Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

Great Hostel close to the main area in Barcelona, Tram is a short walk from the place. Enjoyed my stay!

Aside from a couple of grumpy guests sharing our room it was an incredible 12 days i spent at urbany. Staff are amazing

• 9th Nov 2014

Placed in a private room above the canteen with blaring music all night long until 12.30 (for business, until bus takes "young people" to the disco). I have always travelled and stayed at hostels around the world, this is definitely the worst experience I had. Asked kindly to change room to another floor, was told music should not go on until late...but it did again. Spent two sleepless nights.

• 6th Nov 2014

I didn't like the fact that the windows were not able to be open. It can get pretty smelly up in the room with 8 individuals without ventilation. Other than that, breakfast was a primo! Unless you ask the cleaning lady in the morning to open it for a few hours.

great hostel for meeting people! good atmosphere.. ended up staying for a month

Clean un sometimes and try to bebe kind with customers

very good hostel with charming atmosphere, very good everything

I feel bad for saying anything but the bathrooms weren't very clean and my bed had bugs and when I told them about it they didn't seem to take me seriously and somewhat of in denial that there were bugs because "they check everyday and they didn't see any." I must have been crazy right? BUT I will say that one staff member was very helpful about the situation and provided me with free laundry use to wash my clothes so that they wouldn't spread throughout my pack

• 22nd Oct 2014

I had a really good time and met great people. The staff was helpful with everything that I needed and made efforts to make everyone feel comfortable. It's a bit farther from most sites to see but only a few minutes away by metro. Thanks so much!

Una muy buena opción para los viajeros con poco presupuesto. El hostal está muy bien ubicado. A 10 minutos caminando desde la estación del metro y a 15 minutos caminando de la sagrada familia. El personal esta siempre dispuesto a ayudarte, y prestan servicio 24 horas. El desayuno estuvo muy bien, lo suficiente para pasar la mañana con tu estomago lleno. También tienen wifi las 24 horas, y las habitaciones son limpias y cómodas. Tienen las opción de conexión al toma corriente europeo y UK

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

only one thing the bathroom of a girls room must have a so called pede....

Really good location, easy to find and walk to from public transport. The staff weren't exactly helpful which made it difficult for us to plan our days in Barcelona. The rooms were really clean although quite small. The atmosphere in the bar was a little lacking not sure if this is due to it being later in the season or not. The biggest downfall we had was that there for two windows in our room that we weren't allowed to keep open and the cleaners would come in and shut them mid arvo. Not good.

The lockers locations do not tally with the bunk locations, which can cause confusion.

AMAZING time spent here. Greeted by lovely staff, very clean environment, had all amenities available. Very comfortable stay indeed.

The hostel was a little far from the center of Barcelona, but the transportation to the clubs and en-suite bathrooms make up for it! staff was super friendly and helpful.

Absolutely loved the hostel, it smelled a little musky when we first got to our room but opening the window fixed that problem pretty quickly. Only a 2 minute walk from the metro which is fantastic and very easy to find. Also the food they offer and 2 for 1 happy hour is a great way to have some fun without having to go spend heaps of money at a bar or club

There free breakfast was amazing. Everything was great except the lights would go on and off while I was sleeping. Electrical problem or ghosts?

Great hostel. Loved the party bus and free breakfast. Kitchen seemed a bit iffy at times, but it did the job. Sharing a bathroom between eight people was a little annoying, definitely depends who your room mates are but there will always be a wait!

We had a private room on the 12th floor & were really pleased with the excellent facilities. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a double bed! So handy to the metro - only around 300m so even tho we weren't central Barcelona, it wasn't difficult to get there. Loved the very local feel to the bars - no tourists except us which is what we wanted.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

I was thinking to return next year after spending few days in Barcelona and staying at this hostel. I liked that everything is modern, good stuff, air-co in room, 2 terraces with bar, 3 lifts. I met a lot of people there.. I didn't liked: do a share everyday on facebook/twitter in order to have Wi-fi, the shower is oscillating between cold/hot water. Not so close to the see but is possible to walk. Access to metro station in few hundred meters.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5