Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

Not a great location, very tight quarters, inexpensive tho and handy for backpackers looking for a cheap place to stay which access to clubs nightly.

This hostel is a basic, budget traveler's place to stay. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are cool enough, there are lockers in the rooms, free wi-fi and laundromats. However, you have to pay extra for towels and sheets, and the check-out is at 10:30. The area of Clot was also a bit boring regarding restaurants and nightlife.

I think the terraces on the 3rd floor and the rooftop should be open longer - esp. at night because that's when most people would want to go there. More information on the menu (like at what time is Taco Tuesday?) would be nice. The elevators are unnecessarily complicated. Why do you need to unlock the top 2 floors?

• 12th Jul 2015

great hostel the bars good

Need to specify which exit to take from metro

• 4th Jul 2015

Kitchen on the second floor veeery dirty. Please clean it, people. It's more like a hotel , not a cozy b&b, but it's fine. Great for party kids, for us was so-so. Breakfast is very good, but there are many hostels which give it for free. Average value for money. Location is not perfect.

The rooftop bar is pretty cool

Yes this hostel is in a decent location and it's nice to get free entry into the clubs. But you have to pay for sheets, our hostel room was completely dirty having the last person dirty towels on the ground, they don't wipe down the beds. Also the clubs you go to are decent. Additionally, the party staff of fun but the front desk is rude and doesn't help you with anything.

• 1st Jul 2015

Really nice hostel. The girls dorms are very nice. Nice beds. power points on all the beds. room also had 2 showers in it, which is great with lots of girls in a room!

The location is far from downtown, but close to metro station (Clot-Arago). I like the location because quiet and not noisy. There is any live music when I stay on saturday night. However the kitchen is dirty when I try to prepare a breakfast.

The hostel is pretty decent. Location was a pain for partying but perfect for seeing the sites. As for the staff, some were legends, others were just unhelpful and miserable.

The atmosphere sucked. Hundreds of 12 year old kids no joke. Staff is rude except for one or two guys. The female staff should be sweeping city streets or some other non social job. My room was cleaned once in 5 days. It was disgusting. By far THE WORST INTERNET in all of Europe. Worse than some third world countries. Rooms are fine but you're a million times better off in another hostel.

Would definitely recommend this place. It's got a great communal area with terrace, bar, computers and an enormous kitchen. I was in an 8 bed dorm and it was very comfy. Each bed was kitted out with its own bed light and chargepoint. Its a little out of the way from the centre but has great ciews of the Torres agbar.

The place was overrun by kids under 16. Atmosphere isn't conducive to meeting new people (there's a terrace/bar/common room, but nobody really congregates there except for large middle/high school groups). Also, someone came to our room at 1:30 AM only to find all the beds were taken. He came back moments later with a staff member who tried to make it seem like it was our fault when it was really an administrative error. A different staff guy made up for this by giving away delicious paella.

Staff was very unfriendly and extremely unhelpful. It was advertised that breakfast was included but when we got there we were informed it was actually 3€. We attempted to go for breakfast one morning but everything was already gone. You have to pay for luggage storage even if you extended your stay and had to wait to switch rooms. We paid for sheets but didn't receive them the first night & had to ask for them. There was a group of school kids staying who were very noisy/screaming in halls.

Wifi worked well. All other ratings reflect my experience. Great hostel and would stay there again. HOWEVER, the staff and organization needs work. Upon check in they had the wrong # of beds that I reserved in their system which wasn't the end of the world but shouldn't happen. What was even worse was when the staff barged into our room at 130am and rudely asked if we all had reservations like it was our fault they overbooked our room. That is completely unacceptable and should never happen.

I arrived very early in the morning and of course was not able to check in, but the staff let me sleep in the one of the floors for a while. The staff is extremely helpful and the people you meet at this hostel is simply amazing.

It was great, but too many children in a hostel freaks up the atmosphere at all

I absolutely loved my stay in this hostel and couldn't recommended it more highly. It is in a well connected location, very great price, friendly and helpful workers and an amaZing dinner(paella&tapas) that is a must do! I could spend a whole month there, it would be fine, cause it was a great atmosphere! They organize great activities from the walking tours to the pub crawl. I loved my stay there

• 11th Jun 2015

The atmosphere was great, staff always friendly and never annoyed, happily answering whatever questions. Close to everything by metro, worth seeing in Barcelona. People there party but you can chill if you want! Great fun! Recommend the dinners, I have to say that they have delicious events, awesome chefs on the common room! and with cheapest beers nothing can go wrong.

• 11th Jun 2015