Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

I went out got to drunk and busted my arm open. I stumbled into the hostel passed out in a hall way. I was found my staff and clearly needed stitches and instead was taken to the basement. Instead of wrapping my open and bleeding wound up they left me on a bed and then the nct mouring charged me 45€ for the bed which was partial my fault for getting to drink but come on I need stitches in my arm and hospital care and instead I got no care and charged extra money. Will never stay there again.

Hi! Sorry for the your bad experiences&thanks for telling us your version,but here is ours:after you came home being so drunk&knocked out that you fall asleep in the mid. of the corridor,we tried to wake u up, ask your name&room nr. to take you there, but we couldn`t. 20min later we checked,but u were not there.You went down to the basement,fall asleep on a brand new mattress and totally ruined it with everything.Your wound didn`t look serious at all,otherwise we would have called the ambulance.

it would have been easier to understand why we did get sheets instead of towels if only we were told why the hostel was out of towels.

Hello! Thank you for your review and sorry that you could not get a towel. :( The fact is that we provide towels as an extra service, for free and just because we`d like to be nice. Sometimes we run out of towels when we are very busy or some guests forget to return it or ask for more then one during their stay. Anyway, we ordered some more towels, so hopefully it won`t happen again! Cheers

Really enjoyed my stay, good accommodations and helpful staff. Just a few complaints about cleanliness: when I opened my bedsheets there were some hairs inside. Furthermore, it would be nice to have soap in the bathroom. Overall though, it was a really social atmosphere and an awesome location, walkable to everything. I didn't actually go to the Wombar but because so many people are always around, it's very easy to meet people.

The hostel was clean, comfy, and conveniently located. Great value for money. Would definitely stay again if I visit Budapest once more.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

This hostel was great, the rooms and bathroom we're cleaned everyday so everywhere was clean. The bar area is also a nice place to sit and chill. In terms of location you couldn't get much better, it is easy to get to from the airport via bus and metro and it is close to all the main sights. The only problem we had was that the wi-fi did not work very well at peak times but that wasn't too much of an issue for us. Overall a good place to stay and I would definitely stay here again.

It is a large hostel but very friendly atmosphere and lots t do in the area. Everything is run very efficiently and staff is very friendly.

Best hostel I have stayed so far!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Excellent location, staffs are nice, facilities are great. WIFI works perfectly in lobby, only 50% of the time in the room though. Didn't try the breakfast, looks good but too expensive.

Staff were really rude!! Often rolled their eyes at customers. They would often leave people waiting at the reception as they all joked around amongst them selves. A formal complaint was written and given to the manager. Otherwise the hostel is great! Unfortunate that staff mess that up.

Excellent and knowledgable reception staff....try for room on 4th floor at end of corridors for more peace at night..

Enjoyed my stay here meet some great people. One staff member was really rude but the rest were so nice! Has all the facilities you need and perfect location the only thing I didn't like is its a bit to big so it can be hard to socialise as it is very clickey.

I was very impressed from the Moment I walked into the Foyer until leaving. The Staff was very friendly, easy going and helpful. Certainly will go back next Monday when I travel back to Budapest. Thank you Renate

We had a private en suite room in hopes of a quiet stay. 3 girls ran races in the hall at 2 am, at 3 am a man strolled down the hall shouting, "Wake up, everyone!" A group of 4 conversed (just normal conversational tones) in the hall. To be fair, this was all on a Fri. night during the World Cup, so this may not be the "norm". The door to the halls required a key card for entry, but there were "trolls" waiting to dash in behind us. The staff is wonderful! Very knowledgeable, helpful, and fun!

• 14th Jun 2014

The location and facilities are very good for the price you pay. Still there are some things to improve: The security place where you can stall your stuff before arriving and leaving is not locked and therefore not really a safe place. The staff working in the hostel is nice, but it is very impersonal because of the large size of the hostel. (You often have to wait in line before being helped) For the same reason the atmosphere is not that nice. There are to many people.

• 14th Jun 2014

Best hostel I stayed at, great location and atmosphere!

Wifi was unusable!!!! beware! Atmosphere suffers because it is heavily used by Contiki and busabout

Great place, central, not too expensive.

• 12th Jun 2014

Unbelievable experience, exactly what we wanted. Somewhere that we could party and meet people but also somewhere to relax and sleep when we needed it, will definitely return in the future :) The only problem was the wifi, but that's not even a big issue because were so busy the entire time.

• 12th Jun 2014

Fantastic experience. Very clean, great location, nice people, etc. I had heard noise might be an issue but we had no problems - would HIGHLY recommend to anyone.

Why isnt there better than excellent? It was more than perfect.

• 10th Jun 2014