Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Not very cosy, but with a nice bar, lots of space and very good situated!

Best Hotel i have ever stayed in. Clean, modern, friendly and it's Location is in the heart of the nightlife! Amazing vacation!

Thank youuuu! :-) Hope to see you again in Budapest!

Not bad... bar is good, common areas OK but a bit bleak, mattresses comfy... but it's an industrial size 500 bed hostel so it's a bit short of coziness and atmosphere. Staff are OK but seem too harrassed and overworked to be too friendly. Dorms are spacious. But noisy, you can hear EVERYTHING going on in the corridor

Hi there!Thank you for your useful feedback and we hope you enjoyed your stay in general.That`s true, that by check in/out time it can be extremely busy for our staff to socialize with the guests,but they always take their time to provide you the most imprtant insider tips and information.Also, since the reception is 24h open, you can always return if you forgot something or if you just need some company.Cheers from Budapest

Great location, for tourism and nightlife Lot of bars and restaurants close to the hostel. It is like a hotel, but with different beds and sharing the bedrooms. Great value for money. If I come back to Budapest, I will stay there without a doubt. The only thing that can Wombats could enhance, is the breakfast organization. Definetively, should include trays to carry the cutlery,and should doubl some stuff (toaster...),but anyway it is worth it the breakfast, is only "to reach r perfection!"

There is no wifi!

Hi there! We are deeply sorry for the unstabil wifi!We are already working on the final solution to make it quicker ASAP!Hope to see you soon anyway!

This was a super fun place to stay while I was in Budapest! We had a problem with a guy snoring in our room and the dude at the front desk helped us out no problem and switched our room in the middle of the night. The staff gave great suggestions for food and things to do while in Budapest! Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling!

• 31st Mar 2015

Amazing hostel but the wifi was terrible. We were unable to have any decent wifi for the entirety of our four night stay. Barring that the hostel was great. Incredibly clean and in the perfect location in between the market and ruin bars. It was also right across a great little restaurant area. I would definitely stay here again.

Couldn't get a better location! Great hostel, but terrible wifi throughout the entire building, not just in the rooms.

The Hostel is located in the heart of young Budapest, in a great neighborhood filled with bars and cafes. Super friendly staff and amazing facilities made my stay a dream!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Portugal

Wooow, thank you for the super feedback, hope to see you here again sometimes! :)

There was only a problem with the wifi in the rooms. In the common areas it worked very well but in the rooms it just doesn't work. And that was bad.

Had a room towards the street were it is very busy. Got woken up all night by room mates and people on the street (friday night). No tea and coffee provided and techno beats for breakfast.

Some points were really good, like the location, the friendliness of the staff, the tips given by them, the lockers in the rooms, good breakfast... Other points were quite bad: the WiFi was very poor and at times, it didn't give any access to any secure pages; the shower head was broken and there wasn't any cold water in our room; the room smelled bad (chemicals?) at all times; a lot of noise every night due to their bar, and nobody intervened; they took away my bed sheets without notice.

Best hostel ive been too. So close to lightrail, food, bars, shopping. Front counter staff is soo nice and friendly beds are comfy and bathrooms are nice and clean. Perfect 10

• 29th Mar 2015

Loudness from 22:00 p.m. til 5:30 a.m. You say: It is quiet after 22:00 p.m.! Its' a fairy-tale.

• 29th Mar 2015

Dear Guest! We are really sorry for your bad sleep, but please, next time report it immediately at the reception if you hear such annoying noise at that late time. Our security guards and night shift staff make their regular rounds in the hostel every 30 min during the night, but unfortunately it's almost impossible to notice and to react to EVERY loud rooms & guests in time, that's why it would be helpful to get as many feedbacks on the spot to avoid such inconvenient cases.all the best

great hostel, friendly staff. amazing location!

Only comment, I was traveling with my daughter (21). We went to get a drink at the bar area and both male bartenders made comments in Hungarian abut me be older. I understand hostels are usually for younger people but no age limit is stated and I was a "paying customer". I did not appreciate the comments. The front desk staff were excellent.

Everything was great! Loved the market! Staff was super friendly and I really enjoyed my stay.

The hostel is very good. It is very near to metro station and other main attractions. The rooms are very good as well. However, one of the wooden on the bed was broke but that is not a very big problem. I personally think the staffs can be more friendly. They gave us voucher to claim free drinks from their bar also

Hi there!Thank you for your nice feedback and sorry for the broken bed.Next time pls tell us right away, so we can fix it immediately. Also, please tell us via mail,what made you feel that our staff was not friendly enough. It would be a great help for us to improve our service and we would appreciate your opinion very much. Hope to have you here again sometimes! :) All the best,

The hostel is really good, staff nice but unfortunately I have asked for covers (bad) and I didn't get it...

The staff were not very helpful. I like to ask staff for recommendations about good places to eat and things to do, and they did not have good recommendations, and did not seem like they wanted to help me let alone talk to me. Also it was very loud at night in the hall ways outside of my room. However, it was very clean, and nice that we got a free drink, and the location was great. There were a lot of good places to go out at night and to eat very close by.

• 20th Mar 2015