Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

The staff was very knowledgeable and always ready and eager to help. Facilities were good; very happy with the personal secured locker in my room for valuables. GREAT location.

• 30th Jul 2014

Not the best of the Wombats hostels. Has the usual facilities, but the bar wasn't so great and didn't have much of an atmosphere. Not sure if all the bathrooms are like this, but ours was a disabled access on and the floor was constantly wet and filthy because the shower isn't in a separate cubicle. Well-located, near to some ruin pubs and also a good location for the daytime touristy stuff.

Hi there!Thanks for your feedback, we'll try our best to make the bar more cosy!Not all the bathrooms are like that, next time pls come to the reception anytime, usually we can change your room easily. Cheers

Cancelled this reso.

Very clean, great social atmosphere, big spacious rooms. Only thing I can fault is the slow wifi, otherwise I cannot recommend it enough!

The staff were very nice and helpful. The drying machine for clothes however didn't really work, so I had half-wet clothes in my bag when checking out the next day. Everything else was good though.

• 29th Jul 2014

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the wet clothes! Next time please let us know cause probably it was only a minor technical issue or wrong chosen program. Cheers

Realy great hostel! Rather than a hostel it looks like a classy hotel, the only difference is you stay in a dorm. Faclities are perfect locaton is good, really close to city center and the bars that you can enjoy your night! I definitely recommend it you won't regret!

Thanks a lot, hope to see you again sometimes! :-)

Nice and confortable, was to big for traveling on my own, to many big groups and the atmosphere was more inclined to prefer these type of travelers. My room was on the first floor looking over a very busy street and because it was hot it was hard to sleep with all the noise. Would recommend going there in a big group and not in summer.

Probably the best Hostel I've ever stayed, sets a very high standard!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Finland

The wifi doesn't work in any rooms or common areas you need to go to the Cafe a few doors down for wifi

• 28th Jul 2014

Very good one! Very central location, av-good wi-fi, also in the rooms, very nice building, sockets and indivudual lights for every bed. Everything there is above average.

Confortable. Even the room with 8 beds had a good space.

:-) Thank you!

the hostel big and nice , many young people , there is a bar you can drink as much you like , so it was very nice cause if drunk youth, in bathroom in a room floor was never clean

Probably my favorite hostel during my Inter-railing trip. Staff were so helpful and good fun. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. Bathroom got a bit messy (probably our faults). We could not get bath party tickets and Wombats immediately got us all tickets at a lower price. Facilities were awesome and there was so many top notch restraunts and shops In the area, right beside a tram stop too.

• 26th Jul 2014

Good hostel in good location. Perfect for visiting the city.

• 26th Jul 2014

In general the hostel is good. The estructure is really good, they have lights and plug ins in each bed. The bedroom is big and ok. Just the staff who is not the best . I have asked for some information and the guy sad that i could spent some "good 5 minutes with the map¨. We stayed just 2 nights and one of them without a toilet in the bedroom because the flush bottom was broken and there wasnt anyone who could fixed. So we payed for a bedroom with toilet and had to go downstairs to use it.

Hostel is nice, stuff at reception could be better, breakfast was excellent and location is great...during the day. If you don't mind seeing people taking drugs on the street near hostel during the night or drunked roomates which go several times in bathroom to throw up, this hostel will be great place for you. Othervice, pay few euros more for a hostel in decent part of Budapest.

Great location, near the best bar/clubbing area. Clean, cheap and with a great value-for-money breakfast.

Internet connection is not stable which is very annoying.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

TERRIBLE WIFI!!!!!

Excellent place to stay in Budapest, definitely likely to return if I come back!

• 24th Jul 2014