Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

The hostel has some great staff who do an excellent job, there was one however who let the team down and she knows who she is.

• 24th Sep 2014

We should be advised in advance that the hostel can only be paid in local currency. Hostelworld gives the balance in Euro.

Great facility, very clean and secure. The one and only let down is that the wifi is pretty poor.

• 24th Sep 2014

The morning staff (two girls) were very unpleasant. It seems to me they are forced to do what they usually do. Very unfriendly.

Hi there!Thank you for your usefulf feedback and we are extremelly sorry for your bad impressions. If you feel like, pls explain via mail what exactly made you feel that they were not friendly. Anyway, we`ll talk to them and make sure it never happens again! Hope to see you again sometimes.

Location and staff were excellent. Biggest hostel I've stayed at, so I don't believe they put an age limit- there were families/kids on a field trip, but is alright since the place is so big.

Location can't be beat… Facilities were clean, modern, and up to date. Very comfortable and cozy atmosphere. The only drawback was that the staff did not seem to be happy to be working there. Whenever you came up to the desk, it felt like you were bothering them. This was just the overall sense I got but there are exceptions to this as well as a select few were warm and friendly.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Prime location. Staff very friendly and helpful. Most sights on the pest side within walking distance such as St Stephens basilica . Breakfast decent and reasonable. Once of the most well decorated and roomy common room I've seeing

The staff was was great and so was the location of the hostel. The hostel is pretty big, so it is hard to meet other people. You can meet them when you do the free walking tour from the hostel. Bathroom was cleaned everyday, but got dirty very quickly (could be because of my roommates). Would defenitely recommend it!

Great location! Will definitely stay again

The hostel is well located, the infrastructure is very good and the service excellent.I recommend!!It's the best of Budapest.

Some of the lockers didn't work very well, I walked into a really messy room which I had to ask to be cleaned. The bathroom was disable room but the shower was broken and water went everywhere which made it messy and slippery. Other than that. Great hostel! Lovely and friendly staff. The room was big! In the best area. So close to everything. Good atmosphere at the bar. Would defiantly come back. Loved Budapest!!!!

Very well located hostel with decent facilites. However the cleaners pushed water onto my bags completly soaking them in bathroom scunge... not on.

• 13th Sep 2014

Hi there! We are really sorry for this accident and will make sure it never happens again! Hope to see you again sometimes!

Friendly environment and great location. Lot's of space to hang out and meet people. The mattresses were better than any I've slept on in a while.

It is one of the best hostel that I ever stayed. Everything was amazing, only the guy in the reception that was a little bit “direct” with us. Besides that, it is high recommend.

Great hostel. You need to smoke out the front door but there were locals waiting at the front trying to sell drugs/ask for cigarettes. Maybe management should look at this security. Apart from that it's a great hostel. Would stay again

Only thing bad was the WIFI. The hostel is really really clean. The social atmostphere is bad as there isn't much other than a bar but not very outgoing.

Great location, lots of bars, shops and restaurants around. Walking distance to everything! Great hostel

There were some problem with the bathroom: the shower overflowed and made the floor wet, and there was no hand soap for hand cleansing (I don't think the soap would cost that much for a room). Asides from this point, the hostel was very nice!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Vietnam

One word...bedbugs

• 8th Sep 2014

FAVOURITE hostel from our entire trip around Europe by far! Large, clean dorms with nice en-suite bathrooms. The location was great, very central and close to places to eat (pizza, Mexican etc). The staff were very friendly and happy to offer recommendations or give directions to certain places. The atmosphere was great - lots of other friendly backpackers up for a good time. We went to the bar every night and met new groups of people with whom we then went out with. Great free walking tour!