Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

The hostel is really close to the metro, and you can walk (a while) to some sights. The sheets and towels need to be rented, and most people in my room used just the mattress cover, duvet, and uncovered pillow - which I think makes the place really dirty. The womens' dorm bathrooms are well equipped, although you have to press the water button every 15 seconds or so. The common areas are comfortable, and the kitchen is roomy. Key card system is great. Helpful staff!

Great communal area with a good buzz of people making it easy to meet people. Bedrooms really comfortable and clean!

• 11th Jun 2014

The Wifi was almost perfect, the staffs were very friendly and helpfull. The room was small but comfortable, it's enough for few days!

It's a big hostel, well runned and with awesome staff! The only problem I'd point are the showers, based on the "push buttom" system, that's quite annoying, and the bathrooms aways gets flooded. But they have nice discounts to nightclubs, an awesome bar to predrinks and they run a bus to the nightclubs! The location is not near the main city points, but it's ridiculously easy to find and the metro station is close to it. I'll stay there again when I come back to Barcelona!!

We only stayed there for one night, but it's very clean and a well organized hostel. Keycards to access both the room and individual lockers. The room had a nice temperature (we were there in mid June) and the hostel had a lot of events/happenings planned for the evening. The room also included a basic breakfast which was good for the price. The hostel is located within walking distance to sagrada familia, but it's a pretty far walk from the city center.

• Sweden

This hostel it's simply amazing! For starters, the staff is very cool,relaxed and friendly particularly, the common room ones, events like tapas dinner, bingo, quiz, karaoke are organized inside the hostel, and afterwords pub crawl too, I've never seen something like this in a hostel! Furthermore, it's so well located. Free breakfast was great, very smart design for a hostel.

• 9th Jun 2014

Awesome place to meet people, really fun, The staff was really friendly and easy going. There was a beautiful view from the terrace ;) great time and location is really good, central metro line in the front door and by walk you can get to Sagrada familia and other places. Social part in the hostel is amazing, bar atmosphere outstanding!

• 9th Jun 2014

It wasnt the best hostel ever but it is very well located, plus it is cheap! Restrooms are not as clean as in many other places but it was alright! not too much atmosphere honestly! many old people crashing in this hostel!

If you want a more personal touch for a hostel, this is not the place for you. This hostel functions more like a hotel, and you will get charged for most amenities, such as storing your bag after you check out and for sheets/ towels. But the free breakfast is a plus, as well as the spacious common room and free usage of computers.

We are always pleased to read our customers reviews since it is a way to improve our service and increase our customer's satisfaction. As we mentioned in the last review we prefer to offer a good breakfast and keep the bed prices as most affordable as we can, as well we make clear the extra charges during the booking process. Thank you for the comment!

This hostel was enjoyable. Location was good, walking distant to shops/park. Near the metro line which was easy to get around. Hostel was very clean. I stayed in a eight bunk room which included private washroom of two showers, one sink and one toilet with its own sliding door. I really like the sensor key to the room and lockers! great idea! this made this things much easier, thank you.Staff were good, although seem to not point us in the right directions when looking for bike rental.

Got charged extra for sheets and for using a credit card. Maybe that was mentioned somewhere on the page but I didn't see it. Front staff wasn't very helpful.

Thank you for writing the review. On our website and during the booking process, we mention and make clear all the extra charges, we prefer to offer a good breakfast and keep the bed prices as most affordable as we can. About the staff we apologize for not being able to reach your expectations, sometimes when reception is too busy is not easy to give the attention that every costumer deserves. We hope to see you again at our hostel!

Really huge hostel, easy to meet other travellers siince they have a huge common room and activities for the night

this is so good

• 28th May 2014

This hostel was amazing, especially because of the atmosphere and the fact that it is 3 minutes walking distance to the metro and renfe train to the airport. Basically it is everything and more you can for in a hostel. The staff is very friendly and willing to guide/help guests. You're treated as a friend. Everyone staying at the hostel is chill and laid back. Plus, the hostel has hookups for clubs and sightseeing places. Just amazing overall!!!

• 27th May 2014

Thank you so much for sharing you recent experience with us. We are happy that you enjoyed your time. All the best, Urbany hostels staff.

I had a great time in Urbany. The 24-hours reception gives us so many convenience. The place is clean and well organized. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dormitory and met many good people there. I had a nice bed and a locker, a reading lamp and plug at the head of my bed. A small thing is the reception system may change your bed and locker number sometimes automatically, like I had this situation on the second last day of my staying. I stayed on the 4th floor just above the bar, which is not quite.

• 24th May 2014
  • China

Great place to stay. Highly Recommend

Thank you for your comment and hope to see you again in Urbany hostels!

I love this hostel, I met some interesting people, and we became good friends. Unforgettable memory was happened in this hostel.

• 22nd May 2014
  • China

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent feedback about your experience. Looking forward to welcome you back soon. Urbany hostels staff.

We enjoyed the events the hostel put on like the 5e dinner, and the staff was super nice.. Especially in the common room/bartenders.

Atmosphere is amazing, common room staff and people staying there are super friendly, there are good laugh and always happy to have a chat or provide directions. There is also a bar in the hostel serving drinks with good prices, and Barcelona is great for partying!. I can't wait to go back again.

• 14th May 2014
  • Mexico

We stayed at the Urbany for almost 6 days while doing a euro trip with my girlfriends. It was an unreal experiance! We definitely enjoyed the hostel as it had a great facility, location and an unreal staff. We would most definitely come back :)

• 9th May 2014