Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

Though the location was ok and breakfast was included this hostel wasn't great. The staff was not very friendly, was slow, and when I asked for a recommendation for a restaurant I got as a response that I couldn't find it anyway. Furthermore: the airconditioning was not working, the showers were cold and the elevators broke down, making us wait for 25 minutes on the 5th floor. I would not go back here again.

• 26th Jul 2013

The Hostel itself was wonderful and felt like a hotel!! very clean and high tech we loved it, the staff however were not very good, not friendly or welcoming, we even had a staff member barge in our room while eating her food, she was rude and didn't even knock which was very strange! other then that, the vibe and hostel is great! the staff just needs better training in how to treat clients.

Urbany tried too hard to be a hotel with overly strict rules with regard to the common room, and as a consequence lost the hostel 'vibe' I was looking for. The check in process was also far too slow and as a result there was always a lengthy queue at the main desk meaning desk staff didn't have time to help with general enquiries

• 24th Jul 2013

Everynight, we can go to the club with the Hostel, free entrance.

• 20th Jul 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Urbany, which is run efficiently and smoothly with fantastic security. The atmosphere is great and you can always have a big night out with the hostel.

Desk staff ranged from not caring to openly rude - particularly one man. Lobby door open all night, people walking in and out without being challenged. Not very clean. Overall not a good experience. I asked for help to call an airline, and the man at the desk pointed to a pay phone. After I had put several of my coins in and could not hear my phone call the other person at the desk said that the phone was not working. The guy just shrugged. Didn't even apologize for wasting my money.

Good place to stay and meet people but there were a heap of kids and it a little bit far out of the way.

There is big hostel. It was normal.

Very good Hostel, the only bad point is the breakfast, but for the price of the room we must not expect too much : so it's perfect, very clean.

• 18th Jul 2013

I really did not enjoy my stay in this hostel. First of all, the staff really needs training of customer service. They are not really helpful and they make you feel like you distutb them when you need info. They have some activities which they said is 3euros for a free shot, shuttle and entrance to a club and that's a big lie. Place is filled w underage kids. Bathroom are very very small. Charge to leave your bag can go up to 5 or 6 euro maybe more. Great location tho!

The hostel was very impersonal with its huge size. The arranged night out was very good, and the guy who run the night was great. The front desk for the most part was extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. With the several school groups of little kids running around the hostel was filled with body odor and screaming voices.

Hostel was really nice. The rooms were pretty standard, with really big luggage lockers inside.There's a bar in the hostel--pretty cheap. The location was amazing since it was right next to a metro stop. They always had a group going out to bars and clubs every night, and being with the hostel got you into a lot of places for free. My only major problems were with some of the staff who were non responsive or unhelpful. The guy who organizes the club runs is awesome though!

• 13th Jul 2013
  • cdimmer

If you stay here you won't be on a good location, you won't get to know anyone, and you will have the worst breakfast ever! Just choose this hostel of you want to use the included gym/ swimming pool.

I loved my stay at Urbany, even though its a huge hostel and there were some school classes that were a bit annoying sometimes. But the facilities are great and it is very clean. I loved the roof terrace and the community areas where I have met so many cool people and made new friends. Free entry to some clubs and to the sports center next door is a nice extra. The breakfast was very good, too. I will definitely come back!

This place had organised club nights, a complete kitchen, big lockers in each room and a common area which made it easy to meet people. Also access to a swimming pool up the road if you want. We walked to the beach but in the middle of July I'd recommend a bus next time!

Not amazing, but not my type of hostel. Barcelona seems to be full of massive hostels packed with young kids looking to get wasted in a big party city. Great if that's your thing, but I prefer a cozy quiet place where I can meet people and make a decent meal. Staff was decent but uncharacteristic, drunk skinhead Swedish Tae-Bo instructor at 5am was annoying, but not their fault. Bit of mould in the shower, blankets weren't super clean. Breakfast was lacking...not the worst, not the best.

Best hostel ive ever stayed at. Rooms were great, discounts everywhere, very convenient!

Interesting hostel. Rooms are clean, with climate and wifi. Kitchen was a bit dirty, but the breakfast was good enough, something like bread, butter and jam.

Good hostel, but extremely slooooooow service

Staff struggled with English. Location away from centre of town.