Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

The hostel,although not in down town, is very close to La Sagrada Familia and to Pueblo Nou which ha a beautiful and not so crowded beach and a Ramblas of its own. It's a great place to meet other backpackers and chill around on that quiet area of Barcelona. The breakfast is okay and is included. You have lockers with electrical locks and that are very big which is great. Linen is not included and costs €2 and the terrace is a great place to meet more people or just enjoy a view at night.

• 4th Aug 2013
  • Mexico

Has AC and wifi.

A long way from the beach and the Gothic Quater/Raval, but somewhat close to the more adult, more upscale Gracia and Eixample. Yet it's a massive youth hostel, with an emphasis on the youth. Almost nightly buses dropped off school (?) groups of 12-16 year olds, and most people seemed to be under 22. The result is the kitchen is a huge mess, and the common floor is loud and full of beer pong most nights. Great gym, free breakfast, and a place to sleep for cheap. Just don't expect a conversation.

Internet didn't work. Had to wait 30 mins to check in. Room smelled bad. Breakfast wasn't really edible. All in all not a hostel I would recommend.

Nice Hostel really big a bit far from the beach and plaza catalunya if you walk but 15min by metro. The organisation is well done for the number of poeple at the hostel when it comes to the actuvities organized. Clean room and nice looker enough big to put more than a back pack, unfortunnatly sheet were not included ( in the web site was written that it was when he did the reservation )

Check in time- very bad staff- not very nice only air conditioner good I paid included tax. So it was very expensive as compared this hostel.

• 1st Aug 2013
  • South Korea

the great thing is that the A/C was on and i could sleep without problems, because outside there were something like 35/36 C degrees

• 31st Jul 2013

Good enviroment. Good staff. Friendly people!! Party every night

Showers are very average. Had to push button every 30 seconds to keep water flowing like a Sink in a public toilet. I understand this is a good water saving method but it is extremely annoying. Even after pushing the button the water would vary from hot to cold each & every 30 seconds. Water also smelt stale. Other then that everything else was great.

Allright hostel. The breakfast is bread, jam, nutella and margerine, no butter or cheese. To drink there is juice and hot drinks. The hostel offers warm meals such as lasagna, pizza, fries for reasonable prices. Rooms are all right and clean, the cool thing is the pool. The location: it is quite far from the city center, but there is a train station and metro stop around 200 from there. Many reasonable places to eat nearby.

Guests tend to be louder in rooms here than in other hostels. Otherwise, the AC is good, and the breakfast is ok.

Didn't like the fact that you have to pay extra for the linen, towel and for a room to leave the luggage. Also it's quite far from the centre. But if you seek for a nightlife it's a good choice - there are buses to clubs and free enter. Not my cup of tea, anyway

Urbany is amazing... I felt as though I was in a hotel! Very very clean and lots to do. The terrace has an amazing view and you can drink all night for very cheap with there happy hour then take a shuttle to clubs with other hostel guests and get in to all the awesome clubs in Barcelona for free with your Urbany card. Very safe and I think it might be only hostel ever to have a pool and fitness center!! Amazing, a must stay hostel!

I just think check out time is too early. The one thing that disappointed me was that when I made my reservations I scheduled my check-in time to be 11AM and my room was not ready until almost 2pm. That was a disappointment to me and almost made me wanted to leave to find a different Hostel. I am happy with my decision to stay at the Urbany Hostel Barcelona but that just needs to be better organized.

• 30th Jul 2013

Reception staff seemed very uninterested most of the time, although the girl on bar was always happy and smiling. Pretty ridiculous system of ordering a drink through a machine then taking your ticket to the bar, but no big issue. Hostel was always clean seems very secure, it had a good atmosphere most of the time i was there met some lovely people.

Nice place, could fix a better breakfast though, the cereals we ate tasted like paper and the bread was far from the best bread i tasted. Nice staff :)

I had a pleasant stay at this hostel, staff very welcoming, good facilities, air conditioning very appreciated and many opportunities to party with fellow travellers. Every night a bus is organized to take you at night clubs if you want.

i really recommend this hostel,it exceeded my expectations, met new people! enjoyed the organized social events.staff are helpful especially the guy in the common area, i like the fact that there is an organized bus every night to different clubs. the hostel's location is not perfect but still close to the center.

Though the location was ok and breakfast was included this hostel wasn't great. The staff was not very friendly, was slow, and when I asked for a recommendation for a restaurant I got as a response that I couldn't find it anyway. Furthermore: the airconditioning was not working, the showers were cold and the elevators broke down, making us wait for 25 minutes on the 5th floor. I would not go back here again.

• 26th Jul 2013

The Hostel itself was wonderful and felt like a hotel!! very clean and high tech we loved it, the staff however were not very good, not friendly or welcoming, we even had a staff member barge in our room while eating her food, she was rude and didn't even knock which was very strange! other then that, the vibe and hostel is great! the staff just needs better training in how to treat clients.