YHA Ngong Ping SG Davis Youth Hostel Reviews

Ngong Ping, Lantau Island, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I loved this place because of its location and its simplicity. The hostel's spot up on the hill is very quiet and peaceful, far from the commercial vibe of the Big Buddha tourist village. My one complaint would be YOU NEED TO BE A YHA MEMBER to get the low dorm rate. I didn't know this and had to sign up and pay ~150 HKD for a one-year membership. All in all, this is a great place to sleep and have a base for hiking and quiet meditation. Simple, clean, and be sure to bring your own food!!!

Everything felt just a bit dirty. Also had trouble with figuring out the lock on the gate so spent like 5 minutes trying to leave the place and then place the lock back on. So very secure, but also made it hard to leave/enter haha Would be a good choice for if you were going to do the hike, but unfortunately I was there in a thunderstorm as well, without much else to do :(

I can imagine this hostel being an even better place to stay during the busier months, but for my one night in Ngong Ping it was just what I needed. The receptionist was very nice, staying up late to make sure I got checked in and set up all okay. The whole hostel is secured by a fence and gate and also by the fact it is literally in the middle of nowhere :) Great and easy access to the Big Buddha, monastery and Lantau Peak trek. Hostel itself is pretty basic, but all you need for a quick stay

Definitely a place to stay just to hike Lantau Peak for sunrise. There isn't anything around it or close. The guy was really friendly and helpful though making sure we were taken care of.