Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Great location- right in the middle of the party district, but still not too loud at night. Staff was friendly and helpful and facilities were clean.

It is a good place but the smell on the rooms is disgusting.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable! XD

The hostel was in a very good location, close to everything in a walking distance or public transportation. I loved the bar area and the possibility of interacting with other guests - the pub crawl was also very nice! The room was comfortable, but had really bad lightning and only one power source next to the double bed. The towel given to us was extremely small so we needed to change at the reception. WiFi would only work in the bedroom and not in the common area (breakfast/bar).

• 27th Oct 2015

It was in a great location right near restaurants and pubs. The only problem was that the Internet would frequently not work. Apart from that it was great and I would definitely stay there again.

• 27th Oct 2015

Second time staying here - enjoyed my stay just as much as the first time :)

Amazing hostel! Very friendly vibe from the staff. Easy to meet people and great location! Next time in Budapest my stay will be here!

Exactly what you'd expect from a wombats. Recommended for any type of traveler

I stayed in a private room with a double bed and it was really comfortable, nice, clean and with a private toilet. The only problem, specially in the evenings, was that sometimes the toilet smelled a little bit bad as if the water from the sewer didn't go well. The breakfast was really nice, fruit, orange juice (and a good one, not the colored water one), several kinds of bread, cheese, ham, etc. The bar was ok, but there wasn't many people. A really good place to stay.

Great strip of eateries right outside and staff were friendly. Wifi only worked downstairs but otherwise happy with everything

wombat means super awesomeness

Great hostel and lovely staff, but the wifi was horrible!

• 19th Oct 2015

I was given such a warm welcome from David and Mohammed. I have been traveling for over 2 months and they definitely have been the nicest hostel receptionist I have met. They made me smile from the moment I stepped up to the desk. They are awesome!! Always nice to have that kindness when you're traveling alone. Plus the hostel was in a great location and felt more like a hotel than a hostel!!

Hi there!Thanks for the lovely words, I`ll forward it to them. We are super happy that you had such a nice stay, you are welcome back anytime! :-) Cheers

It's wombats so you know what to expect. Everything is perfect

It had everything that you ask from a hostel and even more! I really felt like home there,it's super clean and its location is perfect! The staff were extra helpful and kind! I totally recommend it!

Very good hostel indeed. Great location and facilities. I always have a good time staying at any Wombat's.

This is a noisy, industrial and impersonal hostel. A very (!) noisy hostel, got screaming on our floor till 5am, literally nothing within the hostel to break sound. Walls are paper-thin so you literally hear every move that happens in the neighboring room (including bath). Vacuuming of the rooms starts at 7:00 in the morning, again there is nothing to break noise. Prepare yourself for short sleep cycles. Staff didn't apologize nor tried to understand us. Drug dealer in front of hostel.

Hi there!We are extremely sorry that you didn`t have a good sleep.Unfortunately it happens,that guests are noisy after coming back from bars,clubs,but our staff is always willing to help you by warning the noisy ones to behave and/or provide you a different room further from them.I`m really sorry if it didn`t happen,I will look into it and make sure next time everything goes perfectly.Don`t worry about the strange Ppople on the street either,we have a great security system.Cheers

Had stayed here before and the staff were brilliant, the guy with dealt with this time was moody and not really helpful at all. Still a great location, clean hostel but lacking a little bit of an atmosphere.

Hi there!Thanks for your feedback and we are really sorry for your impression of our staff member.I investigated a bit and noticed that you checked in very late night/early morning, so most probably our staff member was already a little bit tired after a probably busy night.This is not an excuse of course,we'll make sure it never happens again,but just wanted to point out that sometimes the life of a receptionist is not so easy..:-) Sorry again and we really hope to have you here again sometimes

The hostel was in a sweet location, very close to the ruin pubs and a short walk away from parliament and the palace. Good lockers in the rooms too.

Fun people, close to the barstreets and not too far to city centre. neighbourhood was not very safe but the hostel itself felt safe

Hi there!Thanks for the great feedback,so cool that you enjoyed your stay! :-) Pls don't worry of our location either. Although there are some usual suspects on the street like in every big cities,but nothing serious, really,and our security guards also keep everything under control..Cheers from Bp