Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

The shitiest internet ever

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Great hostel.

Excellent stay. Previously stayed at Wombat hostel in Vienna and this was equally excellent. Only thing that went wrong was getting stuck in the lift!

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Manage nice control. Echoy halls, loud people up and down the halls all night on both nights.

The hostel is excellent!

The fact that they make your bed for yourself gave me trouble. On the second day, I went to do the sight seeing, and when I came back there was someone else sleeping in my bed (Because they made it, and it looked like there was no one sleeping there - which is understandable) But I had another bed to sleep in, in the same room. No problems there, just a thought.

The location is great because its right on a popular street however this is not your friend at night because people tend to party into the early hours of the day. But if you get the breakfast they offer there is a panini maker which was the highlight of our trip. Wombats are really great always clean and the staff is helpful and meeting people is a good thing too. I stayed at the one in Berlin too and it was great thats why we chose to stay at the one in Budapest.

Would have liked to see heather breakfast options, but everything else was great!

EXCELLENT HOSTEL!! BEST IN BUDAPEST!!!

Wombats was great! We only stayed one night (a Wednesday) and for a 4 person room it was such a good price! The room was nice and the bathroom was nice too. The location is perfect! Walking distance from basically everything you want to see and do. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bar and lounge area was fun and welcoming, but the hostel is big enough that if you don't want the party scene your room is far away and quiet. Bring your own towel though. Would absolutely stay with them again!

Dear guest!Thank you for the great feedback, it was very nice to host you in Wombat`s Budapest! :-) Next time please ask your towel at the reception,you can rent it for free! :-) Hope to see you again!

I need help for the landry and I asked for staff, but he was totally stupid and rough with me. Despite this fact the hostel is wonderful.

Great hostel.

The hostel is in a very good location. It is close to the main square of the city and very close to a metro station. The rooms are very clean, the beds are confortable and each one has its own reading light and socket. The breakfast is very good and complete. The hostel has laundry facilites but they are a bit expensive. One of the guys in the front desk was extremely rude when I asked him for a recomendation, but all the rest were okay. I would definetely recommend this hostel.

Wifi wasnt great and the receptionist was very impolite with my friends in the check in. Despite this everything worked well.

the hostel do not accept euro for payment .

• 21st Apr 2014

A spacious, clean, well maintained hostel. Great location also.

I am becoming the biggest Wombats fan, I don't know how they get their hostels so clean and modern. As ever a great beginning to the night at the bar and jokes staff.

Thank you!!!! :-) Hope we can welcome you again soon!

I love Wombats but wish there was soap in the bathrooms and the staff was a little nicer

Hostel Location very ideal, close to town, close to main metro station (all lines 1,2,3) and therefore easy to reach from airport (or trainstation). Nice and clean lobby. Friendly Staff. Cheap and good (1000Forint) all you can eat breakfast. Lockers included which is good.

Great hostel, perfect location and friendly staff. The on,y gripe I have is that the wifi is EXTREMELY poor, I was trying to book future accommodation and it took me well over an hour. For travellers or anyone on the go, access to the internet is vital so I think more investment really needs to be put into getting a decent and stronger connection.