Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Very helpful in accommodating our room changes via email before we arrived for such a big group! Such a huge clean lobby felt more like a hotel than hostel but without the prices :)

The staff are extremely helpful and informative. My co-traveller and I were very late checking out (4 hours), and although it caused them a lot of hassle, they were understanding and saw the funny side, especially after buying a beer for them to apologise

• 9th Apr 2014

This hostel was a fantastic value and location. Everyone at the reception desk was friendly and helpful. The only minor issue is that when we were leaving, a cleaning lady came in and gave us directions in Hungarian, despite us obviously not understanding what she was saying.

• 7th Apr 2014

The room next to us was very noisy. A group of boys were singing, shouting, very loud laughing,.. At 12 pm. The people at the receptiondesk and the security man didn't do a thing !!! We told our story 3 times. After half an hour waiting, the security guy went with us. By the time, the group was out. Not fun at all!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel, and right in the centre of Budapest

My experience was wonderful! I really felt like I was in a hotel and not a hostel. I was so pleased with my stay! One thing I was disappointed with was that the bar was not open at convenient hours so my friend and I never had a chance to cash in our free drink. But other than that my expectations were met and exceeded!!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Excellent Stay! Everything is so perfect!!

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great Hostel for a good price...

This hostel is one of the best I've ever stayed in anywhere around the world. The facilities were cleaned every day, the breakfast for about 3€ was very good and the location of the hostel is perfect. Close to the underground, close to the main sights in Pest and very close to restaurants, pubs and clubs. The Danube and Buda are also in good walking distance. In my opinion a fantastic location for a low budget and great stay in Budapest!

• 1st Apr 2014

excellent location, large breakfast.

Was a good experience all over !!

• India

Probably the best location for traveling around Budapest. Just a min walk from the station. Really clean and modern look. Had many brochures for sightseeing available.

• Japan

Probably the best hostel I've ever been to.

• 31st Mar 2014

Clean, good location and friendly staff... One of my best experience of youth hostel. The Wombats city hostel atmosphere is nice to party as the hostel's bar is a good place to gather with others. If you're going to Budapest, you should choose Wombats.

• 28th Mar 2014

Nice place, beginning of a cool adventure

The best hostel ever :))) More than great value for money. Staff was very friendly and helpful, large and interesting chill-out area, spacious and clean rooms. Location is very good too, near Deak Ferenc metro station with good connections to different places in town. My recommendation for everyone...

We absolutely loved this hostel. It was just a little bit to loud during the night. Maybe the staff could have a little walk through the hostel in the night.

• 24th Mar 2014

Very sophisticated look and feel to the hostel. Staff are helpful and the atmosphere s real fun. Very close to the main metro stop deak ferenc ter , st Stephens basilica and the main andrassy ut. Rooms are very spacious, bright and clean. A very good stay.

Very good place to stay in city centre but very noisy at night due to people running in corridors

Not only was this hostel a great deal, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. In addition, it had a very fun atmosphere and was quite clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7