Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Chill hostel

I'm inconsiously comparing my experience here with my experience in the same hostel but in Vienna where atmosphere was much better in terms of possibility to socialize in the hostel. Here in Budapest I only met the people from my room who were ok but too dirty and much younger than me. Yes we arrived and left the same day which is convenient, but I'm sure I left things behind because of the mess they had in the room. I was really making an effort to come home before them to take a clean shower

Hi there!We are sorry for your unpleasant experiences,but next time pls let us know if you don't feel coomfortable with your roommates,so at least we can try to give you a different room.But I think messy roommates in a hostel are not the hostel's faults...Usually the bar,lobby,kitchen and even the laundry room is very social here where we needed to put some chairs cause the guest were hanging out and chitchat there so much..:-)Anyway,sorry for your bad luck,I hope next time it'll be better..

Everything was very nice, clean and new :) EXCEPT THE WIFI WAS SH*T! I really thought that was ridiculous, I wasn't even able to instant message properly let alone talk or upload a instagram photo... I was realy anoyed by that.

The hostel itself was very nice and clean and accommodating. However the staff was unprofessional and unknowledgable. They didn't tell us anything about the area or our room. We asked a desk staff member about events going on at the hostel and he couldn't tell us and acted like it was a weird question. We had issues with our rooms and one staff member was incredibly rude and unprofessional, on top of being unhelpful. I recommend the hostel, but not the staff. The bar crawl staff was nice enough.

Hi there!We are more than sorry for your expereinces and also very surprised:our staff members are all cool,friendly guys who know Bp very well and we don't really get complaints like yours.We would appreciate if you would tell us via e-mail what exactly made you feel like that,so we can avoid similar situations in the future.Sorry again and hope to have you here again sometimes to show you our best performance.Cheers

A big modern hostel with hotel like facilities.

Everyone was really friendly and they served amazing breakfasts!

although staffs said 'we assigned you to female dorm for your 2 night', I got up in the morning with a man's horrible snoring in my room.(7am) I was really shocked because I believed staff's saying, even I shouted 'This is female room!' But a lady who was staying in same room said that it is mix room. So I strongly complain to hostel staffs. However, hostel staff just said Calm down and changed my room to other female dorm. Although I got a one breakfast coupon from staff, it ruined my trip

Hi there!We are really sorry once again for this mix-up,we try our best to fulfill all your reqests,but we are humans as well and sometimes make small or even bigger mistakes.Pls visit us again so we can show you our perfect performance. Cheers

Love wombats, both in Budapest and Vienna. So clean and it has great facilities. My fave being the massive couches that you could sleep on before check in after a tiring night train. Also the kitchen is nice and big. Gets pretty ratty because of people's lack of cleaning up after themselves. Location perfect. Love the wombats

Great hostel in ideal location. Pretty standard, but didn't appreciate being checked up on by staff early each morning to see who was in your room, it woke me up each day.

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback and we are sorry for the inconveniences, however you should have get use to this if you stay in hostels often. Unfortunately there is no other way to find the guests who forget to check out but to check if they are still in the room or left the hostel and the city with our key or who knows...You can only avoid this problem if you stay in private rooms, but fortunately it doesn`t happen too often.Unlucky you, sorry again! All the best from Bp

If you're staying in Budapest, stay here!! Honestly!! Lovely helpful staff. Rooms were second to none! Super guest kitchen and laundry facilities! Wifi was a bit iffy at times but most of the time, it was grand!! Up the wombats!!! 👍

Kösziiiiii! :-))))

Great hostel, very close to metro station. You get a voucher for a free beer at their bar when you check in. They help with transport to airport when you leave. No complaints at all.

This hostel does not have wifi! It says is does but no one can connect to it. Also there is a lack of atmosphere despite the bar. I think when a hostel is this big and industrial it becomes impersonal. Staff couldn't help us when we asked where's good to eat. Good location and good rooms although they aren't as clean as they claim they are - our bathroom was filthy.

Hello!Sorry for our unstabile wifi!We are aware of it&working on it,but it actually works for most of the guest,but it truly has difficulties,sorry!Our staff knows Bp perfectly,but maybe our new colleagues need more practice,they`ll get it right away.We are a huge hostel,but we try our best to make it fun with our friendly staff,cool bar&lobby,pub crawl&walking tour, so hope to see you again to prove it.Cheers from Bp

The staff lacked knowledge of Budapest and were unable to recommend any activities, restaurants, or anything in the city. The sheets I received were stained with blood. They advertise free wifi and amenities, however, wifi is only in the lobby and the amenities have to be paid for. I wanted to rent a towel but they ran out so I had to "air dry." The hostel was loud at all hours of the night even though the hostel advertises "quite hours." Needless to say I did not sleep at all.

• 12th Jul 2015

Hi there!Sorry for your disappointing experiences,BUT:we choose our staff members from local guys and they know the city verywell!We also have some new colleagues,but they always work with the most experienced ones,so you can ask more opinions at once.Yes,sometimes we run out of towels,but this is a free,extra service&there is never more delay than 12-24h hours until the next delivery.FREEwifi&pasta&basic cooking stuff&1welcome drink&tablesoccer&guidebook,umbrella,adapter etc. rental..Cheers

Check in staff was very friendly and informative. Gave great advice on where to go as I only had one day to sight see. The rooms were a great size and bathroom was clean. Lockers were provided which was brilliant. There was an issue with the door to the room the second night which was detailed on a note pinned to the door - this was not a good move as it declared to everyone that the room was open to all. Downstairs bar was small but had a nice vibe to it. All in all - a great place to stay.

Good hostel in a great location, staff were friendly and really informative, only issues were the wifi which didn't work in our room on the third floor and because the hostel was so big it was difficult to socialise apart from on the pub crawl which they host.

• 11th Jul 2015

Fab hostel, possibly slightly on the large side but very sociable, in an excellent location and nice rooms! If I went back to Budapest I would definitely stay here again.

• 11th Jul 2015

Great location, right next to lots of bars and restaurants. Fun people and nice staff, beds were comfy and the bathrooms were great. However, the wifi was terrible. Essentially no connection in the lobby nor the rooms, but that was the only letdown.

Very spacious and comfortable hostel. Only downside was the wifi as It barely worked. Great location though and it was always vibrant and fun. Bonus that the pub crawl leaves from here too. Would stay again.

The staff were fantastic, I had already been in Budapest for a week so all I needed was directions to a different station and a pharmacy. These were given readily which really helped when I was feeling unwell! The rooms were spotless and the kitchen was clean and well-equipped. Choose a smaller hostel if you're in Budapest alone for a few days, as I only stayed for 1 night it suited my needs fine.

This is one of those massive industrial strength hostels where everyone goes out all the time and it is just constant turnover. Not a bad place to stay, but not super cozy or homey feeling.

• 10th Jul 2015