Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

My stay was great! Staff was helpful and friendly and we had no problems at all with our rooms. The atmosphere was lots of fun. They have a great terrace with amazing views. There were planned activities like tapas and karaoke at night for those who want to go out at night. During the day there is an infopoint with plenty of information for things to see and places to go. I will definitely be staying here when I return.

• 11th Apr 2014

the only problem is that everything that you want extra is very expensive: locker, towel and etc. but I had a great time! really good, clean!

The hostel was in a good location.The staff were unfailingly friendly and helpful, a lot of information was given. Urbany was a very sociable place to be for a single traveller, I felt safe and I never felt alone unless I wanted to be ! I was surprised at how good it was and the age range of the people staying there it was totally inclusive of all age ranges. I highly recommend Urbany to any traveller. The tapas night was perfect and it was a great atmosphere, good fun. I'll be back.

alright hostel, nice friendly staff who made sure you were enjoying yourself and who let us have a little bit of fun and drinking games. Many underage and large groups made you constantly feel in the way or out of place. Though the rooms were really small (i had to play ´footsies´with the bed next to mine because we didnt have enough room the steam, gym, suana and pool was pretty neat.

I think it is one of the cheapest hostels near Sagrada Familia.It is situated very near to the metro station.There are a lot of markets and cafes nearby.The view from the hostel is amasing.Safety and breakfast were really good,however I didn't like cleanliness because during my stay there wasn't any cleaning.Sheets were used before and in order to get clean ones I needed to pay(for towels too).There a good kitchen provided with necessary facilities.Staff is friendly and well informed.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Azerbaijan

This hostel was awesome. The was friendly and spoke amazing Enlgish for those who might not speak Spanish. They also cleaned the rooms and made sure the bathroom was fully stocked in the mornings. The location was not ideal at first, but after exploring, it was close amazing resturanuts and some famous landmarks. Such a great experience, met great people and I definitely recommend staying here.

• 20th Mar 2014

The location was excellent, close to the metro . The facilities were quite good, the guest kitchen was a bit of a mess, only 2 fridges available out of 3, and the 3 rd fridge left on while broken so leaking water over the floor, with no signage . The kitchen was also a bit gross with stuff left everywhere and food still on the benches. The terrace was amazing to go it on and relax in the sun.

Cool place to stay. Close to the La Sagrada Familia Cathedral na to Clot Arago subway station wich will take you to anywhere.

What a brilliant place to stay! The staff are amongst some of the nicest people you will ever meet :) social areas in the hostel are brilliant if you fancy just staying in after a busy day in Barcelona theres always something to do on the evening! The hostel is in a brilliant location for getting around and very affordable for the location. Would honestly struggle to find something I didnt like about the place!

• 9th Mar 2014

Very friendly people - I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back in the future.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

It was my second time in Urbany, and it was even better! Overall the whole experience was outstanding and highly interesting and enjoyable. The staff were welcoming and full of tips, in this hostel you will have a small world happy to help you at any time with all kind of information. In general is Super social and that's when it gets better, I made friends in a split second. Out of nowhere, the whole hostel knew one another. And at midnight, the staff took us out to party!

Well located for my needs and a particular care to details: female room had a hair dryer+hair straightener (really impressed!). They have lockers and charging boxes. My first impression about staff wasn't so good ( it took 24 hours to reply to a simple request I made by mail) but I must admit that once there everybody was very helpful, kind,they gave me tons of tips and helped me a lot: well done, guys! Breakfast is what you can expect from a hostel (cereals, bread, jam, coffe, juice, fruits)

I loved Urbany Hostel of Barcelona, it's a good place to stay.

Great Atmosphere and Staff, I noticed our room had a locker with clothes and towels that didn't belong to anyone in the room. the bathroom had a moldy ceiling and was swelling this left a smell throughout the room. We did have the Hotel Manager/owner and two other gentlemen come into the room to look at the ceiling, so i don't know if they were aware of the situation. If you could extend the breakfast for another half hour would help the people who have been up all night clubbing :D

Not only urbany hostel offers services of good quality, the people who work there are always helpful, gentle, in the mood to talk, as friends and not just as workers and clients.

• 8th Jan 2014

I really like the hostel, I was amazed and want to spent more days in that hostel. However, the only inconvinient is the closing time of the terrace 11:30.

It's a good hostel, the dorms are nice, each bed has is own plug and locker. About the staff some were really nice and heplful but others were just so rude and acted like we disturbed them. If you don't mind taking the subway to go to the city center the location isn't too bad.

The bedding package was not clean and the staff were not helpful

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Turkey

We are surprised for the accident you faced with the bedding package; our policy at the hostel indicates that each customer receives a new blanket/pillow cover wrapped in a plastic bag and extremely clean. And about the staff we are very disappointed by the descriptions in the review cause we always try our best to provide a good experience for our travelers and in this case we apologize for not being able to reach your expectations. We hope to see you again at our hostel!

everything is great!!! except the number of shower is not that enough, especially for the 6beds or 8beds room

the hostel 's location is pretty good ,but there is no free drinking water for customer ,anyway ,it is good for introducing this hostel

• 17th Dec 2013