Xiangzimen International Youth Hostel Reviews

16 Xiangzimiao Street, Xi'an, China

2024 Total Reviews

We stayed for 2 nights in a mixed 4-bed dorm and to be honest, we were happy to leave. There was construction going on right above our room, including tremendous noise from 8 onwards, cigarette smoking builders inside of the hostel and freezing cold rooms and hallways, since a part of floor 3 was completely open. Also when I was taking a shower the light turned off. Restaurant smelled like suige and there were more then 4 cats constantly begging for food.At least staff was helpful and nice tho.

A great place to stay. Highly recommended!

So cool! I like this hostel!

Very good service.the room is clean.everything is perfect.

Wonderful place with great atmosphere.even great staff.l will recommend.

Stuff are very helpful, I'll comeback again.

Stayed at this hostel for one night in January. The directions the hostel gives you prior to arriving are very outdated. I would recommend emailing or calling the hostel to confirm directions before arriving. Our overall stay was okay. People were allowed to smoke in the common area which was bothersome and only one staff member spoke English. We went on The Terra Cotta Warriors tour through the hostel and would definitely recommend it. The tour guide was very knowledgeable!

Excellent hosel! It's in a great location, the facilities are great, the atmosphere is very unique, and the staff are very helpful.

• 10th Dec 2015

This hostel was great! Excellent location! Close to the bus stop and the City Wall at South Gate. Also, in walking distance to the Bell Tower, Drum Tower, and Muslim Quarters. The staff was great and provided step by step instructions on how to get to different sightseeing spots. I would definitely recommend this hostel when staying in Xi'an!

Staff were fine except they didn't explain the bus routes properly. Also you have to pay for toiletries. Food is terrible here. Cucumber and tomato in musli. Salad is rubbish. Great location. Room was clean and fine. If you don't want atmosphere and food it's perfect really

Nice hostel but the staff speak basic English so if you have a problem they can't help

Great location and good facilities. Staff were English speaking and very helpful. Tour booking available

Xian was our favourite city in China and the hostel contributed towards that decision. The staff are friendly and helpful but their English is not the best. The hostel is very clean and the common areas are very large. This was a good thing for us because we wanted some time to relax but it could feel a little empty at times. The only time the bar area was busy was Saturday night (to be expected) which created a really good atmosphere. I would thoroughly recommend staying here.

Hostel was nice and clean and looked very good. but it took me quite a while to find it... The description you get is very poor and should be improved. You hand out great city maps with all important locations on it, you should send them to your visitors before they arrive. I also think that the best way to go to you from the airport is by the metro.

Hello! Thanks for your suggestions and we have made it right.We believe it will help more travllers to find our hostle and enjoy their journey in Xi'an.Welcome to our hostle at next time. Best Regards! Xi'an Xiangzimen Youth Hostle October 9, 2015

Very good all around. Great location, great facilities (bar, restaurant, pool table, etc), great workers (wish they spoke a little more english, but we were able to figure everything out with them still). If I ever go back to Xi'an, I'm definitely going here.

This Hostel was in a perfect location walking distance to all the main attractions with a Subway station near. One problem I did have was that they were not able to contact a Taxi for me? There are Chinese apps that can search for a cab. I recommend them downloading that app or figure out a way to be more helpful. Overall, the place was a good stay for the price.

What I liked about this hostel is the common area. But the showers are not really clean and the room did not have a window. Also it seems that the building itself does not really have windows, so sometimes it was kinda smelly. Furthermore, the nearest subway station is almost a 15 min. walk. Also, the hostel is in a quite expensive area, so just go outside to have food for local prices.

Fantastic hostel with friendly, helpfull people at the counter. Even received an upgrade for travellingwith my kids. Only smalll inconvenient was that next to our room they started woking early in the morning at the building. The breakfast is very well also.

As first time travellers we were amazed at how nice this hostel was,we would certainly stay here again should we return. The staff were more than helpful and the bar area is so peaceful and relaxing

The Xiangzimen Hostel was a wonderful place to stay - a good start for my trip to China. A traditional style house located within the city wall, close to the Metro-station and a lot of small restaurants. It was clean, the staff was friendly and I can recommend this place!