Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Really well located hostel. Doesn't have much character as it's way too big to feel like a cozy place to stay but it makes up for it with excellent facilities, good value for money, friendly staff and a perfect location.

The staff was friendly and helpful, especially in recommending places to eat/drink/etc. The location was incredibly good, the hostel is like a fancy hotel with lovely modern rooms and very classy bar/breakfast area.

• 8th May 2014

Very Good. There is outlet nearby eaxh bedm Wifi is fast. Room space is big.

Everything good but the late night noise. Kids yelling in the hallways at 2am. Mgt tried to control but still some probs.

Great hostel !! Modern and very clean. This was the 2nd time I've been in this Wombats hostel and I'll definately come back again! Too bad the hostel is far away from the Balaton sound festival ;-) See you guys

• 7th May 2014
  • Belgium

Absolutely Brilliant hostel, everyone helpful and friendly. Great location and just really couldn't ask for more from a hostel.

• 6th May 2014
  • Scotland

We had an awesome 4 day weekend at Wombats.! I absolutely loved the staff, so friendly and eager to help out! They booked our spa treatment, cabs, circled all the landmarks and good bars on a map (everyday after we'd lost the previous nights map...) and even printed out my bus ticket for free after I'd checked out. Our dorm was so spacious and clean and crisp and the amenities were brand new and all in good working order. The only tiny qualm was internet server would get full at night.

A brilliant hostel, very clean, really convenient and good facilities. Staff were great and very helpful. A really good base for exploring such a beautiful city!

• 3rd May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. The locker facilities were perfect. The shower was easy to use, clean and with good pressure. I was also really pleased with the free wi-fi and the fact that towels were provided free of charge too. The staff were helpful and the hostel bar added a great atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again. Great location!

• 2nd May 2014

We had a nice stay. The hostel is huge, clean, in a good location and the staff were friendly and helpful. Only comment is monitor the halls for loud drunk groups carrying on late at night for ages making it difficult to sleep.

• 2nd May 2014

The hostel and facilities were as expected and to a high standard although there wasn't much of an atmosphere. The hostel is in a fairly good central location with access to public transport and some sights close by. What did disappoint us was how we were sometimes dealt with by staff. I asked a few questions and each time felt as though I was becoming more of an inconvenience. One member of staff at reception made a particular distasteful comment about the night staff. Check-in time annoying.

The atmosphere was amazing. I totaly recommend.

• Romania

Laud, it was very loud, but of course you are not in budapest for sleeping.

• Hungary

If you are not party people it's noisy at night.

• 1st May 2014

Locker in shared dorm wouldn't lock. Fixed several times and broke again each time shortly after being fixed. Staff gave me two free breakfast vouchers to compensate and offered to store my expensive items behind their desk though. Very clean and good facilities.

• 30th Apr 2014

Very noisy until 3:30AM. Maybe this is somewhat of a party hostel?

The hostel was nice. Big room, nice and friendly staff and also good location. Unfortunately, the wi fi connection was not good. It often disconnected, usually in the afternoon till mid nite. It seemed that it was over capacity.

The must in terms of hostel! I especially liked to have lockers in the room, and night stand on each bunk bed to charge the phone. Excellent

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Perfect place to stay. very close to maina attractions with helpful staff. a bit noisy guests to be controlled.

loved to be stay there. close to almost everything.