Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Location is ok, in city centre

Wombats chain is great... Definitely recommend it

Anyone can enter inside hostel. This is not good.

• 26th Dec 2014

The staff are really friendly. And the room is quite spacious and clean. Nice location as well. But the wall between the room is rather thin, so one can hear the neighbours talking, especially when they have had a few drinks. It can get extremely loud. And my room is right above the bar. I don't think they play the music too loud, but because the heavy bass travels really well through the walls, so I can always hear it until at least 1 A.M.. So the noise is the one thing that disturbs me a bit.

Wombat's keep showing that it's the best hostel in the cities it is located. The best common area I've ever seen, a lot of people, good breakfast, always something going on. The two point that can be better are the WiFi signal (it didn't work at all or was really unstable) and the service (it was Christmas, ok, but doesn't justify the bad treatment).

Everything was great except Wifi.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Fantastic hostel. Made my trip in Budapest truly awesome!

I love the place, is really nice and cheap, the bar is not that fun but I think is because there is some really good places for go out.

It would be better to putting soap in bathrooms. This was a big insufficiency for me in. And it was suprising that we couldnt find towel when we need. It was comic for such a big hostel that not having enough towel for all circumstances in every time of the day. Except for them, the other things was good. Recomended..

Clean, secure, close to the nightclub district, churches, chain bridge and Christmas markets. Great Christmas eve party. Shame they locked the kitchen on Christmas day, with no warning, when our Christmas yummies were in the fridge and most local businesses were closed!

The Staff could be more friendly and have more advices about what to see in the city!

I had a great time guys and the staff was awesome!

Well located, great staff but ultimately let down by a few things. Wifi was terrible. Although well fitted out, the bar's layout made it difficult to create a good atmosphere. Lots of 2-4 seater tables meant travellers didn't mingle much. Finally skip the breakfast. 1000 huf for a terrible selection of bread, apples or serial

Perfect Location for exploring the city by foot! Nice bars just around the corner. Breakfast is really worth the ~3€

• 18th Dec 2014

The hostel was great-- the location was the best part, as it is right in the middle of the City Center and so easily accessible to everything. I stayed on the first floor and happened to be above the bar, which was my main complaint-- I could hear music until 2 or 3 am each morning, which made sleeping difficult. If you book a room and are sensitive to noise, I would ask to be put on the 3rd floor or away from the music. Overall, a good place for the money.

• 14th Dec 2014

It was really good, I liked it a lot, the staff was really helpful great atmosphere. It was all really clean

5 star hostel! The location is fantastic, just a 5 minute walk to the most central metro where all the lines overlap. There are 2 convenience store either side of the hostel within 5 minutes walking distance and one is 24 hours! Pizza shop next door and a burger joint across the road. There are lifts to all floors for those with heavy suitcases and we felt secure in our room with the keycard. We stayed on the top floor, twin room ensuite and even had a skylight too. Would definitely come back!

I wanted to prepare a cup of tea at night but unfortunately, the kitchen was closed.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hi there! Thank you for your stay and sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately the kitchen has to be closed after midnight for security reasons and to avoid any late night party-noise. BUT the reception is always happy to open the door if you need anything no matter what time is it, so pls next time don`t hesitate to ask them. Cheers

Bathroom a bit dirty but great location!

• 4th Dec 2014

The hostel itself was comfortable and clean enough. The problem that I had was with the staff. I found the staff to be inept and unhelpful. To get a room key you must turn in a form of identification, and the staff lost my identification card! I could not believe it. Eventually they found my ID, but it caused me to miss a flight and that cost me $200. The staff was unapologetic and did nothing to make up for their error.

• 29th Nov 2014