Urbany Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avda. Meridiana, 97, Barcelona, Spain

Was told €10 deposit would be returned with key, but the next morning they changed it to being a deposit for if I left late. I left 30m late and the deposit was equal the cost of my room fee. A penalty, fine, but double the original amount was excessive and more than I had to spare. I've never had a hostel charge for leaving around the set time, and the fees proposed were clearly detailed and not excessive. WATCH OUT: Price for room fluctuates by the day/demand. My bed went from €10 to €26

• 26th May 2015

There's also no Sauna, gym and that kind of thing. You actually only pay for a bed in a tiny room that's not even cleaned. We wanted to take the party shuttle that's supposed to be there every night but it didn't run at that night, which we only found out when we asked. Nobody told us even though we signed up for it. The staff was really unfriendly, too. Also, it wasn't easy to get to know people because most of the guestswere classes

Our room, 1001, was absolutely digusting. We got there and it smelled like mold. the restroom had mold in every corner. The tiny bathroom smelled like it had not been cleaned regularly by the staff. Also this hostel needs to change their shower knobs. The air conditioning was not working when we got there. The staff was notified but timeliness was not good. Our key card kept getting deactivated, and we could not access the laundry facility multiple times.

The hostel was very modern and felt very safe. The biggest thing was that I felt like I was living in a dorm. The eating area/hang out are set up like a cafeteria. It isn't very homey. But besides that it is a great hostel. Not in walking distance of the historic areas of barcelona but near a metro and other shops/restaurants.

Nos sentimos encerrados, no se pueden abrir la ventanas, las habitaciones son chicas y el olor del baño invade el lugar. Al.personal se lo notaba colapsado, algunos bien y otros dejaban mucho que desear. En la cocina no hay tazas ni vasos, es obvio que es para promocionar las comidas del buffet, que es de lo.peor.Probamos con el desayuno y una cena y la.calidad es de comida es malisima.Ademas de un engaño. A esto se le.suma que la gente de la cocina hace preparados en la.cocina y no lavan.

• 17th May 2015
  • Argentina

They want city taxes from us. Why they didn't want when we reserved the hotel? Why they didn't say when we reserved the hotel? It was not good. We paid the city taxes but they didn't give me the bill. How we get our money from my company?

I have 6 months of backpacking experience. This hostel was not the worst hostel but it wasn't the best. You pay extra for sheets and luggage storage facilities which cheaper hostels would often give as a free service. The kitchen was ok-smelt like wet towels often and not that clean. Shower-temperamental between hot and cold. The location was ok- i used a metro often to get around. Kids in large groups stay there too which make common areas crowded. not really value for money. OK overall.

Some employees seemed to be a little confused on how to do things and what information to pass on. We were told the private room already sheets that we didn't have to rent any and at check out the employee there kept asking about our sheets with a weird face and we realized what was on our bed were not sheets. Being our first time there it didn't occur to us that those weren't sheets just mattress covers. So disgusted by that after.

The bathrooms were not very good. It was clean but there was no drain passage for water outside the shower area. A drain is necessary outside the shower area because whenever we have a shower or wash our face in basin, water get split on the floor, making it looking dirty.

P ,las habitaciones son muy chicas y ademas las ventanas están cerradas c llave y no te permiten abrirlas hay mucho olor del baño p momentos y es claustrofóbica. El buffet es caro para la calidad q ofrecen, en el super cualquier fiambre es mejor. En la cocina no hay platos grandes solo tipo postre, tampoco hay vasos ni muchos elementos solo podrás cocinarte cómodamente un hot dog y muy mala limpieza. Las habitaciones aon lo unico q esta limpio. Personal uso la cocina dejándola terrible varias ve

La qualità dell'ostello è discreta, anche se le stanze sono piccole e la pulizia potrebbe essere migliore. L'ambiente è abbastanza gradevole e la posizione, anche se non centralissima, permette agevoli collegamenti col centro e con l'aeroporto; segnalo che l'ostello ha la convezione con tanti club (quindi si ha la free entry mostrando il tesserino) e che il prezzo per l'alloggio potrebbe essere più competitivo, anche se a Barcellona i prezzi per le stanze non sono mai bassi. Voto: 6 e 1/2

• 14th May 2015

Facilities are excellent, but the hostel is too large and it does not have spirit. Staff is not very nice and some of them even do not speak spanish. They are obsessive with the check out time, we left one hour later and we lost our deposit (10€ per person) and the staff was really rude with us. Don't go to this hostel if you want to enjoy Barcelona.

일단 위생 별로구요. 예약하고 원하는방을 못 배정 받았는데 더 낮은방을 받고 많은금액을 받아가고 엉망진창임

Davvero un buon ostello, lo staff e assolutamente fantastico e la cucina squisita!

• 12th May 2015

Staff are beyond great. Super helpful and super fun. Cheap rooms in a new building a medium walk or short metro trip to the beach. Would recommend.

100% recomendable

Great atmosphere and great staff. Also using the room keys for cheap club tickets made mine and my friends holiday.

• 8th May 2015

This is my second stay at this place, I love the female dorms which are really well equipped and the position is absolutely fine for my personal needs. I found out they improved breakfast a little bit . Probably due to low season I was alone in the room which I really appreciate but unfortunately room was not so well cleaned (paper below the bunk bed)

The staff is great but the cleanliness could be stepped up.

• 5th May 2015

Brilliant bar and atmosphere, will definitley be staying again! great value for money!

• 2nd May 2015