Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Its a great hostel. Perfect location if you like to party, full of great bars and clubs just a couple of blocks away. The rooms were ok, and there is a bar that everybody goes before going out so you can meet a lot of people, the only really bad thing of this hostel was the wifi. It was almost imposible to connect from the room.

Great atmosphere, had an amazing time. Only suggestion is check out at 11am instead of 10am, was a bit of a struggle, otherwise a great hostel

Hi there!We are extremely happy that you loved your stay! :-) Thanks for the tip as well, but unfortunately if we would postpone the check out to 11 am,we would also have to start the check in later and we wouldn`t like our tired guests to wait more for the rooms.Otherwise you can always ask us to make an exception and let let you stay in the room for a bit longer if that helps..:-) Cheers

The last day that i stayed there, the staff took all my personal things while i was in the city and gave my room to another guy. When i was back the told me that i havent pay, and i did it the first day as soon as i arrived! They told me that there was no room for me, when they realize that it was their mistake, after a while they found a different room and they sent me there... i lost more than an hour explaining that i pay the first day. i ask for a refund cuz of this, and they say no...

Good hostel, ideally located close to main attractions and bars and restaurants. Good value for money.

Overall good value for money. Lockers could be improved though, and the vending machines that take money without giving the selected product.

Wifi was a little bit hit and miss, other than that it was an excellent hostel to stay in, fab location.

Fancy ground floor. with a hanger-size common room. Very institutional upper floors where the dorms are. As far as hostels go (I've stayed in a LOT) it's expensive - they don't even provide a towel. An OK breakfast is an additional 1,000 Florins. Shower temperature changes at will, even at 6:30 am. Good luck trying to figure out how the locking device works on the lockers. Cozy this place ain't. Next time I'd choose a smaller, hostel. I asked how many beds they have & they told me "450"!

Hi there!Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry that you didn`t have fun.We do provide towels,you can get them at the reception&our AYCEat breaky is nice&cheap comparing to the downtown prices,elswhere you`d only get a coffee&sandwich for this.And yes,we are a huge hostel with its pros&contras and we try our best to get the best out of it.Next time pls let us know if you have any technical issues or you need assistance with anything.Hope to see you again though,cheers fom Budapest

Wifi needs to improve

Liked the hostel, great location and staff was able to answer any questions we had.

I loved it ! If i think about it now , i could almost cry that i'm back in my home country. I felt home there! Thank you for everything

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

The location of the hostel is perfect to enjoy Budapest

A fantastic hostel with great staff, bar and activities. The breakfast is easily the best value for money I've had at a hostel. Really clean, new facilities and staff were always helpful. The only let down is the wifi is almost non existent, barely worked in the 3 days I stayed, I had to go elsewhere to plan rest of trip and contact home which was disappointing. Otherwise I would definitely recommend!

In a fantastic location right by deak square which is a massive transport hub and close to all the ruin pubs. Pretty clean and comfy beds Let down by the absolutely awful wifi. When people complained staff said it was due to the hostel being full, I'm pretty sure this hostel is almostalmost always full - invest in a router for each level and guests will be a lot happier. None of us in my dorm get the locker to work so I had to keep my valuables in the safe at reception

Hi there!Thank you for your feedback,but next time pls pls let us know if you need any help with your locker or anything, so we could sort that out easily.And, yes you are right, we are working on our wifi and totally understand your complaints,however it works fine for some guests,so it also depends on the devices.Hope to see you again sometimes to provide you super fast&stabile wifi.Cheers

Been traveling around Europe and always look forward to our stay at Wombats. Great people work there and so helpful all the time

Great location!

Hotel/hostel combo so it's lacking the unique style at some smaller backpackers. Very clean and modern though. Great part of the city!

Only stayed one night but amenities were really good. Not very social as its a large hostel with too many people. Staff were helpful and easy to deal with. They did stuff up my stay by not booking additional night but a misunderstanding I guess....

Worst WIFI ever! Seriously! It was so bad! It was slow and kept dropping out! Even near reception! But great location near lots of food and drink. Good fun! Cool bar crawl. Clean and air conditioning.

Bad wifi. Overrated hostel

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Chile

Hi there!Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the unstabile wifi,however it works fine for most of our guests and least in the common areas.We`d appraciate if you`d tell us via e-mail what made you feel so disappointed in general, so we would have a chance to consider your complaints and improve the hostel.Thank you in advance and hope to see you next ime though...

It's a massive hostel so it can seem a bit impersonal, but it's clean and comfortable. Staff were awesome!