Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Nice location

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Austria

Poor Wifi

Enjoyed our time very much! Very friendly staff and cleanest hostel we have been to.

• 7th Jan 2014

I defnetly recomend you to stay at Wombats. It is a very good hostel, well localized, cool atmosphere, sympathich and helpful staff, awesome kitchen and best tour suggested ever.

Thank you for doing a great job!

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Russia

Very good hostel, clean, nice staff, good and not expensive breakfast

NO adittional comments. Everything was superb. I spend just one day/night in Wombat, but it was enough for me to realize that the hostel is excellent.

The woombats are very nice! You always meet people at the bar and the rooms are big!

THE BEST hostel I have ever stayed at! It is a truly amazing experience staying at Wombats.They have incredible facilities (big kitchen with some free food, an excellent bar, great place to chill out, etc.), the staff is great and it is really well located: a few steps from St. Stephen's Basilica, about 200m from a Metro Station, and real close to some great ruin bars.The hostel is really cheap so every florin you pay at your stay will be an excellent investment. I would DEFINITELY recommend it

Thank you for the super feedback, hope to see you next time as well, Alejandro! ;-)

it was perfect! when we come back to budapest we will stay there again for sure!

Air cirvulation in room was poor. It got really warm at night... In winter. Opening the winter somehow didnt help.

• 2nd Jan 2014

the wifi should be better. it's terribly poor! And breakfast was so mean.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Wombats Budapest is very clean, safe and well organized, staff speaks English fluently and is very friendly and dynamic as well, they even recognized me from the last stay some months ago. Breakfast is ok and you may choose whether you want it or not. Otherwise there's a big kitchen to prepare meals for oneself.

Great hostel! Stayed in the same place in Munich. Good value for money, heplful staff, clean and nice. Though wi-fi is slow in the rooms.

We really loved our hostel, especially its location is more than perfect! The lady at the reception was not really very friendly but we did not really care much because the rest of it was perfect. Great breakfast, cheap and good. The only thing we missed was a real shower as we had a room that was handicapped accessible so that the water was everywhere. BUT ALL IN ALL-we would definitely recommend this place and come back one day!!!!!!!

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Croatia

I lost my 2 passports and the staff sent me back. They are competent and always helpful if you have problems, also. The kitchen is big. Rooms, toilet and kitchen are kept clean and tidy. There are enough space between the bedrooms, If you stay in a 4 Bedrooms Room, you don't feel overwhelmed. This hostel is in the city central. Just one recommendation: staff must separate guests who are friends because if if they are together, they can be vey noisy. I much recommend this Hostel to everybody

Amazing hostel and atmosphere. The staff was incredible and they even helped us when one of our group missed a bus and had to stay for the day with them. The bar is incredible. The kitchen is always clean. Big rooms. The only things I didn't like were the internet connection and the hot water supply, but I do understand that it was New Year's eve, that the hostel was probably full and thus the supply wasn't enough. I have nothing else to say but a big THANKS.

Just perfect! I'll come back for sure!

• 25th Dec 2013
  • Serbia

I am an owner of a small hostel that is rated 90% on hostelworld wombat was a good experience, although as a big hostel , even with good staff, you can never make it personal, and this is somethingn important for me. but over all good stay. super clean . good place, good price, exellent value. sometimes it can get noisy at night but a hostel is a hostel, you cant realy complain,

Hostel was amazing. Its a huge hostel but very organized. Great atmosphere as well! The best hostel I have ever been. Location is also amazing!