Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

this place is full of schoolclasses, but the architecture is nice

• 30th Apr 2013
  • Switzerland

Hostel is nice, only french turists to noisy :)

I loved it! I felt very safe and the staff was incredibly friendly.

• 27th Apr 2013

Very interesting hostel with friendly service and a delicious breakfast. The only drawback is the lack of free luggage storage after check-out time. hHowever, the cost of lockers is relatively inexpensive

Actually I was there for a very short period of time, but anyways it was great. Liked the staff, the atmosphere as I've spent great time with my roommates. Breakfast was not the best, but actually the place is near the clot station so it's not too far from the centre of the city.

I had been asked at what time was I going to arrive, I said at 10:00, but when I get there, they said the room wasn't going to be ready until 13:30, so I was obliged either to stay at the common room, which i found dirty and cold, or to go somewhere else with my heavy backpack with me. The staff wasn't able to answer several easy questions about the hostel or the gym and swimming pool. The swimming pool and gym are in a different building, and that makes it uncomfortable.

Its a good hostel! The biggest con for me is the location....

comfortable to stay~

• 23rd Mar 2013
  • Taiwan

Not quite as centrally located walking-wise as the description would lead you to believe, but very close to a metro stop, and the metro in Barcelona is simple to use and goes everywhere. The staff was kind, but do not really go out of their way to help you. It was a nice hostel and I would recommend it but I think I would stay elsewhere next time I come to Barcelona.

It was really a nice trip for us, We are looking forword to come again if possible, the Hostel as well as the crew of that hostel were fantastic and also the facilities are appreceable.... Thanks for everything...:)

• 22nd Mar 2013
  • India

One of the best hostels that i have ever visited!

• 22nd Mar 2013

Nice hostel, really big

The staff were very helpful. Plenty of hot water for a shower which was the fixed head type so difficult to wash yer "bits" Make your own bed, strip sheets and return to get 10 euro deposit back. There was an extra charge "city tax" of 17.5% on top of quoted price. My first stay in a hostel and i'm 62 . I was pleasantly surprised and would stay again even though breakfast was continental. Very friendly good value. Limited time on free computer, cleanish o.k.

• 24th Feb 2013

staff wasn't helpful and everything had a surcharge

• 22nd Feb 2013
  • Portugal

It's been almost six months ago since I stayed at Urbany and I miss it sometimes. In the mean time I have seen similar hostels in the same style, there is one in Belfast with the same swipe card system and such but doesn't hold a candle to Urbany Barcelona. Would stay again if I was back in the region. I even miss the British school groups. Although I admit it can be too crowded at the reception or in the kitchen. Date of review~7/17

My score adds up to 80% but doesn't mean anything necessarily. Go to this place or it is your loss. If you miss out Sagrada Familia you haven't been to BCN. If you don't stay in Urbany, you haven't enjoyed BCN!

only thing lacking is better equipment for the kitchen, but other than that it had everything. If there were only hostels like this worldwide not just barcelona. I don't understand why ppl are complaining about long queues or waiting time at the reception desk..it's a big place for hundereds of guests, withe scool classes and excursion groups staying..be patient! didn't see rude unhelpful staff as well. They provide good service for every single guest which explains the wait

After two weeks staying in different hostels every day, this turned out to be my favourite. I felt like in my highschool years again during school excursions. the place is nearly perfect, but I wished they stopped placing every new guest in the same rooms. They have 13 floors, yes, even a floor labeled 13!!! and there are 12 rooms on every floor, still they place every person in number 1 of every floor. The rooms aren't ideal to house 8 persons and after every night it smelled with body odors.

A very good hostel, the location is not the best, but by underground you can easily reach the best points of the city. It's clean and comfortable. A big hostel with lots of people from all around the world. Lots of facilities, such as gym, pool, free nightclub entrances etc.

The facilities were new and In good condition. The bathroom was small but adequate and clean. Staff were not overly friendly or helpful and the cleaners should refrain from attempting to clean the bathroom when you are using it, this happened multiple times and was annoying. The kitchen was poorly set up with almost no utensils or adequate cooking materials and 3 out of 4 hotplates didn´t work. The atmosphere in the bar was nonexistent. Adequate and cheap overall but certainly nothing special

• 30th Jan 2013