Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Great location.. Great Prices.. Great Atmosphere.. It's not only good for students but also for older couples... We have reserved a double room which was great in terms of price and comfort compare to other hotels which are charging double price for much less comfort and location.

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Turkey

Great central location and generally would be a good hostel to stay at. Unfortunately the air con and lifts weren't working because of a recent flood in Budapest, which meant a walk up stairs to the fourth floor and a hot room on that fourth floor. Staff were helpful and there's a reasonable bar in the common area. Beds were relatively comfortable and it was clean enough.

Excellent breakfast Staff at bar very pleasant Check in staff extremely informative

This was one of the better hostels I've stayed at. I think my biggest issue was the internet - it was confined to the lobby and even that internet was not very good. In the grand scheme of things, this was not a big deal, more of an inconvenience than anything else. Otherwise, the staff were helpful, the location was great, and I loved that there were lockers that were set to lock with each individual room key card.

There's no soap or towel. Be careful at the entrance, weird guys ask you if you're staying there. They offer to hold your luggage but there are not from the staff. Refused it ! The good thing is it's well located

• 11th Sep 2015

Hi there!Thank you for your feedback.Unfortunately we can only provide soap in the private rooms but you can get towels almost anytime from the reception.Very sometimes we ran out of them,but latest the next day you could get one from the new delivery.Sorry for the inconvenience!Also,we were not sure what you mean,but we do have a colleague who is helping with the luggages,but he is waiting for you inside the hostel and wears our staff T-shirt.Hope you had a nice stay though..Cheers from Bp

There was a big storm a few weeks ago and the hostel is still suffering from it - no ac, no elevators, smell of sewage in our bathroom, no hot water for showers etc. Not a cheap hostel so should have been discounted. Staff were mixed - Some really helpful and lovely, some really rude (ie when we checked in staff members were too busy chatting to explain anything to us). Breakfast was good value and good quality food. Beds were comfy and sheets clean (make sure you ask for a towel at check in!)

Hi there!Thanks for the useful feedback and we are really sorry for anything you were unsatisfied with.The AC works already fine and the elevators will be fixed in a week too.Unfortunately the damage was so serious that it took quite a long time for the responsible companies to fix everything.We tried our best to compensate with discounts,free breakie tickets or welcome drinks,hope you also got yours.Sorry for the staff too,we`ll make sure it wont happen again.Greetings from Bp, Zsuzska

Everyone was so nice and friendly, the place is amazing and the location couldn't have been better. We met so many people and probably one of the best things is you get a free beer when you arrive and the kitchen was awesome, no one stole our food hahah and that free shelf in the fridge is one of the best ideas :D

We liked everything about the hostel ......apart from the noise level. At night there are very loud drunk people returning to their rooms and no effort is made to control the yelling, loud laughter, banging on doors etc. If you want to sleep then this isn't the place to stay,

I stayed in the wombats city hostel in Budapest twice and I have to tell that I'm admired by every thing the hostel offers and was highly comfortable.The staff are very friendly and helpful I'm an orchestra conductor recommending this hostel and will always come back to it when I'm in Budapest

Can't go wrong with Wombats. Can be a bit hard as a solo traveller with so many large groups there, but they make it as easy as possible for you to get involved. An awesome city and an awesome hostel

The elevator was not working and I don't know why they did not fix it. we stayed there for four days. Overall the hostel was very good. We stayed there in a room with 8 beds but it has a wall dividing the room, what was very good because it makes it more confortable.

Brilliant price, brilliant location, friendly and helpful staff. Very secure and safe. Would definitely recommend!

I stayed two nights in wombats Budapest .And I booked the single room this time .The room is on the fourth floor .The elevator doesn't work ,so it's a big problem carrying my huge heavy suitcase upstairs .Yeah , I have to climb stairs .Luckily ,I had Adam (staff)to help me .He's very helpful and nice .But I had to carry down my suitcase by myself when I checked out .So the elevator problem seems to a bit inconvient .Otherwise wombats would be perfect !

The staff we so friendly and the rooms were perfect with en suites and bedding provided!!! It was in a great central location aswell!!

Good hostel, unfortunately the lifts were out the entire time I was there. Everything else was good, would recommend staying there.

• 6th Sep 2015

The only pieces that were really frustrating were the unreliable Internet and the no air conditioning.

• 6th Sep 2015

I came and the staff told me the elevator wasn't working. It was always crowded in the counter area, and it's a bit annoying that the staff kept me waiting for 15 mins just to ask if my copies was ready or not.

The hostel was in the perfect place to visit all the tourist spots easily as well as visiting the ruin bars at night. The staff at reception were fairly helpful with directions and information although there was a lack of useful leaflets on what to see in Budapest. Our room was clean, comfy and everyone had a big locker which a lot of people could fit their whole rucksacks in which made me feel my stuff was very safe. The kitchen facilities were great and the bar seemed to be busy every night.

• 5th Sep 2015
  • Wales

Good hostel, bar could have been better atmosphere and bar staff needed to smile a bit more. Rooms clean, good bathrooms and in a very good area. Glad I stayed.

No AC in the room so it was very hot but that wasn't the hostels fault and they did apologise for the inconvenience, however the room was extremely hot. Great atmosphere in the bar where you could meet lots of people and was very close to the town centre and bars so was very convenient. Would recommend to other travellers.