Xiangzimen International Youth Hostel Reviews

16 Xiangzimiao Street, Xi'an, China

2003 Total Reviews

Great location and good facilities. Staff were English speaking and very helpful. Tour booking available

Xian was our favourite city in China and the hostel contributed towards that decision. The staff are friendly and helpful but their English is not the best. The hostel is very clean and the common areas are very large. This was a good thing for us because we wanted some time to relax but it could feel a little empty at times. The only time the bar area was busy was Saturday night (to be expected) which created a really good atmosphere. I would thoroughly recommend staying here.

Hostel was nice and clean and looked very good. but it took me quite a while to find it... The description you get is very poor and should be improved. You hand out great city maps with all important locations on it, you should send them to your visitors before they arrive. I also think that the best way to go to you from the airport is by the metro.

Hello! Thanks for your suggestions and we have made it right.We believe it will help more travllers to find our hostle and enjoy their journey in Xi'an.Welcome to our hostle at next time. Best Regards! Xi'an Xiangzimen Youth Hostle October 9, 2015

Very good all around. Great location, great facilities (bar, restaurant, pool table, etc), great workers (wish they spoke a little more english, but we were able to figure everything out with them still). If I ever go back to Xi'an, I'm definitely going here.

This Hostel was in a perfect location walking distance to all the main attractions with a Subway station near. One problem I did have was that they were not able to contact a Taxi for me? There are Chinese apps that can search for a cab. I recommend them downloading that app or figure out a way to be more helpful. Overall, the place was a good stay for the price.

What I liked about this hostel is the common area. But the showers are not really clean and the room did not have a window. Also it seems that the building itself does not really have windows, so sometimes it was kinda smelly. Furthermore, the nearest subway station is almost a 15 min. walk. Also, the hostel is in a quite expensive area, so just go outside to have food for local prices.

Fantastic hostel with friendly, helpfull people at the counter. Even received an upgrade for travellingwith my kids. Only smalll inconvenient was that next to our room they started woking early in the morning at the building. The breakfast is very well also.

As first time travellers we were amazed at how nice this hostel was,we would certainly stay here again should we return. The staff were more than helpful and the bar area is so peaceful and relaxing

The Xiangzimen Hostel was a wonderful place to stay - a good start for my trip to China. A traditional style house located within the city wall, close to the Metro-station and a lot of small restaurants. It was clean, the staff was friendly and I can recommend this place!

Very nice hostel in a great location near the south gate of the city. Had one small issue when I got there but the staff were excellent and resolved it quickly. Nice bar and common area as well. Would recommend

I think this is an excellent place to stay IF you are with company AND you want a quiet place to stay. The bar area is excellent but the soundtrack playing throughout the day creates a pretty sedate atmosphere, plus the beer is pricey. Nice spot though if sedate is what you want.

This was the best value for money of all the places we've stayed. The level of English was good and we could easily communicate. For sure the most relaxing atmosphere for our busy schedule in this town.

I had read other views but was still taken aback by the architecture/design of the building. Really beautiful, very well-thought out. Stayed in a dorm room which had very large lockers- almost fitted my entire bag pack in. Only annoyance was that we by chance had people checking out early both mornings around 6am, no ones fault of course- but then the hostel let the next guests check in and come to the room before 7am! Also the cleaner cleans as early as she wants too- expect to be woken early!

This hostel was in the perfect location for our needs; smack in the middle of The Drum Tower, The Bell Tower, The Mosque, The Muslim Quarter and the South Gate of the city wall. The decor was fantastic, the beds were comfortable with rooms of adequate size. The staff were friendly and accommodating, the services and amenities available (free wifi, free coffee/beer, shower facilities etc) were a great advantage too.

Most of the staff are lovely, not amazing at speaking English but what can you expect, you're in China! The one lady who can speak good English didn't really spend that much time trying to help us which resulted in us getting lost for a while one day. Rooms are nice and pool table is cool. Drinks are expensive and it's mainly Chinese tourists here.

• 26th Jul 2015

Very cool building, but not enough toilet/shower facilities so I found they were often dirty or clogged. Staff are friendly and speak English well. Rental bikes were in great shape.

• 19th Jul 2015

Hostel was alright - cool building and right near the south wall, but mostly Chinese staying there which really limited the social atmosphere as I don't speak Chinese. Would be a better place if you're traveling in a group than solo.

Excellent location as it is only a 2 minute walk to the city wall and 5 minutes from the centre of the city. Laundry and bathroom facilities were very good. There was a nice kitchen and bar area at the front where you could hang out and get a few drinks. A few of the staff members seemed bit disinterested, but the remainder were very friendly and willing to help if you needed it.

The hostel is in a old nicely decorated building. Our twin room was spacious and very clean.

Such a lovely hostel! Well located, cool bar, and nice small dorm rooms. Really enjoyed my stay here - and the free welcome beer! Helpful staff also meant we got to the Terracotta Army by 9am which was fab! Thank you!