Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff, clean.

Really liked this hostel and would definitely stay again. Its right in the centre and we stayed in a 6 bed shared room and it was a very good size. The ensuite bathroom had a bit of a smell all the time but it was clean enough.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

For me it was almost like a hotel and not a hostel. Huge place with friendly and very well orgazined staff. The conditions of the rooms were really good and the location was perfect, right in the middle of the city.

Staff is so so so so so poor very poor. They joked lower english people and laughed. So I hate them.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Hi there! We are extremly sorry for your experiences, it must have been a misunderstanding, cause we would never let our staff to behave like that. Sorry again and hope to see you again sometimes so we could change your opinion!

Very nice, as usual per Wombats, but the ones I stayed at in Vienna and Berlin were better. The Budapest room was very dark, due to the dark green painted walls and small lamps. The shower nozzel was also broken. People were very loud in the halls but luckily they quieted down before I went to bed. As usual for Wombats the staff was helpful, my bags and person secure in the luggage room and room, and the location was convenient. Their instructions led me there very easily

• 13th Jul 2014

Hi there! Thank you for your useful feedback, but next time pls feel free to come the reception with technical issues anytime! Also, beside the normal ceiling lamp there are reading lamps next to each bed, so usually we don`t have such complaints, but we are very sorry for your bad experiences. :( Cheeers

From the moment we walked in the door we felt welcome. The atmosphere was wonderful and you even get a voucher for a free drink at the bar! Overall it was an amazing hostel to stay in and would recommend it to anyone.

• 12th Jul 2014

They totally messed up my plan. Check-in took more than one hour so I couldn't go thermal bath. They upgrade my room to 4 mixed dorm since they made mistake but that room was occupied. So we moved to another room two times carrying heavy luggage. And I stayed there for two night and I had to move another room the next day. Pans and pots in the kitchen are burned so i couldn't use it. Plus you can barely get wifi. Staffs are not that kind.

Hostel was great. The internet was terrible and you could not use it during items of high traffic (9.30am- noon and anytime after 6pm). Staff could have been more accommodating. Many weren't super friendly or in any hurry to serve me and could not recommend local places to eat etc.

Great place to stay. Location was prime. Wifi was awful but would stay again in a heartbeat

Well managed and organised hostel with all the facilities you could ever want. We were particularly impressed with the helpfulness of the front desk staff who helped us get to the hospital at 2am, thank you.

Really fantastic hostel and a great price for the location it is in. One small thing - the wifi really sucks. Slow and unreliable. So be prepared to go to one of the many cafes around to use the wifi there.

• 10th Jul 2014

Amazing location and great atmosphere

Very big, clean

Loved it, so easy, so clean, so friendly, so helpful

So nice from you! :-) Hope to see you again!

Great atmosphere and the hostel is right in the centre where you can easily get access to all the main sites, bars and cafes.

Sometimes there was still dirt and debris in the corners of the room and under the beds. Otherwise a fantastic place to stay, especially if you're travelling alone. Very easy to meet people.

Second time I've stayed here. Cant really fault the place. Location is excellen. right in the center, not far to stumble home from all the best barst etc. Facilities are good, theres a bar, nice reception area, for me this is more of a budget hotel than a hostel. Would definitely come again when in budapest!

really great hostel, very big so great to meet new people. i traveled as part of a group of 5 other girls, we had our on private room which was great to have our own space then the bar downstairs was great for meeting new people. hostel is in a great location near lots of bars and a short walk away from main attractions and a metro stop which will take you anywhere! highly recommend this hostel- very clean and comfortable.

• 7th Jul 2014

Staff were all so friendly and helpful. No question was a stupid question in their eyes! Thank you everybody.

• 7th Jul 2014

Great location. Some staff very helpful.