Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Probably the worst hostel breakfast I've ever had. The variety was fine, but the quality was terrible. The location was pretty inconvenient for sightseeing, although the surrounding neighbourhood was nice. The beds were comfortable and the ensuite bathrooms were clean and quite nice. The kitchen was disgusting and not well equipped. I wouldn't recommend it for solo or long term travellers.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with our "all you can eat free breakfast",but I'm pleased to inform you that we are working to improve its quality.Very soon we will be offering a better quality of coffee and juices,and we will also add to the list some salami,ham and cheese.About the kitchen sometimes is hard to control it,because not everyone wash their dishes after cooking, but we´ll pay more attention to it.I want to welcome you back to Urbany so you can see the the improvements.

2nd stay this time. extremely happy. But they should not charge for bed sheets!.. that is basic.

Meh. I was recommended this place from people in another hostel and I was totally unimpressed. It is a mile away from anything in a sketchy part of town. I would never recommend this place and would not stay here again

We are always pleased to read our customers reviews since it is a way to improve our service and increase our customer's satisfaction.Nevertheless our hostel is located in a safe and calm area,3 minutes walking distance from the metro station,and it takes less than ten minutes to be in the city center.The hostel is also surrounded by touristic places such as Sagrada Familia,and not far from the beach as well.We apologize for the disappointment you had experienced,and we hope to see you again.

ABSOLUTE WORST BREAKFAST. The coffee was terrible, the cereal was tasteless, and the jam was basically liquid and also tasteless. If you're staying here, you might as well wait for one of those 1,95-2,50 euro coffee and pastry breakfast deals anywhere in the city. Other than that, the place was close to the metro which not only takes you around the city but also to the airport.

I am pleased to inform you that we are working on improving our ‘’ all you can eat free breakfast’’. Very soon we will be offering a better quality of coffee and juices, and we will also add to the list some salami, ham and cheese. We hope that by improving our breakfast our customers will be receiving the value they expect. Thank you for your comment and hope to see you again in Urbany hostel! Best regards, Urbany Staff

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in! However it definitely is for the younger crowd probably 18-30. It has a social zone with a tv, computers, a bar and a lovely terrace. The breakfast is nowhere near as bad as others have said, yes its not 5* but we werent paying for 5*. It is 30 seconds walk from clot metro meaning you could be at the sagrada familia in 5 minutes and plaza catalunya in 10. There is a shop across the road and bars in the local area also. Overall a great place to stay!

I really think I never had such value/money quality in my Hostel-life. Will recommend for sure.

If you stay in Barcelona, here's your place. Location a block from a tram, less than 5 minutes from Torre Agbar (and grocery stores, mall, pharmacy, several small restaurants, and Starbucks if needed.) Staff friendly and accommodating. Clean linens. Key cards that work both to your room and the main entrance overnight. Lockers to rent during the day if you have to check out before your flight leaves the city, very reasonably priced. Not sure what else you want for this price. Basically a hotel.

• 29th Nov 2013

There was a leak on the roof on above the shower that came from the shower of the room above mine. I informed it 3 times and they did nothing about it. Other than that everything was okay.

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Argentina

We are very thankful for your time to write a review. On behalf of our staff I would like to apologize for the leak, and for not handling the problem well. We hope to see you again in our hostel!Best regards, Urbany Staff

This hostel was neat. The reception desk was a pain, only two people at the counter with computers that are extremely slow, when there were so many people always in the reception lobby area. 3rd floor had more desks/chairs than just places to hang out, it was really awkward meeting other people this way. Wish I would have known the times for the pool ahead of time, thought it would be open much longer. Loved the hair straighteners in the Pink Rooms (very useful). Breakfast should be till 1030!

We would like to thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We are working on improving our services, and especially our software system. Concerning our 3rd floor, we try to offer a variety of services such as the bar, TV, computers with internet, sofas, as well as the nice terrace, where customers can meet and socialize. We are pleased to hear that our our pink rooms specialized for girls were helpful. We apologize for not being able to reach your expectations. Hope to see you again!

Urbany is a brilliant home base for exploring Barcelona. Easily accessible to the city and major tourist destinations. Rooms are large, clean and the vibe here is fantastic!

I travelled for a few weeks and enjoyed every hostel I stayed at except for this one!! SO dirty. The housekeeping doesn't change the bed sheet or pillowcase when they make up the beds....all they do is smooth everything out and fold the duvet! Who knows how many bodies have touched those beds. So disgusting. Also the staff is painfully slow so be prepared to wait when you try to check in. And don't bother with the "dinner" that they advertise at the bar, they are out of 7 of the 10 items. No lie

Please allow us to apologise because your experience wasn't on the standard stated for Urbany Hostels. Aparently,there was a misscommunitation. Thank's for bringing this matter to us. Please let me explain the measures taken: Company's policy is offer to the costumers clean bed linnen to avoid sleeping over the same matress cover&duvet used,so this surprised us because you should've been given clean linnen.We give to the costumer a personalized attention,this makes the process a bite longer.

This is like a hotel-hostel. Its huge! Its really clean, the bathrooms are inside the rooms, it has good common places and includes breakfasts. The bad thing is as its so big you loose this typical atmosphere of hostels where everybody can meet racha other... The other bad thing is that its almost an hour walking from the center of the city, but you have the metro across the street.

loved my stay! the staff was helpful and friendly as were the other backpackers in the hostel. It was clean, safe, and they provided us with tips on what to do in the city!

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Ecuador

Great atmosphere, met a lot of people. The roof terrace is absolute the best thing I've seen in any hostel yet. Also the fact that you can bring your own drinks is excellent. At first i thought the room was disappointing since there where only 2 bunk beds and no table or anything, but the great common room + terrace makes up for that! Will recommend :)

When I first arrived after an incredibly long day of travel the male receptionists was so incredibly rude to me, I wanted to file a complaint right then and there. I had to make changes to my travel plans and he was talking trash about me in spanish to his coworker. Little did he know that I understand what Puta means in spanish. Would not reccommend this place to any solo travelers. Or anyone looking for a welcoming experience. Commercial, big, unwelcoming. No thank you.

• 1st Nov 2013

Dear Alissa , Please accept our sincerest apologies. I have shared your review with the Team and we are very shocked and disappointed by the descriptions in it. We really think it was a misunderstanding, cause we always try our best to provide a good experience for our travelers. Thank you for your comment, hope to see you again and have the chance to change your opinion.

I am satisfied,nice price !

Great that breakfast was included, beds were sooo comfortable, great secure lockers with key card, close to metro, little weird of an area but still pretty, nice staff!

• 30th Oct 2013

One of the best hostels I've ever staied

Nice hostel, but maybe not suitable for me. More like party hostel and lots of teenagers, 12-15 year old. The rooms are good with own toilet and shower. And the free gym was good, that is why I wanted to come to this hostel.

I just loved! Very good option for staying! N'hésitez pas!