Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

This hostel was easy to find from the metro station. Included very basic breakfast. There was no air con or fans in the rooms and they are unable to open the windows for you which is a bit of a pain when it's hot and our six bed room got very stuffy. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Good wifi throughout .

Well located for getting to/from airport but no POI walkable other than Sagrada Familia. Very social atmosphere, easy to meet people. They have events or meals in the hostel bar every night. Wasn't happy that I had stuff from my locker moved to another locker and had to move bed, wasn't well managed by the staff allocating me the wrong bed in the system. Also gym/pool is not included, incase you're under the impression it is (like I was), 8.70 EUR extra for a day pass

It's giant, and feels more like a hotel than a cozy, personable hostel. The accommodations were fine, but the experience was pretty average; we didn't feel connected to the staff or the other visitors at all.

Dear guest, everyday we have events including tapas and paella made by our staff, karaoke, quiz and many other activities, then we have our party bus that give us a ride to the best night-clubs like Opium,Shoko and others, we really try our best to provide a good experience for our travelers and give them the chance to interact and make new friends, but in this case we apologize for not being able to reach your expectations. Thank you for writing us a review and we hope to see you back!

As any other hostel it has it's pro and cons, the hostel it's very good in almost every aspect the only problems are: - not perfect cleaning of the blankets and towel ( witch you take at the check in and leave at the check out) - from 6 floor up al windows are sealed and there's an always on AC with no controls, sometimes it right, sometimes it is too cold. -if you get there before 1pm, the day of the check in, remember to tell the staff at what time do you get there while you are booking.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Clean seemingly new hostel with great dorms, location was a bit of a pain to the beach and main stip, not much going on there at night I found so we went to other hostels for pre's, I suggest the other urbany hostel (BCN GO)

• 19th Aug 2014

The service at the hostal was not very helpful/slightly rude. We had already planned to switch hostels (4 of us) when I found out my bed had been switched and my locker had therefore changed to someone elses locker. This is awful because no one told me and my stuff was still in it and I couldn't get into it but a stranger had the key. This security is completely lax.

• 16th Aug 2014

Please allow us to apologize because your experience wasn't on the standard stated for Urbany Hostels. We are working on improving our service to avoid situations like the one you described. Thank you for writing the review.

One of the best hostel experiences ever. Definitely the place to stay in Barcelona if you want to make a lot of friends and have fun!

This is the best hostel that I've stayed at! The staff is sooo nice. I had so much fun here because they have a tematic evening every night like karaoke night, drinking games night, tapas and paella night where you eat traditional food really cheap. And the best part is that after all this, every night they have this great deal that you pay 4 euro and have a shot included, a trip with the bus and free entrance in the best clubs of Barcelona!! Just loved it! I will definitely return here!!

Nice place to stay if your looking to party. The gym and pool cost quite a lot of money though and I ran out of blimming toilet paper for 2 days!

Dear guest, on our website and during the booking process, we mention and make clear all the extra charges, and the gym is not a service offer by the hostel. We apologize for the incident you faced with the toilet paper, that should be replace everyday, in any case we always have extra toilet paper at reception. Thank you for your comment and hope to see you again.

I have stayed at this hostel twice now, and the next time I'm in barcelona ill be staying here again. The price is amazing, the atmosphere is better, and the rooms are very clean. The only draw back is that they accept groups of school children, and they also have some people who stay there forever and literally dont leave the room and stink. Be aware you may need to ask to change rooms

One of the worst experiences I've had! The positive: electronic facilities. Warm beds. Working wifi. Personal light & charger. The negative: Staff. When I arrived on a Sat, I tried to pay my large hostel bill, but they didn't accept my 200 Euro bill. Not a written policy, but a surprise. On Sun, they yelled at me for not paying, making a big scene. Banks don't open until Mon. Another girl in our room was robbed. The staff treated her terribly. Appalling customer service! Spoiled Barcelona.

aircondition inside is very noisy, bring bad impact on sleeping.

Hostel quite near to the city centre. Personal welcoming and multilingual but not professional. Average room with locker inside and ensuite bathroom. But both very dirty, especially the bathroom. It was a long kind of dirty not a new one ;-) In a six place room the window cannot be opened for security reason. As you can imagine not a fresh and nice air in a hostel room. Air condition in every room: you will frozen at night ;-) Average breakfast, nothing special. Not so bad but I won't go back.

This is the worst hostel my boyfriend and I have ever stayed at and we have been traveling for 2 months! The STAFF is the worst people we have ever meet such rude and arrogant people! If you arrive early don't even bother going to this hostel they ask you to leave the facilities and come back at check in time! As a backpacker where are you supposed to go if you arrive early?? They don't allow you to stay in there common areas! And they CHARGE you for EVERYTHING! Don't stay here!!

Although the rooms were a little cramped, there was still a nice friendly atmosphere

• 1st Aug 2014

the facilities are excellent and worth the price. Each bed has its own plug and light. However, the location is a bit far from tourist spot. But it is good that it is near the metro and train station.

very nice staying for few days I was in a room were the other occupiers were dirty ...but is not hostel fault

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Spain

this is a partyhostel. most of the guests are 18-25 and are taking part in the party-bus-program (4€ = one shot, free entrance and free bus ride). if you like to party, that is your hostel. the breakfast is very basic (toast, cheese, ham, salami, cereals), but you get coffee and something they call juice for free. breakfast hours are from 8-10. it is not the citycenter, where urbany is located. 3min from it you have a metro/local train, the nightbus stops directly in front of the hostel.

• 30th Jul 2014

Staying at this hostel made my one day in Barcelona completely worth all the stress of traveling. The staff was extremely helpful and made some really amazing suggestions. I was also lucky enough to arrive on the night they were serving tapas the terrace; this might have been my favorite part of the trip. With 1 euro tapas and free sangria my night was already pretty good but then mojitos happened and then the party bus to the beach happened and let's just say my night was epic.

wow what can i say about this hostel its certainly one i wont forget! it definitely has its good and bad points. #good! They have the most friendliest staff of a hostel i have stayed in, there was a mix up with my room when i first checked, but the guy was really helpful and offered me a free drink to say sorry. the rooms were so clean and cold., the bar and terrace at night was so much fun.# bad 100's little french kids running around and taking over the place was soo annoying.