@ The Little Red Dot Reviews

125 Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

This hostel is capsul type not dorm type as per advertise. I booked for one day only.

We booked a dorm room but were upgraded to a sleeping pod. The pod was downstairs in a dark room. It was okay, but there was a smell of stinky shoes/feet, especially when you entered the room. Staff didn't seem particularly interested, but we're friendly enough when asked for something. Not to bad, but nothing great either. Good thing = close to lavender food court which is amazing!

Very good location and far price for Singapore!

It was surprising and interesting to stay in a capsule, the open air terrace and the backpacking vibe is great. But since there are no doors and about 8 lockers for dozens of beds security seems a bit of an issue (though I must say that nothing happened to me). There are also many places closer to MRT for cheaper or same price in SG

I enjoy my stay at Little Red Dot Hostel. The staffs are very helpful. For the facilities, i think i get what i've paid. don't ask too much. but overall ok.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

Staff were great and helpful. The sleeping pods were very warm and stuffy (no moving air inside them at all).

Front door to go in the hostel not obvious, i wan thought it's had been shutdown @@

Decent hostel within walking distance to MRT & Little India. Pretty average for the money you pay but that's Singapore. Staff were extremely helpful & kind. My only issue was their policy on children. Our 8 bed dorm consisted of us plus a family of 5 and their 2 toddlers who treated it like their own private room. Luckily the staff were kind enough to move us to another room after I complained about the lack of sleep I'd gotten from all the crying and carrying on from the kids the night before.

Dirty. Never clean the room and changed the bedsheet daily. Never swept the floor nor wipe the table (smoking area) although Joseph knows that the table was dirty.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

Nice place.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Philippines

The Hostel had seen better days and some things are worn out. In general, bed sheets should be washed above 60 degree hot, to kill all germs and mites. Most Asian washing machines operate only with cold water. I am allergic to the tiny insects.

The Little Red Dot is not a hostel for me, it feels like a second home for me. Every time i visited Singapore i always try to stay at this hostel. The staff was so helpful and friendly. I can meet a lot of new friend in here. Staying here is like a open a gift box for me, you will never know what kind of experience waiting for. But in a good way. I love Little Red Dot Hostel.

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Indonesia

Very good place to stay. 1. It's located around 7 minutes walking from Lavender Station, which is very close to popular places in Singapore. Tho it takes 7 minutes to walk from station to the hostel, the path is very easy (No crossing/turning is needed). 2. Nice stuff. I need to give extra appreciation to Desmond. He is very helpful, talkative and could always give me some good suggestions for visiting. 3. The facilities are not fancy, yet more than enough. Capsule bed is awesome.

Nice atmosphere, lots of travellers but dorm rooms are quiet so you can sleep as long as you like. ;) Located not far from Lavender Station which is pretty close to everything important.

We were upgraded to the capsules which were lovely - felt quite private. Plenty of showers and toilets. Wifi was good. Blankets far too small and thin.

Nice place also for my kids, friendly staff and excelent hospitality

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It's quite good, close to the station and food court although you have to pay $20 for the key to your room and blankets that you get are rather thin and poor quality. Overall good, nice common area.

Apart from the convenient location. Train connection between the airport and city center is perfect. Clean and quiet. Value for money. I would recommend this hostel to everyone.

Staff were very rude, laugh at their laptop when you need advice, dont advice the good thing, expl transport. The 8 capsule dorm is too small, no space to put our stuff, also this is a 8 bed dorm, every dorms are in the same room. Common room too hot.

• 12th Dec 2013

It was nice enough, but the staff weren't particularly friendly. Competency was an issue, but some were pretty enthusiastic. If I'd had the time I probably would have enjoyed the atmosphere a lot more. Would visit again.