Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

The wording for this review is inappropriate: of course, most things are average

• 2nd Dec 2015

Great hostel. We are stayed in a private twin room before our Topdeck tour and it was great. However when we stayed with Topdeck we were treated completely different, the hostel would not even provide towels as we are associated with Topdeck which I think is ridiculous. Everything else was really good though, great wifi, the common room/kitchen was really handy. Great location as well.

• 1st Dec 2015

One of the best hostel I've ever been if not the best. It was great pleasure to spend two nights there.

Very nice hostel converted from a hotel. Staff at the reception was helpful and provided good information. However, it operates more like a hotel and hence, can take a little more effort for solo travelers to meet people.

The general staying was very pleasant except for one guy in the recepcion that didn't help us at all when we had a problem with the room. Also the wifi signal was a little bit poor in the room.

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Spain

The staff arr very friendly, the hostel is clean and the atmosphere is amazing! I've been to wombats also in Berlin and Vienna but Budapest was my favorite!!! Would definitely stay there again!!!

And you are our favourite! Cheers from BP

It is always fun to stay at Wombat's Budapest with friendly staff and great atmosphere.

• 25th Nov 2015
  • Finland

Very good, only negative was trying to find the location from the directions, "walk 300m and you will find hostel", walk in what direction? East? West? Left? Right?

The personel is super frendly and helpfull. We got evereything we needed from them. The atmosphere in the hostel is just amazing and the hostel itself is beutiful! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING AND GOOD LUCK!

This was my second time stayed at Wombats, and I will stay there every time I got to Budapest. Clean rooms, helpful staff, hot showers, great location.

• 22nd Nov 2015

Super nice and great location!

• 20th Nov 2015

It's one of the best hostels I stayed ever.

Perfect place to stay if you are a solo traveler but don't really want to deal with a total "party" hostel. Still has a bar and people to interact with but no pressure to get wasted every night.

Excellent place to stay, everyone's so friendly and great atmosphere!

• 19th Nov 2015

Loved the helpful and friendly staff. Place is very clean and location is perfect. Poor breakfast, only bread and yoghurt. Should have something warm like omelettes.

Hi there, thanks for your amazing review! We sorry that you didn't like our breakfast, you are right, the only warm thing in our breakfast is hot sandwich, but i would not say it's poor, we have bread, cold cuts, cheese, yoghurt, friuts, veggies, jams, nutella, tea, coffee orange juice... Hope to see you again soon:)

The staff were incredibly friendly, I'd stayed at Wombats (London) before and was iffy about staying at the hostel however I found the staff at the Budapest location to approach as someone to get to know, rather than someone passing through. Will be staying at this hostel when I next visit Budapest.

Amazing location- trams, metro and buses all at the end of the street. Close by to all the good ruin bars and night life and facilities were super great - always clean and tidy! Only complaint was that our room wasn't cleaned for about 4 days so the bathroom was really gross. But other than that the staff were all very friendly and it was a throughly enjoyable stay.

• 15th Nov 2015
  • New Caledonia

Hi there, we are really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are extremly sorry for the bathroom, our cleaners are cleaning every room everyday, only exception when the guests are asking for no cleanings, also please keep in mind, in a shared bedroom things can be messy in notime. Hope we will see you again soon!

Really enjoyed my stay there.Clean rooms,friendly staff and perfect location+amazing facilities provided by hostel.The breakfasts were good as well:)

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Russia

It made me want to stay just in Wombat's at every city I go to

Great and HUGE hostel. Lots of people, although you don't get to meet them. Rooms are great and location is the best in town. I really enjoyed staying there.