Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Great location, lots of bars, shops and restaurants around. Walking distance to everything! Great hostel

Very simply put....bedbugs. I got an awful infestation in my bunk in room 201 - after a short 2 hour nap I woke to a bed crawling in them 5, 10 + visible just hanging around. I understand this can happen in such a large hostel, but clearly they haven't been taking care of a situation that was known about and never resolved and didn't seem to have any urgency when I informed them. So be aware check when in your room. Especially room 201.

There were some problem with the bathroom: the shower overflowed and made the floor wet, and there was no hand soap for hand cleansing (I don't think the soap would cost that much for a room). Asides from this point, the hostel was very nice!

One word...bedbugs

• 8th Sep 2014

FAVOURITE hostel from our entire trip around Europe by far! Large, clean dorms with nice en-suite bathrooms. The location was great, very central and close to places to eat (pizza, Mexican etc). The staff were very friendly and happy to offer recommendations or give directions to certain places. The atmosphere was great - lots of other friendly backpackers up for a good time. We went to the bar every night and met new groups of people with whom we then went out with. Great free walking tour!

Very good hostel. Everything was perfect: security, location, staff, etc. I recommend this amazing place for everyone.

Awesome hostel good location clean and good atmosphere

Stayed summer 2014 only just got round to doing the review. Great central place, staff were helpful regarding the spa party (A must do) or calling you taxis. The bar area in the hostel was real fun for pre drinks!

The wireless connection was a big, frustrating problem. It would literally work for a minute at a time and you had to keep logging in.

The hostel is clean and has a good location. But for me it was just to massive. There were a lot a bachelor party's, waiting to check in, no atmosphere, not a good place for a single traveller to meet other travellers.

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » last »