Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

I found the cleaners to be rude and intrusive... One knock on the door and enter isn't the proper etiquette ... Doesn't give you any time to respond at all ...

I just loved it! This place is amazing, nice views from the terrace. Very good staff, atmosphere...

• 28th Aug 2013

Best hostel ive ever stayed. I enjoyed my experience. I felt really good attended by the staff, everything very clean. Breakfast is not outstanding but still good to have it free!

• 28th Aug 2013

Our stay @ urbany was really good. We met people, had fun on the third floor. Staff friendly, everything very well organised!

• 28th Aug 2013

Excellent staff, excelent atmosphere, perfect experience! Would recommend it!

• Armenia

really nice Hostel, location was okay...One has to walk quite a bit to the city center or the beach but that's not too bad. Breakfast could be better, but the BEST thing was the gym(incl. Pool) we could use. So bring sport clothes and enjoy ;)

• 25th Aug 2013

we stayed there for 8 nights and we had a really really really good time!! the staff was very kind, helpful, always happy! everything was always clean and proper. their terrace provided every night parties, entertainment, karaoke, beer, shots and cool clubs! the hostel was in a safe and quiet area with a lot of public transportation and facilities (bar, supermarket, shopping mall)

• 24th Aug 2013

Fantastic hostel would definatly recomend to any one

Great hostel, not too far from the beach, close to shops and the tourist bus route. The staff are pretty cool, and up for a chat, and keen to help you out if you need it. Great atmosphere in the common room, parties every night. Definitely recommend it.

The 48hour cancellation policy is not travel-friendly. I called 12 hours beforehand pleading to them to cancel my reservation because vehicle problems delayed us into arriving in Barcelona on time and they made no exceptions. Even with the offer to stay with them the two following nights when we'd actually be in town. Just under €40 was charged to my account and the hostel had no concern for us, whilst they booked our 2 empty beds for the following nights and made double.

• 21st Aug 2013

The hostel is huge, and in a pretty good spot. The common area is great to hang out (especially seeing as the rooms are small and cluttered). There are some ridiculous bits though, i.e. not being able to open your window, not being able to control your own A/C (so you either freeze or cook), the lights go out at midnight, and don't turn back on until the morning, the fridges in the kitchen don't keep anything cool etc... Free gym is a plus, free breakfast sucks.

The best thing about this hostel was that the map made a very good fan.

It's really huge so it's hard to meet fellow travellers. Also loads of kids and families. Good if u want a break from dingy hostels but otherwise stay somewhere it else it doesn't hve a great vibe

Worst hostel period. Poor service, zero access too the pool or gym. Room smelt like their was a dead body in there somewhere, and mold growing on the washroom ceiling. Absolutely disgusting. Checked out 3 days earlier and ended up booking at this lovely hostel nearby called TwentyTu.

I was only here for one night with my friend as we missed our train to france and we had to stay in barcelona for one more night. It's a party hostel, don't come here if you want a good night sleep lol. The main negatives are 1) the rooms are too tiny 2) a bit too crowdy 3) too far away from the centre of barcelona but positives are it is very lively, affordable, and good for meeting people.They have a very huge bar and they play good music I'll come back here only if I feel like partying.

One of the guy who was at the reception is very rude...

Staff were not very approachable and the hostel was not in a very central location. Took us about 30 min to walk to the beach. Easy to get to everything by metro though. Nice clean rooms and lockers for valuables. Suited our needs for a few nights anyway.

the best hostel in barcelona but terrace is close so early i thinkt it needs more time

Truly the best hostel I have been to in my entire life. A pity it was that I could not stay longer! Thanks for everything!

Friends, I like to travel a lot. So far I've visited more than 30 countries in Europe and Asia. I've had the pleasure to spend countless nights at a very large number of 'legendary' hostels throughout Europe and yet - my stay in Urbany Hostel is one of the most unforgettable experiences! This hostel definitely deserves only the highest scores and I warmly recommend it to all who will be visiting Barcelona! Urbany-hostel will forever remain in my heart!

• 11th Aug 2013