Xiangzimen International Youth Hostel Reviews

16 Xiangzimiao Street, Xi'an, China

1980 Total Reviews

This was the best value for money of all the places we've stayed. The level of English was good and we could easily communicate. For sure the most relaxing atmosphere for our busy schedule in this town.

I had read other views but was still taken aback by the architecture/design of the building. Really beautiful, very well-thought out. Stayed in a dorm room which had very large lockers- almost fitted my entire bag pack in. Only annoyance was that we by chance had people checking out early both mornings around 6am, no ones fault of course- but then the hostel let the next guests check in and come to the room before 7am! Also the cleaner cleans as early as she wants too- expect to be woken early!

This hostel was in the perfect location for our needs; smack in the middle of The Drum Tower, The Bell Tower, The Mosque, The Muslim Quarter and the South Gate of the city wall. The decor was fantastic, the beds were comfortable with rooms of adequate size. The staff were friendly and accommodating, the services and amenities available (free wifi, free coffee/beer, shower facilities etc) were a great advantage too.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Most of the staff are lovely, not amazing at speaking English but what can you expect, you're in China! The one lady who can speak good English didn't really spend that much time trying to help us which resulted in us getting lost for a while one day. Rooms are nice and pool table is cool. Drinks are expensive and it's mainly Chinese tourists here.

• 26th Jul 2015

Very cool building, but not enough toilet/shower facilities so I found they were often dirty or clogged. Staff are friendly and speak English well. Rental bikes were in great shape.

• 19th Jul 2015

Hostel was alright - cool building and right near the south wall, but mostly Chinese staying there which really limited the social atmosphere as I don't speak Chinese. Would be a better place if you're traveling in a group than solo.

Excellent location as it is only a 2 minute walk to the city wall and 5 minutes from the centre of the city. Laundry and bathroom facilities were very good. There was a nice kitchen and bar area at the front where you could hang out and get a few drinks. A few of the staff members seemed bit disinterested, but the remainder were very friendly and willing to help if you needed it.

The hostel is in a old nicely decorated building. Our twin room was spacious and very clean.

Such a lovely hostel! Well located, cool bar, and nice small dorm rooms. Really enjoyed my stay here - and the free welcome beer! Helpful staff also meant we got to the Terracotta Army by 9am which was fab! Thank you!

There is some deposit before check-in (This is not noted on the web).

• 9th Jul 2015
  • South Korea
  • All Male Group, 18-24

My friend and I had the dorm room to ourselves for the first 2 nights of our stay which was fantastic, it was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We were there mid-week in early July and there wasn't much of an atmosphere - nothing unpleasant , but not somewhere we met anyone new, or connected with anyone. But I'd definitely stay again.

One of the most beatiful hostel I've been in China, the facilities are very good. The only bad thing is the atmosphere, the common area doesn't invite you to meet people there. Besides that, the room are very good, I was in the 3rd floor, which look like are the best rooms.

Everything was good except their recommendation to the next door foot massage was not good. The foot massage was very unkind and noisy.

Although I only stayed one night, I really enjoyed it there. The common area is the highlight & the staff are very polite & helpful. Will definitely refer others :)

Perfect! Best Hostel for me , so far! Staff very helpful, Location in the city center and next to the bar district - top! We booked a private room, very nice furniture and clean. By the way , we liked the dumpling party!

• 25th Jun 2015

Only a couple of minor gripes. My air-con unit had a tube dripping water into a bin which if you wanted to sleep with the air-con on made a small noise as the water dripped into a bin. Didn’t really bother me and I didn’t ask to move rooms but if the hostel was full and a customer did, not sure what they could do.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Ex location inside wall in beautiful old building Spotlessly clean and staff very helpful Recomended hostel

This is my favourite hostel so far on my round the world trip. It's not very easy to find, I think a map should be provided with the directions when booked. The bar is nice, and there's a great atmosphere. The building itself is very beautiful and the staff are lovely. Big lockers, comfy beds and western toilets. Great location too inside the old city walls. I would recommend getting the bus to the Warriors though rather than the hostel's excursion, which seems pricey.

This is certainly one of the most beautiful looking hostels I've been at. Staff is friendly and helpful and the cafe offers quite a bit of variety for all palates at ok prices. One observation would be just to do a little more homework on giving clear directions on how to get to their hostel since I arrived at the north train station which had no explanations for.

The hostel itself is so beautiful. It's like a historic site too. The location great very near the main attractions. The bathroom needed some more cleaning especially around the sink.

• 9th Jun 2015