Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

The otherthings were all good. But I couldn't connect wifi in my room! I don't know why. But you'd better use wifi in corriodor or common area

Hostel is in a wonderful location, right near the bars. It would be fair to classify this as a party hostel, and while I was there Contiki, Top Deck and Busabout made frequent stops. If you're a little older, or not a fan of the group tour vibe, this could be a bit of a problem for you. The staff could occasionally be a little less than helpful or snappy, but overall they did try. Our room didn't get cleaned once while we were there, and the bathroom was pretty filthy. Free breakfast was solid.

A very busy and lively place located in the heart of Budapest.

Awesome hostel. Horrible internet!

Really rate this hostel. Location wise it's very good, easy walking distance to the river, the Baths and the 'ruined pubs' etc. Dorms were large, comfy and clean and the bathrooms were excellent. Although we didn't go on them, there's free walking trips and outings during the week too. Would definitely recommend.

Horrible wifi-connection, it is assumable that in a quality youth hostel one youngster should be able to update his facebook and tell the world how great the Wombat's is, but no.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hi there! Thank you for the nice feedback, and sorry for the wifi connection. The fact is that we definitely should and will improve it, but it`s very difficult to be good enough for more than 400 users who are logged in at the same time some with even more devices. Please tell your friends in a cool bar instead of facebook that otherwise you liked Wombat`s! :-) Cheers

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! The staff are fantastic - amazingly helpful and hilarious! The facilities are great - everything you need in a hostel. It is clean and comfortable and has a great atmosphere. Also, you can't beat the location.

• 28th Jun 2014

Hehey! Thank you for the cool review, we totally agree! :-)) Hope to see you again, fun people make the place full of fun! :-))

Amazing location, awesome social atmosphere, great amenities. Spotty wifi

I highly recommend this hostel. Budapest is an amazing city and Wombats is located in a great area near tons of restaurants and bars. This is actually the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in, and it wasn't even that expensive. Free wifi, nice rooms with a private bathroom, within walking distance from the sites. Really helpful staff that helped me book my tickets to the thermal baths and recommend restaurants. If you're visiting Budapest, you can't go wrong staying at Wombats!

Thank you very much for the nice words, hope to see you again sometimes! :-)

There is such thing as a hostel that us too big. Wombats is clean, safe and in a prime location no doubt but such a large hostel makes meeting new people and th ease of socializing that I've come to expect with hostel atmosphere difficult.

It was a good hostel but it felt more like a Hotel rather than a hostel. The staff was nice and courteous but since it is such a big hostel and people are always moving in and out even the staff seems overworked and looking to finish a question asap.the atmosphere was good at the bar but was not the best place to meet other travelers (atleast for me).. the location could not have been better and the rooms were really clean and big... Budapest was amazing!! had an unforgettable time at the hostel

Wonderful hostel! Great staff, fantastic location-very close to huge park and main clubbing street-, very lively hostel, bar allowed for socialising with other guests and everyone gets a free locker that locks using your room key card. Only criticism would be the bathroom containing both the toilet and shower that was to be shared between 8 people, wasn't as much of an issue as we thought it would be though.

Very clean, nice staff, good facilities, central and a nice hostel, not great for lone travellers as very big and has large groups so hard to meet people but overall a safe and lovely hostel!!

Stayed in a 6 bed dorm with ensuite. Big clean room with big beds and comfy pillows. Secure lockers and breakfast available for additional fee. Excellent location near bars, Jewish quarter, basilica and vaci utca. Wombats bar provides cheap drinks and good atmosphere .

• 24th Jun 2014

Very very impressed with this hostel. Great staff, and a fantastic location. The only things I was disappointed with were the wifi, and the cleanliness of my bathroom. Very hard to connect to internet, especially upstairs in the dorms. I'd imagine due to the amount of people staying here. Regardless, what started off as two nights has now turned into 7 and I've just checked back in again for just "one more night". Would thoroughly recommend.

Hello! Thank you for great words, and yes, we try to improve our wifi ASAP! Have a safe trip and come back anytime for another week! :-)

best hostel in budapest! i will return!

Thank you very much and please do so!!! :-)

위치도 좋고 나쁘지않은 청결상태, 그리고 모든 스태프가 친절했습니다. 다만 숙박객들이 시끄러운점, 특히 밤에 시끄러운것 빼고는 모든게 마음에 들었습니다.

I had a great time there. During this trip, I was travelling solo and the environment of the hostel makes easier to meet new friends. It is very well located, near to a main station and also near to great restaurants and pubs, which are located actually on the same street.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Hi there! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! :-) Pls, if you have, post some photos with your new friends on our facebook ! :P Cheers

Big hostel with good facilities! Breakfast is not included, but it's just a small fee for a very good meal! Staff is amanzingly kind and answered me all the doubts I had. If you like to party, it's a perfect place: looots of bars/ pubs nearby! Very well located and you can easily go to all the sightseeing places by walking.

The wifi is spotty and gets annoying. This is a huge hostel that feels like a hotel. Not great for solo travelers. Great for a quick one-two night stay.