Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

The airport had lost my bag, so I would check the front desk a couple times a day to be safe

Very good!

Apparently this was an old hotel and it really showed. We stayed in a twin room which was huge and really clean. There was a huge bar and lounge area which was really great and it was in a great location (especially for Bar Szimpla). Most of the staff were really helpful, although there were a couple who didn't seem particularly bothered. Buffet breakfast was good if you got down early enough but if you went too late it was pretty disappointing.

Very helpful in accommodating our room changes via email before we arrived for such a big group! Such a huge clean lobby felt more like a hotel than hostel but without the prices :)

Good overall hostel but really bad wifi and is loud on weekends.

When you have a buffet shared by hundreds of people, it is essential guests use clean plates every time they refill their places. Bread should be pre-cut. Guests put their hands all over the bread! I was horrified at the lack of clean plates! Providing guests with just one plate/bowl is a great way to spread foodborne illness. A disease outbreak at your hostel could infect hundreds--and you better believe that won't bring good ratings. http://www.food-safety-and-you.com/FoodSafetyBuffet.html

• 10th Apr 2014

The staff are extremely helpful and informative. My co-traveller and I were very late checking out (4 hours), and although it caused them a lot of hassle, they were understanding and saw the funny side, especially after buying a beer for them to apologise

• 9th Apr 2014

This hostel was a fantastic value and location. Everyone at the reception desk was friendly and helpful. The only minor issue is that when we were leaving, a cleaning lady came in and gave us directions in Hungarian, despite us obviously not understanding what she was saying.

• 7th Apr 2014

yes very good accommodation clean id say recently refurbishment, security was excellent, shower facility had instant hot water , only one complaint was come noisy hostellers that nobody told to be quiet , but overall excellent wouls recommend

• 6th Apr 2014

The room next to us was very noisy. A group of boys were singing, shouting, very loud laughing,.. At 12 pm. The people at the receptiondesk and the security man didn't do a thing !!! We told our story 3 times. After half an hour waiting, the security guy went with us. By the time, the group was out. Not fun at all!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel, and right in the centre of Budapest

My experience was wonderful! I really felt like I was in a hotel and not a hostel. I was so pleased with my stay! One thing I was disappointed with was that the bar was not open at convenient hours so my friend and I never had a chance to cash in our free drink. But other than that my expectations were met and exceeded!!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Excellent Stay! Everything is so perfect!!

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great Hostel for a good price...

This hostel is one of the best I've ever stayed in anywhere around the world. The facilities were cleaned every day, the breakfast for about 3€ was very good and the location of the hostel is perfect. Close to the underground, close to the main sights in Pest and very close to restaurants, pubs and clubs. The Danube and Buda are also in good walking distance. In my opinion a fantastic location for a low budget and great stay in Budapest!

• 1st Apr 2014

excellent location, large breakfast.

Was a good experience all over !!

• India

Probably the best location for traveling around Budapest. Just a min walk from the station. Really clean and modern look. Had many brochures for sightseeing available.

• Japan

Decent hostel but very little atmosphere to meet people as a solo travelker. Great location though.

Probably the best hostel I've ever been to.

• 31st Mar 2014