It looks like your preferred language is English.Click here to change language
Hostelworld.com is the world’s number one hostel booking website. The flagship brand of parent company Web Reservations International (WRI), the site was launched in 1999 when a hostel owner and IT entrepreneur identified a niche in the market to introduce online bookings into hostels. Prior to 1999, no technology solution existed which enabled customers to make, and hostels to take, secure confirmed payments via the internet. The company went from strength to strength and has gone on to become the leading provider of online reservations for the budget, independent and youth travel market.
Initially focusing its business on independent and official youth hostels, the site now features campsites, self catering accommodation, B&B’s, and budget hotels and currently lists over 27,000 properties in more than 180 countries.Furthermore Hostelworld.com operates an affiliate program and has successful relationships with over 3,500 distribution partners, including many of the world’s leading brands such as Lonely Planet, Ryanair.com and Travelsupermarket.com amongst many others.
Hostelworld.com has been first to market with a number of innovations:
• In 2005, Hostelworld launched the first annual hostel conference giving hostel owners from around the world an opportunity to learn more about the latest developments and trends in the hostel industry. This conference continues to take place each year and attendance keeps growing.
• Hostelworld.com was also the first hostel-booking website to develop a travel social network which launched in November 2006. It also has the largest number of customer ratings and reviews and seamlessly integrates videos, podcasts, and travel guides into the site.
• 2009 also marked a first for Hostelworld.com when Travel Services was launched, an online travel store where customers can avail of great offers and exclusive discounts across the globe when buying travel insurance, guidebooks, mobile SIM cards and more.
• In 2010, Hostelworld.com launched a completely redesigned website following extensive customer research across a wide range of markets. It included a wider layout, a whole new look and feel, and enhanced functionality for searching and filtering to help customers to find the perfect hostel for their needs.
• In 2011, we redesigned our mobile site and launched our first iPhone/Android mobile apps to ensure our guests can interact with us anytime, anywhere and we are continuously adding new features and functionality.
• 2012 brought a host of new improvements to our site and apps, including the introduction of our Hostelworld Recommends Programme, a special designation our best properties earn which is prominently displayed on the website to help our guests find the highest quality hostel experiences available. Hostelworld.com was also named the “Most Trusted Hostel-Booking Website” by over 5,600 travellers in a joint travel survey with our partner, Lonely Planet.
Our Mission: To become the fastest-growing online provider of great value accommodation, using innovative technology to inspire independently minded travellers everywhere.
Thank you for signing up to our newsletter!