Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Great facilities and location. Friendly hostel and I would stay here again.

Great place!

• 17th Jul 2014

Great guests! :-) Hope to see you again sometimes!

Vey well located. Very friendly stuff at the reception. A little noisy in the nights to sleep, but otherwise very good.

Really liked this hostel and would definitely stay again. Its right in the centre and we stayed in a 6 bed shared room and it was a very good size. The ensuite bathroom had a bit of a smell all the time but it was clean enough.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Staff is so so so so so poor very poor. They joked lower english people and laughed. So I hate them.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Hi there! We are extremly sorry for your experiences, it must have been a misunderstanding, cause we would never let our staff to behave like that. Sorry again and hope to see you again sometimes so we could change your opinion!

Very nice, as usual per Wombats, but the ones I stayed at in Vienna and Berlin were better. The Budapest room was very dark, due to the dark green painted walls and small lamps. The shower nozzel was also broken. People were very loud in the halls but luckily they quieted down before I went to bed. As usual for Wombats the staff was helpful, my bags and person secure in the luggage room and room, and the location was convenient. Their instructions led me there very easily

• 13th Jul 2014

Hi there! Thank you for your useful feedback, but next time pls feel free to come the reception with technical issues anytime! Also, beside the normal ceiling lamp there are reading lamps next to each bed, so usually we don`t have such complaints, but we are very sorry for your bad experiences. :( Cheeers

Hostel was great. The internet was terrible and you could not use it during items of high traffic (9.30am- noon and anytime after 6pm). Staff could have been more accommodating. Many weren't super friendly or in any hurry to serve me and could not recommend local places to eat etc.

Great place to stay. Location was prime. Wifi was awful but would stay again in a heartbeat

Really fantastic hostel and a great price for the location it is in. One small thing - the wifi really sucks. Slow and unreliable. So be prepared to go to one of the many cafes around to use the wifi there.

• 10th Jul 2014

Amazing location and great atmosphere

Very big, clean

Loved it, so easy, so clean, so friendly, so helpful

So nice from you! :-) Hope to see you again!

Great atmosphere and the hostel is right in the centre where you can easily get access to all the main sites, bars and cafes.

Sometimes there was still dirt and debris in the corners of the room and under the beds. Otherwise a fantastic place to stay, especially if you're travelling alone. Very easy to meet people.

really great hostel, very big so great to meet new people. i traveled as part of a group of 5 other girls, we had our on private room which was great to have our own space then the bar downstairs was great for meeting new people. hostel is in a great location near lots of bars and a short walk away from main attractions and a metro stop which will take you anywhere! highly recommend this hostel- very clean and comfortable.

• 7th Jul 2014

Staff were all so friendly and helpful. No question was a stupid question in their eyes! Thank you everybody.

• 7th Jul 2014

Great location. Some staff very helpful.

I got fresh sheets, but that didn't cover the body odour smell coming from the bed. It would be nice if they disinfected/deodorized the beds after each guest. My locker and bedside light didn't work, but the room felt pretty secure. The staff were helpful, they helped me reschedule my airport shuttle when there were changes to my flight home.

This hostel is a gem in the heart of Budapest. It is on the Pest side and surrounded by great restaurants and bars. No more that a 5- 10 minute walk from everything. The atmosphere was more like a hotel and everyone was friendly and welcoming. Wombats was the cherry on top of a great trip.

Really good, amazing location and definitely go to epic, really nice cocktailbar in one minute walking distance!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7