Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Had a womderful time here.

Great stay! The staff was always available and gave us lots of precise advice about where to go for visits and party! The hostel itself is clean, cheap AND perfectly located. Highly recommended!

• 21st Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great location and variety of local eating places was superb! A short walk to the Opera House. I would stay again on my next visit to Budapest. Great security and cleanliness! -- Greg

GREAT location! Super friendly staff! Atmosphere was a bit more like in a hotel than a hostel, which was fine for us, but maybe not for solo traveler looking to meet others. We had a nice big double room for a great price. Only complaint was that it smelt a bit moldy (although we didn't see any mold) - would be great if hostel could improve the ventilation!

We're older travelers but also well traveled. I've stayed in over 100 hostels worldwide in my life. I admittedly didn't research this one too much. I had no idea they had over 400 beds. That's way too many for a hostel. The staff were awesome but it was sooooo crowded, and mostly with high school groups and 20 year olds. (Fine, but 400!) The shared kitchen was disgusting dirty. Nobody cleaned the dishes after 3 days. And someone stole our food and blender. Small hostels are better!

the shower in my room was broken.

Great staff

• 13th Nov 2014

I would rate Wombats City Hostel higher but for VERY loud noise late at night - woke me out of a dead sleep around 2 AM and the staff wasn't very sympathetic to my request they turn the radio/music down. They did but not in a friendly manner. I was two floors above them and could not only hear/feel the bass but also the melody periodically. Nor was I impressed by the security guard who challenged me because of my request. The staff [graveyard shift] were very non-professional.

Dear Guest! We are really sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. Since the hostel wasn't that busy, the bar also closed around midnight, so that couldn't be the source of the noise. We have the music on at the reception to create a welcoming athmoshere and it's never that loud that you can hear it in your rooms. Anyway, we are sorry again and we'll make sure that our staff deals with similar problems on a lot more professional way.

Awesome hostel! Have no complaints :)

I was travelling with a group of 6 friends.The fact we could all stay in the same dorm was brilliant . We loved the place. It was so secure and staff were so helpful !!! They laid back environment of the place really made us enjoy our stay and the price was brilliant . We really hope to be back again next year :) Thanks for the great experiene !

• 8th Nov 2014

I really loved the location of the hostel, and the staff were very friendly. However, during my stay there the bathroom in my room was dirty when I arrived and not cleaned once while I was there. As a result, it was very uncomfortable to use the washroom as the water was not draining properly and the floor was muddy. Other than that, it was a great visit - easy to walk to everything in Budapest!

Great Hostel and PERFECT LOCATION. Everything you need.

it would be good to have find soap in bathroom, because in influenza season some people who do not yet have one can infect others..... Btw, i have been to vienna and berlin at wombats and i think budapest is the best experience.....

Hi there! Thank you for the great feedback and for the advice. Actually we do have soap in the common bathrooms and in the private rooms..Hope to see you again sometimes!

전반적으로 무난한 숙소이긴 하지만, 움밧이 너무 유명하다고해서 기대해서인지 오히려 실망했던 곳이예요. 침대, 베개 커버에 머리카락 뭉치가 있기도 했고 침대 청결도가 좋진 않았어요. 다른 부분은 만족합니당ㅋㅋ

Was not impressed with this hostel. I had heard great reviews before visiting and during my stay, countless times the cleaners walked into my room without knocking whilst I was lay in bed (unclothed). Despite this happening 2 times whilst my 6 night stay, the location was good and the cleanliness was average. Some of the staff were very rude and made u feel uncomfortable. Wouldn't stay here again.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Wales

Hello! Thank you for the feedback and we are really sorry for your unpleasant experiences.Our professional cleaning staff clean all the rooms every day, so they all know they should knock on the doors, Probably there was a mistake on their cleaning list or you haven`t heard them knocking. Anway, really sorry for that! :-( We also make sure that only friendly and helpful receptionists work with us. Kind regards

We had an excellent stay in a twin room, nicer and cleaner than some hotels I've stayed in! Hostel is in a perfect location, right opposite a beautiful street of nice bars and restaurants. Clubbing area is less than a 10min walk. Glad we decided against the party hostels, it's just crazy outside those clubs till gone 7am. Nothing but good reports :) Showers amazing and room cleaned daily. Not as much of a social vibe, but that's what bars and clubs are for!

• 30th Oct 2014

Great hostel but wouldnt reccomend staying there in the shoulder or off-season, as it's just too big for how many people are staying there (that is, if you want to meet anyone).

I arrived late at night at the hostel and the staff was very friendly and efficient, so i could get to bed soon after arrival. The room was large, clean, and the bathroom excellent. The only issue that needs to mentioned is that next morning I could not have breakfast, since I had no local currency and I could not use the card, because they are not allowed to charge on card payments of less than 10 euro. Such a pity for a great hostel in a great city!

Hi there! Thank you for the great feedback and we are really sorry that you couldn't have breakfast. :-( It shouldn't have been such a big trouble, cause there are 4 ATMs in 50 meters and a good currency exchange in 5 min walk. Next time you can also leave some deposit for the breaky until you get the local currency. Sorry again, but in Hungary you need to have HUF with you and it's also indicated on the HW Website. All the best from Budapest :-)

Good place,

Thank you so much for you fabulous hospitality, I loved my stay there :-)

• 26th Oct 2014