Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

I really enjoyed my stay at Wombats. I actually came back a week later. The bar makes it very easy to meet people, it is clean, and there is a good kitchen. The only tiny thing is that the wifi doesn't always work well, but who cares, you are on vacation.

• 27th Sep 2014

Location and staff were excellent. Biggest hostel I've stayed at, so I don't believe they put an age limit- there were families/kids on a field trip, but is alright since the place is so big.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Prime location. Staff very friendly and helpful. Most sights on the pest side within walking distance such as St Stephens basilica . Breakfast decent and reasonable. Once of the most well decorated and roomy common room I've seeing

The staff was was great and so was the location of the hostel. The hostel is pretty big, so it is hard to meet other people. You can meet them when you do the free walking tour from the hostel. Bathroom was cleaned everyday, but got dirty very quickly (could be because of my roommates). Would defenitely recommend it!

Great location! Will definitely stay again

• 16th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Some of the lockers didn't work very well, I walked into a really messy room which I had to ask to be cleaned. The bathroom was disable room but the shower was broken and water went everywhere which made it messy and slippery. Other than that. Great hostel! Lovely and friendly staff. The room was big! In the best area. So close to everything. Good atmosphere at the bar. Would defiantly come back. Loved Budapest!!!!

Very well located hostel with decent facilites. However the cleaners pushed water onto my bags completly soaking them in bathroom scunge... not on.

• 13th Sep 2014

Hi there! We are really sorry for this accident and will make sure it never happens again! Hope to see you again sometimes!

It is one of the best hostel that I ever stayed. Everything was amazing, only the guy in the reception that was a little bit “direct” with us. Besides that, it is high recommend.

Great hostel. You need to smoke out the front door but there were locals waiting at the front trying to sell drugs/ask for cigarettes. Maybe management should look at this security. Apart from that it's a great hostel. Would stay again

Only thing bad was the WIFI. The hostel is really really clean. The social atmostphere is bad as there isn't much other than a bar but not very outgoing.

Great location, lots of bars, shops and restaurants around. Walking distance to everything! Great hostel

There were some problem with the bathroom: the shower overflowed and made the floor wet, and there was no hand soap for hand cleansing (I don't think the soap would cost that much for a room). Asides from this point, the hostel was very nice!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Vietnam

One word...bedbugs

• 8th Sep 2014

FAVOURITE hostel from our entire trip around Europe by far! Large, clean dorms with nice en-suite bathrooms. The location was great, very central and close to places to eat (pizza, Mexican etc). The staff were very friendly and happy to offer recommendations or give directions to certain places. The atmosphere was great - lots of other friendly backpackers up for a good time. We went to the bar every night and met new groups of people with whom we then went out with. Great free walking tour!

Very good hostel. Everything was perfect: security, location, staff, etc. I recommend this amazing place for everyone.

Awesome hostel good location clean and good atmosphere

The wireless connection was a big, frustrating problem. It would literally work for a minute at a time and you had to keep logging in.

The hostel is clean and has a good location. But for me it was just to massive. There were a lot a bachelor party's, waiting to check in, no atmosphere, not a good place for a single traveller to meet other travellers.

We recently stayed here while we were travelling. The hostel is in the perfect location in the centre of the City. The staff were lovely, very helpful and welcoming. There is a bar in the hostel which is a great way to meet other travellers. The room was clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again!

Thanks for the nice words, hope to see you in our other houses as well! :-)

Great location, large hostel so atmosphere somewhat lacking. Staff were helpful with the exception of one. Clean rooms. Would stay there again

Hello! Thanks for your feedback, we try our best to make the hostel even more cosy despite of the size. Also, it would be very useful if you could tell us via private mail what made you feel that our receptionist wasn!t helpful. We`d like to avoid such situations in the future.Hope to see you next time.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7