Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

hy the staff is nice and very helpful and the location is excellent, BUT the bathroom could have been much cleaner... for the prize it was a pretty nice hostel though!!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Austria

Hi there!Thank you for the nice words, and we are really sorry for the bathroom situation. We clean all rooms and bathrooms EVERY DAY, but it could happen,that after cleaning and before you arrive back to your room your roommates already have used the bathroom and it doesn`t look perfect. In these cases you can always let the reception know so we can arrange some extra cleaning. Thank you for the understanding and hope to see you again!

The wifi is the only let down

I stayed in this hostel for two nights. It was my first time in a hostel so I don't have much comparison. Overall the staff was really friendly and helpfull. The rooms are a bit on the sterile side though and the WiFi was terrible! Loved the location. I was really close to the centre and there was also a subway entrance nearby.

• 16th Oct 2014

It was really good for me. Even though there were a few guys who made some noise, it was not affected to sleep well. Every employee in a reception were really friendly and kind (except for 1 girl who worked at daytime) & there has a big lobby and bar for customer. It is located in a good area to get to any tour area such as Buda castle, Chatholic church, etc.

Thank you for the nice feedback and sorry for the noisy moments. Next time please feel free anytime to let the reception know if you had some complaints so they can fix the problem.Also, it would be very much appreciated if you could tell us via mail what made you feel that the receptionist wasn`t friendly. Thank you and hope to see you again sometimes!

More of a hospital than a hostel. Their focus on cleanliness has made the place into a fluorescent-lit whitewashed nightmare. There must be 2000 beds in the place. If you're looking for a hostel experience, this isn't it. If you're on holiday with 10-1000 of your friends and don't want to meet new people , this would be a good place to stay.

Everything was great we mixed up are dates and got there a day early the staff was very helpful and found us a room to stay in. A tag for beds would be helpful though

great hostel. rooms are as good as a 4* hotel. staff are so helpful. They know there stuff. Going back again for sure.

Please do soo! :-))))

Best hostel ever.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks to the great guests like you! :-)))

Well located on a street with near cafes and restaurants and steps to bars and clubs. Also very easy to walk to see most major sites that are great all around. You can also access the bike share very cheap and easy. I've stayed in other wobats but this one is my fave.

• 11th Oct 2014

Thanks a lot, this is also our favourite hostel! :-))) Hope to see you again sometimes!

We felt secure and although two or three times the age of the majority never really out of place. Cleanliness was excellent, the rooms spacious and functional. Good breakfast and unbeatable location.

• 10th Oct 2014

Thank you for the great feedback, hope to meet you in our other houses as well! :)

Excellent location! Great atmosphere. Met some awesome people on the walking tour. Staff were friendly enough. The rooms were very clean and very secure. Kitchen and common area were both huge, laundry was decent, wifi was terrible, it only worked at 3:30am when no one was on it. I didn't find breakfast was worth it. I would recommend this hostel.

Thank you for the feedback! We try our best to improve the wifi and we are really sorry that you didn`t like the breaky. For this price (3,3 €) in Budapest you can get one coffee and probably a tiny croissant in a cafe, but not an all you can eat buffet breakfast with cheese,salami, different breads, yogurt, muesli,juice,corn flakes etc. Hope to give you a better impression next time! :-)

As a middle aged couple (56 yr olds) we decided to try out staying in a Hostel rather than a hotel. We found staff in Budapest to be very efficient, they booked Spas, Theatre, Restaurants for us and provided excellent advice on what Budapest had to offer.. we initially only booked one night and ended up staying four nights... great value... thank you.

Thank YOU! :-)))

Great spot, clean rooms but almost a bit too large to create an overly welcoming/social environment. Was still a great stay and will go again.

Excellent hostel! Very clean toilets, awesome bar, very helpful staff!! This hostel was better than most 4 star hotels I have stayed at!! Highly highly recommended!!

Great place, very comfy bed and clean room. Good for young people who like to party, a little less for people who want to sleep at descent hours.

• 6th Oct 2014

Good hostel. Depending on what you are looking for. Given its location, the hostel is filled with younger people wanting to party. This would be a great hostel for them. I am an older traveller and even though I did like the hostel, it was too loud on the weekend night. It also felt too hotel-ish and impersonal to me, compared to other hostels I have been in. Breakfast is extra, but not too expensive.

Everything is good except check in experience. He was chatting with his colleague during the whole process and did not offer wifi username and password.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Singapore

Staff is very helpful. The hostel is located close to metro stations and square with several Hop on Hop off busses. Don't forget to exchange your money into the local currency.

3mins from station. With lockers inside the room. Spacious room. Great social atmosphere and facilities at lobby. Would definitely recommend this hostel !

The room was big enough but I felt it's a little bit dark. I like Wombats.(I mean the budapest one)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7