Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

Amazing hostel! Very clean, comfortable and security. I'm impressed how it's really good, it may be one of the best I've stayed. Congratulations for the kind staff and their organization. If I go back to Barcelona some day, I'll definitely choose this Urbany hostel again!

This hostel is perfect!. We were astonished how clean and well organised everything was and what you get for the money was amazing. The bar in the third floor has got a nice atmosphere and is great for getting a few drinks before going out to the disco or bars in Barcelona. The staff was very friendly and helpful (epecially barabara!)they answered all the questions 24hours a day, free internet, bar tours and activities. When coming back to BCN i will definitely come back to this hostel again!

Better value for suchsmall fee is hard to find, when returning to Barcelona I will book here again.

I received a blanket that smelled like it had never been washed. The front desk workers were somewhat rude towards the customers and didn't know how to handle a rush of people at once. The wifi was good and I liked the key card access. Good location right by a metro stop too.

We are happy that you were satisfied with the Wi-Fi and the key card access.We apologize for the accident you faced with the blanket;our policy at the hostel indicates that each customer receives a new blanket rapped in a plastic bag and extremely clean.Sometimes stress and a lot of people at once can create these kind of inconvenient,and can make our staff a little bit more serious trying to fix issues the fastest way possible.We are working on improving our services. We hope to see you again.

Me and my friends found it great, I' ll recommend for sure to all of the people I know!! Bye

• 19th Sep 2013

The Urbany hostel is awesome! Rooms are cleaned every day, every room has own bathroom and toilet, the terrace is so cool and breakfast for free are just yummy. Choosing this place to stay, you just cant regret it!

• 17th Sep 2013
  • Czech Republic

I stayed at Urbany hostel for only 1 night because it was a nightmare! There were bed bugs in my bed, I even killed one on the sheet! I was bitten by the bugs and the marks on my skin spoiled my whole vacation! I regret I didn't demand my money back for such terrible stay actually! The hostel is in a good location and they serve breakfast though. The fitness room is crowded. Rooms are small and you can't open a window to air it. The hostel is good for big groups only.

Some of the staff were lovely, but others seemed very unhappy to be working there or at least unhappy to see so many people - which is a little strange for working in a hostel. I know young travellers can be annoying and loud and messy, but not everyone is like that. A smile goes a long way. Reception was always busy, but they were pretty good at dealing with all questions. Sometimes a bit short with people but the information was at hand when needed. Breakfast is not good.

Good place and value for money. Only thought/problem was that the shower room is shared by all people in the room which would be fine but the toilet is in there too so you can't have more than one person showering/toiletting at the same time. Also there is no shower curtain or anything in the room so water just goes everywhere!

• 14th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

Awesome place to stay best hostel in barca cool people and clean rooms

Would prefere honey for breakfast, cos I realy don´t liked the offered jam.

Perfect location in Girona! Best thing about this hostel: the lovely roof top terrace with a beautiful view over Girona. The Staff is very nice and helpful. I'd definetely recommend this place!

I've stayed in urbany for a couple of days and it was everything perfect, especially staff were extremely helpful

• Aruba

The urbany hostel is a very good hostel with easy access to the metro and buses. I was sharing an 8 bed female dorm and the girls were really lovely. All the staff are very friendly and so are all the other travellers, if you're by yourself (like I was) you'll make plenty of friends. I highly recommend the nights out, it's only €3! That covers the cost of the coach ride there, a free shot at the hostel and free entry. Drink before you leave the hostel! Drinks in the clubs are VERY expensive!!

• Scotland

Generally a good place to stay, Location is good (not city centre, but right next to clot/aragon station). A lot of groups (young party-people) are staying there. We had a private 4-bed-room, so it did not bother us, but I can imagine the dorms very noisy at night. The Hostel in general has a very party-friendly atmosphere, so if you want to do that it's ideal. If you are on holiday and you want to relax, upgrade to a hotel, since the price at urbany is already pretty high for what you get there

• 9th Sep 2013

I was in an all girls dorm with two guys? Excellent facilities (lockers, individual reading light, hair dryer, straightners). Some staff were really nice, most stressed and curt. Duvet covers never got changed and only given sheets (€2). Clean everywhere else. Great cheap bar! Really close to metro and night bus. Didn't use kitchen but looked clean. Great gym and free classes. Breakfast is bagette, jam, cereal until 10am precisely. Felt safe and secure. Overall good stay.

• 5th Sep 2013
  • British Virgin Islands

Wonderful hostel. perfect for enjoy to party. i feeled like4stars hotel!

I stayed in a 6 bed-dorm, and it is very convinient, it has toilette and shower in the room. Room-mates were great!! Staff friendly and efficient. If i ever go back to barcelona i am sure i will repeat urbany!!

• 4th Sep 2013

It is a must stay hostel. Perfect!

• Austria

Highly recommended hostel! Staff are great, amazing place to meet other travelers. Everything went perfectly well!