Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

The Urbany hostel is awesome! Rooms are cleaned every day, every room has own bathroom and toilet, the terrace is so cool and breakfast for free are just yummy. Choosing this place to stay, you just cant regret it!

• 17th Sep 2013
  • Czech Republic

I stayed at Urbany hostel for only 1 night because it was a nightmare! There were bed bugs in my bed, I even killed one on the sheet! I was bitten by the bugs and the marks on my skin spoiled my whole vacation! I regret I didn't demand my money back for such terrible stay actually! The hostel is in a good location and they serve breakfast though. The fitness room is crowded. Rooms are small and you can't open a window to air it. The hostel is good for big groups only.

Some of the staff were lovely, but others seemed very unhappy to be working there or at least unhappy to see so many people - which is a little strange for working in a hostel. I know young travellers can be annoying and loud and messy, but not everyone is like that. A smile goes a long way. Reception was always busy, but they were pretty good at dealing with all questions. Sometimes a bit short with people but the information was at hand when needed. Breakfast is not good.

• 15th Sep 2013

Good place and value for money. Only thought/problem was that the shower room is shared by all people in the room which would be fine but the toilet is in there too so you can't have more than one person showering/toiletting at the same time. Also there is no shower curtain or anything in the room so water just goes everywhere!

• 14th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

Awesome place to stay best hostel in barca cool people and clean rooms

Would prefere honey for breakfast, cos I realy don´t liked the offered jam.

Perfect location in Girona! Best thing about this hostel: the lovely roof top terrace with a beautiful view over Girona. The Staff is very nice and helpful. I'd definetely recommend this place!

I've stayed in urbany for a couple of days and it was everything perfect, especially staff were extremely helpful

• Aruba

The urbany hostel is a very good hostel with easy access to the metro and buses. I was sharing an 8 bed female dorm and the girls were really lovely. All the staff are very friendly and so are all the other travellers, if you're by yourself (like I was) you'll make plenty of friends. I highly recommend the nights out, it's only €3! That covers the cost of the coach ride there, a free shot at the hostel and free entry. Drink before you leave the hostel! Drinks in the clubs are VERY expensive!!

• Scotland

Generally a good place to stay, Location is good (not city centre, but right next to clot/aragon station). A lot of groups (young party-people) are staying there. We had a private 4-bed-room, so it did not bother us, but I can imagine the dorms very noisy at night. The Hostel in general has a very party-friendly atmosphere, so if you want to do that it's ideal. If you are on holiday and you want to relax, upgrade to a hotel, since the price at urbany is already pretty high for what you get there

• 9th Sep 2013

I was in an all girls dorm with two guys? Excellent facilities (lockers, individual reading light, hair dryer, straightners). Some staff were really nice, most stressed and curt. Duvet covers never got changed and only given sheets (€2). Clean everywhere else. Great cheap bar! Really close to metro and night bus. Didn't use kitchen but looked clean. Great gym and free classes. Breakfast is bagette, jam, cereal until 10am precisely. Felt safe and secure. Overall good stay.

• 5th Sep 2013
  • British Virgin Islands

Wonderful hostel. perfect for enjoy to party. i feeled like4stars hotel!

I stayed in a 6 bed-dorm, and it is very convinient, it has toilette and shower in the room. Room-mates were great!! Staff friendly and efficient. If i ever go back to barcelona i am sure i will repeat urbany!!

• 4th Sep 2013

It is a must stay hostel. Perfect!

• Austria

Highly recommended hostel! Staff are great, amazing place to meet other travelers. Everything went perfectly well!

• 4th Sep 2013

Excellent conditions for price. Friendly staff speaking in different languages. Great atmosphere. Really enjoyed the stay.

My boyfriend and I enjoyed staying at this hostel. It was very clean, lively, and offered many activities. It also offered many secure features, such as personal card-keys and card-activated lockers. The staff was always pleasant and helpful, and organized party nights which were easy to attend. The kitchen and dining area was very spacious, and the rooftop bar was a nice feature. We wish it was open longer into the night past 10pm, though...

Really good place to meet other people, nice staff.

The main women at the front desk (didn't get her name, but she seemed like the manager but didn't wear glasses) was extremely rude and disrespectful. When we arrived coming straight from the airport carrying heavy bags and sweating waiting at the desk she didn't acknowledge us for at least 10 minutes. When she finally looked up she helped another group of guests who arrived after us. She was confrontational in her response to our question about visitor and overall terrible at customer service.

• 31st Aug 2013

Overall great hostel. Met lots of cool people and was good to stay out of the main cebter of Barcelona. Close to clot station which made it easy to get around. However cleaners stole all my clothes and sheets of my bed and phone charger too. The hostel staff didnt seem to care and said i should have kept it in my locker. Cleaners alsonlike to come into your dorm at 9am and clean, not that great after the hostel bus leaves at 1am to take you clubbing and you dont get home til 5am!!!