Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Great place! great staff. The best place to stay in Budapest, no question. Highly recommend.

Stay was fine other than the fact that my wallet and phone were stolen. Too many (drunk) people in a confined area. Staff was fantastic about it, and everything else, but I wouldn't come back again.

Amazing friendly helpful staff with great knowledge of the city even down to trains and busses leaving the town. Keep doing what you're doing

Good hostel in a perfect location. Very clean, helpful staff and the security of having personal lockers in the dorms is great (no extra cost). The only disappointment of our stay was that having booked 6 people to a 6 person dorm, we were told after arriving that 4 would have to stay in a 4 person dorm and the other 2 friends I booked for would stay in another different 4 person dorm with 2 other guests. This is the first time I've had this happen when staying at a hostel.

Hi there!Thank you for your nice feedback and sorry for the trouble.Unfortunately sometimes we really have to split up "groups"&upgrade their bookings to different room types,cause of unexpected happenings,technical problems etc.We are actually allowed to do that,since the guests are only able to book beds and not the entire room,but of course we try our best to avoid such situations and it really happens very very rarely.Sorry again and we really hope it didn`t ruin your holiday in Bp.Cheers

One of the best hostels in the world

I was only there for one night but I really liked the hostel, the rooms are huge, they have great facilities and the staff were polite and happy to help. I'd be keen to stay there again if I head to Budapest.

Really well located on a busy street, really big hostel so if you need rest maybe it's not the best place but it was filled with young cheerfull people! The staff was good and I did my laundry here.

Very hot in the hostel. Otherwise very clean and spacious

Great hostel in a great location! The room (6 bed mixed dorm with ensuite) was spacious and light, the AC worked ok (not the best one though and very load, but I'm a heavy sleeper so I didn't care), big lockers, and the wifi was good as well. On my second day, the cleaning lady accidentally stripped my bed and took my towel and pjs which were on the bed, because apparently she thought I checked out (no numbers on the beds) but the staff was very helpful and I had my stuff back in no time.

• 7th Aug 2015

Hi there!Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the mix-up. :( We`re happy that you got back your staff! :-)The beds are not numbered cuz this way you can choose your bed you`d prefer and most of the time ir`s super easy to decide which bed is occupied and which needs to be cleaned, so it was an exceptional case, sorry again! Hope to see you again sometimes! ;) Cheers from Bp

Very hot, air conditioning not working, dirty, poor service

• 7th Aug 2015

Hi there!Thank you for your feedback and we are really really sorry for your unpleasant experiences.We tried to solve the problem by providing you 2 different rooms,but unfortunately it`s still quite warm even with perceftly working AC-s.The heat alert is still on in Hungary,so it`s not common at all to have 35+ degrees in Budapest continously for more days,so pls try to understand the special Situation.Also,pls let us know via mail if you had any other issues,so we can avoid them in the future.

Great big funky hostel. Really central location and lots of access to local stores and shops, more of a party vibe so if you're not feeling that not the best place, and maybe not beat for solo travelers, but still a very pleasant stay.

There was a lot of noise during our stay and it kept us up most of the nights. The doors kept slamming and people getting back drunk. Not sure how they can help to aboid this, but it was really disturbing.

• Belgium

Hi there!Thanks for your feedback and really sorry for your bad sleep. :-( Next time pls let us know immediately so we can try to catch the noisy ones or provide you a different room on a more quite corridor etc. Hope to have you here again sometimes so we can show you how quiet we can be.

Easy hostel to stay in. Definitely more of a party vibe but if you're like me and not really into that scene it is easy to spend your days in the city and then return only when you're ready for bed. It's not the type of place you spend your 'down time'...but to be honest you should go to a cafe for that anyway! You're in Budapest! All in all a nice hostel with easy access to the sights, provision of sheets and towels and a bed and that's about it...fantastic location and value!

Best hostel we stayed in and great pub crawl

Amazing hostel, great atmosphere, bar and common area were great! Also nice to be able to do laundry and have a clean room to sleep in. Would recommend to anyone especially solo travelers!

Wifi was pretty bad, or can even say not exist. Got a hard time to plan my following trip. And their computer required to pay. 100Ft for 20 mins. But the hostel was really cool. If you're looking for a quiet hostel. This might not be your choice as it'll be still noisy after 3-4am. I stayed in 1st floor and woke up by a bunch of drunk people outside the street at 5am.

Hello!Thank you for your feedback and we are more than sory for our unstabile wifi.We are continously working on it and it already works fine in the common areas.Next time pls feel free to ask for a room on the upper floors if you experience noise from the street especially on weekends.This is the only disadvantage of our great location, sorry for that.Happy travels and hope to see you again!

Loved this hostel! It was in a great location, close to a lot of bars/ main sites in the city. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the rooms were clean/spacious, had AC. Would stay here again!

Really enjoyed our stay in wombats bar crawl was great so I would definitely stay again. Rooms were so spacious, as well as the bathrooms!

Such a great place to stay!

this hostel is one of the best I've been to, the staff is amazing, good mood and atmosphere, it was a very very nice stay!!