Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

We had problems with the reservation of the rooms, had the damaged window, the air conditioning did not work, the broken elevators, and were almost an entire morning without water in the rooms.

• Portugal

I spent 4 nights in Wombats Budapest and had a really bad time. When I arrived I was told that that the elevator was out of service, but they didn't tell me that the air conditioner wasn't working as well. Even in the middle of the high season, the hostel manager left for vacation, so nothing could be fixed even when it was 40°C degrees outside. Thing were nonfunctional since at least a week before my staying.

• Argentina

It was very hot and we have suffered all night

• 29th Aug 2015

The hostel was cool looking and the staff were really nice. But as far as I could tell, there was no A/C anywhere. We reserved 2 different rooms, paid extra for A/C in both rooms, and it never worked in either room. I heard this similar complaint from other travelers about their "A/C" room. In addition, no fans or any thing else was provided. All in all, it was a very sweaty stay. Which I don't always mind if I'm prepared for it, and of course unless I specifically pay extra to avoid it.

• 28th Aug 2015

Hi there!Thank you for your feedback and we are more than sorry for the unpleasant stay.In Hungary we still had the heat alert on during your stay,plus we had to suffer the comlications of a massive strom lately,that's why our elevators and AC didn't work.However you don't pay extra for the AC,it is installed in each and every room and it is a free,extra service,what we couldn't provide this time and we are reallly sorry for that. :( Hope to welcome you again sometimes with full service. Cheers

Absolutely horrendous, I have travelled the world and this is the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The main issue being its 35 degree so we booked this for the 'AC', which did not exist, was just shrugged off by rude and incompetent staff when we asked for a fan to compensate for the fact it was not working. Told us a lie that someone would be in to fix within the three days but nothing. The lift was broken for our entire stay as well so that's another issue, all in all this hostel was terr

Such a shame that the air conditioning wasn't working as it made sleeping rather uncomfortable. Other than that, it was a great hostel. Right in the middle of all the action.

• 27th Aug 2015

didn't enjoy my stay here. it is well located which is a plus but the staff are really unhelpful and one lady in particular was soo rude! the dorm I was in was a good size but the window was broken and the a/c didn't work - the room got so hot and it was hard to sleep. a single bathroom was in our dorm and was pretty dirty. there didn't appear to be any communal bathroom facilities on the floor either so if someone was in the bathroom you had to hope they wouldn't take long. wouldn't recommend!

A very good place, ideal for socializing. The elevator was not working, WiFi was very poor.

Super fun and super nice staff i think i fancy them all, not just the reception people everyone is just so lovely. Bar is good and fun and huge cool area to hang out. Amazing location near loads of ruin bars and clubs and can easily walk home alone at night and not feel scared at all. Only downside was the heat (the weather did just get super hot though so not entirely the hostels fault) because a lot of the air con was down. Also wifi not amazing connection all the time.

Classical Wombats, they are always good choice :) Everything ok, very nice building and all. After a crazy pubcrawl I was unable to check-out before 10am, but it was not a problem at all, thanks for that ;)

only two drawbacks: 1) elevator was not working; 2) WiFi was very poor

Everything was excellent about the hostel, except for two facts: 1) it is summer and air conditioner didn't work at any room, so me and roomates were melting at night and 2) the elevator which didn´t work either and made me carry a 31kg-luggage up to the 3rd floor.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Hi there!Thanks for the kind words,and sory for the inconveninces.:(The AC does work in each room,but during the heat alert in Hungary it couldn`t cool down the rooms perfectly,sorry for that.Also,thanks to the massive storm&flood in Bp downtown last week,our whole enginery was destroyed in the basement and unfortunately it takes a while to fix such a difficult elevator system and all the other engines.Pls visit us again sometimes for some more fun moments! :-) Cheers from Wombats Bp Staff

Extremely fun and sociable hostel. Very good bar downstairs and excellent staff who go out of their way to help you! Definitely recommend.

Awesome location right near all the bars and cheap eating. The wifi though was pretty much non-existent, especially at night and there was no fans or air conditioning in the rooms so it got extremely hot over night.

Had a comfortable stay and met great people in a clean and open environment. Awesome way to end our europe trip!

• 22nd Aug 2015

Heyyyy,thank you for the great words,we are soo happy that you enjoyed your stay!!! :-))

We had a great stay and the central location of the hostel was a big advantage, especially if you're here for a limited time. Also the staff are friendly and very helpfull!

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I loved staying this hostel. but it would be great of you have a sign to find your hostel easier.

Hello!Thank you for the feedback and we are happy that you had fun! :)Sorry to hear about your difficulties with the given directions.We`ll double check our sites if there is anything confusing and you could also let us know if you found some false info.Our house number and the Wombats flags are clearly visible from the street,so hopefully that is fine.Hope to see you again sometimes!

Great hostel - rooms were spacious, facilities were great and the pub crawl was a lot of fun!

one of the girls had her things stolen in the luggage room during my stay. it is a big and busy hostel but in my case was easy to make friends and hang out. no WiFi in my room and it was really weak downstairs. recommended!

Fantastic location, and atmosphere. Would have been nicer for us (4th floor) if at least one of the lifts was working.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7