Urbany Hostel BCN GO! Reviews

C/Gran Via, 563, Barcelona, Spain

The kitchen was really gross and nothing was clean. As well, there must have been about 100 12-year olds staying at the hostel for a school trip. It was really weird trying to slam shots of jose when a 12 year old walks by... Otherwise, the rooms were nice and they are cleaned everyday. The keycard protection thing is really intense as well. In a very touristy part of the city (if that's what you like) but if you want a more authentic experience I'd recommend staying somewhere else.

This was my second time staying at the hostel. Very friendly group of people. The 20-person room was nicely divided so that you didn't feel like you were sleeping in a room with 20 people. The hostel itself is closely located to the airport shuttle, which was super convenient for my early morning flight.

This hostel was a lot of money for not a great accommodation. The place was not well cleaned. In our room, there was no soap or toilet paper. Also the lights and shower are on a timer and motion censored and only turn on for about 30 seconds at a time. The room we had was extremely cramped. The shower did not drain therefore the water would overflow and get the entire room wet.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Staffs are so kind

Great stay, very cleanly and welcoming! The only thing is breakfast is advertised as free and a hot tub and there actually isn't.

• 26th Mar 2015

This is my second stay here; it's a decent hostel. For me, the best part is the location-- it's in the middle of things & if you need to get to the airport at 5 AM (like me) then the night bus stop is right there. Also, the beds are nice (curtains+outlets+lamp... plus the wifi reaches the rooms). However, the place doesn't have a great atmosphere.... the lighting and decorations strain your eyes and the staff, while not abrasive, are not welcoming or particularly friendly.

Hola! Thanks for staying at Urbany, we are always happy to have returning customers. We are sorry to hear about the staff. Urbany works help to create a welcoming atmosphere for a guests, and we are sorry to hear you did not experience this. Hopefully you enjoyed your stay in Barcelona, and you'd come back once again. Kindest regards, the Urbany Team.

About the breakfast, I think it could have more options like egg and lechuga etc. And in the bathroom (for dorm), I cannot find the mark indicated which way is hot water or which is cold water, so sometimes I wait for so long for hot water but it turned out the cold water.. I think except these points, others are nice.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

Hola! Thanks for staying at Urbany. About the showers, we are working to improve our systems, and we apologize in the meantime for the inconvenience. Thanks for your review as it helps improve our services. We hope you had an amazing time in Barcelona. Come and visit soon, all the best, the Urbany Team.

Urbany BCN GO! Hostel was an incredible place to stay in Barcelona. The staff created a very welcoming atmosphere with activities planned each night - and with the amount of travelers staying at the hostel any given night you were sure to have a good time. The hostel offers free entry to some of the best clubs in Barcelona and is situated very close to the main Rambla and all the night life. All in all this hostel was amazing and one I will certainly be coming back to.

• 11th Mar 2015

Hola! Thanks for staying at Urbany. We are very happy to hear you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. Urbany works to create a welcoming and friendly international atmosphere with activities aimed at our target audience each day, and we are always happy and guests enjoy this activities. We hope the rest of your stay in Barcelona was just as incredible, come back and visit us soon! Kindest regards, the Urbany Team.

for starters, upon arrival our room was a MESS, which forced us to move rooms right away. When we entered the second room it was EXTREMELY SMALL (not enough room for four bags)... The lights were sensored so when you lay in bed at night the slightest motion will set them off. Do not come here without dry shampoo because the shower turns off and on EVERY 30 SECONDS with very low water pressure..... great location. but thats about it. better off elsewhere!

• 6th Mar 2015

Hola! We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you faced during your stay with us. Thanks for your review as it helps us improve our services. Hopefully your stay in Barcelona was wonderful. Wishing you all the best, the Urbany Team.

The feeling in the hostel was really cool and relaxed! The terrace and the downstairs area are both awesome places to hang out and meet people from all over the world. The facilities are good and the staff are super friendly and involved and helpful! I met heaps of awesome people and had an awesome time here and will definitely be coming back to stay next time I'm in Barcelona!

• 5th Mar 2015

nice and modern but for me overpriced. a bit small lobby for such amount of people.

Hola! Thanks for staying at Urbany. Urbany works hard to give our guests comfortable accommodation at the most affordable prices, and we are sorry to hear this wasn't the case with you. We hope your stay in Barcelona was great, and you'd come back soon. Kind regards, the Urbany Team.

I had a wonderful stay here! The staff was great, especially Querube and Emma who were friendly and welcoming :) My only complaints are the neon lights in the hallways and the push sinks that waste water at times. I would definitely come back in the future!

Hola! Thanks for staying with Urbany. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and the staff were friendly and welcome. Thanks for your review as it helps improve our services. We hope your stay in Barcelona was wonderful. Yes do come back and visit soon! All the best, the Urbany Team.

ToIlets and showers in rooms and don't seem to be cleaned often beds not very private and no one seems to have respect for the place or others staff included

Hola! Thanks for staying at Urbany. We apologies for the inconvenience you felt during your stay. Thanks for your reviews as it helps improve our services. We hope the rest of your stay in Barcelona was amazing. Kindest regards, the Urbany Team.

We had a very nice stay in this hostel with a very good location!

Hola! Thanks for choosing to stay at Urbany Hostels. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back in Barcelona soon! Best regards, the Urbany Team.

Hostel is very well located and very clean however I would not recommend it for solo travellers.

Great hostel. Everything you expect plus more and all at a bargain rate. Beds curtained off, with separate power sockets. Bar down stairs. Activities run by the hostel. Only downside is you have to like them on facebook for wifi which not all people are in favour of, but the wifi is excellent once connected

Hola! Here at Urbany Hostels, we are always happy when we receive reviews from happy customers like yourself. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, and for staying at our hostel. We hope you had a wonderful time here in Barcelona. Come back soon! Kind Regards, the Urbany Team.

Not bad except they had a receptionist working on the bar that didnt know how to make drinks or pour beer.

Great location and ticked all the boxes. Facilities was great; liked the bed side light and charger port as well as the underbed locker.

• 5th Feb 2015

Hola! Thank you for staying at Urbany. We are happy to hear you liked your stay with us. Hopefully your time in Barcelona was as pleasant. All the best, the Urbany Team.

Excellent location, clean rooms, friendly staff and nightly activities.. Security is good, I didn't use the kitchen but it looked okay. The beds had a curtain and a private desk, lamp and two sockets.. Overall a great place to stay, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there :)

Hola! Thank you very much for your review, and for staying at Urbany. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you back soon. Best regards, the Urbany Team.

Horrible shower. It's too hot or too cold. You have to pay for towels.

• 29th Jan 2015

Hola! We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfying experience with the showers. We are working on fixing and improving the water temperature, and apologize for the inconvenience. All extra changes are clearly mentioned during the booking process. Thank you for your review, as it helps us improve our service. We hope you enjoyed Barcelona. Kind regards, the Urbany Team.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4