Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Some points were really good, like the location, the friendliness of the staff, the tips given by them, the lockers in the rooms, good breakfast... Other points were quite bad: the WiFi was very poor and at times, it didn't give any access to any secure pages; the shower head was broken and there wasn't any cold water in our room; the room smelled bad (chemicals?) at all times; a lot of noise every night due to their bar, and nobody intervened; they took away my bed sheets without notice.

Best hostel ive been too. So close to lightrail, food, bars, shopping. Front counter staff is soo nice and friendly beds are comfy and bathrooms are nice and clean. Perfect 10

• 29th Mar 2015

Loudness from 22:00 p.m. til 5:30 a.m. You say: It is quiet after 22:00 p.m.! Its' a fairy-tale.

• 29th Mar 2015

Dear Guest! We are really sorry for your bad sleep, but please, next time report it immediately at the reception if you hear such annoying noise at that late time. Our security guards and night shift staff make their regular rounds in the hostel every 30 min during the night, but unfortunately it's almost impossible to notice and to react to EVERY loud rooms & guests in time, that's why it would be helpful to get as many feedbacks on the spot to avoid such inconvenient cases.all the best

great hostel, friendly staff. amazing location!

Only comment, I was traveling with my daughter (21). We went to get a drink at the bar area and both male bartenders made comments in Hungarian abut me be older. I understand hostels are usually for younger people but no age limit is stated and I was a "paying customer". I did not appreciate the comments. The front desk staff were excellent.

Everything was great! Loved the market! Staff was super friendly and I really enjoyed my stay.

The hostel is very good. It is very near to metro station and other main attractions. The rooms are very good as well. However, one of the wooden on the bed was broke but that is not a very big problem. I personally think the staffs can be more friendly. They gave us voucher to claim free drinks from their bar also

Hi there!Thank you for your nice feedback and sorry for the broken bed.Next time pls tell us right away, so we can fix it immediately. Also, please tell us via mail,what made you feel that our staff was not friendly enough. It would be a great help for us to improve our service and we would appreciate your opinion very much. Hope to have you here again sometimes! :) All the best,

The hostel is really good, staff nice but unfortunately I have asked for covers (bad) and I didn't get it...

The staff were not very helpful. I like to ask staff for recommendations about good places to eat and things to do, and they did not have good recommendations, and did not seem like they wanted to help me let alone talk to me. Also it was very loud at night in the hall ways outside of my room. However, it was very clean, and nice that we got a free drink, and the location was great. There were a lot of good places to go out at night and to eat very close by.

• 20th Mar 2015

Just the Internet wifi that was very unstable and difficult to use.

I guess Budapest receives every year thousands of international people who comes for the first time there. The hostel could manage to provide receptionist with the minimum ability to be helpful with people that are new in the city. I arrived and I felt that I had to force the receptionist to speak, because she didn`t pay attention to my doubts. The breakfast is good but the fruits were rotten

Dear Guest! Thank you for your feedback and also for your e-mail regarding the friendliness of our staff. It was very helpful and detailed and we'll make sure that it never happens again, cause usually we are very proud of our knowledgeable and super nice receptionists. Hope to see you here again sometimes so we can show you our best service. Kind regards

A perfect offer especially for young people but also for all, who look for a very cheap stay in Budapest. Very kind staff. Guides of the city to rent without costs. Good beds in clean rooms. Only the toilets in the ground floor were partly defect, but surely only temporary. Summary: We were very happy to stay in Wombats City Hostel Budapest.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hi there!Thank you for the nice words and sorry for the not perfectly clean toilette downstairs. We check and clean them regularly and couple of times every day, but it could happen, if you happen to arrive there between two cleanings, that you find it in not it's most perfect condition: in this case you should let us know right away! :) All the best from Bp.!

A large hostel with lots of beds and a bar downstairs. Really close to the metro station and within walking distance of a lots of restaurants and bars. Solid place to stay, didn't feel like the bar atmosphere was the greatest, but it wasn't bad either. I prefer smaller hostels, but this is a solid place to stay.

The wi-fi didn't work in room......except wi-fi, it was a great hostel!

Wi-Fi çok kötü, lokasyon harika tavsiye ederim.

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Turkey

It is recommended that guests who arrive at Budapest by train get off at the Budapest Keleti station since the hostel is only 3-4 stops away in the subway.

All was well for me and I'm really glad I chose to stay in Wombat's.

It's a lovely hostel to spend your time, near everything and the receptionist were really helpfull, I recommend.

(: thank you! all the best from wombat's

Wombats was AWESOME. Literally a hotel for hostel price. Loved the place, the location, the staff!!!

Wifi needs improvement, unrelayeble. Except of this everything was fine.

• 13th Mar 2015