Yamatoya Honten, Namba Dotombori Reviews

2-17-4, Shimanouchi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Hands down my favorite place I've stayed in Japan. Amazing room, insanely nice staff that are very kind and the location is freaking amazing. Minute walk from the action in Dotomburi. I will always stay here from now on

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Generally it was a great stay. Love the location and friendly staffs. It would be great if the staffs have more knowledge of places of interest or can provide recommendations to restaurants. I was given the wrong direction to Hard Rock Cafe and was told to alight at the wrong train station. They couldn't really think of any teppanyaki restaurant as well. And so I ended up on Google

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Amazing location. Very convenient to all the mains spots in Osaka. The staff we really helpful and we loved the green tea and the treats. Pinaman and Jenny

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Very nice room, big and with a view over the river. Loved the bath facilities. Interior was old fashioned. Street noise surprisingly quiet, big plus too.

We were a family of four, staying to nights. Room relatively small but sufficient, functional and clean. Excellent location! Friendly staff and onsen in basement add to the god value. Japanese get up early so roots facing main street may be noisy with open window.

Thank you for staying with us.

Best spot in Osaka. Right on the dountonburi river, a few minutes away from the hub of shops, restaurants etc.

• 16th Oct 2014

Thank you for staying with us.

The first room I had didn't smell verynice, but the staff changed my room which was fine. Nice Japanese style room. Good location for food and shops.

Dear JULIE Thank you forstaying with us. We look forward to seeing you next time :D

Stayed there for one night. Overall it was pretty good. Location is very good since it's right by Dotonbori Street where all the food and nightlife happens. I had a 1 person room with a bathroom and everything was pretty clean. It is not a super fancy hotel, but for the price and location, it is a very good deal. Staff was very nice and spoke good english. Would stay there again for sure.

Dear ALEXIS Thank you forstaying with us. We look forward to seeing you next time :D

Located in the midst of Osakas nightlife district, this hotel has everything you'll need. The rooms are traditional japanese style, a nice contrast to the neonlight-packed Dotonbori-street right outside. Shame we only stayed for one short night.

The owner came by on our first day there & greeted us personally! He was fabulous! The room was traditional Japanese style with sleeping pads on the floor which were put away each day so we could have tea (provided free daily) & use the room. I would recommend getting a room with a private shower/bath as even though we had a sink & toilet, the public bath (in the basement) is only open during certain hours and never seemed to line up with our schedule! Really more like a hotel than a hostel!

It was an excellent location as it was near dotonbori. There was also a free public bath service.overall a very good stay

Thank you for staying with us!!

Central, clean, well airconditioned room... Staff were friendly and helpful, they gave us the wrong room at first but were apologetic and got it sorted quickly.

Thank you for staying with us!!

Located in an excellent location (right next to Dotombori), Yamatoya Honten makes it very easy to have a late night out without the need to take expensive cabs. Its facilities are excellent, with a great public bath, very clean rooms, and comfortable beds. The rooms are made to look like traditional ryokan, which is a nice touch. Can't recommend it enough, though backpackers may want to look for somewhere cheaper.

Thank you for staying with us!!

Excellent hostel. Great location on the Dotonbori river. Our stay made into a fabulous memory when we met employee Mr Kazaki, he befriended us and we will never forget his hospitality.

The location is really great. It just takes a few minutes to dotombori. Moreover, the staffs are really nice.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Your hostel was in a very good location with restaurants, cafes, and shopping. It was clean and the staff were very professional. Yes, I would stay here again and I would refer my friends too. Thank you for all your help and for the excellent service.