Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Wifi wasnt great and the receptionist was very impolite with my friends in the check in. Despite this everything worked well.

the hostel do not accept euro for payment .

• 21st Apr 2014

A spacious, clean, well maintained hostel. Great location also.

I am becoming the biggest Wombats fan, I don't know how they get their hostels so clean and modern. As ever a great beginning to the night at the bar and jokes staff.

Thank you!!!! :-) Hope we can welcome you again soon!

I love Wombats but wish there was soap in the bathrooms and the staff was a little nicer

Hostel Location very ideal, close to town, close to main metro station (all lines 1,2,3) and therefore easy to reach from airport (or trainstation). Nice and clean lobby. Friendly Staff. Cheap and good (1000Forint) all you can eat breakfast. Lockers included which is good.

Great hostel, perfect location and friendly staff. The on,y gripe I have is that the wifi is EXTREMELY poor, I was trying to book future accommodation and it took me well over an hour. For travellers or anyone on the go, access to the internet is vital so I think more investment really needs to be put into getting a decent and stronger connection.

The wi-fi it's really bad, specially in the upper rooms. It was very slow and desactives a lot. You can't use whatsapp properly and browsing was impossible.

For such a high-class hostel, one would expect to have soap in the bathroom.

Very close to the subway and very easy to get there from Keleti Station! You have to pay for breakfast (if u want to) as in every Wombats but it's really good value for money. Very clean. One guy from the staff seemed quite rude to me but the others were really nice. Highly recommended option in Budapest!

We travelled in a group of four and got a room to ourselves. It was massive, with each of us having a lot of space to ourselves. The toilet was a bit dodgy and the window shade wouldn't shut which was a bit disruptive to our sleep. In saying that, we all had lockers to ourselves and the keycards were great. The lobby was a great place to socialise and the breakfast in the morning that was available to purchase was great. Staff were really helpful. Awesome location, easy to explore the city

Huge hostel, but so much common space that it never feels overcrowded. Good place if you're into drinking and partying and in a group, perhaps not the best choice for a solo traveller.

the staff is not too kind

completely in center of Budapest with lots of bars around. really good location for party people and food lovers.

Really enjoyed the stay... But damn was it loud

Thanks you very much first for the staff and the reception (but also for all staff). We had a great stay at your hotel (5 perfect days and 4 perfect nights). Of course we will return and recommend your hotel, sincerely best regards, Alicia Hilaire

• 17th Apr 2014

Thank you so much!! You are welcome anytime! Cheeers

Lovely people, great place and probably one of the best locations in town. My son (11) and me (54) are probably not the regular hostel guests, but to be able to afford a longer stay to visit my older son, who's a student in Budapest, I thought: Well why not? Go for it! And I didn't regret it! How well everything is organized, how really, friendly the staff people (no matter what time of the day it was!) gave us their assistance, the spacey rooms and well working facilities! Thanks to you all!!

• 16th Apr 2014

Dear guest! Thank you for the kind words, it was soo lovely to meet you and your little son! :-) Hope to see you soon again in Budapest!

Great location and great price. No soap in the bathrooms, but other than that, no complaints.

Everything was fantastic and the receptionists were awesome with booking things to do and advice.

• 16th Apr 2014

My bed is about to be collapsed. There is some boroken...and so crowded, dirty kichen! I don't want to visit here anymore.

Hi there! We are so sorry for your bad experiences cause of the bed and the kitchen. Sometimes our beds are a bit broken or ruined, but you should let us know anytime so we can solve the problem by fixing the bed or giving you a brand new room. Also, since it`s a self service kichen, it doesnt look always perfect after some guests who forgot to clean up after themselves. But only until our nice staff is coming and make it nice&tidy again! :-) Sorry again and hope to see you next time!