Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Great chain of hostels in good locations throughout Europe, highly recommend. Reception staff are friendly and willing to assist at all times. Great atmosphere ms great location. Common areas are a great place to meet people me chill. The Guest Kitchen needs an oven.

Had a great time at wombats in Budapest. Perfect location, walking distance to a lot of key points of interest, and minutes to public transit. Elevator was broken during our stay, and of course we were staying on the top floor. Otherwise a great place to stay!

The hostel is just amazing with right set of people. The "killer" location with modern amenities makes the hostel unique and best of its kind

I cannot find anything to complain about. The location of the hostel is perfect, It's close to the metro, close to the pubs and it is easy to get there. The staff is nice and the rooms are both clean and comfy. I really like the keycard system and that there are secutity lockers within the rooms.

This is a great hostel. The location is awesome, walking distance to everything. The front of house staff were super helpful and the vibe in the common areas were great. Nice big rooms and beds with own power point and light as well as big locker. Also we didn't have time to do it but heard great things about the bar crawl and walking tour. Would definitely recommend.

Really nice hostel, well situated. All the facilities you need is there, the staff is nice, everything is clean and safe. The breakfast is delicious and not expensive. It can be pretty noisy at night but that's the noise or the location I guess. I would definitively recommend this place to my friends.

• 24th Sep 2015

Great location and very nice staff, but a little bit noisy for all night.

Incredible.

• 23rd Sep 2015

Nice staff, hostel seemed a bit empty/low on atmosphere, but maybe this was due to the visit dates.

Safe, clean and centrally located. The private room was quite spacious and the building itself seems to be a former hotel. The staff were very helpful. Only complaint would be that depending on the room location it could be a bit noisy (the area around the hotel is lively at night and if you are on the 1st floor you can hear the lobby music). Other than that it was great, I would recommend staying at this location to my friends.

JOIN THE PUB CRAWL!!! first pub is all your can drink wine/beer and they take you to cool bars and a club at the end. wombats is a great hostel if your up all night partying. the location is on a main street with loud drunks and horns honking all night, very close to bars. very spacious common room and bar.

A very big hostel that looks more as an apartment. big clean bedrooms. The only was that the lifting (elevator) was not working during all my stay and my room was at 4th floor. It makes you feel tired of go down and up many times. hehe The breakfast is really good and very cheap. actually everything in Budaspest is cheap. In general I enjoyed the hostel and would come back and recommend to friends.

Excellent location, but the facilities were a bit run down compared to the other Wombat's locations. While there is an on-site bar, I felt that there really wasn't much of a "travelers atmosphere". There was also a lack of advertised programs to help meet people, etc.

We stayed two night is a twin room, which was huge, the largest twin I've ever seen in a hostel! It was very clean, they put the sheets on for you and provide a towel for free, there was also hand soap in the bathroom. The reception staff were very nice. When we arrived we got a voucher for a free drink. Only things to improve are that the luggage storage room is not behind the reception desk so anyone can get in and it would be nice to have a bigger and comfier lounging area.

Had a double room On the 1st floor, got no sleep because of the drunk guys making noise from 11pm- 5am. Only got 1 towel for 2 persons. Staff forgot that we already payed breakfast because they didnt give us the vouchers. Everything else was ok.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Austria

Hi there!We are very very sorry for your bad night,but pretty please,next time let us know so we can solve the problem and tell the noisy ones to behave.I hope the other minor issues were not too serious and our staff was happy to help you..We are glad that you liked our Location though.Hope to see you soon again, cheers from Bp

Hostel looks recently renovated. We stayed in a private room and it we had plenty of space. My only complain is that the light in the room could be more generous. Even when all the lights were on the room waa little bit dark. We stayed in room 205. Wedidn't have problems with noise from the street, as the room faced the inner courtyard. The location is perfect and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Very clean and awesome location

Staff are great, location is brilliant close to all the sights and bar area. It also has a great atmosphere whether you want to go out or stay in.

• 17th Sep 2015

The room was incredibly dirty from the dark stains all over the mattress to the disgusting state of the bathroom. The noise of people going up and down the corridor all night was so loud as was the air conditioning. We were meant to stay four nights but after one night we moved onto somewhere else. The breakfast looks inedible, we didn't try it. There are large common areas but they are loud, smelly and lack natural light. i would advise against staying here.

• 17th Sep 2015

Hi there!Sorry that you had such a bad time.Next time pls feel free to ask help from reception if you had any cleaning or noise issues.Unfortunately there are sometimes some spots which can`t be perfectly cleaned,however the matress itself is being washed regularly.We change these matresses to new ones regularly and we did it already in that room too.Most of our guests love our yummy&cheap breaky,we are really sorry that you didn`t like it,but next time you should try it maybe.All the best

Great staff, awesome location, decent bread at breakfast and lemon water