West Side YMCA Reviews

5 West 63rd St., N.Y. 10023, New York, USA

We were expecting something worse that what it was after reading all the reviews. There weren't enough showers/toilets for all the floor (only 3). The water in the showers had to be either boiling or extra boiling. The cleaning in the rooms wasn't that bad, but the showers could have used a good cleaning. But overall, it wasn't too bad, it's NYC, for that price it's what you get.

From the first interaction with the staff to the last, everyone was pleasant and professional. Two concerns: the bed was rock hard and the evacuation map on the back of the door was not current (location of my room was not on the map). However, these included, the stay was

• 14th Apr 2014

Very dirty, one of the mattresses was broken and we couldn't get a replacement, had to share a bed.

Barebones private room, but awesome location right next to Central Park. Cost includes access to the gym. Clean and friendly staff.

La qualité générale de la chambre laissait à désirer (petitesse, désuétude). Le service était minimaliste et l'accès au réseau Wi-Fi n'a pas été possible pendant la durée de mon séjour. Heureusement, je savais déjà tout cela, mais j'y suis allé tout de même pour la localisation parfaite à deux pas de Central Park.

• 5th Apr 2014

Très bien situé un peu cher pour la taille des chambres mais on s'y est pris au dernier moment...

• 4th Apr 2014

The location is ideal for visiting Manhattan. Also, since last year, there has been some up-dating. The television in the room was very nice. While the room itself was a bit Spartan, when I visit New York, I have a long list of things I want to see. So I really have minimal interest in spending time in the hotel room except to sleep. The YMCA is a most practical base for my visit to New York.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Hello; I had no real problem with the accomodations and the cost was good. I do need to inquire next time, though, about a room that connects to a shared one person bathroom. The last time I stayed I did have taht arrangement and must remember to inquire about that option in the furure. You might want to check on the room I was in. There was a hole in the window piece for the air conditioner and the coverplate for the radiator was broken. Othe than that, I will choose this option again.

• 3rd Apr 2014

It is in a great location. The rooms and bathrooms are not in the best conditions.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Colombia

Die Sauberkeit in den Waschräumen war sehr schlecht und auch der kleine Raum sorgte für ein eher beengtes Gefühl.

In our level was a new renovated bathroom, this was great. Our floor in the room was very sticky at the beginning. We asked the cleaner to wipe the floor again. There was also no grid at the top bed - a little bit dangerous to sleep on the top bed.

Congratulate the staff, they were very friendly and helpful. Most of the time I spent there (3 nights) there was no hand soup in the restroom on floor 11. Matresses are in poor condition, maybe not all of them. It would be more confortable if you can provide rooms with a small freezer and a microwave. Price is good, I like the fact to open your room with electronic key to provide more security. It is well located, good thing you have wi-fi included. Overall, I liked it. Thank you!

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

The security staff was unfriendly to us as we wanted to get stuff from our room with a friend, also requested both room cards as we came back at night, even tho we just needed one when we went out bc we were together all the time and no one told is before. So they called is liars etc. not nice manners!!!

• 28th Mar 2014

los baños dejan mucho que desear...... el precio d ela habitacion es muy alto

• Colombia

Everything was fine, except for the fact that the television in my room did not work. I was told that none of the televisions in guest rooms were working and had not been for about a week. Not good.

• 28th Mar 2014

The room was small and simple, and clean. It had everything I needed; a bed, a televison, a lamp, and a chest of drawers. The restrooms were clean. It seemed to be reasonably secure - I didn't have any problems. The staff was willing to answere questions and give directions.

Muy buena ubicacion, el hotel muy limpio, gimnasio de primera lo mismo que la pileta. La habitacion no es grande pero es mas que suficiente.

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

i had a very plesent time in the ymca.i enj. oid the best location, the polite and efficient staff, the clean room and bathroom and the vivid atmospher.send my special thanks to Dorothy!

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Israel

The private rooms look like jail. bed has wheels underneath which you can't block. The bathroom for the ladies has only 3 showers and you have to queue for the shower. There are no places to store your underwear or anything and the shower cabin was dirty.

• 24th Mar 2014

Ótima localização, os quartos são pequenos, porém são organizados e limpos. Eu recomendo!

• 21st Mar 2014