Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Thanks for being so nice all the time ;)

I would only recommend hanging clear signs at the breakfast room to tell people they should clean their table and put their cups/glasses/forks/plates on the appropriate places.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Hi there!Thank you for feedback and sorry for the inconveniences. There are signs already actually, but maybe we should make them bigger or more visible.We`ll do that! :-) Cheers

Wombats are always safe bets. Stayed in 3 different locations over my trip. This one had a great location, and especially friendly and helpful staff.

Was very impressed. Everything that we needed or wanted was there. It's a hostel however it was nicer and better equipped than some hotels. The price was amazing too. Recommend to anyone.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Great location and staff are pretty helpful. My mattress and a few others are past their use by date, you can feel the bed frame through them. Whilst th bathrooms are clean the dorm floors need a good vacuum. Also seeming there is so many tour companies coming through is recommended some unitive for the solo travellers to meet because groups don't want to interact with anyone but their group.

A great hostel in an amazing location. The rooms are clean, the staff is extremely friendly and always willing to help you. It has a great atmosphere and a very busy bar. I would stay there again.

We really loved the place and the staff was amazing with us. They were really helpful and for sure I'll return. We lost our bus on the day to check out and the guy of the reception was really friendly and helped us to find another one and buy new tickets. It's really well located and close to the metro.

• 25th Apr 2015

Very good place to stay, friendly staff and in a great location.

It is a very good hostel, great location and very nice and kind staff

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Slovenia

Wifi needs to be improved. Alot of the time I could not get it in my room and when i did it would constantly drop out. Theres not much point in providing wifi and supplying and paying for it if it doesnt work. Other than that everything was superb and it didnt affect my stay much. Location fantastic, staff were fantastic, breakfast was good. Bar and atmosphere was fun and social.

Hi there!Thank you for the great feedback! Yes,we know the wifi needs to be improved and we are on it to fix it asap!!!!Sorry for that and hope to see you again sometimes! Cheers

I think I've already told everything in the above questionnaire. The hostel is really great, with a perfect location and very helpful and nice staff. I'd recommend your hostel to anyone travelling to Budapest :)

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Serbia

thank you very much! :-)

The breakfeast-buffet was very humble.

• 24th Apr 2015

Hi there!Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our breaky.We are very surprised though,cause our selection is quite wide with different kind of breads,cheese,ham,salami,yogurt,musli,corn flakes,jam,nutella,honey,butter,cream cheese,fruits,veggies,milk,orange juice and coffee and it is all you can eat for only 3,3 €. Hope to see you next time anyway! :-)

I stayed in a private room but feels like I am in a dormitory. Its because the walls are so thin that I can hear my next door neighbor shouting and laughing 3 AM in the morning!

Hello!Thank you for your feedback and we are so sorry for your bed sleep. :( We`ll set up a brand new sound proof material soon to the corridors to avoid such problems in the future! Hope to see you next time so we can provide you the most quiet room in Budapest! :-)) Cheers

This hostel is conveniently located and has very good facilities. Staff are friendly & breakfast is good value for money. There is ample chillout space but sadly guests do not make full use of this. If you are looking to meet other travellers I DO NOT recommend this hostel. This extra-large hostel attracts guests in large groups so it is extremely difficult to socialise (espesh if you are a lone traveller) this is compounded by the fact that there is no age limit so it's full of school groups.

Hi there!Thank you for your feedback and we are so sorry that you didn`t enjoy the social part of your stay.Usually we are having very funny times in our bar and also in the lobby together with the individual guests,while the groups usually follow their own schedule in the city.We also organize concerts,cooking nights and walking tours so you could meet other travellers.And the age limit is 18, like in most of the hostels.Hope to see you next time to show you our best!:-)))

Vibrant hostel , large communal kitchen, convenient location. Wifi is the big negative factor for the otherwise better than average hostel, it is so very weak and keep dropping out every minute even it is used in the designated location ( such as the communal area.)

Hello! Thank you for your nice feedback and we are sorry for the inconveniences caused by the weak wifi. We are working on the solution and it will be fixed very soon. Sorry again and hope to see you soon! :-)

Absolutely amazing, perfect place to stay while in Budapest!

Staff, location and breakfast were outstanding but t was really frustrating to not have wifi. It didn't even work consistently in the lobby which made booking next travel plans very difficult. This is so necessary for travellers!!

Easy and swift communication with staff over email, comfortable atmosphere at the hostel, convenient location and clean rooms!

The wifi is not good.

Been traveling Europe for months and this was the WORST stay. Found a bed bug in the bathroom and were told that no one who could deal with them was on staff until morning. One employee said that they don't give refunds because it's not the hostel's fault and it's the risk you take. Long story short: we found more and stayed up ALL NIGHT washing everything. THEY SAID THEY HAVE BED BUG INFESTATIONS ONCE A MONTH. Forced them to call a manager the next morning and got a refund and apology.

• 16th Apr 2015

Hi!We are more than sorry for your unpleasant stay,but I think we tried our best to compensate you.We provided you free laundry,a different, super clean room and refunded the whole stay.Pls understand,that refunding such amount is managment responsibility,so such cases always need to be discussed with them.And with staying is hostels you risk this problem,cause "they" travel in backpacks,sleeping bags etc,so this issue easily turns up in the cleanest hostels as well.Hope to see u next time!