West Side YMCA Reviews

5 West 63rd St., N.Y. 10023, New York, USA

Staff seems to be tired

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Chile

Great stay in a fantastic location

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

The room is great. Clean, nice space. However, I have never ever faced a bathroom like this. It is small, you have ZERO privacy and it is COMPLETELY disgusting... I wish I had the option of uploading images, so I could show the rest of the world the absolutly gross aspect of West Side YMCA's bathroom at 11:30pm of a Monday. You come "home" after a busy work day and have to deal with this kind of situation. Honestly, I know I paid for a room with shared bathroom, but no low price justifies that!

• 17th Aug 2015

Great value for money! They don't have to pay city tax so it is cheap and right on Central Park you couldn't get a better location for the price!! Rooms and facilities are very basic but comfortable and clean. I bought some salads and didn't have any cutlery so I asked a staff member in the lobby and he went and found me some plastic forks and spoons. I would stay here again.

I felt so disappoint on this hotel. Even though it has a perfect location- near the central park, its service is bad. The room is so small, 2 people can barely stand in the open space. The door and wall are pretty old. In a word, if you are expecting a fabulous tour in NYC, do not choose this hotel.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • China

Staff very rude and arrogant. I do not recommend

• 3rd Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hostel. The only thing I had a slight issue was the community bathrooms. They could have been cleaned/serviced a little bit more often.

• 1st Aug 2015

The rooms were not very clean and there is mold in the bathrooms of the deluxe floor. In my opinion that is not very deluxe. Location is a+. Subways are very close and you are next to central park. Fitness, pool and sauna were very good. And the prices are good!

Great stay would defentley stay again.

• 27th Jul 2015

This was a great location, close to Central Park, Lincoln Center and Columbus Circle. Only a 4 block walk to the subway station. We felt safe staying here and walking around the area. There are many restaurants just a block or so away on Broadway and Columbus Avenues. Make sure to bring your own washcloth, since they provide a bath towel, but no washcloth.

• 24th Jul 2015

only two showers at the male bathroom worked for the wohle floor.

Bathrooms were very dirty

Shared bathrooms need to be cleaned more often.

If only money counts, this is definitely the place to go. Location is wonderful. However, bed was bouncing, mattress was really too smooth, shower places did not have enough hiding one from each other, staff cleaned the bathroom while you are taking a shower (in a place that is not well covered).

Since the YMCA West Side is not a hostel why not have mini refrigerators in the rooms? Just keep them turned off until they are occupied. The 13th floor looked super depressing, and so was the room color. Why not use (http://www.dailyinfographic.com/the-psychology-of-colors-infographic) to make your guests more relaxed in there rooms? A little color will go a long way.

Nice place to stay at when visiting New York. Compare to other hostel the price is OK to be in New York. Good location and there are a lot of things to do at the hostel like gym, swimming pool, and much more. As a backpacker I didn't use these facilities.. What i was missing was a kitchen. The staff where OK. I would love if they where more helpful. I asked the best way to get to the airport from there and the guard said taxi or Google it. That was a kind of annoying answer.

It was good although I wish it was cheaper. $ 90 was a lot especially since the sheets could be cleaner and since housekeeping only included changing linen and not cleaning the room. Staff was very friendly and cordial and the location was perfect. But it was way too expensive especially for a longer stay !

• 26th Jun 2015
  • India

Overcharged me but refunded when I showed them the mistake . On the whole a pretty good place to stay opposite Central Park. No cooking facilities.

• 24th Jun 2015

Firstly our room smelt poorly(imagine week old Doritos) and when asked staff were unable to help, when our room was cleaned out sheets were not always cleaned and had stains, during a trial evacuation the lifts were disabled and a cleaning cart was blocking the fire stairs. One day we didn't get any towels and had to ask security for them as reception was closed. The air conditioner in our room barely worked and there was no airflow in our room.

• 20th Jun 2015

the staff was rude. The housekeeping was poor( only go 3 times in 5 days) the security very rude as well! The shower only 2 available on my floor, the vendor machines on the floor was damage.

• 20th Jun 2015