Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Unbelievable experience, exactly what we wanted. Somewhere that we could party and meet people but also somewhere to relax and sleep when we needed it, will definitely return in the future :) The only problem was the wifi, but that's not even a big issue because were so busy the entire time.

• 12th Jun 2014

Fantastic experience. Very clean, great location, nice people, etc. I had heard noise might be an issue but we had no problems - would HIGHLY recommend to anyone.

Why isnt there better than excellent? It was more than perfect.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Hostel was awesome! Rooms are big. Only complaints: the A/C doesn't work so it was very hot sleeping. And wifi was very spotty. I would still recommend!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! the best option of hostel in BUDAPEST

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

A mammoth of a hostel. It's your typical modern hostel: clean, secure, great facilities, friendly staff. The decor is a bit clinical giving it a hospital-like feel, I couldn't say I was overwhelmed by the atmosphere although we didn't hang around for long.

I've been to the Wombats in Berlin, which was excellent. But this one is even better. Very good location with easy access to all the sightseeings. Everything was clean and the room was cleaned every day. Staffs were very helpful. Highly recommend!

With out a doubt the only hostel I will stay at next time I'm in Prague.

Thank you for the great feedback, but please let us know in which hostel you stayed in Prague so we can forward it to them! :)

İt is realy a great hostel. Location is good, clean, rooms are enough good and possible to find a female dorm. Unfortunately now in the europe it is very diffucult to find a dorm whic is only for females. But in the rooms there vas not soap and towels. Breakfast is not ikncluded price, but they have big kitchen to cook. Anyway the map which given me was realy very clear. i like the place...

Hello! Thank you for the kind words, we are really happy that you enjoyed your stay! :-)Unfortunately we don`t provide soap, but next time you can find your free towel at the reception as always!Cheers

As I've never gone to Berlin, it's likely I'll choose the Wombats's hostel there.

• 6th Jun 2014

You can't really get better than this location. Such a fun area with tons of bars/restaurants and places to go out. There's a bar downstairs which makes it really easy to meet people. Highly recommended!

Facilities are new and clean. The location can't be better. Definitely recommend the place for a stay.

This hostel was beautiful, could pass as a hotel. Stay here, worth every penny.

The hostel was really good. Atmosphere and location were excellent. The guest kitchen was pretty gross. Was never clean and I know that the people using it should be more respectful but it was like no one was in charge of looking after it. The whole hostel wasn't the cleanest of places but it's quite a big place so hard to keep on top etc. overall really happy with wombats though. Definitely stay again.

Breakfast was disappointing

• 4th Jun 2014

Hi there! We are so sorry that you didn`t like our all you can eat breakfast, cause usually most of our guests are very satisfied with the wide selection of different breads, cold cuts, cheese, yogurt, cornflakes, veggies, fruits, coffee, orange juice etc. and all this for only 3,3 €. Hope to see you next time to take care of you better! Kind regards

The location of the wombat is perfect, its walking distance from all the main sites. The street outside is a main street so make sure you bring earplugs because it gets very noisy especially when the window is open. The staff are really friendly and helpful. You have lockers in your room but you need a padlock to lock them. The only downside to this hostel was the cleanliness. When we first arrived the room was filthy from the previous people, with a large dust bunny in the corner :(

Couldn't ask for anything else, except slightly better wifi. Try the pizza place next door. It'll blow your mind.

My stay at Wombats Budapest was fantastic! Both my fiancee and I got a double room which was very clean and well kept. The beds were comfortable and the toilets are spacious too. The location is also right in the heart of everything. The only annoying thing is that guest coming back from bars in the wee hours were making lots of noise in the hallway which could be clearly heard in the room. I suggest the hostel advice guest to keep silent while walking in the hallway.

Hello! Thank you for the nice feedback and so sorry for the night noises. Please next time feel free to ask assistance from the reception at any hour. Cheers

location is good, major attractions are within walking distance. staff are fine, not overly helpful. i like the keycard access to dorms and lockers in room.

This was the first time I was staying in a hostel and understandably was a little suspect of what to expect. But I must say, it was one of the best experiences I've had. I absolutely enjoyed the tension-free stay at Wombats. The staff were very patient and helpful. The room was very clean and the breakfast was good too. I have already recommended Wombats to all my friends and in fact, I plan to stay at Wombat hostels in Vienna and Berlin based on my experience in Budapest. Fantastic job guys!

Thanks a lot for the lovely words!Enjoy your travels! :)