Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Great place, very comfy bed and clean room. Good for young people who like to party, a little less for people who want to sleep at descent hours.

• 6th Oct 2014

Good hostel. Depending on what you are looking for. Given its location, the hostel is filled with younger people wanting to party. This would be a great hostel for them. I am an older traveller and even though I did like the hostel, it was too loud on the weekend night. It also felt too hotel-ish and impersonal to me, compared to other hostels I have been in. Breakfast is extra, but not too expensive.

Everything is good except check in experience. He was chatting with his colleague during the whole process and did not offer wifi username and password.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Singapore

Staff is very helpful. The hostel is located close to metro stations and square with several Hop on Hop off busses. Don't forget to exchange your money into the local currency.

3mins from station. With lockers inside the room. Spacious room. Great social atmosphere and facilities at lobby. Would definitely recommend this hostel !

The room was big enough but I felt it's a little bit dark. I like Wombats.(I mean the budapest one)

기차역에서 7분거리. 찾기쉬움. 침대시트제공. 조식은 돈내야함. 세탁기사용가능. 세탁비 비쌈. 건조기도 있음. 엘레베이터있음. 엄청넓음. 방깨끗함. 방마다 화장실 샤워실 있음. 온수잘나옴. 취사가능. 식당 엄청넓음. 조식 먹을만함. 그외에 전체가 깨끗함. 주변에 바가많아 놀고들어오기에 좋음

I really enjoyed my stay at Wombats. I actually came back a week later. The bar makes it very easy to meet people, it is clean, and there is a good kitchen. The only tiny thing is that the wifi doesn't always work well, but who cares, you are on vacation.

• 27th Sep 2014

Thanks a lot for the nice words! We try our best to improve the wifi! Hope to see you again sometimes! :-))

Nice big rooms. Comfy beds. Bar area and common rooms were great. Wifi was terrible in the rooms. Not too bad in the lobby. Fantastic location.

The hostel has some great staff who do an excellent job, there was one however who let the team down and she knows who she is.

• 24th Sep 2014

We should be advised in advance that the hostel can only be paid in local currency. Hostelworld gives the balance in Euro.

Great facility, very clean and secure. The one and only let down is that the wifi is pretty poor.

• 24th Sep 2014

The morning staff (two girls) were very unpleasant. It seems to me they are forced to do what they usually do. Very unfriendly.

Hi there!Thank you for your usefulf feedback and we are extremelly sorry for your bad impressions. If you feel like, pls explain via mail what exactly made you feel that they were not friendly. Anyway, we`ll talk to them and make sure it never happens again! Hope to see you again sometimes.

Location and staff were excellent. Biggest hostel I've stayed at, so I don't believe they put an age limit- there were families/kids on a field trip, but is alright since the place is so big.

Location can't be beat… Facilities were clean, modern, and up to date. Very comfortable and cozy atmosphere. The only drawback was that the staff did not seem to be happy to be working there. Whenever you came up to the desk, it felt like you were bothering them. This was just the overall sense I got but there are exceptions to this as well as a select few were warm and friendly.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Prime location. Staff very friendly and helpful. Most sights on the pest side within walking distance such as St Stephens basilica . Breakfast decent and reasonable. Once of the most well decorated and roomy common room I've seeing

The staff was was great and so was the location of the hostel. The hostel is pretty big, so it is hard to meet other people. You can meet them when you do the free walking tour from the hostel. Bathroom was cleaned everyday, but got dirty very quickly (could be because of my roommates). Would defenitely recommend it!

Hi there! Thank you for the nice feedbak. However the hostel is really huge, you can always meet new people in the bar, in the chill out area, in the kitchen and we even had to place small chairs in the laundry cause of the ususal "let`s wait together for our laundry" chit-chats. Hope to meet you here or in any of our other houses again!

Great location! Will definitely stay again

The hostel is well located, the infrastructure is very good and the service excellent.I recommend!!It's the best of Budapest.

Some of the lockers didn't work very well, I walked into a really messy room which I had to ask to be cleaned. The bathroom was disable room but the shower was broken and water went everywhere which made it messy and slippery. Other than that. Great hostel! Lovely and friendly staff. The room was big! In the best area. So close to everything. Good atmosphere at the bar. Would defiantly come back. Loved Budapest!!!!