Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

The urbany hostel is a very good hostel with easy access to the metro and buses. I was sharing an 8 bed female dorm and the girls were really lovely. All the staff are very friendly and so are all the other travellers, if you're by yourself (like I was) you'll make plenty of friends. I highly recommend the nights out, it's only €3! That covers the cost of the coach ride there, a free shot at the hostel and free entry. Drink before you leave the hostel! Drinks in the clubs are VERY expensive!!

• 9th Sep 2013
  • Scotland

Generally a good place to stay, Location is good (not city centre, but right next to clot/aragon station). A lot of groups (young party-people) are staying there. We had a private 4-bed-room, so it did not bother us, but I can imagine the dorms very noisy at night. The Hostel in general has a very party-friendly atmosphere, so if you want to do that it's ideal. If you are on holiday and you want to relax, upgrade to a hotel, since the price at urbany is already pretty high for what you get there

• 9th Sep 2013

I was in an all girls dorm with two guys? Excellent facilities (lockers, individual reading light, hair dryer, straightners). Some staff were really nice, most stressed and curt. Duvet covers never got changed and only given sheets (€2). Clean everywhere else. Great cheap bar! Really close to metro and night bus. Didn't use kitchen but looked clean. Great gym and free classes. Breakfast is bagette, jam, cereal until 10am precisely. Felt safe and secure. Overall good stay.

• 5th Sep 2013
  • British Virgin Islands

Wonderful hostel. perfect for enjoy to party. i feeled like4stars hotel!

I stayed in a 6 bed-dorm, and it is very convinient, it has toilette and shower in the room. Room-mates were great!! Staff friendly and efficient. If i ever go back to barcelona i am sure i will repeat urbany!!

• 4th Sep 2013

It is a must stay hostel. Perfect!

• Austria

Highly recommended hostel! Staff are great, amazing place to meet other travelers. Everything went perfectly well!

• 4th Sep 2013

Excellent conditions for price. Friendly staff speaking in different languages. Great atmosphere. Really enjoyed the stay.

My boyfriend and I enjoyed staying at this hostel. It was very clean, lively, and offered many activities. It also offered many secure features, such as personal card-keys and card-activated lockers. The staff was always pleasant and helpful, and organized party nights which were easy to attend. The kitchen and dining area was very spacious, and the rooftop bar was a nice feature. We wish it was open longer into the night past 10pm, though...

Really good place to meet other people, nice staff.

The main women at the front desk (didn't get her name, but she seemed like the manager but didn't wear glasses) was extremely rude and disrespectful. When we arrived coming straight from the airport carrying heavy bags and sweating waiting at the desk she didn't acknowledge us for at least 10 minutes. When she finally looked up she helped another group of guests who arrived after us. She was confrontational in her response to our question about visitor and overall terrible at customer service.

• 31st Aug 2013

Overall great hostel. Met lots of cool people and was good to stay out of the main cebter of Barcelona. Close to clot station which made it easy to get around. However cleaners stole all my clothes and sheets of my bed and phone charger too. The hostel staff didnt seem to care and said i should have kept it in my locker. Cleaners alsonlike to come into your dorm at 9am and clean, not that great after the hostel bus leaves at 1am to take you clubbing and you dont get home til 5am!!!

Had a great stay, good atmosphere, good parties.

• 30th Aug 2013

Very easy to find the hostel. It is secure enough by using the electronic access key for both room and locker. Breakfast is acceptable.

I enjoyed my stay in urbany hostel. Front desk staff took care of everything we needed, helped us to organise our trip. It's a must stay hostel!!!! For sure I'll come again!

• 29th Aug 2013

Morning shift @ front desk are really efficient and helpful!!!!

• 29th Aug 2013

Best hostel in Barcelona, staff really friendly and helpful, but the terrace closed a little early and it is a pitty because it's great fun!

Night clubbing is fantastic! The staff from the evening is very nice!

• Spain

the hostel was good, the overall experience was really good. Staff friendly and efficient. It is placed a bite off the track but public transport is very convenient, really easy to get to the most important places.

Luggage service is great...but you have to pay for it!