Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

This hostel sucked. There were young kids (like 12 or younger) running around everywhere, staff at desk not so helpful, and it was so large that the social vibe was just partying and not hanging out meeting cool people. If that's what you're looking for then it's a good option. The rooms themselves were decent with secure lockers that open by electronic key card. Location right near metro but far away from everything else. All the kids running around were off-putting.

Please allow us to apologize because your experience wasn't on the standard stated for Urbany Hostels.Everyday we have activities including quiz,bingo,karaoke,tapas,paella, etc to increase our social atmosphere,and we also try to create a confortable common area for all types of travelers of all ages.Nevertheless our hostel is located in a safe and calm area, 3 minutes walking distance from the metro station with the central line 1,that takes less than 10 minutes to get to Pl. Catalunya.Thanks!

The hostel suggests that they have a swimming pool, but there is none. There's only a public swimming pool in the area and you have to pay the normal entrance price for it, but after asking the staff calls it 'service'.. We also had to wait half an hour after check-in time, because the room wasn't cleaned yet. Good about the hostel is that's clean and the breakfast is ok.

Thank you for writing the review.Please accept our sincerest apologies about the waiting for the check-in,but unfortunately when costumers don´t leave the room on time for the check out, it delays the whole cleaning process and once in a while it could affect the costumers that are checking in,but no excuses,we´ll pay more attention to it and improve this aspect.About the pool issue,on the websites and during the booking process,we mention and make clear what are the free services we offer.Thanks

Really good hostel to stay at. Really clean, good facilities. There's a party bus every night that takes you to clubs where you get free entry. Not really strict on you. The location is a bit far away from la ramblas etc but next to a shopping complex so that's good

Awesome place full stop, party every night. Just a little far from the beach, but not a problem if you have legs.

The urbany hostel is in walking distance from the estacion nord which was really good because I lost my purse and had no money or cards and it was close to midnight.. the staff was really nice and helpful, especially figuring out what to do because of my purse :) I didnt like the hostel itself so much, although the rooms are nice and clean and the free breakfast is also good, but its soo huge and as I am travelling on my own I felt a bit lost. But all in all it wasnt so bad :) Thank you guys!

This is a really nice hostel. We stayed in a 4 bed dorm that was really clean and convenient. However, the 8 bed dorms are a bit grimy. Be careful when signing up for the various food nights. I signed up and paid but it wasn't ready at the time they stated, so I took a walk and came back. When I came back, it was gone and they wouldn't refund me my money. Also, this is a party hostel. The average age was like 20, so I could hear drunk kids at all hours of the night. Overall, it's a great place.

Great place to meet people and socialize. Location is good, easy to metro or walk most place within the core of the city. Recommend this hostel.

We were put in a staff bedroom for our stay. As the staff were always gone, and didn't seem to make an effort with us I found the concept of mixing staff and guests together a bad idea.

The room was in a shocking state. Probably the worst I have ever stayed in. There was constant noise outside the sleeping areas (kids and their teachers screaming and talking at the top of their lungs)

• 30th Jun 2014

We are always pleased to read our customers reviews since it is a way to improve our service. The cleaning staff clean the rooms once a day but since it´s a hostel with rooms to share, people coming and going on a daily basis and sleeping on different times, it could happen that the state of the room is not the best, also we all expect other guests to be as much organized as they can and is not always the case either. Accept our sincerest apologies and we hope you can give us a second chance.

Breakfast is free but is way below average quality. It is a rather expensive hostel (we stayed at 10 hostels in a month, this was the most expensive). The rooms where dirty when we got there and they did not clean our room for three days. In a room with 8 people in it, you can imagine the smell, specially when the ventilation is awful. They host large groups of teenagers (50 to 90 students, very young). Elevators, hallways and common areas get crowded. Oh! and they charge for sheets!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

This hostel was great all around! The morning and afternoon staff were very helpful and very nice. I didn't get up in time for breakfast, but the food menu was pretty good.

one of the best hostels I have been into!

The hostel is really close to the metro, and you can walk (a while) to some sights. The sheets and towels need to be rented, and most people in my room used just the mattress cover, duvet, and uncovered pillow - which I think makes the place really dirty. The womens' dorm bathrooms are well equipped, although you have to press the water button every 15 seconds or so. The common areas are comfortable, and the kitchen is roomy. Key card system is great. Helpful staff!

Great communal area with a good buzz of people making it easy to meet people. Bedrooms really comfortable and clean!

• 11th Jun 2014

The Wifi was almost perfect, the staffs were very friendly and helpfull. The room was small but comfortable, it's enough for few days!

It's a big hostel, well runned and with awesome staff! The only problem I'd point are the showers, based on the "push buttom" system, that's quite annoying, and the bathrooms aways gets flooded. But they have nice discounts to nightclubs, an awesome bar to predrinks and they run a bus to the nightclubs! The location is not near the main city points, but it's ridiculously easy to find and the metro station is close to it. I'll stay there again when I come back to Barcelona!!

We only stayed there for one night, but it's very clean and a well organized hostel. Keycards to access both the room and individual lockers. The room had a nice temperature (we were there in mid June) and the hostel had a lot of events/happenings planned for the evening. The room also included a basic breakfast which was good for the price. The hostel is located within walking distance to sagrada familia, but it's a pretty far walk from the city center.

• Sweden

This hostel it's simply amazing! For starters, the staff is very cool,relaxed and friendly particularly, the common room ones, events like tapas dinner, bingo, quiz, karaoke are organized inside the hostel, and afterwords pub crawl too, I've never seen something like this in a hostel! Furthermore, it's so well located. Free breakfast was great, very smart design for a hostel.

• 9th Jun 2014

Awesome place to meet people, really fun, The staff was really friendly and easy going. There was a beautiful view from the terrace ;) great time and location is really good, central metro line in the front door and by walk you can get to Sagrada familia and other places. Social part in the hostel is amazing, bar atmosphere outstanding!

• 9th Jun 2014

It wasnt the best hostel ever but it is very well located, plus it is cheap! Restrooms are not as clean as in many other places but it was alright! not too much atmosphere honestly! many old people crashing in this hostel!