YHA Ngong Ping SG Davis Youth Hostel Reviews

Ngong Ping, Lantau Island, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Definitely not recommended for City boy or even small town girl. Location wasn't that convenient for a first-time-ever HK tourist. The double stories house is old and the rooms stink. Lack of experienced staffs and less hospitality staffs they have. Well, I'll think again to pay my next visit.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

I had a little trouble getting to the place. I arrived in HK after the last bus up the mountain so, I took the Blue taxi. The driver dropped me off far from the pathway to the hostel. I got lost for a few hours but eventually got there. The location is great . I like to hike and this was the perfedt place to go for that.... It was easy to get around the New Territories beachers and other communities from there. BUT I wish the hours for the bus travel were extended to 8 or 9 pm.

If you intend to explore Lantau Isalnd, this will be a good location. But if you want night life, shopping, enjoy the local food, will not recommend to stay here.