Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Great location, lots of bars, shops and restaurants around. Walking distance to everything! Great hostel

Very good hostel. Everything was perfect: security, location, staff, etc. I recommend this amazing place for everyone.

The hostel is clean and has a good location. But for me it was just to massive. There were a lot a bachelor party's, waiting to check in, no atmosphere, not a good place for a single traveller to meet other travellers.

We recently stayed here while we were travelling. The hostel is in the perfect location in the centre of the City. The staff were lovely, very helpful and welcoming. There is a bar in the hostel which is a great way to meet other travellers. The room was clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again!

Thanks for the nice words, hope to see you in our other houses as well! :-)

Great location, large hostel so atmosphere somewhat lacking. Staff were helpful with the exception of one. Clean rooms. Would stay there again

Hello! Thanks for your feedback, we try our best to make the hostel even more cosy despite of the size. Also, it would be very useful if you could tell us via private mail what made you feel that our receptionist wasn!t helpful. We`d like to avoid such situations in the future.Hope to see you next time.

hairdryer is important for travelers! if broken,they should be fixed. in the meantime, a good idea would be to have some in the reception.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Greece

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback and we are really sorry if you had difficulties with the hairdyer. All technical problems should be reported at the reception and usually fixed in a few hours maximum!There are exceptional cases when we need more time, but there always should be a solution by changing rooms etc. So sorry again if you were not satisfied with our solution or it took too long time.Hope to see you next time anyway!

Great location, you can find whatever you need around. didn't see any bad sied about there.I also recommend all Wombat's Hostels.They are really good at their jobs.

Thank you, visit us in London as well! :-)

Not as great as I'd hoped. Wifi was not worth logging on to, not unusual though. Staff weren't helpful and atmosphere wasn't as good as slightly smaller hostels. I prefer Maverick Hostel.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback and sorry for your expereinces! It would be a great help for us if you could tell us via private mail what made you feel that our receptionist wasn`t helpful.We`d like to make sure that it won`t happen again! Regarding the atmosphere: of course it can`t be as cosy as a small hostel, but we try our best to make more than 400 guests feel like at home. The bar, the guest kitchen and the cosy lobby is also just for that!

great really hostel. just need to hire more staff. salaries in budapest aind that high.

A very well located hostel that feels really large. Can be a bit overwhelming as most stayers are in big tour groups. Staff were next to useless and not particularly enthusiastic about much. Otherwise my room was great but some of the other boys got bedbugs.

Hello! Thanks for your feedback and sorry that you didn`t enjoy your stay that much. To avoid such complaints in the future, pls tell us in a private e-mail what made you feel that our receptionists were not helpful enough. And yes, we have big groups regularly, but we are always careful and try keep the balance with having as many individual travellers as possible. Hope to see you again sometimes!

Clean, secure and modern. A little bit noisy at times but that's no big deal. Would stay again.

very Kind welcome, detailled introduction, completely satisfying of course it is a hostel for Young People, therefore we accepted the noice Level in and around the compound, also the furnishing style good choice to set up a hostel in Kiraly utca

• 2nd Sep 2014

Only bad point : way too big, it looses the spirit of a hostel

The atmosphere was poor as a solo traveller, I would recommend staying at a smaller more personal hostel so it's easier to make friends. I thought the women on the desk was impatient and somewhat rude when I asked for some advice on how to see the sights of Budapest. This was unlike the Wombats Hostel at Vienna who were much more helpful, so maybe take a leaf from their book. The halls were full of kids running up and down and shouting until 5 which cost me sleep and I felt tired on my travels.

Hi there! Thank you for your review and we are deeply sorry for your unpleasant expreinces. It would be a great help if you could tell us in a private mail what exactly mad you feel that our receptionist was not helpful.And yes, we try to do our best to make the atmosphere cosier, but most of our guest find the place&time for getting know each other in the bar,guest kitchen, during breakfast or even with having fun in the laundry room! :-) Hope to see you next time!

Big hostel but facilities are great and kept clean. Had a double private room which was about double the size of ones in hotels, even dorm rooms I caught glimpses off appeared quite spacious. Well equipped kitchen, laundry, lots of common areas, use of boardgames, books and computers. There's a bar in the hostel although we found cheaper drinks elsewhere. Very good location, right in the middle of the city, Pest side. Wifi worked great in room.

Best hostel I've stayed on my trip, it's pretty big but so easy to meet people in the large comman area/bar. Staff were super helpful and friendly. I have to say best location in he whole of Budapest, so close to get everywhere and there are so many trendy stores/cafés/bars and places to eat a step outside the hostel! Couldn't recommend this place enough.

best located at the nightlife hotspot, next to the central station/place, perfect for sightseeing in every cardinal direction, friendly staff 24/7, noble size of room (4 bed dorm)

• 27th Aug 2014

The location is perfect! Also fun bar in the lobby, helpful staff, clean rooms. However, we were on the first floor and got woken up by people yelling in the halls every night that we were there. If I come back to Budapest, I would look for a hostel in the same location but wouldn't necessarily stay at the Wombat again due to the noise.

Good hostel however not that easy to meet people as a solo traveller.

Great hostel in a great location. I'd recommend staying here!!

• 26th Aug 2014