Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

The service at the hostal was not very helpful/slightly rude. We had already planned to switch hostels (4 of us) when I found out my bed had been switched and my locker had therefore changed to someone elses locker. This is awful because no one told me and my stuff was still in it and I couldn't get into it but a stranger had the key. This security is completely lax.

• 16th Aug 2014

This is the best hostel that I've stayed at! The staff is sooo nice. I had so much fun here because they have a tematic evening every night like karaoke night, drinking games night, tapas and paella night where you eat traditional food really cheap. And the best part is that after all this, every night they have this great deal that you pay 4 euro and have a shot included, a trip with the bus and free entrance in the best clubs of Barcelona!! Just loved it! I will definitely return here!!

Nice place to stay if your looking to party. The gym and pool cost quite a lot of money though and I ran out of blimming toilet paper for 2 days!

• 11th Aug 2014

One of the worst experiences I've had! The positive: electronic facilities. Warm beds. Working wifi. Personal light & charger. The negative: Staff. When I arrived on a Sat, I tried to pay my large hostel bill, but they didn't accept my 200 Euro bill. Not a written policy, but a surprise. On Sun, they yelled at me for not paying, making a big scene. Banks don't open until Mon. Another girl in our room was robbed. The staff treated her terribly. Appalling customer service! Spoiled Barcelona.

aircondition inside is very noisy, bring bad impact on sleeping.

Hostel quite near to the city centre. Personal welcoming and multilingual but not professional. Average room with locker inside and ensuite bathroom. But both very dirty, especially the bathroom. It was a long kind of dirty not a new one ;-) In a six place room the window cannot be opened for security reason. As you can imagine not a fresh and nice air in a hostel room. Air condition in every room: you will frozen at night ;-) Average breakfast, nothing special. Not so bad but I won't go back.

• 7th Aug 2014

This is the worst hostel my boyfriend and I have ever stayed at and we have been traveling for 2 months! The STAFF is the worst people we have ever meet such rude and arrogant people! If you arrive early don't even bother going to this hostel they ask you to leave the facilities and come back at check in time! As a backpacker where are you supposed to go if you arrive early?? They don't allow you to stay in there common areas! And they CHARGE you for EVERYTHING! Don't stay here!!

Magnífico Hostel situado enfrente de la Torre Agbar y muy cerca de la Sagrada Familia, a 3 Kms de la Barceloneta y junto a una boca de metro y tren, muy bien comunicado. Ambiente internacional, todo nuevo, limpio y moderno. Desayuno buffet completo, que se puede disfrutar en la magnífica terraza. A pesar de estar lleno, muy buen ambiente, tranquilidad, y silencio por las noches.

Superbe auberge de jeunesse idéalement situé prés de ma plage et au centre de la charmante ville Tossa De Mar. Bonne ambience au sein de l'auberge. Prestation de qualité. C'est une chance qu'il y est une auberge de jeunesse comme celle là dans une ville comme Tossa De Mar. Bon sejour assuré au sein de cet établissement

• 5th Aug 2014

Melu baarin puolelta kuului erittäin selkeästi seuraavan kerroksen huoneeseemme ja lisäksi suihku oli aivan hirveä, eikä sitä pyynnöstä huolimatta saatu korjattua. Muuten tosi kiva hostelli!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Finland

Although the rooms were a little cramped, there was still a nice friendly atmosphere

• 1st Aug 2014

the facilities are excellent and worth the price. Each bed has its own plug and light. However, the location is a bit far from tourist spot. But it is good that it is near the metro and train station.

Perfetto!

very nice staying for few days I was in a room were the other occupiers were dirty ...but is not hostel fault

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Spain

this is a partyhostel. most of the guests are 18-25 and are taking part in the party-bus-program (4€ = one shot, free entrance and free bus ride). if you like to party, that is your hostel. the breakfast is very basic (toast, cheese, ham, salami, cereals), but you get coffee and something they call juice for free. breakfast hours are from 8-10. it is not the citycenter, where urbany is located. 3min from it you have a metro/local train, the nightbus stops directly in front of the hostel.

• 30th Jul 2014

Staying at this hostel made my one day in Barcelona completely worth all the stress of traveling. The staff was extremely helpful and made some really amazing suggestions. I was also lucky enough to arrive on the night they were serving tapas the terrace; this might have been my favorite part of the trip. With 1 euro tapas and free sangria my night was already pretty good but then mojitos happened and then the party bus to the beach happened and let's just say my night was epic.

wow what can i say about this hostel its certainly one i wont forget! it definitely has its good and bad points. #good! They have the most friendliest staff of a hostel i have stayed in, there was a mix up with my room when i first checked, but the guy was really helpful and offered me a free drink to say sorry. the rooms were so clean and cold., the bar and terrace at night was so much fun.# bad 100's little french kids running around and taking over the place was soo annoying.

Genial si no tienes mucho dinero para gastar!!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Spain

The WIFI seems very sketchy. Moreover, it's quite unreliable and it's really annoying that you need to log in with your social media account to get access (which usually doesn't even work!!). The hostel itself is really great - friendly staff, cool common room... However, I really dislike the wifi situation, and in my opinion, a contract with a gym nearby where I'd have to pay 7€ per day doesn't count as "indoor pool and gym"!!

There should be more options during the breakfast. For example, cookies and fruit.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6