West Side YMCA Reviews

5 West 63rd St., N.Y. 10023, New York, USA

After looking at previous reviews, I wasn't sure about my choice. However, when I got to my private room on the reno'd floor, I was surprised. The bathroom (despite having one temp 'boil you like an egg' showers) was clean, my room had a desk, mirror, a decent TV and luggage space. The atmosphere isn't great, it's not like a true hostel, but it's the location you pay for - you can get anywhere from the two nearby metro stations. Being in bed felt a bit like being wrapped in clingfilm though...

• 6th Jun 2014

Building is very old. Staff could be more customer-oriented and sould be in a better mood.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Only stopped one night but found the staff to be poor. The complex is too big an not suited too backpackers. No kitchen, no where near enough showers or toilets and those that were there were closed for cleaning between 8 and 9 when people wanted to use them.

Best location in NYC, very convenient public transportations, only 5 mins to the subway. It's not expensive as this price in NY. Very safe, security checked everyone when you wanna enter in. The only problem is the air conditional, it's too loud to sleep well, I have to turn it off. But fortunately, this building is not too hot for sleeping. I think I will choose this again.

• 31st May 2014

The women restroom wasn't very clean

• 31st May 2014

Housekeeping staff were in the hallway and loud through the entire morning. Having got in late at night after a long journey, it would have been nice to have some quiet. When I left my room at 11 am -- my check out time, they called out after me in Spanish, that the "Faggot is finally awake."

• 29th May 2014