Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

Would definitely recommend this place. It's got a great communal area with terrace, bar, computers and an enormous kitchen. I was in an 8 bed dorm and it was very comfy. Each bed was kitted out with its own bed light and chargepoint. Its a little out of the way from the centre but has great ciews of the Torres agbar.

The place was overrun by kids under 16. Atmosphere isn't conducive to meeting new people (there's a terrace/bar/common room, but nobody really congregates there except for large middle/high school groups). Also, someone came to our room at 1:30 AM only to find all the beds were taken. He came back moments later with a staff member who tried to make it seem like it was our fault when it was really an administrative error. A different staff guy made up for this by giving away delicious paella.

super lage, sehr gutes angebot für jugendliche (bar, terrasse, partybus zu den clubs...), freundliche mitarbeiter.

Wifi worked well. All other ratings reflect my experience. Great hostel and would stay there again. HOWEVER, the staff and organization needs work. Upon check in they had the wrong # of beds that I reserved in their system which wasn't the end of the world but shouldn't happen. What was even worse was when the staff barged into our room at 130am and rudely asked if we all had reservations like it was our fault they overbooked our room. That is completely unacceptable and should never happen.

I arrived very early in the morning and of course was not able to check in, but the staff let me sleep in the one of the floors for a while. The staff is extremely helpful and the people you meet at this hostel is simply amazing.

It was great, but too many children in a hostel freaks up the atmosphere at all

I absolutely loved my stay in this hostel and couldn't recommended it more highly. It is in a well connected location, very great price, friendly and helpful workers and an amaZing dinner(paella&tapas) that is a must do! I could spend a whole month there, it would be fine, cause it was a great atmosphere! They organize great activities from the walking tours to the pub crawl. I loved my stay there

• 11th Jun 2015

The atmosphere was great, staff always friendly and never annoyed, happily answering whatever questions. Close to everything by metro, worth seeing in Barcelona. People there party but you can chill if you want! Great fun! Recommend the dinners, I have to say that they have delicious events, awesome chefs on the common room! and with cheapest beers nothing can go wrong.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

Staff were really helpful and friendly, took the party bus to the beach clubs in the evening which was fun. Location is good as it's really easy to get the centre and the beach, either walking or by metro.

• 9th Jun 2015

The staff in this place are amazing, full of useful information, FUN and actually made my stay. There's always plenty going on from games, food nights, and party buses. Generally a super cool atmosphere! Made so many friends with both travellers and the events staff. Can't wait to go back!

Great experience! I was traveling alone and everyone was so friendly like including the staff! Very happy with the service! Great hostel with great security!

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Armenia

Mi sono divertito

Todo de 10 recomendable..

Was told €10 deposit would be returned with key, but the next morning they changed it to being a deposit for if I left late. I left 30m late and the deposit was equal the cost of my room fee. A penalty, fine, but double the original amount was excessive and more than I had to spare. I've never had a hostel charge for leaving around the set time, and the fees proposed were clearly detailed and not excessive. WATCH OUT: Price for room fluctuates by the day/demand. My bed went from €10 to €26

Hola! Thank you for staying with Urbany Hostels. We are sorry you had to deal with being charged a penalty for checking out late but it is clearly stated on our website that you need to be checked out by 10:30 in the morning. We are on a strict cleaning schedule, so any delays causes issues for new guests checking in, anyways we always give a lot of extra time. I hope you enjoyed your time in Barcelona! Best regards, the Urbany Team

Had a great time at this hostel with my friend! Offered many different activities and had some nice dinner options depending on the day of the week. A lot more little kids staying there then expected though but didn't bother us too much. About a mile walk from the beach but the walk is nice and doesn't take too long. Overall a nice hostel to stay at!

Hola! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our hostel! It is so important for us to build a fun atmosphere and we are glad we achieved that for you and your friend. Hope you come back soon! Best regards, the Urbany Team

There's also no Sauna, gym and that kind of thing. You actually only pay for a bed in a tiny room that's not even cleaned. We wanted to take the party shuttle that's supposed to be there every night but it didn't run at that night, which we only found out when we asked. Nobody told us even though we signed up for it. The staff was really unfriendly, too. Also, it wasn't easy to get to know people because most of the guestswere classes

We are sorry that you were displeased with your experience at our hostel. You do have access to a gym and sauna but you have to pay for it. We apologize if your room was not clean when you arrived. We have staff at the reception 24 hours a day to take care of any issues like this, so please do not hesitate to visit the front desk next time. As for the party bus, it is offered every night but if there is not enough people, we do not take the bus but instead a taxi to the clubs. Best regards!

Our room, 1001, was absolutely digusting. We got there and it smelled like mold. the restroom had mold in every corner. The tiny bathroom smelled like it had not been cleaned regularly by the staff. Also this hostel needs to change their shower knobs. The air conditioning was not working when we got there. The staff was notified but timeliness was not good. Our key card kept getting deactivated, and we could not access the laundry facility multiple times.

Hola! We apologize for all the issues you had during your stay at our hostel. Your feedback is very important to us so we can cater more to guests needs. Thank you notifying the staff about issues you were having so we could go ahead and fix them. We apologize for the timeliness but our maintenance crew works on emergencies first and then on a first come serve basis. We hope you enjoyed your time in Barcelona! Best regards, the Urbany Team

The hostel was very modern and felt very safe. The biggest thing was that I felt like I was living in a dorm. The eating area/hang out are set up like a cafeteria. It isn't very homey. But besides that it is a great hostel. Not in walking distance of the historic areas of barcelona but near a metro and other shops/restaurants.

Hola! Thank you for staying with Urbany Hostels. We are glad to hear that you felt safe at our hostel. We really appreciate your feedback on how you prefer a more homey feel when staying at a hostel. We hope you enjoyed your time in Barcelona! Best regards, the Urbany Team

Nos sentimos encerrados, no se pueden abrir la ventanas, las habitaciones son chicas y el olor del baño invade el lugar. Al.personal se lo notaba colapsado, algunos bien y otros dejaban mucho que desear. En la cocina no hay tazas ni vasos, es obvio que es para promocionar las comidas del buffet, que es de lo.peor.Probamos con el desayuno y una cena y la.calidad es de comida es malisima.Ademas de un engaño. A esto se le.suma que la gente de la cocina hace preparados en la.cocina y no lavan.

• 17th May 2015
  • Argentina

They want city taxes from us. Why they didn't want when we reserved the hotel? Why they didn't say when we reserved the hotel? It was not good. We paid the city taxes but they didn't give me the bill. How we get our money from my company?

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4