hostel, super secure with such a great atmosphere for partying. The only problem was some of the food the sell was really bad. Apart from that, everything was perfect!

This hostel is well located, clean, with nice common room to chill out. Average I would say the value for money is very good. Then it is also very cheap so don't expect to get an amazing service and a great place to rest, especially in a 20 persons dorm. Still I would go there again.

Thank you very much for your review, we consider it an important tool, to always try to improve our services. Kindly i would like you to send us an email to this address: customerservice@urbanyhostels.com telling us what exactly you didn't like about our service, so we can try to make it better, we hope to see you soon in Barcelona!

Everything was really good. We were expecting to stay in the 20 bed dorm.. and got upgraded to a 6 bed dorm. Amazing staff. Good kitchen facilities. Will stay here again for sure when we come back to Barcelona!

Was a good place to stay, within walking distance to all the main sites within the city with a subway stop nearby for Parc Guell or Sagrada familia etc. we booked a twin private and got a 4 bed bunk with two empty beds which was annoying and not what we paid for. No free breakfast like in other hostels, and breakfast isn't great/not a big selection, better getting something in a cafe nearby for cheaper. but apart from that, it was sufficient for what we needed for a quick sightseeing trip!

• 4th Feb 2014