Villa Micika Reviews

Mata Vodopica 10, Dubrovnik, Croatia

The people who own this hostel are very nice, but depending on what room your in the wifi does not work, so you have to go outside to get connection. Very close to the beach and the bus to get to the city center. Busses run until 3 during high season and a re consistent. The bathroom did not look as if it had been cleaned, the lockers had a moldy smell to them and were dirty. There is also no air conditioning, which makes it hard to sleep in the summer. It was also a little pricy for the place.

The hostel has an excellent location, very close to the Old Town (5 minutes by bus) and near the beach. The hostel has rooms without air conditioners, it is good to ask before the ckeck in which room will be the guest. In summer it is impossible to sleep without air conditioners. It does not have breakfast but you can eat near and at a good price. Supermarket next to the hostel makes life easier. Toni is very friendly and helpful all the time. Thank you Toni!

A great little location, clean rooms & with very lovely and helpful owners. The hostel is a little way out of the main town center but is located within a resort district so there are lots of restaurants around & very close to a beach. Only a 10 minute bus ride to the center or you can walk which takes about 40 minutes. Great value for money! If I come back to Dubrovnik I will definitely be returning.

Staff were nice hostels in a good location, but was horrifically unclean, the single shower for the dorms kept clogging from what I hope was hair, plus the whole form just looked dirty. Also quite expensive for what it was.

Such a good experience. I have booked only one bed and hotel host Toni gave me a full bedroom with two single beds and he didn't booked anyone inside. I've had a complete privacy and I was feeling that I was sleeping at my own one bedroom suite but in theory it was only a hostel. After those 2 days I've asked him will he be able to manage to rent it for one more night and he did everything in order to keep me at a same room. Well done Toni. If I ever come to Du again I'll stay at villa Micika

I enjoyed my stay very much, it was very conveniently located and Tony was always available to assist me with any requests and advice. I would definitely recommend staying here in future.

The shower was unbeleivably dirty hair in the drain always blocking up and heaps of scum ! Hadn't been cleaned in the 4 nights I stayed! About 3km from old town but it's a lovely walk !

Loved this hostel. Had booked for an extra night but plans changed last minute during a storm and Tony drove me to the ferry that night. They also took my washing and did it for me which they didnt have to! Cute wee turtle in the garden too and very close to the beach and great food. Definitely recommend this hostel.

Nice stuff. You have to take a 10-15 minutes busride to the old town. Enough space in the room and a really nice common area.

The hostel was a pretty generic one, with a nice terrace and close to a popular (and crowded) beach as well as some nice restaurants. It was fairly easy to get there with a bus from the main bus terminal, and transport to the old town was easy as well. There's a pretty good supermarket close by, shame that the hostels cooking facilities were not that great. All in all it was a nice place, but nothing special.

The owner of the Hostel was very helpful with services as ordering taxi and giving us tourist information.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Norway

These accommodations are very basic -- a small, simple room. The location is excellent; just a 10-minute bus ride to the old city. Also very close to the promenade to Lapad Beach -- wonderfully entertaining and fantastic swimming. Best of all is the owner -- he was extremely kind and caring to us; went out of his way to help us out with lost luggage at the airport. A very nice person; went well above and beyond. The room was spartan but he was a gem!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We stayed here after staying in a beautiful villa in Santorina which cost us less than half what we payed for this one. The mattresses and pillows were very ordinary and the shower was dirty. You have to leave a sign on your door if you want new towels and beds made etc which we were unaware of. The rooms are all in a hexagonal shape which means all the doors are right next to each other and your hear everyone coming and going. Way overpriced for what you get very dissapointing.

• 20th May 2014

Toni, a fantastic and friendly man Tomy, a good supermarket near by the hostel, Lapad, a good location: modern, clean, quiet and near by the beach and harbor.

This is a fine place to stay visiting Dubrovnik. The bus will take you straight to the old town within twenty minutes and the beach is a five minutes walk away. It will provide you with all that you need. The bath room was a bit smelly though.

Really helpful staff. Need to bus into old town and docks, but it is close to bus stop.

There was a TV but impossible to use. The sheets were old. About the atmosphere, there wasn't any but maybe I was expecting something like a youth hostel and it wasn't.

Not really felt like a hostel, more like a rented apartment. Stayed in a 5-bed-dorm that had an own living room with sofa and liked the fact that there was a fridge in it. Cleanliness was good. Bus stop to old town is close (but keep in mind that during peak times buses are often overcrowded and you have to wait for the next or second-next, esp. when you are in a hurry). Beach and bars are very close (but not used by me). Large supermarket next door is good.

Villa MIchika is a bit outside of the Old Town centre, but is only a short trip away on public transport. It is also fairly close to the port and coach terminal, which makes it conveniently placed for travel to other places in Croatia. It is also only a short walk to a great beach. Facilities are basic, and cleanliness is average, but owner Toni is an absolute gem. Incredibly helpful, and just an all-round nice guy! Would absolutely stay there again.

The shower and the Toilett were disgustin!!!I I took the shower at the beach!! It seems the do not really clean it al all! Matress and pillow are uncomfortable.I slept in the Dorm

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7