Xiangzimen International Youth Hostel Reviews

16 Xiangzimiao Street, Xi'an, China

1966 Total Reviews

Very cool building, but not enough toilet/shower facilities so I found they were often dirty or clogged. Staff are friendly and speak English well. Rental bikes were in great shape.

• 19th Jul 2015

Excellent location as it is only a 2 minute walk to the city wall and 5 minutes from the centre of the city. Laundry and bathroom facilities were very good. There was a nice kitchen and bar area at the front where you could hang out and get a few drinks. A few of the staff members seemed bit disinterested, but the remainder were very friendly and willing to help if you needed it.

The hostel is in a old nicely decorated building. Our twin room was spacious and very clean.

There is some deposit before check-in (This is not noted on the web).

• 9th Jul 2015
  • South Korea
  • All Male Group, 18-24

One of the most beatiful hostel I've been in China, the facilities are very good. The only bad thing is the atmosphere, the common area doesn't invite you to meet people there. Besides that, the room are very good, I was in the 3rd floor, which look like are the best rooms.

Everything was good except their recommendation to the next door foot massage was not good. The foot massage was very unkind and noisy.

Although I only stayed one night, I really enjoyed it there. The common area is the highlight & the staff are very polite & helpful. Will definitely refer others :)

Perfect! Best Hostel for me , so far! Staff very helpful, Location in the city center and next to the bar district - top! We booked a private room, very nice furniture and clean. By the way , we liked the dumpling party!

• 25th Jun 2015

Only a couple of minor gripes. My air-con unit had a tube dripping water into a bin which if you wanted to sleep with the air-con on made a small noise as the water dripped into a bin. Didn’t really bother me and I didn’t ask to move rooms but if the hostel was full and a customer did, not sure what they could do.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Ex location inside wall in beautiful old building Spotlessly clean and staff very helpful Recomended hostel

This is my favourite hostel so far on my round the world trip. It's not very easy to find, I think a map should be provided with the directions when booked. The bar is nice, and there's a great atmosphere. The building itself is very beautiful and the staff are lovely. Big lockers, comfy beds and western toilets. Great location too inside the old city walls. I would recommend getting the bus to the Warriors though rather than the hostel's excursion, which seems pricey.

This is certainly one of the most beautiful looking hostels I've been at. Staff is friendly and helpful and the cafe offers quite a bit of variety for all palates at ok prices. One observation would be just to do a little more homework on giving clear directions on how to get to their hostel since I arrived at the north train station which had no explanations for.

The hostel itself is so beautiful. It's like a historic site too. The location great very near the main attractions. The bathroom needed some more cleaning especially around the sink.

• 9th Jun 2015

Lots of great opportunities to meet people and swap stories. Some problems with washroom cleanliness, ladders in dorm beds uncomfortable. Very small problems in a wonderful hostel.

Beautiful hostel. The nicest I've bee been to.

Xiangzimen has an amazing location near the south gate and is also near the forest of tablets museum (a must see in addition to the warriors). The staff was helpful and the maps they provide you with have most of the details you need. The staff also directed us to a great noodle restaurant (Noodle King's Biang Biang Mien) and at night we had a great time drinking in the hostel's bar area. I highly recommend this hostel!

• 29th May 2015

Everything would be perfect if only the staff spoke English.

Best hostel in Xi'an! It has everything you are looking for as a traveler. The hostel is amazing! Beautiful location, and located super convenient! Easy to get there by public transport and all touristic sites in Xi'an are at walking distance. very friendly staff, very good facilities and rooms and the hostel provides tours (to the terracotta army for example) to make the most of your stay in Xi'an!

We just read the other reviews on line and thought this looks nice. We arrived at 12:00 am. The hostel also has a bar and restaurant so there were lots of people there. It is a smoky area when it is filled with people but in the morning the smoke has cleared out so you can eat breakfast. The staff is very friendly. They try to help out as much as they can due to some language barriers. The location was AWESOME! Our room was nothing special but clean. Overall great stay for your money!

• 22nd May 2015

The staff at reception were very good. Not only did they meet us at the railway station and drop us at the airport, they were always helpful, polite and friendly