Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

This hostel had basic facilities, but was clean. The most expensive hostel I have stayed at, which may have been due to the location because the facilities were basic, no breakfast included and I found the bed quite uncomfortable. Wifi only works in the lobby and did not work that well. Bedroom and bathroom were clean but it seemed like a lot of rooms sharing between the bathroom.

Dear guest, many thanks for giving us a valuable Feedback, this is the way we can learn and satisfy all our guest. We feel sorry you found our Hostel way too expensive but at the moment, in the middle of the summer and comparing other hostels we find our rates reasonable, even if the breakfast is not included, it cost just 3,3 Euro and is all you can eat. We are working hard to implement a very well working WIFI Service, All our rooms are ensuite. We hope to welcome you here again.

In a fantastic location right by deak square which is a massive transport hub and close to all the ruin pubs. Pretty clean and comfy beds Let down by the absolutely awful wifi. When people complained staff said it was due to the hostel being full, I'm pretty sure this hostel is almostalmost always full - invest in a router for each level and guests will be a lot happier. None of us in my dorm get the locker to work so I had to keep my valuables in the safe at reception

Been traveling around Europe and always look forward to our stay at Wombats. Great people work there and so helpful all the time

Bad wifi. Overrated hostel

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Chile

It's a massive hostel so it can seem a bit impersonal, but it's clean and comfortable. Staff were awesome!

DISAPPOINTED. After staying in the fantastic Wombats in Berlin we were excited about Budapest but sadly it did not live up to expectations. Wifi was non existent all throughout the hostel even in communal spaces! Air con was poor and the hostel was unbearably hot throughout! Breakfast wasn't great- not much choice for the money. On the plus side our room was clean and spacious (just hot)! And facilities such as laundry, guest kitchen etc. were they good. Staff were helpful but slightly abrupt.

It was very hot! The fan in the room didn't seem to have any effect. Also, it was very noisy even at 2am in the night.

Chill hostel

I'm inconsiously comparing my experience here with my experience in the same hostel but in Vienna where atmosphere was much better in terms of possibility to socialize in the hostel. Here in Budapest I only met the people from my room who were ok but too dirty and much younger than me. Yes we arrived and left the same day which is convenient, but I'm sure I left things behind because of the mess they had in the room. I was really making an effort to come home before them to take a clean shower

Hi there!We are sorry for your unpleasant experiences,but next time pls let us know if you don't feel coomfortable with your roommates,so at least we can try to give you a different room.But I think messy roommates in a hostel are not the hostel's faults...Usually the bar,lobby,kitchen and even the laundry room is very social here where we needed to put some chairs cause the guest were hanging out and chitchat there so much..:-)Anyway,sorry for your bad luck,I hope next time it'll be better..

Everything was very nice, clean and new :) EXCEPT THE WIFI WAS SH*T! I really thought that was ridiculous, I wasn't even able to instant message properly let alone talk or upload a instagram photo... I was realy anoyed by that.

The hostel itself was very nice and clean and accommodating. However the staff was unprofessional and unknowledgable. They didn't tell us anything about the area or our room. We asked a desk staff member about events going on at the hostel and he couldn't tell us and acted like it was a weird question. We had issues with our rooms and one staff member was incredibly rude and unprofessional, on top of being unhelpful. I recommend the hostel, but not the staff. The bar crawl staff was nice enough.

• 19th Jul 2015

Hi there!We are more than sorry for your expereinces and also very surprised:our staff members are all cool,friendly guys who know Bp very well and we don't really get complaints like yours.We would appreciate if you would tell us via e-mail what exactly made you feel like that,so we can avoid similar situations in the future.Sorry again and hope to have you here again sometimes to show you our best performance.Cheers

A big modern hostel with hotel like facilities.

although staffs said 'we assigned you to female dorm for your 2 night', I got up in the morning with a man's horrible snoring in my room.(7am) I was really shocked because I believed staff's saying, even I shouted 'This is female room!' But a lady who was staying in same room said that it is mix room. So I strongly complain to hostel staffs. However, hostel staff just said Calm down and changed my room to other female dorm. Although I got a one breakfast coupon from staff, it ruined my trip

Love wombats, both in Budapest and Vienna. So clean and it has great facilities. My fave being the massive couches that you could sleep on before check in after a tiring night train. Also the kitchen is nice and big. Gets pretty ratty because of people's lack of cleaning up after themselves. Location perfect. Love the wombats

Great hostel in ideal location. Pretty standard, but didn't appreciate being checked up on by staff early each morning to see who was in your room, it woke me up each day.

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback and we are sorry for the inconveniences, however you should have get use to this if you stay in hostels often. Unfortunately there is no other way to find the guests who forget to check out but to check if they are still in the room or left the hostel and the city with our key or who knows...You can only avoid this problem if you stay in private rooms, but fortunately it doesn`t happen too often.Unlucky you, sorry again! All the best from Bp

If you're staying in Budapest, stay here!! Honestly!! Lovely helpful staff. Rooms were second to none! Super guest kitchen and laundry facilities! Wifi was a bit iffy at times but most of the time, it was grand!! Up the wombats!!! 👍

• 13th Jul 2015

Kösziiiiii! :-))))

Great hostel, very close to metro station. You get a voucher for a free beer at their bar when you check in. They help with transport to airport when you leave. No complaints at all.

This hostel does not have wifi! It says is does but no one can connect to it. Also there is a lack of atmosphere despite the bar. I think when a hostel is this big and industrial it becomes impersonal. Staff couldn't help us when we asked where's good to eat. Good location and good rooms although they aren't as clean as they claim they are - our bathroom was filthy.

Hello!Sorry for our unstabile wifi!We are aware of it&working on it,but it actually works for most of the guest,but it truly has difficulties,sorry!Our staff knows Bp perfectly,but maybe our new colleagues need more practice,they`ll get it right away.We are a huge hostel,but we try our best to make it fun with our friendly staff,cool bar&lobby,pub crawl&walking tour, so hope to see you again to prove it.Cheers from Bp

The staff lacked knowledge of Budapest and were unable to recommend any activities, restaurants, or anything in the city. The sheets I received were stained with blood. They advertise free wifi and amenities, however, wifi is only in the lobby and the amenities have to be paid for. I wanted to rent a towel but they ran out so I had to "air dry." The hostel was loud at all hours of the night even though the hostel advertises "quite hours." Needless to say I did not sleep at all.

• 12th Jul 2015

Hi there!Sorry for your disappointing experiences,BUT:we choose our staff members from local guys and they know the city verywell!We also have some new colleagues,but they always work with the most experienced ones,so you can ask more opinions at once.Yes,sometimes we run out of towels,but this is a free,extra service&there is never more delay than 12-24h hours until the next delivery.FREEwifi&pasta&basic cooking stuff&1welcome drink&tablesoccer&guidebook,umbrella,adapter etc. rental..Cheers

Good hostel in a great location, staff were friendly and really informative, only issues were the wifi which didn't work in our room on the third floor and because the hostel was so big it was difficult to socialise apart from on the pub crawl which they host.

• 11th Jul 2015