Youth Hostel Salamanca Reviews

Escoto 13-15, Salamanca, Spain

Toilet not very clean. Very noisy Staff very nice

I recommend to stay on a non-weekend night, if possible. The proprieter told me that it really empties out then and he offered my friend and I a free upgrade to a private two-person room in the apartment building across the street. It was very clean, but cramped. The one next door was larger though.

Well, security in the hostel definitely is a problem. The entrance in the building in not locked (well, there is a receptionist but he never even raises his head to look who is going in) and the door into the rooms is neither. Moreover, there are no lockers at all. We stayed in a dorm for 20 people and there were only two wall sockets so there is no possibility to charge your phone, tablet, camera... The bathrooms were filthy and the ceiling was covered by mould.

The receptionist is always helpful. Always watch who enters and leaves the hostel. Up the door always closed at night and only open to those who call the bell and are housed or have book with us. Moreover , you know that no lockers in the hostel (which specifies the web ) . We have put many outlets in the rooms ( sorry not having plugs when you came ) . We always try to have clean bathrooms but sometimes impossible when more than 70 people continually showering.

There are no lockers for your belongings and the doors don't lock which was a bit annoying.

We have no lockers...as you can see in the descryption of your reservation. It's impossible to give keys to everybody who shared the 20 bed dorm...Many people come in, come out, all day... I'm sorry your bad experience. We try to improve.

There was no wifi in my roomy, there was frequently no toilet paper and the showers were flooded.

We have wifi in common areas. like the reception. Many people came to teh hostel in Easter. It's normal toilet paper runs out but we try to replace it as soon as possible,