YHA Ngong Ping SG Davis Youth Hostel Reviews

Ngong Ping, Lantau Island, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Everything felt just a bit dirty. Also had trouble with figuring out the lock on the gate so spent like 5 minutes trying to leave the place and then place the lock back on. So very secure, but also made it hard to leave/enter haha Would be a good choice for if you were going to do the hike, but unfortunately I was there in a thunderstorm as well, without much else to do :(

I can imagine this hostel being an even better place to stay during the busier months, but for my one night in Ngong Ping it was just what I needed. The receptionist was very nice, staying up late to make sure I got checked in and set up all okay. The whole hostel is secured by a fence and gate and also by the fact it is literally in the middle of nowhere :) Great and easy access to the Big Buddha, monastery and Lantau Peak trek. Hostel itself is pretty basic, but all you need for a quick stay

Definitely a place to stay just to hike Lantau Peak for sunrise. There isn't anything around it or close. The guy was really friendly and helpful though making sure we were taken care of.

The hostel is far away from the hustle and bustle of the HK centre. This is great and bad. Great because it is a perfect location to sit back and relax and feel like you're in nature. Bad because of the cost of busses/taxis that it takes to get back to the hostel. But the location was definitely the reason that I chose to stay here. With the hostel practically on the Lantau trail; I could go hiking whenever I felt like it. The Buddha and Monastery are great attractions as well.