Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

As always,, an excellent stay at Wombats.

Very nice hostel, but the 10 am checkout is a bit early. Also the breakfast is 3 euros

Hello!Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the "early" check out.We chose the 10 am check out time just to let you check in as early as possible,which is latest at 2pm.Some hostels let you sleep longer but you also have to wait longer for the check in.For 3 euros you can have all you can eat&drink buffet breaky,which we think is quite cheap in Budapest.Cheers

Absolutely excellent. This is the 2nd wombats I've stayed at (Munich a few years ago) and I was quickly reminded why I went with them again: they're excellent. The staff was super helpful and friendly, and the location can't be beat. It is also the cleanest hostel I've stayed at.

Nearly ok..

Good location

• 9th Nov 2015
  • Taiwan

The hostel is pretty well located. Even though there are ensuite bathrooms, during my stay I found to be a little dirty. I'm not a fan of leaving an ID as a deposit for the key card. They have lots of information and staff is pretty helpful. I did meet some great people in my room and it made my stay memorable! The hostel is pretty big and the bar seems a little spread out so it's hard to meet people.

Hi there!Thanks for your feedback and pls next time let us know immediately if there are any problems with your room so we can sort it out right away,You can leave any kind of ID as a deposit,it doesn`t need to be an official one,just anything with a photo.Most of the hostels require some money as deposit,but we think it`s more practical for everyone this way.Cheers from Bp.

Wombats is a professional hostel. You get an excellent value for your money. The staff are helpful and polite, the rooms are big, clean and the facilities are also in really good conditions

Excellent and professional services.

Overall I thought the hostel was brilliant, lovely staff, really cheap and such value for money.

The hostel is great! Very clean and nice, each bed has a socket to charge your mobile/tablet and a lamp. The location is, by far,the best part of it: it is a 5 minute walk from Deák and is really close to a lot of shops. The parliament, St. Stephens and many other touristic attractions are within a walking distance! Would highly recommend it, the atmosphere, however, is not the best. If you are a solo traveler, like I was, you'll need to work a bit to make friends, but it is worth it!!!

Thanks for the great feedback!:-) Yes, since the high season is over unfortunately you need to work a bit more on having new friends while travelling,but we are also on it and try our best to provide the athmosphere for it! :-) Cheers from Bp

Very good breakfast. there is a bar to drink and a free drink for everyone, however, I would recommend more a small hostel for solo travelers because big groups arrive in this hostel so it is harder to meet people. I think this is a better hostel if you travel with friends

The staff was so friendly and helpful! The rooms were clean, I had a 4bed mixed ensuite and there were only three of us. The bar downstairs was nice and Zach was beyond amazing. Great place to meet people who are traveling. Kitchen facility need some help but a great hostel all together. Not far from the metro and great location to get about the city. With I had more time here. Also, there is a great pizza place right next door to the hostel that is open late for those late night to cravings!

Hi there!Thanks for the great feedback and sorry for the missing kitchen tools. :-( We replaced everything already,you should check it out anytime soon! :-)

Everything was wonderful!

• 30th Oct 2015

Great location- right in the middle of the party district, but still not too loud at night. Staff was friendly and helpful and facilities were clean.

It is a good place but the smell on the rooms is disgusting.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable! XD

The hostel was in a very good location, close to everything in a walking distance or public transportation. I loved the bar area and the possibility of interacting with other guests - the pub crawl was also very nice! The room was comfortable, but had really bad lightning and only one power source next to the double bed. The towel given to us was extremely small so we needed to change at the reception. WiFi would only work in the bedroom and not in the common area (breakfast/bar).

• 27th Oct 2015

It was in a great location right near restaurants and pubs. The only problem was that the Internet would frequently not work. Apart from that it was great and I would definitely stay there again.

• 27th Oct 2015

Second time staying here - enjoyed my stay just as much as the first time :)

Amazing hostel! Very friendly vibe from the staff. Easy to meet people and great location! Next time in Budapest my stay will be here!