Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Wonderful hostel! Great staff, fantastic location-very close to huge park and main clubbing street-, very lively hostel, bar allowed for socialising with other guests and everyone gets a free locker that locks using your room key card. Only criticism would be the bathroom containing both the toilet and shower that was to be shared between 8 people, wasn't as much of an issue as we thought it would be though.

Very clean, nice staff, good facilities, central and a nice hostel, not great for lone travellers as very big and has large groups so hard to meet people but overall a safe and lovely hostel!!

Stayed in a 6 bed dorm with ensuite. Big clean room with big beds and comfy pillows. Secure lockers and breakfast available for additional fee. Excellent location near bars, Jewish quarter, basilica and vaci utca. Wombats bar provides cheap drinks and good atmosphere .

• 24th Jun 2014

Very very impressed with this hostel. Great staff, and a fantastic location. The only things I was disappointed with were the wifi, and the cleanliness of my bathroom. Very hard to connect to internet, especially upstairs in the dorms. I'd imagine due to the amount of people staying here. Regardless, what started off as two nights has now turned into 7 and I've just checked back in again for just "one more night". Would thoroughly recommend.

Hello! Thank you for great words, and yes, we try to improve our wifi ASAP! Have a safe trip and come back anytime for another week! :-)

best hostel in budapest! i will return!

Thank you very much and please do so!!! :-)

위치도 좋고 나쁘지않은 청결상태, 그리고 모든 스태프가 친절했습니다. 다만 숙박객들이 시끄러운점, 특히 밤에 시끄러운것 빼고는 모든게 마음에 들었습니다.

I had a great time there. During this trip, I was travelling solo and the environment of the hostel makes easier to meet new friends. It is very well located, near to a main station and also near to great restaurants and pubs, which are located actually on the same street.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Hi there! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! :-) Pls, if you have, post some photos with your new friends on our facebook ! :P Cheers

The whole hostel was huge, very spacious. The wifi did not work very well. But the beds were comfortable. The bar downstairs was fun and had a relaxed atmosphere. Staff were friendly, but the bathroom in our room could have been cleaned more often. Still a great hostel

Big hostel with good facilities! Breakfast is not included, but it's just a small fee for a very good meal! Staff is amanzingly kind and answered me all the doubts I had. If you like to party, it's a perfect place: looots of bars/ pubs nearby! Very well located and you can easily go to all the sightseeing places by walking.

The wifi is spotty and gets annoying. This is a huge hostel that feels like a hotel. Not great for solo travelers. Great for a quick one-two night stay.

the atmosphere and the satff was very friendly. \wombats is one of the nicwst hostels very good job

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Greece

Yupiiiii, thank you very much! :-) Have a beautiful summer and come back sometimes!

Great hostel!! No complaints

Security for the most part was okay, except on the last night the door to my room broke. It was demagnetized or something. The people at the desk let me in with a key, but couldn't give me a key... The solution was to leave the door open a crack so the other roommates could get in. I don't know what a better solution would have been but it would have been nice if they'd tried a bit harder to resolve the situation.

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconveniences, Unfortunately the manual keys are not possible to be copied so we couldn't`t give you the only one. We had to wait for the maintenance company to fix the magnetic door lock next day, there was no other solution. In similar cases we always offer the guests to change rooms and I think we did it with you as well. Hope to see you again and give you a better impression without any troubles. Cheers

The front desk staff were really friendly and super helpful. Especially Donny.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Thank you very much! Donny (actually Dani :P ) is sending his greetings to you! Hope to see you again!

We stayed at two hostels in Budapest. We started at a party hostel, which was on of the best experiences of our entire eurotrip, but they were booked for our last couple days so we had to stay at Wombats. It is super clean, like a hipster hotel where you share a room with strangers. Everything feels new and hi tech, there is art everywhere and places to chill out in the lobby. We enjoyed our stay but it was not very social and after staying at Carpe Noctum Vitae, it just felt boring and tame.

• 21st Jun 2014

It's a very big hostel. But that doesn't make it not sociable. Lovely place to stay. Good location. Only one thing that's was extremely annoying. Horrible wifi connection.

Everything worked fine. Try the brekkie, it's worth it.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Finland

overall a nice hostel. however, low points: WORST WIFI I HAVE EVER USED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. they shouldnt advertise that there's free WIFI because it simply doesnt work, ever. they also left our bathroom uncleaned for a few days. also staff was friendly and helpful but often not very knowledgeable. and then there was a weird cup shortage. BUT, it was a very pretty, modern hostel with great beds, an amazing room setup - our 8 dorm felt like a 4 dorm, great lockers, great location and nice kitchen.

I would like to give a HUGE shout out to the Wombats staff, particularly ZSOUZSKA and FANNI. These two women helped me so much by calling the Budapest FedEx office in Hungarian for me after I lost many of my personal belongings in a previous city. I am very grateful for all of their help. The wifi in the hostel is pretty horrible. The common spaces are very clean and welcoming, but the rooms are pretty dirty. This hostel is HUGE with many groups - so don't expect a deeply personal experience.

Amazing hostel. Clean, great location and perfect place to meet people!