8.0
Fabulous 48 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 48 Total Reviews
YHA Ngong Ping SG Davis Youth Hostel Located at Ngong Ping, Lantau Island, Hong Kong.
Hong Kong
Hong Kong Ngong Ping, Lantau Island
80% 48
22.2548235 113.9104020
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
9th Dec 2016

Lovely staff and welcoming on arrival, during the stay and farewelling me. Even carried my bag down toward monastery. I would ask you to change the information I from the current, to ' Catch a 22 km bus ride from Tang Chung, Once at Ngong Ping, there is a 13 minute walk, through archway of monastery and via right passing in front of Tian Tan Buddha entrance. Path from there is adequately sign posted and well lite for night arrivals.' I hope this helps others. Cheers John.

7th Dec 2016
5.7

The facilities were very basic. 1 plug socket to a 4 bed dorm. Location close to the Buddha but to the airport was only by taxi at 200 HKD. The price for 1 night in the Dorm was 130 HKD. I paid a deposit which left me to pay 114 HKD. But when arrived at the hostel they didn't acknowledge the deposit paid and the price was for hostel world members only, which I'm not. So I had to pay 150 HKD at that point. I don't know who was scamming me the hostel or Hostel World 😣

• Spain, Male, 18-24
26th Oct 2016

Fantastic place. The location is excellent for hiking and seeing Lantau Island: the Buddha, Tai O, beaches, etc. The staff is fenomenal, very friendly and willing to help. The atmosphere from other travelers and the staff is good.

• davygreenberg
  • USA, Male, 25-30
29th Sep 2016

This is strictly and off the other hiking hostel, if that's what you're looking for this is perfect. Make sure to pack some food and bring a water bottle if you're arriving after 6 because there's no stores open anywhere. I woke up and 4 and climbed Lantau Peak, couldn't have asked for a better starting point.