Via Amsterdam

Fabulous 118 Total Reviews

• ksharma1986871
  • India, Male, 25-30
12th Jan 2018

nice and safe place, good vibes.

Hello Kshitiz! Thank you for your review, we always try to make our guests stay the best it can be so we are very happy that you enjoyed staying with us. Hope to see you again. Kind regards Catarina Front office

• nath43211234
  • Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
5th Jan 2018

Overall our stay was quite good, however the only let down was one staff member who proved to be quite rude to us throughout our stay. But apart from that, the other staff are great and it isnt too far from the train station. We were the youngest group there (19 years), so socialising with older people was a challenge as no one wanted to go out of their way to talk to the "kids". But would stay there again.

Hi there, Sorry you experienced that. We have a lot of young people staying over here, next time join the activities that we offer it is a great way to interact with other people. We hope to see you again at Via Greeting Pelin

• Argentina, Male, 31-40
4th Jan 2018

The hostel is really clean and brand new. The staff are awesome! The only bad thing is around 6 km of the downtown, but very close to the metro or buses. The price is a deal for Amsterdam!

Hi there, Thank you for the nice review. Hope to see you again at Via. Greetings Pelin

2nd Jan 2018
5.1

I had my backpack stolen from my breakfast table, while I was eating breakfast! My friends nor I saw it occur. Staff apologized but watched security footage and saw it occur. Ruined my trip 100%. More security would be nice. I’ve always hated hostels that make you show your room key at the front door but I no longer hate that. I’d still have my MacBook Pro, passport, $600 cash, Ray bans, birth control pills, adderall, a power bank, a phone charger and converter, etc. If the security was better.

Hi there, Sorry that happened we do our best to have good security the hostel has camera's all around. I hope that the rest of your trip will be still good. Kind regards Pelin

• fabiolabautista4242
  • Mexico, Female, 31-40
2nd Jan 2018

There are people that clean every day the rooms and I saw people cleaning the common areas a lot of times but despite that, some places need a deep cleaning like the showers or the stairs. Is about de soft details and easy to do with some products...

Hi there, We do put a lot of effort to keep our nice hostel clean and everything gets a deep cleaning once a month. Next time you visit us everything will be done :) Kind regards Pelin

• USA, Female, 25-30
31st Dec 2017

Absolutely loved my stay!! Via is modern, cleanly and I felt very safe!! As a solo woman traveler, it was also nice to have such friendly staff, to make you feel welcome!!

• sohaibpatel
  • Pakistan, Mixed Group, 25-30
30th Dec 2017

It's a large, very nice, and quite well maintained hostel. A bit far from the city centre, so do factor in the metro/bus rides and walks into your decision. Each room had an ensuite bathroom and shower (per 6 guests). The common areas are quite nice to wait/hang around. The in-house bar holds themed nights. Free luggage storage after you check out. All considered, I was pleasantly surprised here! Recommended.

• Mexico, All Female Group, 25-30
27th Dec 2017

I loved this hostel, it was one of the best we saw on our trip. Clean, safe, close to public transport. Loved their theatre room and the restaurant food.

Hi there, Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again at Via soon. Greetings Pelin

27th Dec 2017

Excellent hostel with great, competent, professional staff who will gladly help you and answer your questions. The manager, Emily (I think), solved an issue with a roomate of ours promptly. Everything is amazing in this hostel. I recoomend you order one of the house burgers at least once, The breakfast is also great value. They also have games, a cinema room, a kitchen for guests and more. It's somewhat distant from the center, but very doable with a GVB transport card.

Hi there, Thank you for your nice review we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us :)) Hope to see you again at Via. Greetings Pelin

• cuchern1067
  • USA, Male, 25-30
2nd Dec 2017

The facilities were really nice. The hostel is big so it is a bit difficult to meet new people. The couple that was sharing the dorm was loud, but that’s not the fault of the hostel.

Hi Curry, thank you for your review. We are happy that you liked our hostel. A tip for next time, the bar area is the best place to meet other guests ;) Hope to see you again soon. Catarina Front Office

×