Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Geat hostel. I stayed here 2 times now. The only complaint that I have is the wifi needs improvement. I work online as I travel so it's important for me. I found the kitchen was the best place to get some work done. It was quiet and a plug to plug into. The wifi would be very random though at times and often the signal wasn't strong enough in the rooms to connect. Aside from this the staff are excellent. The bar has a great atmosphere for meeting people. It's very clean and in a great location.

PERFECT LOCATION Buda/pest is an amazing party city, and this is a great part of the city to be in. Close to most bars & clubs within a short walking distance to the water!

i like the hostel!! but the wifi is not really working!!

• 5th May 2015
  • Switzerland

Second stay at a wombat and it was just as good as the first. Great location, you can walk anywhere from here. Bar is boring but there's so many other places to go around there what do you expect. A lot of young people in the area too. Awesome stay thanks so much!

Hi there!Thanks a lot for the super comment, we are happy for your returning! :-) We try our best to make our bar as live&fun as possible, but sometimes it isn`t easy at all with the various cool bars in our neighbourhood.Hope to see you for the 3rd time soon! :-)

The staffs at the hostel were so bad. They were NOT helpful at all. Not only one person, most of the staffs were pretty terrible. Even though the location of the hostel is good and the facilities are okay, I do NOT recommend this place to stay.

Wonderful staff and rooms. I'd highly recommend wombats to every one.

• 4th May 2015

Hi there! Thanks a lot, hope to see you soon again! (:

This is a good hostel to stay at as it is situated very well to clubs, pubs, restaurants etc. The wifi was very suspect at times which was frustrating. The staff were helpful and the bar area was great for meeting people before heading out on a night out.

Awesome that you have a good kitchen and laundry! Also really liked the locker system with the swipe cards.

• 3rd May 2015
  • New Zealand

My friend and I were both very impressed with Wombats! We had a private room and it was very spacious and we are clean freaks so we like when a place is very clean. We loved how big the bathroom was and how clean it was. Our only complaint is how spotty the wifi was. Thank you for a great stay!! Also the location is AMAZING!!

• 3rd May 2015

Solid place, you can't ever really go wrong with Wombats. Clean, very close to everything staff was really friendly and helpful. Only fault is it gets a bit crazy with all the schools coming through, makes it a bit of a traffic jam in the lobby. Other than that it was fantastic

Nice and clean. Big private rooms. New facilities. Breakfast was ok. Was in an amazing location! We could walk to everything really easily and there were lots of bars and restaurants close by. The staff seemed indifferent but were always helpful. Thought it was a little expensive compared to the cost of other things and the atmosphere wasn't great, the people sitting downstairs just sat on their phones and no one seemed interested in being social which was disappointing. Better pillows needed.

Hello!Thank you for your feedback and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay.Our staff is international and they all love to travel&love travellers.Usually they are very friendly&helpful,We`re really sorry if you had a different impression.:(Our cheapest dorm is 11€/night right now and the breaky is 3,3 €.I don`t think there are too many cheaper options in Budapest with the same standards.And that`s too bad if the guests are just on their phone,however we organize concerts,cooking nights

Great hostel - it's clean and location is awesome.

Thanks for being so nice all the time ;)

I would only recommend hanging clear signs at the breakfast room to tell people they should clean their table and put their cups/glasses/forks/plates on the appropriate places.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Hi there!Thank you for feedback and sorry for the inconveniences. There are signs already actually, but maybe we should make them bigger or more visible.We`ll do that! :-) Cheers

Was very impressed. Everything that we needed or wanted was there. It's a hostel however it was nicer and better equipped than some hotels. The price was amazing too. Recommend to anyone.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Great location and staff are pretty helpful. My mattress and a few others are past their use by date, you can feel the bed frame through them. Whilst th bathrooms are clean the dorm floors need a good vacuum. Also seeming there is so many tour companies coming through is recommended some unitive for the solo travellers to meet because groups don't want to interact with anyone but their group.

A great hostel in an amazing location. The rooms are clean, the staff is extremely friendly and always willing to help you. It has a great atmosphere and a very busy bar. I would stay there again.

We really loved the place and the staff was amazing with us. They were really helpful and for sure I'll return. We lost our bus on the day to check out and the guy of the reception was really friendly and helped us to find another one and buy new tickets. It's really well located and close to the metro.

• 25th Apr 2015

Very good place to stay, friendly staff and in a great location.

It is a very good hostel, great location and very nice and kind staff

• 25th Apr 2015