Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

It is recommended that guests who arrive at Budapest by train get off at the Budapest Keleti station since the hostel is only 3-4 stops away in the subway.

All was well for me and I'm really glad I chose to stay in Wombat's.

It's a lovely hostel to spend your time, near everything and the receptionist were really helpfull, I recommend.

(: thank you! all the best from wombat's

Wombats was AWESOME. Literally a hotel for hostel price. Loved the place, the location, the staff!!!

Wifi needs improvement, unrelayeble. Except of this everything was fine.

• 13th Mar 2015

Great location, great price and great service. Only downsides were a not so perfect Wi-fi (kept kicking you out) and the fact that due to the modern style and previous hotel the atmosphere was a bit less cosy/homely. Great bar personell and overall loved my stay. Thanks Wombats!

Hi there! Thank you for the great feedback and sorry for the wifi. We are working on it to make it better! We love our beautiful classical building and most of our guests are amazed too and we try to make it as cosy as possible-despite of its` size. The regularly organized concerts, cooking nights etc. also help us to make the athmosphere even better! :-) Hope to see you again sometimes!

We booked a 8 dorm room for 7 people ! When we arrived the staff said we have no 8 dorm anymore. But they arranged a 6 bed dorm with a additional bed. The staff was very ambitious. very good hostel

Great hostel. Great rooms, great security, amazing location, great bar and activities. Clean and awesome! The wombats hostels are always great! I always try to stay in them!

I would say this was THE nicest hostel I've stayed at in my life. The decor, the location, the vibe, the room, everything. The location is phenomenal.

Thanks a lot for the great words, hope to see you again sometimes! :-)

Great Hostel, well located, with helpful and nice staff, the room is really big as the bathroom, and clean as well.

Nice stay, like always at Wombat's!

This is a great hostel is you: -are young -your main purpose in visiting Budapest is to get hammered and only meet other travellers -don't mind throbbing noise from downstairs and the streets at all hours of the night If you actually came to Budapest to enjoy the culture, meet locals, and get a good night's sleep, steer well clear of this locus of bacchanalia.

• 7th Mar 2015

Dear guest! Thank you for your feedback! Please take our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We actually host many different people: culture lovers, party guys and sometimes locals as well :) Many of our guest like our location for being close to all main sights, in the heart of the city, but even if we do our best is kind of impossible to avoid some noise from the street. We hope you give us another chance to prove you can get the real Hungarian experience in Wombat's.

Everything was great, if only the wifi could be improved. It's is impossible to use it to make a phone call home via viber or Skype etc, and is even too slow to use Facebook at times. This is the only downfall though. Otherwise great.

This was the most awesome hostel ever! Was there on a Saturday night, and if you are searching for a place with knowledgeable and friendly staff, a great party scene, and an overall good vibe, STAY HERE!

Thank you! (:

Gigantic hostel. It felt like college kids come here to get drunk, but there were a number of other people traveling for more interesting reasons and my roommates were all chill. But still, not a very great place to meet people for a non-partying single traveller because there are not really any informal places besides the room to meet others. Also, the wifi hardly worked (lobby and room, Mac and iPhone).

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. For 10 euro a night I thi k it was pretty great! I was upgraded to a 6 bed dorm from the 8 bed dorm that I booked, which was nice although the room I was in was extremely dirty and smelly! The biggest pain was the wifi. Pretty terrible. I found walking outside and standing on the street to use next doors pizza shops wifi was the best option to get internet. Other that that it was a good stay and I'd come back. BEST LOCATION EVER!

This hostel is perfectly located right in the middle of Budapest. It's a 10 minute walk to the river and to the most famous Ruin Bar in Budapest. The wifi wasn't all that great, but the hostel itself is really clean and well run. I would definitely recommend this hostel to all types of travelers.

Really friendly staff and great location

• 6th Mar 2015

Excellent location but impossible to use Internet

• 5th Mar 2015

As per normal with Wombats, it seems, the wifi is pretty terrible. However, there is a decent bar, a huge kitchen, the bedrooms and bathrooms are immaculate and its in a fantastic location. I'd definitely stay again!