Xiangzimen International Youth Hostel Reviews

16 Xiangzimiao Street, Xi'an, China

I really loved this hostel! They have free train station pick-up, decent breakfasts, and amazing atmosphere. The hostel is beautiful, and the rooms are decorated in the traditional Chinese style. My parents and I share one giant bed (emperor-sized?) with Chinese lanterns hanging overhead. Not very soft, but what do you expect in China? Staff was fairly helpful, but they weren't always knowledgeable about DIY travel plans. The location is about a 4-minute walk to the city wall's south gate. Great

Staff is very helpful for your planning, no matter you want to go. They will try to find out the best way to make your trip most valuable. Room is depending on what type of room you get, mine is fair. It's clean but not new. But comfortable to stay overnight.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Only had couple of meals at hostel but really good, good value for money, good central position and easy to find, nice surrounding well worth a visit if in Xian

Front Desk Staff, Ashley is an asset to the hostel. She answered all our questions, recommended some sights to see, gave us directions, etc. and made sure our stay at the hostel is up to our satisfaction. She always wears a smile!!!

A nice place to stay with helpful staff. It's called a hostel, but the private room was as good as any basic hotel. I booked Tour #2 to see the Terra Cotta warriors. The tour company didn't have time to finish the tour and I got a refund from the hostel on part of the price. I ended up essentially doing Tour #1, which was actually perfect; anything more is overkill. The French Breakfast was convenient and reasonably priced. It is a perfect location for heading out to the ancient Wall, where you

We very much enjoyed our stay here. Our flight came in a bit late, so we thought it may be a problem getting there around midnight, but it wasn't at all. They greeted us with smiles and helped us with our bags. The room was great, and the location of the hostel could not have been better. No complaints at all. The breakfast was good as well.

We are glad to receive your evaluation, and thank you to give us such high praise, thank you. As you said, our employees really enjoy this job, and sincerely hope we can bring happiness to each of you here, and thank you for reputing this happiness to us. Of course, you are very grateful to our rooms and facilities,we will continue to work for it.Welcome to come again, we are waiting for you.

We came with a big group late at night and the staff was accommodating and helpful with directions. They had a great bar and eating area as well and the whole place looked fantastic~

• 5th Jun 2014

Perfect location,staff speak good English and way out to help specially Ashley.the tour they organized were value for money,highly recommend...

Thank you for the so good evaluation. We do not know how to express our gratitude, but our happiness is beyond description , thank you so much. It is necessary to say that you are our best friends, all of us look forward to having warm home feeling. See you next time. Best wishes.

Great hostel in a great location near the wall, bell and drum tower and the markets in the Muslim quarter. Also set in a nice historic building which added to the experience of staying in Xi'an

Thanks for your commendation. As you said , the location is great .it is easy for you to get everywhere, only 5-15minutes to walk..All the staff hope you have a nice time and have a good memory here. Great greeting and best wishes.

full of tourists during dragon boat vacation. I move to green forest later, which has better atmosphere, and made a lot of friends.

• 27th May 2014
  • China

Thanks for mailing us that you had a great time in our hostel and commend us.we are so appreciated that you spend a pleasant time .Thank you again for everything you left, hope you have a nice trip.

It's a bit hard to find based on the directions given. But it's also because it was very late at night. It was dark and nobody on the streets. They have a litter of kittens in the hostel.

The hostel is very well kept and in a good location. Also the staff are friendly and seem to do their jib well.

The moment we received your review made us to feel ilke a friend too. Thank you so much. As you said, our employees really enjoy this job, and sincerely hope we can bring happiness to each of you here, and thank you for reputing this happiness to us.Sincerely look forward to seeing you again. Best wishes.

Beautiful hostel in a great, bustling corner within the city walls of Xi'an. room was clean and cosy as was the rest of the hostel, what let the place down was the indifferent, almost rude attitude of the staff, I completely understand there is a language barrier (us being English and not knowing a lick of Chinese) but they seemed to have much better things to be getting on with than helping guests, both to find landmarks in the city, and even to use the facilities in the hostel. Not impressed.

Thank you for your booking.we are so pleased that you gave us these suggestions, we will try our best to be better. .For the problem you mentioned, we felt sorry to give you the inconvenience, but we will promptly repair, ensure that you feel more attractive. thank you for your timely feedback to us.Have a nice trip and best wishes.

Great place to stay , I have already been in this Hostel before and nothing changed, I had a problem during my first night of stay in the dorm , one of our sleep mate was doing violent nightmare , they moved me and my girl friend to another room without problem or questions. I haven't eat to their restaurant but had a beer there, I bit too smoky for us no smoker. The staff is always helpful and most of them speak a good English .

The staff was very helpful, their English is good! The dumpling party on Fridays is awesome. When you are going to xi'an this hostel will definitely live up to your experience.

Nice and beautiful place. Good breakfast and english speaking staff. It is perfectly located for city sightseeing.

Thank you for all aspects of the location, staff and service in our hostel. because of your recognition and support, we will continue to work to be a completely diffwe felt so happy 。because the smile and joy you left ,we sincerely thank you. All the satff look forward to meeting you next time, getting a new experience in xiangzimen youth hostle. Great greeting and best wishes.

This hostel is in a perfect location! Walking distance to most things, short bus ride to the train station. I booked an 8 bed or so dorm but they put me in a 4 bed when I arrived. My only complaint about the hostel is that the hooks in the shower are right below the shower head so it's nearly impossible to shower without getting all of your clothes wet.

thanks for your commendation.As you said the location and the staff are our specialty.it is easy for you to get anywhere.for example,the Bell Tower,Drum Tower,food street and Tenrracotta Warriors.for the problem you mentioned, we will be renovated.

By far the best of 5 hostels I have tried in Xi'an. Staff very helpful and friendly. The manager went out of her way to help me with mobile phone issues and airline tickets. Everyone is cheerful, it seems, and welcomeme warmly whenever I return.

it really our honour that you can have a comfortable trip trip in our hostel.our success is belong to your support and trust. we sincerely look forward to seeing you later.

This place was fantastic. Booked a double room and the bed must have taken up about one third of the room which was great! They even had a tv and kettle provided. The hostel itself is a really nice traditional chinese building and easy to access. Staff were helpful and people seemed to enjoy the bar/restaraunt though we didn't take advantage of it. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. (Also ask the staff about public bus to Terractotta Warriors, will save you a lot!)

Very well located hostel, nice rooms, great (cheap) breakfasts.

hai,thanks you gave us comment,we wish you have a enjoy life ,and welcome to our hostle again, we will do angthing is better.