Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

The wifi is spotty and gets annoying. This is a huge hostel that feels like a hotel. Not great for solo travelers. Great for a quick one-two night stay.

the atmosphere and the satff was very friendly. \wombats is one of the nicwst hostels very good job

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Greece

Yupiiiii, thank you very much! :-) Have a beautiful summer and come back sometimes!

Great hostel!! No complaints

Security for the most part was okay, except on the last night the door to my room broke. It was demagnetized or something. The people at the desk let me in with a key, but couldn't give me a key... The solution was to leave the door open a crack so the other roommates could get in. I don't know what a better solution would have been but it would have been nice if they'd tried a bit harder to resolve the situation.

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconveniences, Unfortunately the manual keys are not possible to be copied so we couldn't`t give you the only one. We had to wait for the maintenance company to fix the magnetic door lock next day, there was no other solution. In similar cases we always offer the guests to change rooms and I think we did it with you as well. Hope to see you again and give you a better impression without any troubles. Cheers

The front desk staff were really friendly and super helpful. Especially Donny.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Thank you very much! Donny (actually Dani :P ) is sending his greetings to you! Hope to see you again!

We stayed at two hostels in Budapest. We started at a party hostel, which was on of the best experiences of our entire eurotrip, but they were booked for our last couple days so we had to stay at Wombats. It is super clean, like a hipster hotel where you share a room with strangers. Everything feels new and hi tech, there is art everywhere and places to chill out in the lobby. We enjoyed our stay but it was not very social and after staying at Carpe Noctum Vitae, it just felt boring and tame.

• 21st Jun 2014

It's a very big hostel. But that doesn't make it not sociable. Lovely place to stay. Good location. Only one thing that's was extremely annoying. Horrible wifi connection.

Everything worked fine. Try the brekkie, it's worth it.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Finland

overall a nice hostel. however, low points: WORST WIFI I HAVE EVER USED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. they shouldnt advertise that there's free WIFI because it simply doesnt work, ever. they also left our bathroom uncleaned for a few days. also staff was friendly and helpful but often not very knowledgeable. and then there was a weird cup shortage. BUT, it was a very pretty, modern hostel with great beds, an amazing room setup - our 8 dorm felt like a 4 dorm, great lockers, great location and nice kitchen.

I would like to give a HUGE shout out to the Wombats staff, particularly ZSOUZSKA and FANNI. These two women helped me so much by calling the Budapest FedEx office in Hungarian for me after I lost many of my personal belongings in a previous city. I am very grateful for all of their help. The wifi in the hostel is pretty horrible. The common spaces are very clean and welcoming, but the rooms are pretty dirty. This hostel is HUGE with many groups - so don't expect a deeply personal experience.

Amazing hostel. Clean, great location and perfect place to meet people!

Really good accomodation in an excellent location. Staff very helpful. Rooms are secure, clean and a good size.

• 20th Jun 2014

I went out got to drunk and busted my arm open. I stumbled into the hostel passed out in a hall way. I was found my staff and clearly needed stitches and instead was taken to the basement. Instead of wrapping my open and bleeding wound up they left me on a bed and then the nct mouring charged me 45€ for the bed which was partial my fault for getting to drink but come on I need stitches in my arm and hospital care and instead I got no care and charged extra money. Will never stay there again.

Hi! Sorry for the your bad experiences&thanks for telling us your version,but here is ours:after you came home being so drunk&knocked out that you fall asleep in the mid. of the corridor,we tried to wake u up, ask your name&room nr. to take you there, but we couldn`t. 20min later we checked,but u were not there.You went down to the basement,fall asleep on a brand new mattress and totally ruined it with everything.Your wound didn`t look serious at all,otherwise we would have called the ambulance.

it would have been easier to understand why we did get sheets instead of towels if only we were told why the hostel was out of towels.

Hello! Thank you for your review and sorry that you could not get a towel. :( The fact is that we provide towels as an extra service, for free and just because we`d like to be nice. Sometimes we run out of towels when we are very busy or some guests forget to return it or ask for more then one during their stay. Anyway, we ordered some more towels, so hopefully it won`t happen again! Cheers

The hostel was clean, comfy, and conveniently located. Great value for money. Would definitely stay again if I visit Budapest once more.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

This hostel was great, the rooms and bathroom we're cleaned everyday so everywhere was clean. The bar area is also a nice place to sit and chill. In terms of location you couldn't get much better, it is easy to get to from the airport via bus and metro and it is close to all the main sights. The only problem we had was that the wi-fi did not work very well at peak times but that wasn't too much of an issue for us. Overall a good place to stay and I would definitely stay here again.

It is a large hostel but very friendly atmosphere and lots t do in the area. Everything is run very efficiently and staff is very friendly.

Best hostel I have stayed so far!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Excellent location, staffs are nice, facilities are great. WIFI works perfectly in lobby, only 50% of the time in the room though. Didn't try the breakfast, looks good but too expensive.

Staff were really rude!! Often rolled their eyes at customers. They would often leave people waiting at the reception as they all joked around amongst them selves. A formal complaint was written and given to the manager. Otherwise the hostel is great! Unfortunate that staff mess that up.