Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

A little far from Catalunya. Rest is all good. Good option especially for backpackers.

Excellent place to put up in Barcelona.

I don't like the idea that the towel free and luggage deposit is not free. But it's ok. Deposit for accomodation is 10 euros person, you need to prepare cash!

• 4th Mar 2015
  • China

Urbany is one of the fanciest hostels I've ever seen! Definitely a great value for your money. It was one of the cheapest highly-rated hostels in Barcelona for when I was visiting, but still so swanky! Plus, the view from my room was incredible. It wasn't quite as centrally located as some other reviews say, but it was close enough to some city sights and it certainly wasn't far from the city center.

Overall, happy with our stay. Very clean and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I was staying in Barcelona when it was the low season so the price for the hostel was really cheap. The location of the hostel is really good, the area is not the most turistic one so its really safe. The metro and bus stop is near the hostel and its was easy to move around. When I arrived the hostel the staff was welcoming and funny .The hostel has good facilities, there is a proper kitchen and commmon areas where I met the other travellers and workers. Athmosphere was really chilled.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Hola! Thank you for staying with us, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and had a wonderful time in Barcelona. A ‘chilled’ atmosphere is one of the experiences Urbany Hostels works to create, and we are happy you were able to experience this. Hope to see you back soon! Best regards from the Urbany Staff.

I stayed here one weekend and it was great, the location is only about a block from clot station which makes it really easy to get everywhere in the city. Definitely buy the unlimited bus pass because you're not really super close to anything big. Overall it was a good stay though!

• 5th Feb 2015

Hola! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, the T-10 metro ticket is highly recommended, and can be used for the bus as well. Nevertheless, the hostel is surrounded by touristic places such as Sagrada Familia, Agbar building, National theater, Encants market, etc. Hopefully your stay in Barcelona was amazing. We hope to see you back in the hostel soon. All the best, the Urbany Staff.

A really good hostel for your money. Had only one problem, our room was so cold, despite the fact that we asked the staff many times to increase it. Otherwise everything was perfect!

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Hungary

Hola! Urbany Hostels works to make sure quests get’s their money’s worth, and we are please to hear you found your stay with us worthy! We are sorry about the temperature in your room, and are working towards making our systems better. We hope your stay in the city was as worthy. Come back soon. All the best, the Urbany Staff.

I stayed in a 4-bed female dorm with a view to the Agbar Tower. (+) Metro station Clot 3 min away (+) 15 min walk to Sagrada Família (+) Clean bathroom with hot shower (+) Helpful/welcoming staff ---- (-) Bed and pillow looked kind of dusty (-) Windows in the rooms don't open (you have to ask at the front desk for the cleaning staff to open it while they clean the room) (-) If you want to leave your luggage at the hostel after check-out you have to pay to put it in a locker

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Portugal

Hola! Thank you for staying with us. Due to the heights and issues from the past, we are very strict about our safety policy and take precautions to make sure our quests are safe. We apologize for the inconvenience. Also, all extra fees are clearly mentioned during the booking process. Thank you for your review, as it helps us to improve our services. We hope you enjoyed your time in Barcelona. Come back soon. Kind regards, the Urbany Staff.

My group were most satisfied with this hostel location, facilities and price wise during our trip in Spain

Hola! We are happy to hear you and your group enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed the city of Barcelona as well, and hope to see you back at Urbany soon! Best regards, the Urbany Staff.

Maybe the hostel with more activities and best atmosphere I've ever been. The location is not that central, but nothing very far from the main view points, besides being really close from the metro.

I had a great time here. Meet some new friends and always felt welcomed. The staff was awesome. We had a lot of fun from movie night to game night. Mariah and Zarah and Heidi and Bobby was a blast to hang with while there. I loved the staff and the people there a lot. They made me feel like home always. I would highly suggest going there again and I cannot wait to go again.

Hola! We are very happy to hear the staff made you feel welcome and you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for staying at Urbany, and for sharing your experience. We can't wait to see you at Urbany again, all the best, the Urbany Staff.

It's a really good hostel. A bit far from everything but you can either spend 20 min walking or you can take the metro, which is close.

Hola! Thank you for staying at Urbany, we are happy to hear you had a good time at the hostel. Yes, it’s easy to walk to the center, and easier with the metro as well. The T-10 ticket for the metro and bus is highly recommended on your stay with us. Though, the hostel is surrounded by touristic places such as Sagrada Familia, Agbar building, National theater, Encants market, etc. We hope your stay in Barcelona was pleasant. Hope to see you at Urbany soon. All the best, the Urbany Staff.

Coming from New York the staff gave me awesome advise was lost but never felt lost being a tourist. Hostel was best bang for the buck being closes to the metro made the visit easy and affordable. Just say how do I get to Clot by bus or train and you'll be fine. Clot is known to everyone because of a museum and some light up building close by the hostel. Got a card that controlled access to the room, locker and elevators. Staff gives the best advise well known and knowledgeable.

Hola! Getting lost is always the best way to see new things! Thank you for staying, and for enjoying your time at Urbany. Our staff works towards ‘being in the known’ and we are glad to hear we were able to advice you during your stay. We hope to see you back soon, kind regards, the Urbany Staff.

this is in fact one of the best hostels I've been to, being a huge well established hostel it's got everything you'll need and all well maintained and clean, apart from the usual kitchen, free wifi, patio, computer and stuff, it has an entire floor of lockers, it's all nice but can be costly especially compare to those low end hostels, the only complaint i have would be the hot and cold shower, it never seems to maintain it's temperature lol, well, all for the good fun.

Hola! We are glad to hear you enjoyed and had fun during your stay with us. Urbany works towards making our hostels as pleasant and as affordable as possible. We are working on our water system to maintain a steady temperature, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to see you back at Urbany soon. Best regards, the Urbany Staff.

Waw!! People was awesome and helpfull at reception, everything really clean and tidy, very good vibrations on 3rd floor and paella delicious! I thing I found a new "home" everytime I will be in Barcelona in the future! 100% recommendable!!

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Hola! Waaw, we are always happy to get happy guests as you staying with us. Urbany offers paella nights to all our quest, where you get to not only experience one of Spain’s traditional dishes, but learn the history of its origins as well. Yes, please do come back! All the best wishes, the Urbany Staff.

In this place, everything is safe and in an order. You have one card to reach everywhere. It's a really safe and systematic hostel. Rooms were nice, clean and safe. The only thing I didn't like was that they request rental money for backpacks and luggages. I needed to go to Central Bus station to use luggage storage and it was half of the price they wanted. But the rest was perfect. 9/10

We really appreciate your comments. Sorry for the litle dissapoitment but we are still happy with a 9/10!. Best Regards. Urbany team.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel It is strategically located for my needs.

Thanks Alfonso! See you soon!

Great stay, confortable, clean, moder facilities and very cool and handy Staff. We really has a good time !!!

We are pleased to read comments written by satisfied guests, we hope to see you back in our lovely city. Best regards, Urbany team.

Great place!

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you so much!! We really appreciate your comment and rating. Hope to see you back in the hostel. Best regards, Urbany staff.