Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

This hostel was like a hotel it was amazing. It's huge and has lots of space, kitchen and the rooms were great. Only thing for improvement some of the guys from the front desk, when you would ask a question instead of answering a question they would point out how you could have answered the question yourself. By pointing it out on the wall. I didn't understand why they couldn't just answer the question then show them where to get more info later.

Generally positive experience, and the security was good. The hostel was clean and spacious as well. However, wifi connection in the room was very unstable which was disruptive as we needed the internet.

Pretty good for a big hostel. Get everyone involved very well, and the bar downstairs is excellent for the evenings. Only thing was we had an exceptionally weird guy in our room, but thats not the hostels fault.

Perfect location, right in the heart of the pest side. It is close to public transport, supermarkets and restaurants. The staff were very friendly and willing to help with any problem or question. The bar is good. It's cheap, but it closes relatively early. The huge kitchen makes it easy to prepare your own meals.

The best hostel in town! I always stay there.

Staff was awesome and extremely helpful.

It was tooooooo noisy. I couldn't sleep all night. Location is very good so I can find it easy. but near the hostle, there are too many bars. So many young people drank and stood up all night on the street.

Hi there! Sorry for your sleeping troubles, unfortunately it happens sometimes. We are in the heart of the city and the city doesn`t sleep sometimes. But you still need to, so pls next time come to the reception anytime and we try our best to help you or provide you a different room.

Very well located, huge tidy rooms.

The Wi-Fi was really poor, but other than that I thought Wombats Budapest was fantastic!

Loud guests, no quiet hours kept. Bad wifi signal (possible to connect only 1am-6am). On the other hand - kind staff at the reception, great location, clean room.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hello!Sorry for the loudness, but next time please come to the reception anytime, cause we do have quiet hours after 10 pm and our nightshift staff is responsible for keeping it! Hope to see you again!

Very good hostel, essentially identical to its counterparts in Vienna and Munich. Each bed has its own lamp and socket. WiFi avaliable though is very patchy. The location is excellent - virtually everything is 15 mins walk away. I stayed for a week and only used public transport 3 times. Each person also has their own very large locker too. Fairly easy to meet people at the bar which helped as I was travelling solo. Rooms are on upper floors so you are not disturbed by noise.

This hostel, dealing with party people and crowded lively street, is loud at all times (from outside, but inside the corridors as well), so it's' impossible to rest. The staff is arrogant and not passionate at all about anything else than partying and flirting. Go there if your looking for that kind of fun. If you're not into partying hard the American way, go sleep somewhere else. Bathrooms and lockers are damaged. Cleanliness of beds is good.

The staff was very knowledgeable and always ready and eager to help. Facilities were good; very happy with the personal secured locker in my room for valuables. GREAT location.

• 30th Jul 2014

Not the best of the Wombats hostels. Has the usual facilities, but the bar wasn't so great and didn't have much of an atmosphere. Not sure if all the bathrooms are like this, but ours was a disabled access on and the floor was constantly wet and filthy because the shower isn't in a separate cubicle. Well-located, near to some ruin pubs and also a good location for the daytime touristy stuff.

Hi there!Thanks for your feedback, we'll try our best to make the bar more cosy!Not all the bathrooms are like that, next time pls come to the reception anytime, usually we can change your room easily. Cheers

Cancelled this reso.

Very clean, great social atmosphere, big spacious rooms. Only thing I can fault is the slow wifi, otherwise I cannot recommend it enough!

The staff were very nice and helpful. The drying machine for clothes however didn't really work, so I had half-wet clothes in my bag when checking out the next day. Everything else was good though.

• 29th Jul 2014

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the wet clothes! Next time please let us know cause probably it was only a minor technical issue or wrong chosen program. Cheers

Realy great hostel! Rather than a hostel it looks like a classy hotel, the only difference is you stay in a dorm. Faclities are perfect locaton is good, really close to city center and the bars that you can enjoy your night! I definitely recommend it you won't regret!

Thanks a lot, hope to see you again sometimes! :-)

Nice and confortable, was to big for traveling on my own, to many big groups and the atmosphere was more inclined to prefer these type of travelers. My room was on the first floor looking over a very busy street and because it was hot it was hard to sleep with all the noise. Would recommend going there in a big group and not in summer.

Probably the best Hostel I've ever stayed, sets a very high standard!

• 28th Jul 2014