Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

Great place, runs like a hotel! Also free breakfast is amazing, never get rid of it….or you will lose your customers.

This hostel is in the middle of nowhere and is a child friendly hostel. It accommodates several large families while I was there who were mostly children. These children stayed up until 11pm minimum and took over the common room

Nevertheless our hostel is located in a safe and calm area, 3 minutes walking distance from the metro station with the central line 1, that takes less than 10 minutes to get to Pl. Catalunya. The hostel is also surrounded by touristic places such as Sagrada Familia, Agbar building, National theater, Encants Market, etc, and close to the beach as well. In our common room we do activities everyday and we try to create an atmosphere for all types of travelers of all ages. Thank you for your review!

This hostel was great and extremely comfortable. I have just two suggestions for Urbany. Firstly, please advise customers that exercise room and spa facilities are no longer included in the price beforehand. And secondly, being that the rooms are small, we should be allowed to open the window to let in fresh air.

• 18th Apr 2014

Definitely the best hostel in which I have stayed so far!Staff is really fun,outgoing,and ready to help you and make your stay in Barcelona wondeful!The location is really good,just one minute from the metro and the building has a big terrace,which is the ideal place to spend a sunny afternoon and meet new people from around the world!Don't miss the chance to take advantage of the free entrance to the biggest clubs of the city with the hostel card,and just enjoy Barcelona-the best city in europe

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Greece

Staff friendly and knowledgable,travel desk was great. Loved the evening activities arranged by staff which was good for meeting fellow travellers from around the world and going party afterwords. 100 % Recommended!!

• 13th Apr 2014

Probably the best hostel that I've stayed in my Europe trip. Will definitely recommend to everyone.

Sheets are a necessity and guests should NOT be expected to pay for something so basic. Bathrooms/showers are in subpar condition and need repair. Common room is picnic style tables so it feels awkward. No organized pub crawls, dinners, or walking tours. No privacy curtains on beds. Location sucks. Closest sights are a far walk to sagrada familia or far walk to razzmatazz. A 1+ hour walk to city center/las rambla. Staff wouldn't even look up when you walked in. Would not rec for solo travelers

Everyday we have activities including tapas made by our staff, then we go parting to the best clubs like Opium and Shoko(free entry) as you can read in other reviews.There is a bar, TV, computers/internet, sofas, great terrace, etc. For the Walking tours we have Sandeman doing it, worldwide known company. BCN has a great metro system, in front of the hostel you have line 1 that takes you to Ramblas in less than 10 minutes. Sagrada and Razz are 15 minutes walking distance. Thanks for the review!

My stay was great! Staff was helpful and friendly and we had no problems at all with our rooms. The atmosphere was lots of fun. They have a great terrace with amazing views. There were planned activities like tapas and karaoke at night for those who want to go out at night. During the day there is an infopoint with plenty of information for things to see and places to go. I will definitely be staying here when I return.

• 11th Apr 2014

the only problem is that everything that you want extra is very expensive: locker, towel and etc. but I had a great time! really good, clean!

The hostel was in a good location.The staff were unfailingly friendly and helpful, a lot of information was given. Urbany was a very sociable place to be for a single traveller, I felt safe and I never felt alone unless I wanted to be ! I was surprised at how good it was and the age range of the people staying there it was totally inclusive of all age ranges. I highly recommend Urbany to any traveller. The tapas night was perfect and it was a great atmosphere, good fun. I'll be back.

There were 2 girls working in the reception during the mornings, and they were really helpful and kind: we got to buy tickets from the reception to la sagrada familia and the sightseeing buses which was nice. The rooms and beds were really comfy, and clean. The breakfast on the other hand weren´t that impressive. It was free (or included in the price) but there wasn´t much to choose from, and it was a little dirty as well.

alright hostel, nice friendly staff who made sure you were enjoying yourself and who let us have a little bit of fun and drinking games. Many underage and large groups made you constantly feel in the way or out of place. Though the rooms were really small (i had to play ´footsies´with the bed next to mine because we didnt have enough room the steam, gym, suana and pool was pretty neat.

I think it is one of the cheapest hostels near Sagrada Familia.It is situated very near to the metro station.There are a lot of markets and cafes nearby.The view from the hostel is amasing.Safety and breakfast were really good,however I didn't like cleanliness because during my stay there wasn't any cleaning.Sheets were used before and in order to get clean ones I needed to pay(for towels too).There a good kitchen provided with necessary facilities.Staff is friendly and well informed.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Azerbaijan

Had a great time the staff were briliant, really friendly and always willing to help. Would recommend it to other travellers!

This hostel was awesome. The was friendly and spoke amazing Enlgish for those who might not speak Spanish. They also cleaned the rooms and made sure the bathroom was fully stocked in the mornings. The location was not ideal at first, but after exploring, it was close amazing resturanuts and some famous landmarks. Such a great experience, met great people and I definitely recommend staying here.

• 20th Mar 2014

The location was excellent, close to the metro . The facilities were quite good, the guest kitchen was a bit of a mess, only 2 fridges available out of 3, and the 3 rd fridge left on while broken so leaking water over the floor, with no signage . The kitchen was also a bit gross with stuff left everywhere and food still on the benches. The terrace was amazing to go it on and relax in the sun.

Cool place to stay. Close to the La Sagrada Familia Cathedral na to Clot Arago subway station wich will take you to anywhere.

What a brilliant place to stay! The staff are amongst some of the nicest people you will ever meet :) social areas in the hostel are brilliant if you fancy just staying in after a busy day in Barcelona theres always something to do on the evening! The hostel is in a brilliant location for getting around and very affordable for the location. Would honestly struggle to find something I didnt like about the place!

• 9th Mar 2014

Very friendly people - I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back in the future.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

It was my second time in Urbany, and it was even better! Overall the whole experience was outstanding and highly interesting and enjoyable. The staff were welcoming and full of tips, in this hostel you will have a small world happy to help you at any time with all kind of information. In general is Super social and that's when it gets better, I made friends in a split second. Out of nowhere, the whole hostel knew one another. And at midnight, the staff took us out to party!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »