Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

Staff were not very approachable and the hostel was not in a very central location. Took us about 30 min to walk to the beach. Easy to get to everything by metro though. Nice clean rooms and lockers for valuables. Suited our needs for a few nights anyway.

the best hostel in barcelona but terrace is close so early i thinkt it needs more time

Truly the best hostel I have been to in my entire life. A pity it was that I could not stay longer! Thanks for everything!

Friends, I like to travel a lot. So far I've visited more than 30 countries in Europe and Asia. I've had the pleasure to spend countless nights at a very large number of 'legendary' hostels throughout Europe and yet - my stay in Urbany Hostel is one of the most unforgettable experiences! This hostel definitely deserves only the highest scores and I warmly recommend it to all who will be visiting Barcelona! Urbany-hostel will forever remain in my heart!

• 11th Aug 2013
  • Bulgaria

I am really disappointed by Urbany Hostel in Barcelona. The staff is not nice neither helpful, especially the night staff. The staff speaks English and Spanish, but no French or any other language... The smelling in the bedrooms is really strange and quite unpleasant, and it is unpossible to open the windows ! Last but not least, a friend of mine paid one additional night whereas he was not at Urbany Hostels any more ! There are too many people in this hostel, I won't go there any more.

• 11th Aug 2013

I stayed for 5 days so I think I can say that the staff sucks and be certain that that statement is accurate! The location is good, the amenities are great, but if you are traveling alone like I was and were hoping for friendly suggestions-- you're in the wrong place! I've been to 9 countries, 17 hostels alone, and have never had such rude, unhelpful staff. Granted I don't need my hand held but just a few friendly suggestions and a smile would go a long way!

• 10th Aug 2013

The terrace and bar are cool. The bathroom had a large amount of mold so it got everyone sick. The AC was not working so we had to sleep with the window open. I never had a good night sleep during my stay.

Good value for my money. Clean and nice facilities for a hostel. The staff guy arranging parties in the evening made us feel welcome to Barcelona and Urbany Hostel

• 7th Aug 2013
  • Norway

as there were 4 of us staying in the one room, a 4 bed dorm. it was to small to fit 4 guys in it with bags. we ended up having the door open for as much as we can because it was so squshy. but it was a very clean hostel. apart from the lifts breaking down at some points, was a good hostel to stay at. just need bigger rooms.

I had a really nice stay at this hostel! I loved the shuttle who brought everybody to a party! The Poolparty was so much fun! The rooms were pretty - i stayed at a womens 6 bed room ! All in pink! Clean rooms and very cool people! Thanks for this great trip! Made a lot of friends :)) There is just one thing i didnt like : the breakfast. The bread with this Nutellastuff was okay but the rest....Dont try the juice.You will get sick for the whole day. The coffe is horrible and the pudding too.

• 6th Aug 2013

Great location; easy access to the metro and Renfe. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was pretty good. The breakfast was a bit mediocre however the overall value of the hostel experience makes up for that

• 5th Aug 2013

The hostel,although not in down town, is very close to La Sagrada Familia and to Pueblo Nou which ha a beautiful and not so crowded beach and a Ramblas of its own. It's a great place to meet other backpackers and chill around on that quiet area of Barcelona. The breakfast is okay and is included. You have lockers with electrical locks and that are very big which is great. Linen is not included and costs €2 and the terrace is a great place to meet more people or just enjoy a view at night.

• 4th Aug 2013
  • Mexico

Has AC and wifi.

A long way from the beach and the Gothic Quater/Raval, but somewhat close to the more adult, more upscale Gracia and Eixample. Yet it's a massive youth hostel, with an emphasis on the youth. Almost nightly buses dropped off school (?) groups of 12-16 year olds, and most people seemed to be under 22. The result is the kitchen is a huge mess, and the common floor is loud and full of beer pong most nights. Great gym, free breakfast, and a place to sleep for cheap. Just don't expect a conversation.

Internet didn't work. Had to wait 30 mins to check in. Room smelled bad. Breakfast wasn't really edible. All in all not a hostel I would recommend.

Nice Hostel really big a bit far from the beach and plaza catalunya if you walk but 15min by metro. The organisation is well done for the number of poeple at the hostel when it comes to the actuvities organized. Clean room and nice looker enough big to put more than a back pack, unfortunnatly sheet were not included ( in the web site was written that it was when he did the reservation )

Check in time- very bad staff- not very nice only air conditioner good I paid included tax. So it was very expensive as compared this hostel.

• 1st Aug 2013
  • South Korea

the great thing is that the A/C was on and i could sleep without problems, because outside there were something like 35/36 C degrees

• 31st Jul 2013

Good enviroment. Good staff. Friendly people!! Party every night

Showers are very average. Had to push button every 30 seconds to keep water flowing like a Sink in a public toilet. I understand this is a good water saving method but it is extremely annoying. Even after pushing the button the water would vary from hot to cold each & every 30 seconds. Water also smelt stale. Other then that everything else was great.