West Side YMCA Reviews

5 West 63rd St., N.Y. 10023, New York, USA

Overcharged me but refunded when I showed them the mistake . On the whole a pretty good place to stay opposite Central Park. No cooking facilities.

• 24th Jun 2015

Toda esta excelente. La atención buena y el ambiente también. La ubicación es lo mejor del hotel. El único problema es la limpieza. No pasan diario a hacer el aseo y el cuarto nos lo entregaron con el piso sucio.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Firstly our room smelt poorly(imagine week old Doritos) and when asked staff were unable to help, when our room was cleaned out sheets were not always cleaned and had stains, during a trial evacuation the lifts were disabled and a cleaning cart was blocking the fire stairs. One day we didn't get any towels and had to ask security for them as reception was closed. The air conditioner in our room barely worked and there was no airflow in our room.

• 20th Jun 2015

the staff was rude. The housekeeping was poor( only go 3 times in 5 days) the security very rude as well! The shower only 2 available on my floor, the vendor machines on the floor was damage.

• Puerto Rico

Half of the restrooms are likely to be unstable or broken...

• 20th Jun 2015

The location of the hostel is excelent. Near a subway station and Broadway avenue. perfect for those who want to explore New York City at its best. The staff wan't that great, though. Not very friendly, and the cleaning people did a lot of noise in the morningi n the corridors. The men's bathroom was oftenly closed for cleaning, forcing me to go to other floors to take a shower. And when it was available, more then once, the toilet was in extremely bad conditions.

My first impression of the room was that it was very spartan, with basic furniture and a bit of space to store your stuff. Decorations of any kind were non-existent, but for a mirror and a TV. In any case, the room fulfilled its purpose. The people at YMCA were generally nice and helpful, and the place felt safe. The room, corridors and bathrooms were clean enough. Location was great, next to Central Park and close to the Subway. A bit expensive for a hostel but still cheaper than most hotels!

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Dear Sir or Madam, We reserved Deluxe twin private shared bath room two beds for two night, total is 236.00 $ and deposit 30.32$ on 13th and 14th, Jun 2015. it clear showed and I only should pay 207.68$ when I arrived. But when I arrived at West Side YMCA, 5 West 63rd St.N.Y.10023, New York. The staff told me it is only for one person, I should cancel it and reorder another one room and charge me 280$. It means I spend 72.32$ more for that! Please gave me a explain! Best Xingwang

• 13th Jun 2015
  • China

Great place to stay, across the road from central park and easy to walk to places such as times square. The hostel was super clean and there always seemed to be a cleaner on our floor (13th). Not a place to stay if you want to meet other travellers but perfect if youre wanting to travel solo or in a pair. Would stay again :).

Wer für den Preis mehr als ein 3 x 3 m2 großes Zimmer mit Doppelbett mit vergilbten Wänden, Gemeinschaftsbäder-/Toiletten am Gang erwartet & auf eine benutzbare Hotelküche spekuliert wird sicherlich enttäuscht sein. Doch das Reinigungspersonal ist stets bemüht, die zahlreichen "Restrooms" zu Reinigen, was einfach aufgrund der Größe schon ein riesiges Unterfangen ist, man fühlt sich aber durch das Sicherheitspersonal im Hostel gut aufgehoben und es gibt einen Zimmer-Reinigungs-Service.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

Excellent emplacement (proximité de central park, 15min à pied de times square, métro à 5 min) Sanitaire commun (douche + toilette) pas propre et vétuste. Climatisation général de l'immeuble extrêmement bruyante et insupportable la nuit!!! Impossible de l’arrêter!! Donc très dur de se reposer de sa journée! (C'est le gros point négatif). Le wi-fi ne marchai pas. A savoir que le café n'est pas gratuit, en faite c'est une boutique accolé à la réception qui en vend. Pas de coffre fort!

• 7th Jun 2015

Affordable stay in the centre of NYC, clean rooms, kind staff and safe rooms. Just the wifi didn't work when I was there, which was minor, yet still uncomfort... :)

Loved it! Will stay there again, good value

• 4th Jun 2015

Cheap basic accommodation, great location, easy access via subway, felt safe the whole time I was there.

• 3rd Jun 2015

A localização é excelente, o ponto alto desse hostel. O sinal de wifi deixa a desejar. A academia é muito boa com grande diversidade de equipamentos. O banheiro é compartilhado no estilo vestiário.

Probably the most evident limit of this accomodation is the extremely limited number of toilets, sinks and showers. Another limit is the fact that at our stage and I believe at other stage as well the clenaing of the baths start at 8.30!!!!!! this absoultely ridicolus since the majority of the guest will need the bathroom exactely in the morning around 8.00

I loved staying at the YMCA! The facilities were clean, the room and bathroom were more than adequate. Good atmosphere, and I felt safe staying there. Located in a great area, and perfect for us as we were getting in super late. There was a security guard at the front who was helpful, and we were very relieved and happy that our late arrival didn't negatively impact our being able to get into our room that night. Would definitely stay again.

• 22nd May 2015

Good place, felt secure, very clean, staff were very helpful, good location. The guy in the kitchen in the mornings was a real character making a great start to the day for everybody. Will recommend it.

The gym was amazing!

Of all the 12 hostels I have stayed in US, this one is my least favorite. I came in a late evening and the staff was impatient and creepy. The air in the room was stuffy. The custodians speaks no English and was cleaning the bathroom for almost two hours. I couldn't go get shower because of that. If you are looking for a cheap place close to central park to stay, this is a not too bad choice. But if you have other options, I don't recommend this one.

« first « Prev 1 2 3