Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

amazing hostel, great friendly staff were really helpfull. great atmosphere highly recommend

• 13th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

I had a nice stay in this hostel. It had almot everything I needed; friendly and helpful staff, kitchen, bar, free breakfast (not great but okay), lockers in the room and wifi (worked good). If you are travelling alone (or not) it s easy to meet new people. Nice common area. Really enjoyed the free paella evening ;). Every night for 4 euros a bus takes you to some of the best clubs in town. You can leave your stuff in the luggage room when you check out. Would recommend!

We stayed in a two-bedroom en suite. Very clean room but there were hardly any shelves to store stuff on it especially in the bathroom. For this price we paid, the breakfast was unsatisfactory. Everything else was very much satisfactory, polite and helpful staff, clean Hostel. We enjoyed our stay a lot.

• 11th Sep 2014

It was an amazing place to stay very close to main places in Barcelona. Nice friendly atmosphere and brilliant way to meet people.

• 10th Sep 2014

The room was advertised as a twin.bed, but they only have 4 bunk beds. Toilet was smelling terrible.

• 8th Sep 2014

Best hostel I've stayed at for comfort- it's got all the luxury of a hotel. Rooms feel brand new and are equipped with big lockers, nice bathroom and a hair straightener! (Loved that). Walking distance to a big shopping centre, would probably need to catch public transport to La Rambla street.

Liked my stay very much! Staff was super friendly and were always helpful. Christine was so great and welcoming!

• 4th Sep 2014

Very good place....good also the services and the atmosphere...not so good the cleaning

• 2nd Sep 2014

The people and the atmosphere were jusr amazing! If you re looking for fun this is the right place!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Really enjoyed our stay here, they had activities every night, really secure hotel with key card entry to lockers in the dorm Room. Only thing I found strange was the shower, didn't have taps was a push start shower and the water would only last 30 seconds before you had to press it again and it would run from hot to cold. I would stay here again without hesitate next time I visit

Great stay at a great hostel.All my belongings felt extremely secure and any questions I had were answered effectively and with genuine care.The activities at night time made it really easy to meet others and ensured that I never had a dull evening!The room, bathroom facilities and kitchen were always kept remarkably clean and were well equipped with all the necessary technical appliances - plug sockets, usb ports etc.One of the best hostels I've stayed in, will be returning if i get the chance!

This hostel was easy to find from the metro station. Included very basic breakfast. There was no air con or fans in the rooms and they are unable to open the windows for you which is a bit of a pain when it's hot and our six bed room got very stuffy. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Good wifi throughout .

Well located for getting to/from airport but no POI walkable other than Sagrada Familia. Very social atmosphere, easy to meet people. They have events or meals in the hostel bar every night. Wasn't happy that I had stuff from my locker moved to another locker and had to move bed, wasn't well managed by the staff allocating me the wrong bed in the system. Also gym/pool is not included, incase you're under the impression it is (like I was), 8.70 EUR extra for a day pass

It's giant, and feels more like a hotel than a cozy, personable hostel. The accommodations were fine, but the experience was pretty average; we didn't feel connected to the staff or the other visitors at all.

Dear guest, everyday we have events including tapas and paella made by our staff, karaoke, quiz and many other activities, then we have our party bus that give us a ride to the best night-clubs like Opium,Shoko and others, we really try our best to provide a good experience for our travelers and give them the chance to interact and make new friends, but in this case we apologize for not being able to reach your expectations. Thank you for writing us a review and we hope to see you back!

As any other hostel it has it's pro and cons, the hostel it's very good in almost every aspect the only problems are: - not perfect cleaning of the blankets and towel ( witch you take at the check in and leave at the check out) - from 6 floor up al windows are sealed and there's an always on AC with no controls, sometimes it right, sometimes it is too cold. -if you get there before 1pm, the day of the check in, remember to tell the staff at what time do you get there while you are booking.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Clean seemingly new hostel with great dorms, location was a bit of a pain to the beach and main stip, not much going on there at night I found so we went to other hostels for pre's, I suggest the other urbany hostel (BCN GO)

• 19th Aug 2014

The service at the hostal was not very helpful/slightly rude. We had already planned to switch hostels (4 of us) when I found out my bed had been switched and my locker had therefore changed to someone elses locker. This is awful because no one told me and my stuff was still in it and I couldn't get into it but a stranger had the key. This security is completely lax.

• 16th Aug 2014

Please allow us to apologize because your experience wasn't on the standard stated for Urbany Hostels. We are working on improving our service to avoid situations like the one you described. Thank you for writing the review.

One of the best hostel experiences ever. Definitely the place to stay in Barcelona if you want to make a lot of friends and have fun!

This is the best hostel that I've stayed at! The staff is sooo nice. I had so much fun here because they have a tematic evening every night like karaoke night, drinking games night, tapas and paella night where you eat traditional food really cheap. And the best part is that after all this, every night they have this great deal that you pay 4 euro and have a shot included, a trip with the bus and free entrance in the best clubs of Barcelona!! Just loved it! I will definitely return here!!

Nice place to stay if your looking to party. The gym and pool cost quite a lot of money though and I ran out of blimming toilet paper for 2 days!

Dear guest, on our website and during the booking process, we mention and make clear all the extra charges, and the gym is not a service offer by the hostel. We apologize for the incident you faced with the toilet paper, that should be replace everyday, in any case we always have extra toilet paper at reception. Thank you for your comment and hope to see you again.