Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

The Internet was very bad

The hostel is OK, but they don`t have wi fi as they promise. They have it only on reception and not always. So they are lying about this. The rest is OK.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Ukraine

One of the best Hostels I've stayed in. It's modern, the lockers are great, and security is fantastic. This is also a great party hostel because they have buses, discounts, or free entry to clubs. I highly highly recommend this if you are in Barcelona and are wanting a good party time, or to meet some awesome people.

The view from the terrace at night is absolutely spectacular! It's a big hostel, so quite busy--and that means it can be noisy. But the staff are nice and the kitchen is clean. It was frustrating that the locker that went with my bed was across the room next to someone else's bed, and their locker was next to my bed. We couldn't get into our lockers early in the morning/late at night without risking waking the other person. It didn't make any sense.

A very slick, trendily designed hostel, I was very pleased with my stay in general. There is a great terrace and it is reasonably close to a grocery store. The room I was in had a good window and the bed was fine. I would recommend renting sheets though. Finally, the kitchen doesn't have an oven (for those who cook); besides this, a great kitchen. A very clean hostel.

This hostel is in a great location and the atmosphere is awesome. A lot of young people and everyone is friendly. There is a lot of security which is really nice too. I definitely recommend this place

They didn't tell us nothing and we got to change the room on the morning, without having a new one until 3 hours later, also they didn't want to give us a secure place to storage things or any solution. Staff at the reception (Laura and David) were trying to be kind but they weren't interested in help us at all. Lot of other people were having the same kind of issue, so wasn't just us. I wouldn't recommend it at all. Attention at the bar was the only good thing!

Thanks for visiting us and writing this comment. It´s very rare to make customers changing their room, could happen only in exceptional occasions, and we always advice in advance. In this case we made a mistake and we apologizes for that reason. After the incident David and Laura tried their best to please you, but obviously it hasn't been enough. Even if we try our best there can be moments that things don´t work perfectly. Best Regards, the Urbany team.

Really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. It's clean, new, modern and great security. My only concern and recommendation is the lack of sheets on the bed. I think most people think that the grey mattress coverings are sheets so they just go without renting sheets. Which is kind of disturbing thinking about how many people so do this. I think for backpackers, they don't care so much but I think long term, the hostel should just either increase their fees and include the sheets. It's cleaner!

It was perfect to meet new people and find out where all the places to go were!

• 7th Sep 2015

Great overall, and friendly. The breakfast tickets need to be managed differently. They use a machine to print out a ticket. Then, people ask you for your ticket. I think it would be better if there was a cash register, then people wouldn't be confused when they go for breakfast.

• 5th Sep 2015

Hola! Thank you for staying at Urbany Hostels. There are 2 ways to get the tickets for the breakfast, at the reception desk with our receptionist, and at the breakfast area through the ticket machine, what we think is easer, more organized and more hygienic for the breakfast staff rather than be in contact with the money. In any case we appreciate your suggestions and will definitely take them into consideration. We hope to see you again! The Urbany staff.

Amazing hostel, best atmosphere around because of the patio and bar. Amazing view as well. The location could be better but Barca's metro system is quite good so it's not much of an issue. Highly recommend!

I checked out the other day because while taking a nap on their third floor common area someone stole my phone off my person, and they refused to watch the footage only moments after i woke up, being able to catch the thief. Being every blunt and rude (Informing me i needed the police to come watch it, after going to the police, the police said when they find time they´ll go watch). I am currently on their third floor writing this review from their own computer to prove their lack of security.

Dear Brayden. I have shared your review with the team and we are very shocked and disappointed by the descriptions in it. There are procedures we have to follow by law, but we always try our best and react fast in this situations. There is something strange in your description, you wouldn't be able to write this review in your check out as you said, because Hostelworld takes few days to let customers writing the feedbacks. Anyways, please accept our sincerest apologies. Best Regards. Urbany team

The staff here are so friendly and helpful! They are knowledgeable about the city and are happy to help you navigate around.

Great hostel, best I have been in :)

Sheets were dirty and had leftover hairs on them, therefore had to purchase extra sheets. Bathroom in the room was absolutely filthy.

Anazing hostel, very kind & helpful staff. Beds were comfortable. Everything very clean. Super nice bathrooms. Free large lockers in every room. Great louge. Super nice terrace with sweeping view of the city. 5 stars all around, except for location I give 3 stars because it is slightly removed from the main Barcelona shopping and nightlife. Even still, the metro station is just cross the street so downtown is still accessible. Just beware what time the metro closes at night.

We are pleased to read comments written by satisfied guests. Our hostel is in a safe and calm area, 3 minutes walking distance from the metro station with the central line 1, that takes less than 10 minutes to get to Pl. Catalunya. Nearby we have a train that takes you to the airport. The hostel is also surrounded by touristic places such as Sagrada Familia, Agbar building, National theater, Encants Market, etc, and close to the beach as well. We hope to see you back in our lovely city. Thanks!

Location wasn't that great. Staff were pretty helpful in recommending places

My room was super dirty including the bathroom. The staff were not helpful and rude. When I was sleeping someone stole my pencil case from my bed! There is a lot of facilities including terrace and drinks but the hostel is so huge that I did not feel comfortable there.

I'd recommend this to my friends for the social aspect. Always someone to talk to, whether it's a friendly member of staff or another smiley guest. The biggest surprise to me was that every night they had some type of fun pre-game for the clubs that night. Also the fact that they get you into some of the best clubs in Barcelona for free.The hostel was clean, they had a full kitchen you could cook, location was perfect. 100% worth the price.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • South Africa

the showers and lights are on a timer so it was hard to take a shower and the lights turned off on me when I was showering but everything was clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4