Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Couldn't ask for anything else, except slightly better wifi. Try the pizza place next door. It'll blow your mind.

My stay at Wombats Budapest was fantastic! Both my fiancee and I got a double room which was very clean and well kept. The beds were comfortable and the toilets are spacious too. The location is also right in the heart of everything. The only annoying thing is that guest coming back from bars in the wee hours were making lots of noise in the hallway which could be clearly heard in the room. I suggest the hostel advice guest to keep silent while walking in the hallway.

Hello! Thank you for the nice feedback and so sorry for the night noises. Please next time feel free to ask assistance from the reception at any hour. Cheers

location is good, major attractions are within walking distance. staff are fine, not overly helpful. i like the keycard access to dorms and lockers in room.

This was the first time I was staying in a hostel and understandably was a little suspect of what to expect. But I must say, it was one of the best experiences I've had. I absolutely enjoyed the tension-free stay at Wombats. The staff were very patient and helpful. The room was very clean and the breakfast was good too. I have already recommended Wombats to all my friends and in fact, I plan to stay at Wombat hostels in Vienna and Berlin based on my experience in Budapest. Fantastic job guys!

Thanks a lot for the lovely words!Enjoy your travels! :)

everything is prefect with this hostel! nothing to complain certainly. esp the location is really accessible and the room is big and clean. staffs are helpful to solve any problem.

Thank youuu! :-) Hope to see you next time! :-)))

Wombats, as always, was really good. The room is confortable and fully equipped (private light and plugs, confortable bed and good shower). The travelling and partying atmosphere is what makes this hostel really good! The bar is good, even though overpriced when compared to the rest of the city. The staff is helpful and it is really well located.

Wifi is slow in rooms.

meet great people there... as usual ;)

Arriving at magnificent Budapest we were greeted by enthusiastic reception staff who could not have been more helpful. Past the reception desk and into the huge foyer where an electric atmosphere smothered us with a positive warm feeling.The 4 bed dorm,impeccable in its cleanliness, was a welcomed place to sleep and plan.Breakfast, my favourite time at Wombats, was really good value, the staff always accommodating and ready to assist. We stayed 8 nights and it became home for for a while.

Thank you! :) We love doing our job, especially when we get such feedback! Hope to have you here again sometimes! :-)))

With wombat you know what you're getting, which is generally preferable. The breakfast, which is more expensive than the Berlin and Vienna wombats, isn't worth it given what you can get in the city for not much. As always with wombat, the juvenile frat boy posters and feigned party vibe is insufferable, and they'd do well to get rid of all of it altogether as soon as possible, since it's extremely off putting

Good location on one of the main streets near lots of bars and restaurants. Friendly and welcoming staff. Clean, tidy and spacious dorms. Secure lockers

Great location staff and rooms. Large kitchen for guests lockers in room and very friendly people. Only complaint would be not much atmosphere in the evenings. Myself and a few other guests said the same thing. Has potential to be one of the best hostels if more was happening in the evenings but tons to do in the area outside the hostel. Top marks for the staff

Hi there! Thank you for the kind words and also for the tips. We do organize cooking nights and different parties, concerts, quiz nights, wine and palinka tasting in our bar, but it is true that sometimes hard to keep the guests home with such a vibrating nightlife what we have in the neighbourhood. But we try our best! :) Cheers

Huge hostel with very good facilites. The breakfast is plenty of food for a small fee.

We got there late at night and the guys received us very kindly! Next day we were having a wedding in town so we needed to leave the room two hours after the regular check out (10 am) to get ready,and there was no problem from their side. We did the late check out at 12 am and they were pretty friendly and nice! The location is perfect and the atmosphere as well, full of backpackers and young people.

thé wifi was very unstable during my stayed and they even gave me a bed was very dirty because I saw blood on the bed !!!!

• 22nd May 2014
  • Taiwan

Great place,very central, very helpful Staff. Fingers bunch.

When I arrived to the hostel tthe reception personnel was not friendly

• 22nd May 2014
  • Belarus

Dear guest! We are really sorry for your bad experiences and also that we couldn`t accept the "virtual credit card." Unfortunately we can only take credit cards or HUF cash like we say on our website and on all booking sites as well. Hope to se you again to give you much better impressions! Kind regards

the only bad thing was the cleanliness of the bed. there were all over hairs, on the pillow, blanket etc. even in the welded bed sheets there were hairs, although they are supposed to be washed.

• 21st May 2014

Totally satisfactory experience for a cheap price.

A good and very big hostel in a very busy (and fun!) street in Budapest. Lots of informations about the city. The bar is a good place to meet new travellers. And the most of staff is nice and helpful.