Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Great staff

• 13th Nov 2014

I would rate Wombats City Hostel higher but for VERY loud noise late at night - woke me out of a dead sleep around 2 AM and the staff wasn't very sympathetic to my request they turn the radio/music down. They did but not in a friendly manner. I was two floors above them and could not only hear/feel the bass but also the melody periodically. Nor was I impressed by the security guard who challenged me because of my request. The staff [graveyard shift] were very non-professional.

Awesome hostel! Have no complaints :)

I was travelling with a group of 6 friends.The fact we could all stay in the same dorm was brilliant . We loved the place. It was so secure and staff were so helpful !!! They laid back environment of the place really made us enjoy our stay and the price was brilliant . We really hope to be back again next year :) Thanks for the great experiene !

• 8th Nov 2014

I really loved the location of the hostel, and the staff were very friendly. However, during my stay there the bathroom in my room was dirty when I arrived and not cleaned once while I was there. As a result, it was very uncomfortable to use the washroom as the water was not draining properly and the floor was muddy. Other than that, it was a great visit - easy to walk to everything in Budapest!

Great Hostel and PERFECT LOCATION. Everything you need.

it would be good to have find soap in bathroom, because in influenza season some people who do not yet have one can infect others..... Btw, i have been to vienna and berlin at wombats and i think budapest is the best experience.....

Hi there! Thank you for the great feedback and for the advice. Actually we do have soap in the common bathrooms and in the private rooms..Hope to see you again sometimes!

Was not impressed with this hostel. I had heard great reviews before visiting and during my stay, countless times the cleaners walked into my room without knocking whilst I was lay in bed (unclothed). Despite this happening 2 times whilst my 6 night stay, the location was good and the cleanliness was average. Some of the staff were very rude and made u feel uncomfortable. Wouldn't stay here again.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Wales

Hello! Thank you for the feedback and we are really sorry for your unpleasant experiences.Our professional cleaning staff clean all the rooms every day, so they all know they should knock on the doors, Probably there was a mistake on their cleaning list or you haven`t heard them knocking. Anway, really sorry for that! :-( We also make sure that only friendly and helpful receptionists work with us. Kind regards

We had an excellent stay in a twin room, nicer and cleaner than some hotels I've stayed in! Hostel is in a perfect location, right opposite a beautiful street of nice bars and restaurants. Clubbing area is less than a 10min walk. Glad we decided against the party hostels, it's just crazy outside those clubs till gone 7am. Nothing but good reports :) Showers amazing and room cleaned daily. Not as much of a social vibe, but that's what bars and clubs are for!

• 30th Oct 2014

Great hostel but wouldnt reccomend staying there in the shoulder or off-season, as it's just too big for how many people are staying there (that is, if you want to meet anyone).

I arrived late at night at the hostel and the staff was very friendly and efficient, so i could get to bed soon after arrival. The room was large, clean, and the bathroom excellent. The only issue that needs to mentioned is that next morning I could not have breakfast, since I had no local currency and I could not use the card, because they are not allowed to charge on card payments of less than 10 euro. Such a pity for a great hostel in a great city!

Hi there! Thank you for the great feedback and we are really sorry that you couldn't have breakfast. :-( It shouldn't have been such a big trouble, cause there are 4 ATMs in 50 meters and a good currency exchange in 5 min walk. Next time you can also leave some deposit for the breaky until you get the local currency. Sorry again, but in Hungary you need to have HUF with you and it's also indicated on the HW Website. All the best from Budapest :-)

Thank you so much for you fabulous hospitality, I loved my stay there :-)

• 26th Oct 2014

Nice hostel! Not a great deal of atmosphere considering how many activities and parties the other hostels in Budapest organise. Also the wifi is some of the worst I've encountered. Still - the bar area is good and so are the kitchen facilities. A nice stay

Perfectly located, knowledgeable staff, clean rooms and a chilled atmosphere

It's a great modern hostel.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Austria

The staff are so disinterested

Hi there! Thank you for the feedback and we are more than sorry for your bad impressions. It would be very much appraciated if you could tell us via mail what exactly made you feel like this.Otherwise I'm sure that noone is disinterested in her/his job in this hostel..Anyway, we make sure it won't happen again! Hope to see you sometimes again!

Amazing hostel! location is very good, close to restaurants, parties and shops!

The hostel is awesome!! Right in the middle of the city with a thousand of restaurants/ pubs around for you to choose! Try the noodles place (wook 2 go). Very nice atmosphere, with only young people hanging around in the hostel bar at night where you are going to get a free beer. Enjoy Budapest with a great hostel.

Awesome hostel more like a hotel though, not that big into social events. Very clean!

hy the staff is nice and very helpful and the location is excellent, BUT the bathroom could have been much cleaner... for the prize it was a pretty nice hostel though!!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Austria

Hi there!Thank you for the nice words, and we are really sorry for the bathroom situation. We clean all rooms and bathrooms EVERY DAY, but it could happen,that after cleaning and before you arrive back to your room your roommates already have used the bathroom and it doesn`t look perfect. In these cases you can always let the reception know so we can arrange some extra cleaning. Thank you for the understanding and hope to see you again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7