Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Very nice and warm welcome at the reception, unfortunately there were no towels at that time, but that was the only missing thing about WOMBATS in Budapest.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Hello! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and sorry for the missing towels. :( Since it's an extra service we can't guarantee to have enough towels for all of our guest 7/24, but even if we run out of them usually you can get your towel latest the next day with the new delivery. Hope you'll visit us again sometimes.

Everything was wonderful except for the fact that it was very cold in the room! I stayed in 4 female dorm and all 4 of us had to wear thick clothes to keep ourselves warm! It seemed like the central heating system wasn't working fine in that room. Also the water pressure in the shower was very low. But other than that, everything was pretty awesome. Especially the staffs were very kind and the breakfast was great considering its cost.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Hi there! Thank you for the useful feedback and we apologize for your expereinces. Next time please report it right away at reception if you expereince any technical problems. We could have solved it easily or provide you a different room.Hope to see you again sometimes! All the best

PERFECT! :)

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Hungary

Great location and friendly staff. Only downfall was that there were other ignorant guests up yelling in the corridors until 5am each night.

I was totally satisfied with this hostel centered location, cleaness, kind staffs and also very nice price There is no reason to choose this place

Fantastic stay at a beautiful, clean and friendly hostel. The hostel provided everything we could have wanted, and I will 100% be returning to the Wombats when I'm next in Budapest, or in one of the other cities where they have hostels!

Had such a lovely stay, so comfortable! Sad to leave. Would fully recommend to friends

• 9th Feb 2015

Hi there! Don't sad, you are welcome back anytime! :-)

The guys in charge were all super kind, nice and helpful and the breakfast was awesome!

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for the super feedback! :-)

Lovely place to stay. Great location with food and bars etc and tourism. Only negative they had no towels the whole 3 days we were there, which were ment to come with the booking.

Wombats Budapest has been the best hostel we've stayed in our trip so far!

Hello! Thanks a million for the lovely words, hope to see you soon again! :-)))

Very nice staff, very helpful! The hostel is loud in the mornings (7-8am)

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Would reccomend all wombats hostels! Always wonderful staff, amazing location, good security, and en suite shower.

I arrived at 1:00am checked-in, got my room all sorted quickly, and went to bed by 1:30am. At 3:30am (2 hours later) I woke up with 14 bed bug bites all over my body. Needless to say I was very VERY upset. While they did change my room and reimburse me for my first night I do not think that was enough because of the pain and itching I had to go through for 6 days. I am highly sensitive to bug bites and they swell to the size of golf balls. It completely ruined my 2 days I had in Budapest.

• 4th Feb 2015

Hi there! There are no words how sorry we are for what happened. We tried our best to make it less inconveninet for you, but I understant it was not possible. But please try to understand, that this is an issues which happens from time to time no matter how clean a place is. This is such a hostel issue, which all hostels deals with and try to reduce to as less cases as possible.Thanks to our very strict policy it rarely happens.Hope to see you again to give you a much better impression.

The beds were really comfortable and the sheets so soft!! Loved it!

:) thank you, feel free to try our beds in our other houses as well! ;)

The only problem I found in the hostel is that the WiFi works really bad.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Spain

The hostel was pretty cool, well organised, dorms good, but the staff are just rude, except from one guy who works at the bar..

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback and we are deeply sorry for your bad impressions. We would highly appreciate if you could tell us via e-mail what exactly made you feel so bad regarding our staff. This is a very important issue for us, we were/are always proud of our friendly and professional service, so please help us to make it even better. All the best and hope to see again sometimes.

Great location, but no internet at all!

The one in Budepest was the most beautful hostel I have ever seen in my life. Perfect. Thanks for kindness and thougtfulness.

Sadly our room was directly over the Hostel-Bar and we couldn't hardly sleep because of the loud music playing the whole night...

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Hello! Thank you for the feedback and we are more than sorry for your bad sleep. The bar usually closes at midnight, there only a few exceptional cases when we have special parties, but definately not until the monring. Next time pls feel free to come to the reception anytime, so we can solve the problem by turning down the music or providing you a new room on an upper floor. Hope to see you again sometimes.

Everything was fine but I couldn't tolerate the sound emitted from the corridor. Any sound from the corridor could be heard in your own room even at the other wing. Especially in the morning when other guest are leaving usually at 6 or 7 morning.

• 28th Jan 2015