Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

I was there only for two nights, but it was AMAZING really the athmosphere is great!!! I suggest to everyone!! Estuve solo para dos noches pero me lo pase genial!!

• 4th Oct 2013

Very helpful staff!! Everything great!

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Wales

Staff were rude, everything else about the place was cool. Excluding the bartender from staff she was really nice!

Great value for your money. Staff is super helpful and nice. They have a cute terace and a bar, breakfast is good so i definetely recommend it!

Urbany is best hostel. Especially considering all the accomodations {25m. swimming pool, wet and dry sauna, jacuzzi, gym, comfortable beds, good cooking facilities in spacious kitchen, inexpensive drinks at bar with pool table, big screen TV's and computers available in lounge room, WIFI in whole building, comfortable beds in quiet/clean rooms (with shower/wc),which are secure with lockers} and professional/ helpful staff they provide in location close to Glories shopping center/ Poblenou beach.

There was an older spanish gentleman,between the ages of 30-40 who worked the night shift.Very rude and unhelpful.he refused help from a coworker when there was a line out of the door.All we wanted to do was check in and rest.Should be more customer service based and not so stubborn.

• 28th Sep 2013

Was a great place with great facilities. Definately above average and I recommend it to anyone in Barcelona!

• 27th Sep 2013

Amazing hostel! Very clean, comfortable and security. I'm impressed how it's really good, it may be one of the best I've stayed. Congratulations for the kind staff and their organization. If I go back to Barcelona some day, I'll definitely choose this Urbany hostel again!

This hostel is perfect!. We were astonished how clean and well organised everything was and what you get for the money was amazing. The bar in the third floor has got a nice atmosphere and is great for getting a few drinks before going out to the disco or bars in Barcelona. The staff was very friendly and helpful (epecially barabara!)they answered all the questions 24hours a day, free internet, bar tours and activities. When coming back to BCN i will definitely come back to this hostel again!

Better value for suchsmall fee is hard to find, when returning to Barcelona I will book here again.

I received a blanket that smelled like it had never been washed. The front desk workers were somewhat rude towards the customers and didn't know how to handle a rush of people at once. The wifi was good and I liked the key card access. Good location right by a metro stop too.

We are happy that you were satisfied with the Wi-Fi and the key card access.We apologize for the accident you faced with the blanket;our policy at the hostel indicates that each customer receives a new blanket rapped in a plastic bag and extremely clean.Sometimes stress and a lot of people at once can create these kind of inconvenient,and can make our staff a little bit more serious trying to fix issues the fastest way possible.We are working on improving our services. We hope to see you again.

Me and my friends found it great, I' ll recommend for sure to all of the people I know!! Bye

• 19th Sep 2013

The Urbany hostel is awesome! Rooms are cleaned every day, every room has own bathroom and toilet, the terrace is so cool and breakfast for free are just yummy. Choosing this place to stay, you just cant regret it!

• 17th Sep 2013
  • Czech Republic

I stayed at Urbany hostel for only 1 night because it was a nightmare! There were bed bugs in my bed, I even killed one on the sheet! I was bitten by the bugs and the marks on my skin spoiled my whole vacation! I regret I didn't demand my money back for such terrible stay actually! The hostel is in a good location and they serve breakfast though. The fitness room is crowded. Rooms are small and you can't open a window to air it. The hostel is good for big groups only.

Some of the staff were lovely, but others seemed very unhappy to be working there or at least unhappy to see so many people - which is a little strange for working in a hostel. I know young travellers can be annoying and loud and messy, but not everyone is like that. A smile goes a long way. Reception was always busy, but they were pretty good at dealing with all questions. Sometimes a bit short with people but the information was at hand when needed. Breakfast is not good.

Good place and value for money. Only thought/problem was that the shower room is shared by all people in the room which would be fine but the toilet is in there too so you can't have more than one person showering/toiletting at the same time. Also there is no shower curtain or anything in the room so water just goes everywhere!

• 14th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

Awesome place to stay best hostel in barca cool people and clean rooms

Would prefere honey for breakfast, cos I realy don´t liked the offered jam.

Perfect location in Girona! Best thing about this hostel: the lovely roof top terrace with a beautiful view over Girona. The Staff is very nice and helpful. I'd definetely recommend this place!

I've stayed in urbany for a couple of days and it was everything perfect, especially staff were extremely helpful

• 9th Sep 2013