Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

It was really good, I liked it a lot, the staff was really helpful great atmosphere. It was all really clean

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

I wanted to prepare a cup of tea at night but unfortunately, the kitchen was closed.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hi there! Thank you for your stay and sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately the kitchen has to be closed after midnight for security reasons and to avoid any late night party-noise. BUT the reception is always happy to open the door if you need anything no matter what time is it, so pls next time don`t hesitate to ask them. Cheers

Bathroom a bit dirty but great location!

• 4th Dec 2014

The hostel itself was comfortable and clean enough. The problem that I had was with the staff. I found the staff to be inept and unhelpful. To get a room key you must turn in a form of identification, and the staff lost my identification card! I could not believe it. Eventually they found my ID, but it caused me to miss a flight and that cost me $200. The staff was unapologetic and did nothing to make up for their error.

• 29th Nov 2014

Wombats is by far the best hostel I have stayed at. It is young, vibrant, but at the same respectful of your space. Location is money - everything is within walking distance. I even walked to and across the chain bridge, all the way up to the Citadel and it wasn't too bad with drink breaks at bars. They provide you with all the basic amenities, and free bar drinks - where we made a few friends. All the popular bars, incl ruins, are right next door to this hostel, along with Trifecca restaurant.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great location - this is a really big hostel, but the benefit is that there's great facilities. Staff were helpful as well, and everything was really clean

Awesome place. Very clean, good breakfast, awesome cooking facilities!! Wouls highly rexommend staying here.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Had a womderful time here.

Great stay! The staff was always available and gave us lots of precise advice about where to go for visits and party! The hostel itself is clean, cheap AND perfectly located. Highly recommended!

• 21st Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I lost my ciedit card and the stuff realy cared about me. They gave me free breakfast and try to help me.The best reception in my life!! Also, there were free breads, so I could save my money.Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Great location and variety of local eating places was superb! A short walk to the Opera House. I would stay again on my next visit to Budapest. Great security and cleanliness! -- Greg

GREAT location! Super friendly staff! Atmosphere was a bit more like in a hotel than a hostel, which was fine for us, but maybe not for solo traveler looking to meet others. We had a nice big double room for a great price. Only complaint was that it smelt a bit moldy (although we didn't see any mold) - would be great if hostel could improve the ventilation!

We're older travelers but also well traveled. I've stayed in over 100 hostels worldwide in my life. I admittedly didn't research this one too much. I had no idea they had over 400 beds. That's way too many for a hostel. The staff were awesome but it was sooooo crowded, and mostly with high school groups and 20 year olds. (Fine, but 400!) The shared kitchen was disgusting dirty. Nobody cleaned the dishes after 3 days. And someone stole our food and blender. Small hostels are better!

the shower in my room was broken.

Great staff

• 13th Nov 2014

I would rate Wombats City Hostel higher but for VERY loud noise late at night - woke me out of a dead sleep around 2 AM and the staff wasn't very sympathetic to my request they turn the radio/music down. They did but not in a friendly manner. I was two floors above them and could not only hear/feel the bass but also the melody periodically. Nor was I impressed by the security guard who challenged me because of my request. The staff [graveyard shift] were very non-professional.

Dear Guest! We are really sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. Since the hostel wasn't that busy, the bar also closed around midnight, so that couldn't be the source of the noise. We have the music on at the reception to create a welcoming athmoshere and it's never that loud that you can hear it in your rooms. Anyway, we are sorry again and we'll make sure that our staff deals with similar problems on a lot more professional way.

Awesome hostel! Have no complaints :)

I was travelling with a group of 6 friends.The fact we could all stay in the same dorm was brilliant . We loved the place. It was so secure and staff were so helpful !!! They laid back environment of the place really made us enjoy our stay and the price was brilliant . We really hope to be back again next year :) Thanks for the great experiene !

• 8th Nov 2014

I really loved the location of the hostel, and the staff were very friendly. However, during my stay there the bathroom in my room was dirty when I arrived and not cleaned once while I was there. As a result, it was very uncomfortable to use the washroom as the water was not draining properly and the floor was muddy. Other than that, it was a great visit - easy to walk to everything in Budapest!

Great Hostel and PERFECT LOCATION. Everything you need.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7