Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

Staff were really helpful and friendly, took the party bus to the beach clubs in the evening which was fun. Location is good as it's really easy to get the centre and the beach, either walking or by metro.

• 9th Jun 2015

The staff in this place are amazing, full of useful information, FUN and actually made my stay. There's always plenty going on from games, food nights, and party buses. Generally a super cool atmosphere! Made so many friends with both travellers and the events staff. Can't wait to go back!

Great experience! I was traveling alone and everyone was so friendly like including the staff! Very happy with the service! Great hostel with great security!

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Armenia

Was told €10 deposit would be returned with key, but the next morning they changed it to being a deposit for if I left late. I left 30m late and the deposit was equal the cost of my room fee. A penalty, fine, but double the original amount was excessive and more than I had to spare. I've never had a hostel charge for leaving around the set time, and the fees proposed were clearly detailed and not excessive. WATCH OUT: Price for room fluctuates by the day/demand. My bed went from €10 to €26

Hola! Thank you for staying with Urbany Hostels. We are sorry you had to deal with being charged a penalty for checking out late but it is clearly stated on our website that you need to be checked out by 10:30 in the morning. We are on a strict cleaning schedule, so any delays causes issues for new guests checking in, anyways we always give a lot of extra time. I hope you enjoyed your time in Barcelona! Best regards, the Urbany Team

Had a great time at this hostel with my friend! Offered many different activities and had some nice dinner options depending on the day of the week. A lot more little kids staying there then expected though but didn't bother us too much. About a mile walk from the beach but the walk is nice and doesn't take too long. Overall a nice hostel to stay at!

Hola! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our hostel! It is so important for us to build a fun atmosphere and we are glad we achieved that for you and your friend. Hope you come back soon! Best regards, the Urbany Team

There's also no Sauna, gym and that kind of thing. You actually only pay for a bed in a tiny room that's not even cleaned. We wanted to take the party shuttle that's supposed to be there every night but it didn't run at that night, which we only found out when we asked. Nobody told us even though we signed up for it. The staff was really unfriendly, too. Also, it wasn't easy to get to know people because most of the guestswere classes

We are sorry that you were displeased with your experience at our hostel. You do have access to a gym and sauna but you have to pay for it. We apologize if your room was not clean when you arrived. We have staff at the reception 24 hours a day to take care of any issues like this, so please do not hesitate to visit the front desk next time. As for the party bus, it is offered every night but if there is not enough people, we do not take the bus but instead a taxi to the clubs. Best regards!

Our room, 1001, was absolutely digusting. We got there and it smelled like mold. the restroom had mold in every corner. The tiny bathroom smelled like it had not been cleaned regularly by the staff. Also this hostel needs to change their shower knobs. The air conditioning was not working when we got there. The staff was notified but timeliness was not good. Our key card kept getting deactivated, and we could not access the laundry facility multiple times.

Hola! We apologize for all the issues you had during your stay at our hostel. Your feedback is very important to us so we can cater more to guests needs. Thank you notifying the staff about issues you were having so we could go ahead and fix them. We apologize for the timeliness but our maintenance crew works on emergencies first and then on a first come serve basis. We hope you enjoyed your time in Barcelona! Best regards, the Urbany Team

The hostel was very modern and felt very safe. The biggest thing was that I felt like I was living in a dorm. The eating area/hang out are set up like a cafeteria. It isn't very homey. But besides that it is a great hostel. Not in walking distance of the historic areas of barcelona but near a metro and other shops/restaurants.

Hola! Thank you for staying with Urbany Hostels. We are glad to hear that you felt safe at our hostel. We really appreciate your feedback on how you prefer a more homey feel when staying at a hostel. We hope you enjoyed your time in Barcelona! Best regards, the Urbany Team

They want city taxes from us. Why they didn't want when we reserved the hotel? Why they didn't say when we reserved the hotel? It was not good. We paid the city taxes but they didn't give me the bill. How we get our money from my company?

I have 6 months of backpacking experience. This hostel was not the worst hostel but it wasn't the best. You pay extra for sheets and luggage storage facilities which cheaper hostels would often give as a free service. The kitchen was ok-smelt like wet towels often and not that clean. Shower-temperamental between hot and cold. The location was ok- i used a metro often to get around. Kids in large groups stay there too which make common areas crowded. not really value for money. OK overall.

Hola! Thank you for staying with Urbany Hostels. Thank you for your feedback on different things we could improve on. We apologize for the kitchen issue, but it is true since people are coming and going on a daily basis, using the kitchen at any time etc, they could be messy moments during the day. We hope you enjoyed your time spent in Barcelona and at our hostel. Best regards, the Urbany Team

Some employees seemed to be a little confused on how to do things and what information to pass on. We were told the private room already sheets that we didn't have to rent any and at check out the employee there kept asking about our sheets with a weird face and we realized what was on our bed were not sheets. Being our first time there it didn't occur to us that those weren't sheets just mattress covers. So disgusted by that after.

The bathrooms were not very good. It was clean but there was no drain passage for water outside the shower area. A drain is necessary outside the shower area because whenever we have a shower or wash our face in basin, water get split on the floor, making it looking dirty.

Hola! Thank you for staying with Urbany Hostels. We apologize for the lack of drainage in the bathroom. Your feedback is super important to us so thank you for this review. Hope you enjoyed your time in Barcelona! Best regards, the Urbany Team

Facilities are excellent, but the hostel is too large and it does not have spirit. Staff is not very nice and some of them even do not speak spanish. They are obsessive with the check out time, we left one hour later and we lost our deposit (10€ per person) and the staff was really rude with us. Don't go to this hostel if you want to enjoy Barcelona.

Hola! Thank you for staying at Urbany Hostels. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our facility. About the staff we apologize for not being able to reach your expectations, sometimes when reception is too busy is not easy to give the attention that every costumer deserves. We do have a strict check out time due to the tight cleaning schedule our hostel is on, so we can get the new guests in on the right time and they don´t have to wait. Hope you enjoyed Barcelona! Best regards, the Urbany Team

Staff are beyond great. Super helpful and super fun. Cheap rooms in a new building a medium walk or short metro trip to the beach. Would recommend.

Hola! Thank you for staying at Urbany Hostels. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our hostel. We strive to create a fun atmosphere with helpful staff members. Hope you come back and visit soon! Best regards, the Urbany Team

Great atmosphere and great staff. Also using the room keys for cheap club tickets made mine and my friends holiday.

• 8th May 2015

This is my second stay at this place, I love the female dorms which are really well equipped and the position is absolutely fine for my personal needs. I found out they improved breakfast a little bit . Probably due to low season I was alone in the room which I really appreciate but unfortunately room was not so well cleaned (paper below the bunk bed)

The staff is great but the cleanliness could be stepped up.

• 5th May 2015

Brilliant bar and atmosphere, will definitley be staying again! great value for money!

• 2nd May 2015

For the price, this hostel isn´t bad if you are looking bed, but if you are hoping to meet people and party in Barcelona...then I would not recommend this hostel. Its a bit far from a lot of clubs, although the metro isn´t far away. There was also a student group and some families at this hostel...not what I pictured from a party hostel. On the plus side, hostel was clean and the staff was generally helpful.

I didn't like the hostel, it's not worth the money paid, it's far from everything including the beach (30 minutes walking) its ranking "one of the best hostel to party", that's a lie, wouldn't recommend it!!!

• 10th Apr 2015