YHA Ngong Ping SG Davis Youth Hostel

Fabulous 51 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 51 Total Reviews

31st Jan 2017

As always the YHA brand continues to provide quality and excellence for an affordable price. To begin with the staff here are friendly, helpful and all round fabulous. The facilities and activities information are great, and the location is fantastic (+really easy access to the airport). *Be sure to step out at night and enjoy the stars. The only thing that I suggest is adding a plug extension into the male dorm to accommodate all the guests. Thanks for a great stay

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
9th Dec 2016

Lovely staff and welcoming on arrival, during the stay and farewelling me. Even carried my bag down toward monastery. I would ask you to change the information I from the current, to ' Catch a 22 km bus ride from Tang Chung, Once at Ngong Ping, there is a 13 minute walk, through archway of monastery and via right passing in front of Tian Tan Buddha entrance. Path from there is adequately sign posted and well lite for night arrivals.' I hope this helps others. Cheers John.

7th Dec 2016
5.7

The facilities were very basic. 1 plug socket to a 4 bed dorm. Location close to the Buddha but to the airport was only by taxi at 200 HKD. The price for 1 night in the Dorm was 130 HKD. I paid a deposit which left me to pay 114 HKD. But when arrived at the hostel they didn't acknowledge the deposit paid and the price was for hostel world members only, which I'm not. So I had to pay 150 HKD at that point. I don't know who was scamming me the hostel or Hostel World 😣