Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

it would be good to have find soap in bathroom, because in influenza season some people who do not yet have one can infect others..... Btw, i have been to vienna and berlin at wombats and i think budapest is the best experience.....

Hi there! Thank you for the great feedback and for the advice. Actually we do have soap in the common bathrooms and in the private rooms..Hope to see you again sometimes!

전반적으로 무난한 숙소이긴 하지만, 움밧이 너무 유명하다고해서 기대해서인지 오히려 실망했던 곳이예요. 침대, 베개 커버에 머리카락 뭉치가 있기도 했고 침대 청결도가 좋진 않았어요. 다른 부분은 만족합니당ㅋㅋ

Was not impressed with this hostel. I had heard great reviews before visiting and during my stay, countless times the cleaners walked into my room without knocking whilst I was lay in bed (unclothed). Despite this happening 2 times whilst my 6 night stay, the location was good and the cleanliness was average. Some of the staff were very rude and made u feel uncomfortable. Wouldn't stay here again.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Wales

Hello! Thank you for the feedback and we are really sorry for your unpleasant experiences.Our professional cleaning staff clean all the rooms every day, so they all know they should knock on the doors, Probably there was a mistake on their cleaning list or you haven`t heard them knocking. Anway, really sorry for that! :-( We also make sure that only friendly and helpful receptionists work with us. Kind regards

We had an excellent stay in a twin room, nicer and cleaner than some hotels I've stayed in! Hostel is in a perfect location, right opposite a beautiful street of nice bars and restaurants. Clubbing area is less than a 10min walk. Glad we decided against the party hostels, it's just crazy outside those clubs till gone 7am. Nothing but good reports :) Showers amazing and room cleaned daily. Not as much of a social vibe, but that's what bars and clubs are for!

• 30th Oct 2014

Great hostel but wouldnt reccomend staying there in the shoulder or off-season, as it's just too big for how many people are staying there (that is, if you want to meet anyone).

I arrived late at night at the hostel and the staff was very friendly and efficient, so i could get to bed soon after arrival. The room was large, clean, and the bathroom excellent. The only issue that needs to mentioned is that next morning I could not have breakfast, since I had no local currency and I could not use the card, because they are not allowed to charge on card payments of less than 10 euro. Such a pity for a great hostel in a great city!

Hi there! Thank you for the great feedback and we are really sorry that you couldn't have breakfast. :-( It shouldn't have been such a big trouble, cause there are 4 ATMs in 50 meters and a good currency exchange in 5 min walk. Next time you can also leave some deposit for the breaky until you get the local currency. Sorry again, but in Hungary you need to have HUF with you and it's also indicated on the HW Website. All the best from Budapest :-)

Good place,

Thank you so much for you fabulous hospitality, I loved my stay there :-)

• 26th Oct 2014

Nice hostel! Not a great deal of atmosphere considering how many activities and parties the other hostels in Budapest organise. Also the wifi is some of the worst I've encountered. Still - the bar area is good and so are the kitchen facilities. A nice stay

Perfectly located, knowledgeable staff, clean rooms and a chilled atmosphere

It's a great modern hostel.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Austria

The staff are so disinterested

Hi there! Thank you for the feedback and we are more than sorry for your bad impressions. It would be very much appraciated if you could tell us via mail what exactly made you feel like this.Otherwise I'm sure that noone is disinterested in her/his job in this hostel..Anyway, we make sure it won't happen again! Hope to see you sometimes again!

Amazing hostel! location is very good, close to restaurants, parties and shops!

The hostel is awesome!! Right in the middle of the city with a thousand of restaurants/ pubs around for you to choose! Try the noodles place (wook 2 go). Very nice atmosphere, with only young people hanging around in the hostel bar at night where you are going to get a free beer. Enjoy Budapest with a great hostel.

Awesome hostel more like a hotel though, not that big into social events. Very clean!

hy the staff is nice and very helpful and the location is excellent, BUT the bathroom could have been much cleaner... for the prize it was a pretty nice hostel though!!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Austria

Hi there!Thank you for the nice words, and we are really sorry for the bathroom situation. We clean all rooms and bathrooms EVERY DAY, but it could happen,that after cleaning and before you arrive back to your room your roommates already have used the bathroom and it doesn`t look perfect. In these cases you can always let the reception know so we can arrange some extra cleaning. Thank you for the understanding and hope to see you again!

The wifi is the only let down

I stayed in this hostel for two nights. It was my first time in a hostel so I don't have much comparison. Overall the staff was really friendly and helpfull. The rooms are a bit on the sterile side though and the WiFi was terrible! Loved the location. I was really close to the centre and there was also a subway entrance nearby.

• 16th Oct 2014

It was really good for me. Even though there were a few guys who made some noise, it was not affected to sleep well. Every employee in a reception were really friendly and kind (except for 1 girl who worked at daytime) & there has a big lobby and bar for customer. It is located in a good area to get to any tour area such as Buda castle, Chatholic church, etc.

Thank you for the nice feedback and sorry for the noisy moments. Next time please feel free anytime to let the reception know if you had some complaints so they can fix the problem.Also, it would be very much appreciated if you could tell us via mail what made you feel that the receptionist wasn`t friendly. Thank you and hope to see you again sometimes!

More of a hospital than a hostel. Their focus on cleanliness has made the place into a fluorescent-lit whitewashed nightmare. There must be 2000 beds in the place. If you're looking for a hostel experience, this isn't it. If you're on holiday with 10-1000 of your friends and don't want to meet new people , this would be a good place to stay.