Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

The place had some excellent reviews, but fell short of expectations Good - location, rooms were large, security key system was efficient, room was prepped early (checked in early) Would be great to have hot food onsite Staff need to work on their 'meet and greet' - this is your first interaction, and supplying information / maps / tips / being positive would have made that first interaction a lot better for me There wasn't anything arranged like tours, pub crawls Just felt a bit dull!

Super nice hostel. The only thing I have to sing them on was the terrible wifi.

• 23rd May 2015

I really enjoyed my time here. Everything was clean and the staff were super helpful. The location is awesome! I really like the road it's on. Overall, I highly recommend when staying in Prague!

Wasn't quite up to the Wombat's standard that I've seen before. The room was dark and the mattresses were thin. And as you can see from the other reviews - THE INTERNET SUCKS. It's slow and the connection drops every 10 minutes. That being said, it's still one of the top hostels around. But the competition is high in Budapest and I would stay at one of their rivals next time.

We stayed at the Wombats in Munich and knew this place would be well kept. It's huge, with 4 floors. we stayed in a 4 bed room eith no roommates and a private bathroom. Wifi was great and the bar and breakfast was cheap

A hotel messed up our reservation and the hostel can in in a pinch. Super easy and accommodating staff. Great location.

I love the hostal, I hope to see more wombats around the world!!

GREAT EXPIERIENCE! Staff was so helpful. Lockers with a key in each room for safe keeping. Great environment for traveling students and great location.

• 15th May 2015

Awesome location! Right in the city! The staff was really nice and helpfull! Some rooms could be cleaner but it was ok!

• 14th May 2015

The hostel staff was very friendly and helpful with restaurant suggestions and general questions. The noise level at this hostel is quite high, largely due to the fact that most people are young and there to party.

Hi there!Thank you for your nice feedback, but we are really sorry for your impression regarding the noise. We try to satisfy all our guests, even if they are here to party,sightseeing,business/school trip whatever, so next time pls don`t hesitate to come to reception so we can try to find a solution to provide you a calm&quiet sleep.Cheers from Budapest

The wifi don't work!

Hi there!Sorry for the unstabile wifi, we are working on it, and it already works fine in the common areas.Next time you come it will be perfect even in the basement. :-) All the best from Bp

I had a great time, excellent facilities and in the perfect location. only issue I had was terrible WiFi. it might be resolved now though.

Is an excellent hostal the rooms were big enough and so much space, it is clean and secure really well located and a great atmospher love the place

• 11th May 2015
  • Mexico

the stay was lovely here, the only downside is the wifi never worked but that's ok when you're out enjoying the sites of Budapest! :)

Classic Wombay experience. Unbelievable location.

• 11th May 2015

Hi there, hope to see you again! :-)))

Good hostel in great part of Budapest, more like a hotel than a hostel. Not much atmosphere so if you're going to party it's probably not the best place for that. Bath towels are the size of a small bath mat. Other than that we had a great stay.

The hostel is well situated in the center town of Budapest near historical places, restaurants, bars and transports. The only problem was the noise due to youngsters during the night but it's quite normal in a young hostel ;-) I will recommend the hostel only for young people. Regards

• 10th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Great stay here!

I went to Wombats after suggestion of my friend and i m so glad to go there everything.floor has it own cards everylocker has that too etc.and 8 bed rooms are more likely to 4+4 just like separeted rooms.staff was so helpful and had a lots of knowledge about city plans and programs etc.for me everything was so awesome but you should noticed these too their lockers are so secure and new but are small too if you want to put every staff in it forget it.For early sleepers its close night life ...

• 9th May 2015
  • Turkey

Hi there! Thank you for the nice feedback, we are soo happy that you enjoyed your stay! :( Sorry if you couldn`t fit all your staff to the locker,although we are suprised, cause a 70-80l backpack would fit in easily.Next time try it without the bag and only with your valuables! :-) Hope there will be a next time soon! Kind regards from Bp!

The staff are really nice and helpful, they really help us alot during our stay and it feels like home. Perfect location - convenient with restaurants and supermarkets nearby.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7