West Side YMCA Reviews

5 West 63rd St., N.Y. 10023, New York, USA

The hostel was okey. Only stayed for one night. The showers was awful. Tiny and the water came out With a power that made you wounder if it was needles.and there where no space to get change in the shower area. If you dont wanna strip down in front of everyone.Nice and fresh lobby. Storage for your bag is posetiv. They got free wifi aswell.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

I prefer windows that can be opened to the outside air rather than having to use the window-mounted air conditioner, but otherwise everything was all right.

It is the dirtiest place i've ever seen!!! The staff is mannerless, almost embarassing. Aweful experience!!!!

• 15th Aug 2014

This is in a great location and the facilities really are very good. However the shared bathroom was absolutely disgusting. Really dirty, filthy toilet cubicles and often no toilet paper. The room was good and the air conditioner was excellent!

• 11th Aug 2014

I recommend you guys, give us more options when we book. Cause I was surprised that we're not allow to do even minor changes . Then all good

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Peru

It's really good that the staff always ask for the YMCA card, so that nobody else can enter the hostel

• 8th Aug 2014

I love staying here. The location is unbelievable. I love that I can wake up and literally cross the street and go for a walk in central park, or walk a block and grab breakfast at Wholefoods. Every subway line is there too. It can't be beat. The rooms are small, but there's satellite TV and A/C. I would, however, recommend paying the extra few dollars for the upgraded floors. They seem to be quieter and more comfortable. Love that the pool and gym are free to use too. Best value in NYC!

Very good hostel if you are alone or with friends and want to spend some days in NYC. Fabulous position, close to Central Park and close to Columbus Circle with subway station (lines A, B, C, D, 1 with connection to the north Manhattan / Harlem / The Bronx and to lower Manhattan / Brooklyn). Broadway and Times Square are 5/10 minutes walking. There are a lot of places for breakfast nearby, also drugstore and places where eat. Rooms have TV, AC, and wi-fi connection. Bathrooms are cleaned

• 29th Jul 2014

There are big diferences between floors. The 10th was really great with bathroom facilities new, but the 8th floor smelled and the bathroom was always dirty. Besides that everything was good. Daily cleaning and fresh towels.

Each floor holds at least 20 rooms , yet the men's washroom had only 3 showers . Can get occupied and dirty quickly , no place to hold personal items in the shower unit.

• 21st Jul 2014

Good location, fair prices. Excellent gym services.

• 16th Jul 2014

This is the worst place we have ever stayed-the rooms were dirty, small and smelly. The pictures of the hostel were completely deceiving- there is nothing new about the place and should be updated. The bathrooms were disgusting and unclean - showers not even remotely private and not enough showers and toilets on each floor. The whole floor smelt damp. Staff were very unhelpful and at points verged on rude.

It's a beautiful building, but the hostel doesn't invest in the guestrooms. It looked poor and weary. Nevertheless I enjoyed my stay: I could swim foor free (nice after a long day of walking in town), the location is excellent; nearby I could find everything you need to have a good time in NY such as busstops, subwaystations, Central Park, a good soulfood shop round the corner. Every day my bed was made up and I got a clean towel. They didn't vacuum the room. Bathroom and toilets: renew it!

• 15th Jul 2014

We (my teenager and I) really enjoyed our stay in this YMCA. Rooms are small, old and kind of dirty, BUT this all is worth it because the staff is SUPER and there are two beautifull authentic swimmingpools in the building! We loved it, also because Central Parc is five steps away and you still enjoy a quiet and nice nightsleep in this beautifull (but busy) city that never sleeps!

The bathroom was really awfull! No locker at toilet, small shower with nothing to set the temperature, dirty...

• 11th Jul 2014

Basic but met my needs. Great location w/ many perks I'd stay again!

The room was quite clean and comfortable. Cleaning staff was friendly and did a pretty good job keeping bathroom clean and stocked.

• 4th Jul 2014

it has a great location just few steps from central park. Besides the bathroom it has very good facilities.

Overall great experience and good value given the location. My only complaint would be that the cleaning staff came in on multiple occasions in the early mornings, to clean the room whilst we were still there.

• 28th Jun 2014

Good location for the price, but if you have enough money just rent a room with private bathroom. And nobody will tell you but even if the check in is at 3 pm you can store your luggage in a room if you arrive earlier.

• 27th Jun 2014