Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

very beautiful place, kind and smiling staff who gives you the pleasure of working with pleasure. The age of the guests was less than an half of mine (i am 53), and yet i didn't feel different, there was also some people of my generation. i will certainly return there if i came back in Budapest

This was the best hostel we stayed which is saying and awful lot as we stayed in 6 hostels in 6 countries on our trip. Specifically a staff member (I believe his name was benson) was incredibly helpful in showing us how to get off the beaten path and enjoy the city the way the locals do. Highly recommend staying here

Second wombats I stayed at that felt and looked filthy. Staff was much better at this one compared to Vienna. Washer and dryers were very gross, filled with hair and dirt and facilities all around was poorly taken care of. I was given sheets that had blood stains on it and the ones before that were gross as well. Just because the sheets are wrapped in plastic does not mean they are clean. once again if you just need a bed and want to meet people this is great, it's just very dirty.

Hi, thank you for your feedback! We really appriciate it becouse it's the way how we can imporve ourself and see the weak points of the hostel. Also please accept our apologies for all the bad experiences what you had here. Sometimes our laundry is full with people who wants to make their laundry, so we haven't got time to clean them properly. We use a laundry service which makes the sheets and towels, of course we check them regularly to avoid this kind a "blood situations", but I guess we just missed that one. Anyway, we don't feel ourself that filthy, our cleaners do everything to make the hostel clean, but please remember a shared room can be dirty easily becouse of the people who stays there. So, we are so sorry for the troubles, and we hope you would stay with us next time and we can show you how is the real wom-experience.

Hey this was great hostel very friendly staff @ the front desk, joking around with us. We booked a 6 bed dorm room which was clean, tidy, spacious & very quiet. The wifi didn't work that well in our room but that was ok because it gave me more time to read by book:) Location was excellent close to lots of hipster cafe/bars that serve great coffee & food. Nice walking distance to some of the main tourist sites. Breakfast even had a toastie mashine & they were playing Rodriguez in the lobby.

HI there! Thank you very much for your nice comment! Hope to see you again! Regards from Budapest

So perfect literally couldn't have been a better stay - and so cheap!!

• 28th Jan 2016

Hi there, thanks for the super-amazing-fantastic feedback! Hope to see you soon!

Had a nice time. But after we checked in the first room we went to stunk really badly of backed up drains. When I asked about changing rooms staff were very accommodating and even though they didn't have a spare double room, they were able to put us up in a dormitory to ourselves. I would probably use this hostel again if I return to Budapest. It's in a great location with great places to eat and fantastic bars nearby. Also there barman is great and remembered my drink every time.

The bed was comfy. Lamps were nice. Ceiling was nice. Shower was terrible. Bar was pretty cheap.

Hey, thanks for you feedback, I will tell our showers that they could do something in an other way, cus even the ceiling is better than them:D Just kidding, really sorry for the bad showers, next time please come to reception and tell us your problems and we will try to fix them. So hope to see you again, have a nice time in Europe:)

I loved this hostel. The staff is friendly, the kitchen and breakfast are perfect for travelers on a budget, the location is great, and the rooms are spacious. My only thing is that I'm a single gal traveling alone. I'm sure they are busy, but three nights in a row they put me in rooms with 5 guys. Three different groups of only men and me! Give me a break! I'm sure many women would feel unsafe in this situation. Needless to say I slept with my tazer. Lol.

Hi there! Thank you very much for your nice comment! I understand that can be uncomfortable for a girl to be only with guys in the same room, but for this case we have a female dormitory as well. Hope to see you again! Regards from Budapest

Great location, great staff, big room. Would definitely stay again.

Hi there! Thank you very much!! Regards from Budapest

As always, a great stay with Wombats.

Staff ere really friendly a printed our flight stuff for free. Really vr environment and you cook own food the nice which is... Really nice!

• 20th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

Room mates were unfriendly. That made the stay a little awkward. But other than that everything is awesome!

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Singapore

Hey, thanks for your comment! Sorry for the roommates, next time if you are way too different with your roomies just ask the reception to find you another room where maybe you can make new friends easier. Cheers from BP

Very clean environment and more thsn adequate facilities. However, there was no atmosphere as there were large groups at the hotel during my stay.

Hello there! Thank you very much for your nice comment! We are sorry about the atmosphere, but in winter time we have more groups than usually. Hope to see you again! Regards from Budapest

Wish the computers were free! Other than that this was an amazing hostel!!

Hello there! Thanks for your comment! We have free wifi and to use the computer we ask a symbolic price. I hope this did not disturb so much your stay in our hostel :) Hope to see you again! Regards from Budapest

This was a great hostel for our first night stay in Budapest, it was clean and felt very secure. However it was lacking it atmopshere but this could of been due to the time of year we went in January.

• 17th Jan 2016

Still had a nice stay here but not as nice as it was a few years ago when I last stayed. Things are getting a little run down, and while we were there there were three different groups/tours, so about 150 18 year olds. Not my idea of nice atmosphere.

Hello there! Thanks for your comment! We are sorry that in this time you were not satisfied with our atmosphere, but in winter time we have to accept groups as well to fill our hostel. Hopefully the next time you will find everything as you wish :) Regards from Budapest

The hostel it's great!! Especially because of the atmosphere!!!! The staf is really good, the location perfect and the building amazing!! Eventough being recommendable, I didn't like that the wifi was really bad and that it had one bathroom in the room (in mine there was 8 person, so it was complicated to use it)

Hello there! Thank you very much for your nice comment! The wifi is weak sometimes in the room, but this can happen when a lot of people use it. Hope to see you again! Regards from Budapest

I would stay here again, great location and clean and comfy.

This place is great! Great value for the money, and great location. It's a very large hostel so the atmosphere is a little odd and it's definitely more of a party hostel. It's still a great place though. I'd definitely stay here again when in Budapest.

Hi, thanks for your awesome feedback! We hope to see you again:)

I really loved this hostel! The location is just perfect, right in the middle of everything: restaurants and bars, shopping street nearby. The lobby is amazing, really huge! Their own bar is also nice! Although the staff working at the bar were a bit slow, and prices high compared to other places. I'd say this is a place for young people. The walls are not very thick so sometimes it was a bit hard to sleep when there were noisy people in the room next to mine. I would go again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7