Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Everything was fantastic and the receptionists were awesome with booking things to do and advice.

• 16th Apr 2014

The staff is not very kind, good location

Overall, a great experience. The beds were comfortable and I really liked the skylights. The only nitpick I have is that I found hairs of previous hostel clients in my bed.

The airport had lost my bag, so I would check the front desk a couple times a day to be safe

Very good!

Great hostel!! Very nice atmosphere. Staff very helpful. Excelent location, right in the city centre, very close to the main Metro Station. Rooms are big, clean, and safe. The shower in the 6 bed dorm I stayed in was a bit uncomfortable, but nothing terrible. Nice atmosphere at the bar, perfect to start a night out and meet people. Breakfast nice and cheap! Would definitely come back.

Super easy to find, great location and very helpful staff

• 13th Apr 2014

The only problem about the hostel was the wi-fi connection

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Bolivia

Apparently this was an old hotel and it really showed. We stayed in a twin room which was huge and really clean. There was a huge bar and lounge area which was really great and it was in a great location (especially for Bar Szimpla). Most of the staff were really helpful, although there were a couple who didn't seem particularly bothered. Buffet breakfast was good if you got down early enough but if you went too late it was pretty disappointing.

Probably say it was the best shower I've had in Europe! Spacious, modern and clean rooms and bathrooms and friendly and helpful staff! EXCELLENT location... heaps of good bars and restaurants right opposite and the best pizza next door!

• 12th Apr 2014

excellent hostel! I love the wombats chain! every wombats is awesome!

Very helpful in accommodating our room changes via email before we arrived for such a big group! Such a huge clean lobby felt more like a hotel than hostel but without the prices :)

Good overall hostel but really bad wifi and is loud on weekends.

When you have a buffet shared by hundreds of people, it is essential guests use clean plates every time they refill their places. Bread should be pre-cut. Guests put their hands all over the bread! I was horrified at the lack of clean plates! Providing guests with just one plate/bowl is a great way to spread foodborne illness. A disease outbreak at your hostel could infect hundreds--and you better believe that won't bring good ratings. http://www.food-safety-and-you.com/FoodSafetyBuffet.html

• 10th Apr 2014

The staff are extremely helpful and informative. My co-traveller and I were very late checking out (4 hours), and although it caused them a lot of hassle, they were understanding and saw the funny side, especially after buying a beer for them to apologise

• 9th Apr 2014

This hostel was a fantastic value and location. Everyone at the reception desk was friendly and helpful. The only minor issue is that when we were leaving, a cleaning lady came in and gave us directions in Hungarian, despite us obviously not understanding what she was saying.

• 7th Apr 2014

yes very good accommodation clean id say recently refurbishment, security was excellent, shower facility had instant hot water , only one complaint was come noisy hostellers that nobody told to be quiet , but overall excellent wouls recommend

• 6th Apr 2014

The room next to us was very noisy. A group of boys were singing, shouting, very loud laughing,.. At 12 pm. The people at the receptiondesk and the security man didn't do a thing !!! We told our story 3 times. After half an hour waiting, the security guy went with us. By the time, the group was out. Not fun at all!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel, and right in the centre of Budapest

I came as a solo traveller and stayed in the co-ed room of 8. The second I arrived I felt welcomed, from not only the staff, but also my fellow travelers. Beyond the amazing hospitality and lively atmosphere, Wombat's was phenomenally clean and comfortable. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a great time in Budapest.

• 4th Apr 2014