Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

One of the worst experiences I've had! The positive: electronic facilities. Warm beds. Working wifi. Personal light & charger. The negative: Staff. When I arrived on a Sat, I tried to pay my large hostel bill, but they didn't accept my 200 Euro bill. Not a written policy, but a surprise. On Sun, they yelled at me for not paying, making a big scene. Banks don't open until Mon. Another girl in our room was robbed. The staff treated her terribly. Appalling customer service! Spoiled Barcelona.

aircondition inside is very noisy, bring bad impact on sleeping.

Hostel quite near to the city centre. Personal welcoming and multilingual but not professional. Average room with locker inside and ensuite bathroom. But both very dirty, especially the bathroom. It was a long kind of dirty not a new one ;-) In a six place room the window cannot be opened for security reason. As you can imagine not a fresh and nice air in a hostel room. Air condition in every room: you will frozen at night ;-) Average breakfast, nothing special. Not so bad but I won't go back.

This is the worst hostel my boyfriend and I have ever stayed at and we have been traveling for 2 months! The STAFF is the worst people we have ever meet such rude and arrogant people! If you arrive early don't even bother going to this hostel they ask you to leave the facilities and come back at check in time! As a backpacker where are you supposed to go if you arrive early?? They don't allow you to stay in there common areas! And they CHARGE you for EVERYTHING! Don't stay here!!

Although the rooms were a little cramped, there was still a nice friendly atmosphere

• 1st Aug 2014

the facilities are excellent and worth the price. Each bed has its own plug and light. However, the location is a bit far from tourist spot. But it is good that it is near the metro and train station.

very nice staying for few days I was in a room were the other occupiers were dirty ...but is not hostel fault

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Spain

this is a partyhostel. most of the guests are 18-25 and are taking part in the party-bus-program (4€ = one shot, free entrance and free bus ride). if you like to party, that is your hostel. the breakfast is very basic (toast, cheese, ham, salami, cereals), but you get coffee and something they call juice for free. breakfast hours are from 8-10. it is not the citycenter, where urbany is located. 3min from it you have a metro/local train, the nightbus stops directly in front of the hostel.

• 30th Jul 2014

Staying at this hostel made my one day in Barcelona completely worth all the stress of traveling. The staff was extremely helpful and made some really amazing suggestions. I was also lucky enough to arrive on the night they were serving tapas the terrace; this might have been my favorite part of the trip. With 1 euro tapas and free sangria my night was already pretty good but then mojitos happened and then the party bus to the beach happened and let's just say my night was epic.

wow what can i say about this hostel its certainly one i wont forget! it definitely has its good and bad points. #good! They have the most friendliest staff of a hostel i have stayed in, there was a mix up with my room when i first checked, but the guy was really helpful and offered me a free drink to say sorry. the rooms were so clean and cold., the bar and terrace at night was so much fun.# bad 100's little french kids running around and taking over the place was soo annoying.

The WIFI seems very sketchy. Moreover, it's quite unreliable and it's really annoying that you need to log in with your social media account to get access (which usually doesn't even work!!). The hostel itself is really great - friendly staff, cool common room... However, I really dislike the wifi situation, and in my opinion, a contract with a gym nearby where I'd have to pay 7€ per day doesn't count as "indoor pool and gym"!!

There should be more options during the breakfast. For example, cookies and fruit.

Fantastic hostel, very helpful staff, clean and includes free breakfast which is always a plus! Location isn't so great but there is a tube and train line nearby that takes you to all the mains sites so still great! Only main issue is the wifi situation: sometimes it works great, other times it continuously cuts off. Also they want all your social network details which I didn't feel comfortable sharing. Apart from those two small bumps, definitely recommend it for young travellers

My friends and I loved this hostel!! The atmosphere was really cool, especially on the 3rd floor common area. There was always something going on or cool people to hang out with. The terrace and bar area is huge- biggest/nicest I've ever seen for a hostel. The staff was great and they have this awesome deal every night to go to one of the different clubs on a party bus. If you're looking to meet a lot of cool people and experience the barcelona nightlife, stay here!

• 17th Jul 2014

This is one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed in. The rooms are nice with huge lockers for each person and bathrooms in the rooms. Reception staff was nice and very helpful with questions. I really loved the atmosphere and staff on the third floor. There is a huge bar area and terrace where everyone hangs out. I was able to meet a lot of people and made friends with other travelers and staff. This is a great place for anyone traveling alone or people looking to make friends.

• 15th Jul 2014

Nice place, my first huge hostel. Just a heads up to the older travelers, you may be bunked with a bunch of teenagers. Other then that, the place was nice.

A large clean hostel With everything by the book. Easy train access to the airport 3 blocks away. With the city metro all areas of the city are accessible, this is the kind of hostel that is so modern that you won't get that "hostel experience" but will have a safe clean place to stay and helpful staff.

Great staff. Too many teens started arriving, lost it's mature atmosphere but still good. Very close to all things, 3 minutes to metro nice. Overall good experience. I would return.

• 9th Jul 2014

This hostel sucked. There were young kids (like 12 or younger) running around everywhere, staff at desk not so helpful, and it was so large that the social vibe was just partying and not hanging out meeting cool people. If that's what you're looking for then it's a good option. The rooms themselves were decent with secure lockers that open by electronic key card. Location right near metro but far away from everything else. All the kids running around were off-putting.

Please allow us to apologize because your experience wasn't on the standard stated for Urbany Hostels.Everyday we have activities including quiz,bingo,karaoke,tapas,paella, etc to increase our social atmosphere,and we also try to create a confortable common area for all types of travelers of all ages.Nevertheless our hostel is located in a safe and calm area, 3 minutes walking distance from the metro station with the central line 1,that takes less than 10 minutes to get to Pl. Catalunya.Thanks!

The hostel suggests that they have a swimming pool, but there is none. There's only a public swimming pool in the area and you have to pay the normal entrance price for it, but after asking the staff calls it 'service'.. We also had to wait half an hour after check-in time, because the room wasn't cleaned yet. Good about the hostel is that's clean and the breakfast is ok.

Thank you for writing the review.Please accept our sincerest apologies about the waiting for the check-in,but unfortunately when costumers don´t leave the room on time for the check out, it delays the whole cleaning process and once in a while it could affect the costumers that are checking in,but no excuses,we´ll pay more attention to it and improve this aspect.About the pool issue,on the websites and during the booking process,we mention and make clear what are the free services we offer.Thanks