Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Good hostel - have stayed with them in other cities and have been happy each time. The only thing these bigger hostels lack is atmosphere - as a solo traveller I've found it's harder to meet people in such a big environment. Big pluses for Budapest were the location, free towels, good breakfast (not free) and security. Lockers fit a large pack and beds are comfy and clean.

Hello there! Thank you very much for your comment! We are happy for your satisfaction and the next time if you feel alone just tell to us and we can recommend you some activities to have fun. Hope to see you again! Regards from Budapest

Overall the hostel was pretty great. Excellent location and good fit out in the rooms with lockers, power points and lights at each bed. Rooms were also a good size and not to squishy. However, the wifi was terrible. I frequently could connect and the connection was too slow to even use messaging apps to communicate with friends and family at home. When long term travelling good wifi is a must. I ended up going over to costa every morning just to be able to use their internet.

Hello ! Thank you for your comment! I understand how important is the good wifi connection, but when we are almost fully booked it means that over 400 guests are using the wifi and sometimes could be slow. We try to have some solution for that soon. Hope to see you again in Budapest! Regards

An room inspection must be done occasionally. Room 115 need to be checked (main hall light bulb must be replaced, door movement every time someone open or closes another nearby door which disturb your resting time, left conditioning controller is broken). Improve WiFi connection in common areas.

Hi there! Thank you for your comment! Nice to receive some advise from guests and we will discuss it, because the main point is that everybody enjoy our Hostel like you did. Hope to see you again! Regards from Budapest

nice to get a free breakfast after going up and down twice with non-functioning key cards.

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. Please accept our apologies about the non functioning keys, and we hope you liked our breakfast:) Cheers from Budapest!

This hostel was awesome - couldn't fault it at all. The location was great and it was very clean. I was concerned that the rooms would be cold (as the weather was between -5 and -12 most days), but the heating was great. Would recommend.

Cheap, best location and great environment!!!

• 2nd Jan 2016

The stay over there was very pleasant, the only thing that bothered me that they didn't provide bed sheets for my bed & I believe there was some how bed bug infestation in my mattress

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Egypt

Hostel in a great position. Pratically in the centre of the city, in a distric full of restaurants, bars, locals. The rooms are spacious, the breakfast good and abundant.

Hello! Thank you for your nice rewiew! Hope to see you again! Regards from Budapest

A really big hostel, what means that is quite difficult to meet people there. After this clean hostel with great location. Breakfast is also a great value for money.

Hello! Thank you very much for your comment! Is true that we are a big hostel, but we got several services to help our guests to find people to hang out. Next time if you feel alone just come to the reception and we will help you to find the best way to do some activities. :) Regards from Budapest

The best hostel we stayed in on our trip! Really nice inside and in such a good location. Great atmosphere! Rooms were clean and had safe lockers which you don't need a padlock for. You get a welcome drink on arrival and a good breakfast every morning which doesn't cost much. There's loads of staff always around to help you. The only drawback for us was that they didnt have any towels left for us as the hostel was really busy.

Awesome location around lots of great pubs and restaurants, right near the metro and st Stephens basilica. The staff was friendly, we loved the towel heater in the bathroom, and things were decently clean (not exceptionally clean). It was pretty noisy at night, but how much can you ask of such a large hostel on a Main Street? Invest in some earplugs! Would stay here again and would probably recommend.

Thank you so much for the nice words and we promise that we will try to be better in cleaning. We hope to see you again:)

best hostel i have ever been so far

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Albania

Great hostel i definetely reccommend it

Hello! Thank you very much for the nice comment! Nice to have guests like you :) Regards from Budapest

Stayed here for New Year's Eve and had a great time with my friends. The rooms and bathrooms are spotless, beds are incredibly comfortable which is always a nice plus. The staff was very helpful with any questions that I asked. I also liked that when I asked them about events for New Years ever they told me about the pub crawl they offered but also many alternative options. It's very well located with the metro about 5 minuets walking and the chain bridge about 12.

Hello! Thank you very much for your comment. We are really happy that we could help you to enjoy your New Year's Eve in Budapest. Hope to see you again! Regards from Budapest

I spent the new year in Budapest with my friend and we stayed at Wombats! We had a great time, the bedrooms are clean and have great lockers, and the toilets are big and clean. All the staff were friendly and helpful. There is a kitchen for the guests and it's a very great one! The location couldn't be better, we did almost everything walking around. I strongly recommend Wombats Budapest! :D

Solo Female - Was there for NYE period so atmosphere was AMAZING. Went on the pub crawl and met some awesome people. Location was incredible. Dead in the middle with lots food and bars in the street and tram&metro at end of the street. Only negative was the bathroom was never properly cleaned (wiped floors with a towel so they were still dirty). Would be safer if front door was always locked as I caught a woman wandering (reported to front desk). Other than that STAY HERE. You won't regret it.

Hi there Thank you so much for your super nice comment, also thanks for reporting the wierd woman, we keep our eye on suspicious people to keep our hostel and guests safe. so we hope to see you again and wish you a happy new year:)

It was great, staff members were all super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was awesome and the rooms spacious and tidy! :)

THank you so much for your nice comment, we hope we will see you again:)

Great place to stay around New Years. Partying vibe is a bit down, but that's to be expected given the sheer size of the hostel. Clean rooms, reasonably comfortably beds (please, you're in Budapest, you're not going to sleep much!), and bathrooms were good too. Internet was somewhat frustratingly intermittent for a few days but otherwise services and offerings were decent. Would recommend.

Thank you so much for your nice words, we are always happy for these nice feedbacks:) Hope to see you again in Budapest

If the kitchen was open for people to cook their own food.

• 28th Dec 2015

Wombats is the best hostel I have stayed at throughout my whole 'Eurotrip'. Everything is excellent: Food, Location, Staff, Facilities. I would have loved to stay there for one more night!

• 28th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

Thank you so much, we wish all of our costumers would be as happy as you:)