Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Excellent location, staffs are nice, facilities are great. WIFI works perfectly in lobby, only 50% of the time in the room though. Didn't try the breakfast, looks good but too expensive.

Staff were really rude!! Often rolled their eyes at customers. They would often leave people waiting at the reception as they all joked around amongst them selves. A formal complaint was written and given to the manager. Otherwise the hostel is great! Unfortunate that staff mess that up.

Excellent and knowledgable reception staff....try for room on 4th floor at end of corridors for more peace at night..

Enjoyed my stay here meet some great people. One staff member was really rude but the rest were so nice! Has all the facilities you need and perfect location the only thing I didn't like is its a bit to big so it can be hard to socialise as it is very clickey.

I was very impressed from the Moment I walked into the Foyer until leaving. The Staff was very friendly, easy going and helpful. Certainly will go back next Monday when I travel back to Budapest. Thank you Renate

We had a private en suite room in hopes of a quiet stay. 3 girls ran races in the hall at 2 am, at 3 am a man strolled down the hall shouting, "Wake up, everyone!" A group of 4 conversed (just normal conversational tones) in the hall. To be fair, this was all on a Fri. night during the World Cup, so this may not be the "norm". The door to the halls required a key card for entry, but there were "trolls" waiting to dash in behind us. The staff is wonderful! Very knowledgeable, helpful, and fun!

• 14th Jun 2014

The location and facilities are very good for the price you pay. Still there are some things to improve: The security place where you can stall your stuff before arriving and leaving is not locked and therefore not really a safe place. The staff working in the hostel is nice, but it is very impersonal because of the large size of the hostel. (You often have to wait in line before being helped) For the same reason the atmosphere is not that nice. There are to many people.

• 14th Jun 2014

Best hostel I stayed at, great location and atmosphere!

Wifi was unusable!!!! beware! Atmosphere suffers because it is heavily used by Contiki and busabout

Great place, central, not too expensive.

• 12th Jun 2014

Unbelievable experience, exactly what we wanted. Somewhere that we could party and meet people but also somewhere to relax and sleep when we needed it, will definitely return in the future :) The only problem was the wifi, but that's not even a big issue because were so busy the entire time.

• 12th Jun 2014

Fantastic experience. Very clean, great location, nice people, etc. I had heard noise might be an issue but we had no problems - would HIGHLY recommend to anyone.

Why isnt there better than excellent? It was more than perfect.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Hostel was awesome! Rooms are big. Only complaints: the A/C doesn't work so it was very hot sleeping. And wifi was very spotty. I would still recommend!

The best place in Budapest!! I was so happy during my vacation in Wombats! Thanks a lot!!!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Russia

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! the best option of hostel in BUDAPEST

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

A mammoth of a hostel. It's your typical modern hostel: clean, secure, great facilities, friendly staff. The decor is a bit clinical giving it a hospital-like feel, I couldn't say I was overwhelmed by the atmosphere although we didn't hang around for long.

I've been to the Wombats in Berlin, which was excellent. But this one is even better. Very good location with easy access to all the sightseeings. Everything was clean and the room was cleaned every day. Staffs were very helpful. Highly recommend!

With out a doubt the only hostel I will stay at next time I'm in Prague.

Thank you for the great feedback, but please let us know in which hostel you stayed in Prague so we can forward it to them! :)

İt is realy a great hostel. Location is good, clean, rooms are enough good and possible to find a female dorm. Unfortunately now in the europe it is very diffucult to find a dorm whic is only for females. But in the rooms there vas not soap and towels. Breakfast is not ikncluded price, but they have big kitchen to cook. Anyway the map which given me was realy very clear. i like the place...

Hello! Thank you for the kind words, we are really happy that you enjoyed your stay! :-)Unfortunately we don`t provide soap, but next time you can find your free towel at the reception as always!Cheers