Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

The Hostel is located in the heart of young Budapest, in a great neighborhood filled with bars and cafes. Super friendly staff and amazing facilities made my stay a dream!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

The hostel is very good. It is very near to metro station and other main attractions. The rooms are very good as well. However, one of the wooden on the bed was broke but that is not a very big problem. I personally think the staffs can be more friendly. They gave us voucher to claim free drinks from their bar also

The hostel is really good, staff nice but unfortunately I have asked for covers (bad) and I didn't get it...

Just the Internet wifi that was very unstable and difficult to use.

I guess Budapest receives every year thousands of international people who comes for the first time there. The hostel could manage to provide receptionist with the minimum ability to be helpful with people that are new in the city. I arrived and I felt that I had to force the receptionist to speak, because she didn`t pay attention to my doubts. The breakfast is good but the fruits were rotten

A perfect offer especially for young people but also for all, who look for a very cheap stay in Budapest. Very kind staff. Guides of the city to rent without costs. Good beds in clean rooms. Only the toilets in the ground floor were partly defect, but surely only temporary. Summary: We were very happy to stay in Wombats City Hostel Budapest.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A large hostel with lots of beds and a bar downstairs. Really close to the metro station and within walking distance of a lots of restaurants and bars. Solid place to stay, didn't feel like the bar atmosphere was the greatest, but it wasn't bad either. I prefer smaller hostels, but this is a solid place to stay.

The wi-fi didn't work in room......except wi-fi, it was a great hostel!

Wi-Fi çok kötü, lokasyon harika tavsiye ederim.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Turkey

It is recommended that guests who arrive at Budapest by train get off at the Budapest Keleti station since the hostel is only 3-4 stops away in the subway.

All was well for me and I'm really glad I chose to stay in Wombat's.

It's a lovely hostel to spend your time, near everything and the receptionist were really helpfull, I recommend.

Wifi needs improvement, unrelayeble. Except of this everything was fine.

• 13th Mar 2015

Great location, great price and great service. Only downsides were a not so perfect Wi-fi (kept kicking you out) and the fact that due to the modern style and previous hotel the atmosphere was a bit less cosy/homely. Great bar personell and overall loved my stay. Thanks Wombats!

Hi there! Thank you for the great feedback and sorry for the wifi. We are working on it to make it better! We love our beautiful classical building and most of our guests are amazed too and we try to make it as cosy as possible-despite of its` size. The regularly organized concerts, cooking nights etc. also help us to make the athmosphere even better! :-) Hope to see you again sometimes!

We booked a 8 dorm room for 7 people ! When we arrived the staff said we have no 8 dorm anymore. But they arranged a 6 bed dorm with a additional bed. The staff was very ambitious. very good hostel

I would say this was THE nicest hostel I've stayed at in my life. The decor, the location, the vibe, the room, everything. The location is phenomenal.

Thanks a lot for the great words, hope to see you again sometimes! :-)

Great Hostel, well located, with helpful and nice staff, the room is really big as the bathroom, and clean as well.

Nice stay, like always at Wombat's!

This is a great hostel is you: -are young -your main purpose in visiting Budapest is to get hammered and only meet other travellers -don't mind throbbing noise from downstairs and the streets at all hours of the night If you actually came to Budapest to enjoy the culture, meet locals, and get a good night's sleep, steer well clear of this locus of bacchanalia.

• 7th Mar 2015

Dear guest! Thank you for your feedback! Please take our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We actually host many different people: culture lovers, party guys and sometimes locals as well :) Many of our guest like our location for being close to all main sights, in the heart of the city, but even if we do our best is kind of impossible to avoid some noise from the street. We hope you give us another chance to prove you can get the real Hungarian experience in Wombat's.

Everything was great, if only the wifi could be improved. It's is impossible to use it to make a phone call home via viber or Skype etc, and is even too slow to use Facebook at times. This is the only downfall though. Otherwise great.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7