Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Loved it, so easy, so clean, so friendly, so helpful

So nice from you! :-) Hope to see you again!

Great atmosphere and the hostel is right in the centre where you can easily get access to all the main sites, bars and cafes.

Sometimes there was still dirt and debris in the corners of the room and under the beds. Otherwise a fantastic place to stay, especially if you're travelling alone. Very easy to meet people.

really great hostel, very big so great to meet new people. i traveled as part of a group of 5 other girls, we had our on private room which was great to have our own space then the bar downstairs was great for meeting new people. hostel is in a great location near lots of bars and a short walk away from main attractions and a metro stop which will take you anywhere! highly recommend this hostel- very clean and comfortable.

• 7th Jul 2014

Staff were all so friendly and helpful. No question was a stupid question in their eyes! Thank you everybody.

• 7th Jul 2014

Great location. Some staff very helpful.

I got fresh sheets, but that didn't cover the body odour smell coming from the bed. It would be nice if they disinfected/deodorized the beds after each guest. My locker and bedside light didn't work, but the room felt pretty secure. The staff were helpful, they helped me reschedule my airport shuttle when there were changes to my flight home.

This hostel is a gem in the heart of Budapest. It is on the Pest side and surrounded by great restaurants and bars. No more that a 5- 10 minute walk from everything. The atmosphere was more like a hotel and everyone was friendly and welcoming. Wombats was the cherry on top of a great trip.

Very spacious communal area, huge kitchen, cosy bar with friendly bar staff. Clearly a converted hotel with a great marble staircase leading up to dorms. Dorm was the perfect size, comfortable beds with reading light and socket, key card security lockers, huge bathroom and air conditioning. Great location by Peter's Basilica, the Synagogue, and Erzsébet tér. Loads of lovely bars and restaurants on one's doorstep, as is the tram. Buda Castle and Hero's square both walkable.

Really good, amazing location and definitely go to epic, really nice cocktailbar in one minute walking distance!

Excellent hostel, paid 20euro a night for a four bed dorm and the room was amazing, very spacious, clean, power shower and comfy bunk beds. The guest kitchen was big and had everything we needed. Great location in the centre of everything. Great value for money. My only issue was with the staff that were on reception for our stay. They were strangely unhelpful for hostel staff and uninterested in trying to help you. They seemed very snappy when you asked then a question, I saw them snap a lot

• 4th Jul 2014

I have nothing bad to say about this place. Its The perfekt place. Perfekt location, frendly and helpfull staff. So clean! Big breakfast for Only 3,5 euro. Highly recomand to stay at this hostel. Have stay at a lot of hostels and this is absolut The best One i have stay in!

Hello hello! Thank you for the super nice feedback, please spread the word in Scandinavia! :) Happy travels!

Great hostel, would definitely recommend. The rooms are big, clean bathrooms. Excellent location, this street is opposite the hostel and has so many cool bars and cafés. Would stay again!

Great central location by a lot of the sights and nightlife. Staff are super friendly and helpful. Yes, it is a large hostel, but if you go to the bar in the lobby it's easy to meet people. Only complaints are the wifi is overloaded and the bar can be quite hot. Breakfast is a bit overpriced for what you get but it is convenient.

feels more like a hotel. excellent location would stay again

Everything was great, but the Wi-fi sucks!

I loved Wombat's. The atmosphere, location, and facilities were amazing! The building is easy to find and the staff was friendly enough. I felt that security was a little lax (able to come/go out the main entrance without a room-key even after certain hours). All-in-all, I will definitely be looking to stay at Wombat's next time I'm in Budapest.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hello!Thanks a lot for the nice feedback, great to hear that you had fun! :-) We do close the main entrance door at 10pm so one can only come in with a keycard and we also have a security guard from that time till the morning, not mentioning the security cameras, so no worries!Hope to see you again soon!

Great stay at wombat! The location in amazing and you can basically walk anywhere. A little noisy at night (it is in the middle of bar central!).

The otherthings were all good. But I couldn't connect wifi in my room! I don't know why. But you'd better use wifi in corriodor or common area

Hostel is in a wonderful location, right near the bars. It would be fair to classify this as a party hostel, and while I was there Contiki, Top Deck and Busabout made frequent stops. If you're a little older, or not a fan of the group tour vibe, this could be a bit of a problem for you. The staff could occasionally be a little less than helpful or snappy, but overall they did try. Our room didn't get cleaned once while we were there, and the bathroom was pretty filthy. Free breakfast was solid.