Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

This is like a hotel-hostel. Its huge! Its really clean, the bathrooms are inside the rooms, it has good common places and includes breakfasts. The bad thing is as its so big you loose this typical atmosphere of hostels where everybody can meet racha other... The other bad thing is that its almost an hour walking from the center of the city, but you have the metro across the street.

loved my stay! the staff was helpful and friendly as were the other backpackers in the hostel. It was clean, safe, and they provided us with tips on what to do in the city!

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Ecuador

Great atmosphere, met a lot of people. The roof terrace is absolute the best thing I've seen in any hostel yet. Also the fact that you can bring your own drinks is excellent. At first i thought the room was disappointing since there where only 2 bunk beds and no table or anything, but the great common room + terrace makes up for that! Will recommend :)

When I first arrived after an incredibly long day of travel the male receptionists was so incredibly rude to me, I wanted to file a complaint right then and there. I had to make changes to my travel plans and he was talking trash about me in spanish to his coworker. Little did he know that I understand what Puta means in spanish. Would not reccommend this place to any solo travelers. Or anyone looking for a welcoming experience. Commercial, big, unwelcoming. No thank you.

• 1st Nov 2013

Dear Alissa , Please accept our sincerest apologies. I have shared your review with the Team and we are very shocked and disappointed by the descriptions in it. We really think it was a misunderstanding, cause we always try our best to provide a good experience for our travelers. Thank you for your comment, hope to see you again and have the chance to change your opinion.

I am satisfied,nice price !

Great that breakfast was included, beds were sooo comfortable, great secure lockers with key card, close to metro, little weird of an area but still pretty, nice staff!

• 30th Oct 2013

One of the best hostels I've ever staied

Nice hostel, but maybe not suitable for me. More like party hostel and lots of teenagers, 12-15 year old. The rooms are good with own toilet and shower. And the free gym was good, that is why I wanted to come to this hostel.

I just loved! Very good option for staying! N'hésitez pas!

Perfect place to stay the metro is 2 mins walk and the terrace bar on a night is unbelievable will go again

The staff was helpful, especially those on the 3rd floor, the girl with the dreadlooks did a great job. Rooms are really modern but tiny, lockers spacious and beds comfy. There was airco, but you couln't open the window. What I didn't like was that there were many school groups that were REALLY loud. Breakfast was included, but every day the same, but I liked having it at the rooftop terrace. WiFi access always worked and my roommates were also quite nice.

We must change room the second day and we still don't know the reason. The third day there was a girl in our room, although we payed for a private room.

• 12th Oct 2013
  • Slovenia

That is the best hostel that I've been in Europe! Very big, and they even have a pool and a gym!

I was there only for two nights, but it was AMAZING really the athmosphere is great!!! I suggest to everyone!! Estuve solo para dos noches pero me lo pase genial!!

• 4th Oct 2013

Very helpful staff!! Everything great!

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Wales

Staff were rude, everything else about the place was cool. Excluding the bartender from staff she was really nice!

Great value for your money. Staff is super helpful and nice. They have a cute terace and a bar, breakfast is good so i definetely recommend it!

Urbany is best hostel. Especially considering all the accomodations {25m. swimming pool, wet and dry sauna, jacuzzi, gym, comfortable beds, good cooking facilities in spacious kitchen, inexpensive drinks at bar with pool table, big screen TV's and computers available in lounge room, WIFI in whole building, comfortable beds in quiet/clean rooms (with shower/wc),which are secure with lockers} and professional/ helpful staff they provide in location close to Glories shopping center/ Poblenou beach.

There was an older spanish gentleman,between the ages of 30-40 who worked the night shift.Very rude and unhelpful.he refused help from a coworker when there was a line out of the door.All we wanted to do was check in and rest.Should be more customer service based and not so stubborn.

• 28th Sep 2013

Was a great place with great facilities. Definately above average and I recommend it to anyone in Barcelona!

• 27th Sep 2013