West Side YMCA Reviews

5 West 63rd St., N.Y. 10023, New York, USA

--took three days and nights of asking to get a blanket --room on top floor next to where the staff hangs out gets noisy

• 3rd Nov 2014

Our stay was very pleasant. The staff was very helpful, the facilities were very clean and the location was perfect. The mattresses were not comfortable as the springs seemed to go right through. Perhaps thicker mattresses would greatly enhance the stay. Would consider staying again.

• 1st Nov 2014

Location, locationlocation! Basic yet excellent I cad to change a date and they were mos acomaadating at the management level. Big bang for the buck!!

Stayed here several times before. Accommodations are basic, but clean/secure. Can't beat the location, which is amazing for this price range. I was on one of the floors with shared bathrooms and showers this time. There is a morning rush to use the showers, but if you can avoid that, it's fine. Shared bath floors not recommended for people who like the privacy of a hotel, but I didn't mind. For a few dollars more you can stay on a floor with semiprivate bath/showers. Lockable doors for privacy

• 31st Oct 2014

I chose this hostel for its location and wasn't disappointed. Security was good as was cleanliness. The shared showers were 3 in a row which didn't lead to any kind of privacy. The bed had a plastic covered mattress which was really noisy. The bed was on castors and moved very freely on the hard floor. There was an in house racquetball court which was fine except at 6am. The noise was like a constant drip. There are what appear to be resident, elderly homeless men.

very nice time and experience, thank you, see you next time

• 30th Oct 2014

The room that was given to me (419) had a very poor mattress. I am 68 years old, I have a bad back and I could not have slept on such a sagging squishy mattress. When I complained at the reception and asked if either the mattress could be changed or if I could be given another room, I was told all mattresses were alike and that no change was possible. Fortunately, a colleague of mine accepted to switch rooms and I could benefit from a much better mattress (as for him, he did not sleep so well).

• 23rd Oct 2014