Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

Even though it said that there's breakfast included it isn't. There's also no Sauna, gym and that kind of thing. You actually only pay for a bed in a tiny room that's not even cleaned. We wanted to take the party shuttle that's supposed to be there every night but it didn't run at that night, which we only found out when we asked. Nobody told us even though we signed up for it. The staff was really unfriendly, too. Also, it wasn't easy to get to know people because most of the guestswere classes

Our room, 1001, was absolutely digusting. We got there and it smelled like mold. the restroom had mold in every corner. The tiny bathroom smelled like it had not been cleaned regularly by the staff. Also this hostel needs to change their shower knobs. The air conditioning was not working when we got there. The staff was notified but timeliness was not good. Our key card kept getting deactivated, and we could not access the laundry facility multiple times.

The hostel was very modern and felt very safe. The biggest thing was that I felt like I was living in a dorm. The eating area/hang out are set up like a cafeteria. It isn't very homey. But besides that it is a great hostel. Not in walking distance of the historic areas of barcelona but near a metro and other shops/restaurants.

They want city taxes from us. Why they didn't want when we reserved the hotel? Why they didn't say when we reserved the hotel? It was not good. We paid the city taxes but they didn't give me the bill. How we get our money from my company?

I have 6 months of backpacking experience. This hostel was not the worst hostel but it wasn't the best. You pay extra for sheets and luggage storage facilities which cheaper hostels would often give as a free service. The kitchen was ok-smelt like wet towels often and not that clean. Shower-temperamental between hot and cold. The location was ok- i used a metro often to get around. Kids in large groups stay there too which make common areas crowded. not really value for money. OK overall.

Some employees seemed to be a little confused on how to do things and what information to pass on. We were told the private room already sheets that we didn't have to rent any and at check out the employee there kept asking about our sheets with a weird face and we realized what was on our bed were not sheets. Being our first time there it didn't occur to us that those weren't sheets just mattress covers. So disgusted by that after.

The bathrooms were not very good. It was clean but there was no drain passage for water outside the shower area. A drain is necessary outside the shower area because whenever we have a shower or wash our face in basin, water get split on the floor, making it looking dirty.

Facilities are excellent, but the hostel is too large and it does not have spirit. Staff is not very nice and some of them even do not speak spanish. They are obsessive with the check out time, we left one hour later and we lost our deposit (10€ per person) and the staff was really rude with us. Don't go to this hostel if you want to enjoy Barcelona.

Staff are beyond great. Super helpful and super fun. Cheap rooms in a new building a medium walk or short metro trip to the beach. Would recommend.

Great atmosphere and great staff. Also using the room keys for cheap club tickets made mine and my friends holiday.

• 8th May 2015

This is my second stay at this place, I love the female dorms which are really well equipped and the position is absolutely fine for my personal needs. I found out they improved breakfast a little bit . Probably due to low season I was alone in the room which I really appreciate but unfortunately room was not so well cleaned (paper below the bunk bed)

The staff is great but the cleanliness could be stepped up.

• 5th May 2015

Brilliant bar and atmosphere, will definitley be staying again! great value for money!

• 2nd May 2015

For the price, this hostel isn´t bad if you are looking bed, but if you are hoping to meet people and party in Barcelona...then I would not recommend this hostel. Its a bit far from a lot of clubs, although the metro isn´t far away. There was also a student group and some families at this hostel...not what I pictured from a party hostel. On the plus side, hostel was clean and the staff was generally helpful.

I didn't like the hostel, it's not worth the money paid, it's far from everything including the beach (30 minutes walking) its ranking "one of the best hostel to party", that's a lie, wouldn't recommend it!!!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

The only negative point is that they charge you for a lot of things

Good location by the Clot station. I found the staff a little less than eager to help, but the dorms and bathrooms were nice. Great value for the money.

a very good large hostel. Everything was very clean, organized, and well run. Breakfast was great, the rooms nice, and the lockers were very convenient. It was easy to meet people in the common areas and the bar/terrace was enjoyable. A couple minor annoying things: People I talked to I had problems getting the wifi to work and even once working (on laptops, phone, or the computers there) we were unable to upload pictures. Also, the showers make you hit a button to get water every 20ish seconds

The facilities were good but I had problems with the shower and heating. The common areas are good and the staff friendly.

• 2nd Apr 2015

amazing hostel for us, really really covinient traffic. 像大学宿舍一样,豪华卫浴,离巴塞罗那大根超级近,交通特别特别方便。目前入住的最好的青旅。20欧一晚

« first « Prev 1 2 3