YHA Bath Reviews

Bathwick Hill, Somerset, BA2 6JZ, Bath, England

The hostel is beautiful and has plenty of facilities. However, it was quitefar from the center of Bath, so you have to take a bus. All in all, it is a pleasent place to stay.

Our room was freezing! I'm assuming the radiators come on at night, but sadly ours didn't seem to - I felt like I was in a tent it was so cold!!

• 23rd Nov 2013

The WI-FI is only for members of the YHA of have the hostel ID or something. The Entrance of the hostel is very creepy and dark, with no lights and little signs to guide you. The room had a very good size, we were able to spread our stuff with no problem (we were 4 in a private room). The shower area was kind of bad because it had no division in the shower area, so all the floor got wet, but the shower itself was good. The refrigerator was very small but the dinning are was very nice.

The hostel is a bit out the way. I booked because I had a car but other wise it is too far from the town centre. There was a problem with my booking and I was put in the ´Lodge´ out the back. It smells really badly of dampness. When I complained and asked to be moved the staff were not that interested in my complaint and didnt do much to help. If you do have to stay here make sure you are in the main building as I heard it was nicer or at least it smelt better!!!

Good for what it is....a bed for the night. Didnt have on site parking which wasnt ideal but apart fron that it was clean and good enough for the price

• 2nd Oct 2013

this place is legenderry. when i was there, there was a small group of old peoples with good manner. That means this place is unique and superv cosy of course. Also all facility is spacy, full equipted also with superv Wifi for younger fellows even in the room!

Good youth hostel. Waiting time at the reception was sometimes very long. Good breakfast but very early. Easy to go by bus to city center.

Very nice hostel! There's only one problem: in the rooms close to the forest there is a little bit of moisture.

Old house with lot of charm. Garden is beautiful. Self catering kitchen is in bad condition- lights above oven not working, floor is very sticky, kitchenware so dirty that you will wash up before using it. Room was nice, ensuit bathroom unexectable. Looked like a plastic container! Location is very nice, you walk aroun 15 min downhill to the city - there is a busstop directly infront of the hostel for the way home.

• 8th Aug 2013

The toilets were not clean at all but the beds were very good and the building was lovely. We found it very hard to find. There should be a clearer sign outside.

• 5th Aug 2013

Room 24 has a disgusting smell and the room in general isn't nice since (no windows).

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Saint Helena
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff not very friendly compared to other YHA I have stayed in. No discount given for my YHA membership because I booked through Hostel World. As a Life Member I was not impressed by that or being told I should have booked through YHA site. In my experience the customer is always right and it is poor PR to deny the discount, which incidentally was not done the next night in Bristol.

It takes a long time to walk back up the hill to the hostel from the town of bath. Car parking is on the side of the road.

Nice quiet place to stay, twenty minute walk from the centre. The bottom bunkbeds in the 4 bed dorm had no matress which was a bit odd so we had to lie on the mattress very close to the floor. Our breakfast cereal disappeared so they gave us a free bowl which was nice. Breakfast is £7 extra not included in accomodation but quite tasty. Nice place to stay if you dont mind a bit of a walk outside town or taxi costs £6.

It was a lovely hostel!! Don't walk up the hill in the sun it's horrid :/ easy bus excess though!! Good room although there was a very load German school group which was annoying!! Loved it though

• 6th Jun 2013

I skipped breakfast because your kitchen hand was coughing without covering his mouth. Yuck.

1. poor draibage at bathroom 2. It would be great for me if there is a hairdrier

It's a nice hostel, but it's a bummer that they advertise that they have a pool, and they don't actually have one. I've selected this hostel over other specially because of that and was very disappointed.

The hotel is up on the hill, however you can easily get there by taking the bus (the bus stop is right outside). The staff are friendly and helpful. The hostel building looks nice on the photos, but I stay in another block which looks like a container at the back. However, it turns out really clean and facilities are all good. Overall I like this hostel and definitely choose it if I come back to Bath.

• 26th May 2013
  • Vietnam

On the website this YHA looked nice and we found it a good deal. When we arrived, the old building looked quite impressive. However, it's on a hill and the city center is far. Most of the rooms are in the backyard in an ugly building not shown on any of the pictures - very disappointing. Rooms were very small, it was cold and there was hot water, but pressure was really poor. Towels & breakfast are not included which increases the cost. Ok for students and school trips.Better go for a nice B&B.