Youth Hostel Salamanca Reviews

Escoto 13-15, Salamanca, Spain

Very nice and helpful staff!! I find the price of 16€ Per night in a youth hostel extremely expensive, but it seems to be a normal price in Salamanca.

Toilet not very clean. Very noisy Staff very nice

I recommend to stay on a non-weekend night, if possible. The proprieter told me that it really empties out then and he offered my friend and I a free upgrade to a private two-person room in the apartment building across the street. It was very clean, but cramped. The one next door was larger though.

Well, security in the hostel definitely is a problem. The entrance in the building in not locked (well, there is a receptionist but he never even raises his head to look who is going in) and the door into the rooms is neither. Moreover, there are no lockers at all. We stayed in a dorm for 20 people and there were only two wall sockets so there is no possibility to charge your phone, tablet, camera... The bathrooms were filthy and the ceiling was covered by mould.

The receptionist is always helpful. Always watch who enters and leaves the hostel. Up the door always closed at night and only open to those who call the bell and are housed or have book with us. Moreover , you know that no lockers in the hostel (which specifies the web ) . We have put many outlets in the rooms ( sorry not having plugs when you came ) . We always try to have clean bathrooms but sometimes impossible when more than 70 people continually showering.