Chelsea International Hostel

• mhillhouse397
  • Australia, Male, 31-40
15th Oct 2018
8.0

I felt my stay was good value, especially in relation to other prices I was looking at when I was planning my trip. The walls were quite thin and my room was fairly basic, however for what I paid I was happy with what I received and quite liked the location. Would definitely consider staying again

• chongnanyang4368
  • USA, Male, 25-30
2.0

They only accept cash! !!And do not allow me see the room first. The staff there has very bad attitudes. I won’t be there anymore. Please don’t be there!

14th Oct 2018

Very nice close everything 8 minutes to most busy area 34 street you are going to save a lot money incluye breakfast staff luciano including lady nigth time have 2 beautiful pet keep away from rats 2 beautiful cats 20 pound c/u beautiful I recommend 100% chelsea very beautiful are across from new York police deparment100% safe

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
5.1

Nice to have a room rather than bunk beds but quite old facilities and expensive baggage storage, and basic breakfast. I guess you pay for location.

6.0

Pros: The location is great and the set up is good if you're going with friends. Cons: The staff are rude and don't seem to care about anything, if you're looking for a lively hostel or to meet people I would suggest staying somewhere else.

• victoriawells1508690
  • USA, Female, 31-40
11th Oct 2018

Had a wonderful experience, start to finish at the Chelsea International Hostel. The staff was helpful and friendly, my 4 person room was clean and had plenty of space for a hostel stay. I would definitely stay again!

• ajgi57854
  • England, Mixed Group, 18-24
11th Oct 2018

Enjoyed our stay , great location , great staff, for what we paid cannot fault it . We had breakfast there once, but there are a few places near that you can also try , local shops open 24 hours across the road also Take a small padlock if you can , you will need it for the locker in the room.

• sassishell4177
  • England, All Female Group, 31-40
9th Oct 2018
4.9

My friend and I stayed in room 9R a 4 bed all girls dorm with ensuite firstly the door into the room was very tight and needed to be shoulder barged to open and slammed to close the door into the bathroom did NOT close and would just about push too not a great experience for my friend who felt very uncomfortable and thirdly I now look like I have the plague as I have a total of 27 bites on my legs from bed bugs yes bed bugs the location of your hostel is fab but you need a good clean & updating

• lindqvistsven9501
  • Sweden, Male, 31-40
9th Oct 2018

The location is everything in New York... The bathroom was pretty old-school and the hot water fluctuated while showering. You obviously stay here if you plan to see the city, not to hang out in your room. I had two good nights' sleep as the beds were nice and clean and it was quiet at night. The breakfast was a nice service.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
6th Oct 2018
8.0

There's no soap in any of the washrooms which I found incredibly bizarre and really gross. I haven't stayed in too many hostels so maybe that's the norm (?) but I've never experienced that before. With that said, bring your own soap and don't forget to bring flip flops for the shower because the shower floors aren't the cleanest. Apart from my issue with the cleanliness, location is great, staff I encountered were all nice and I felt safe. Easy access to subway. Walking distance to cool places.

×