@ The Little Red Dot Reviews

125 Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

There was still old food under the beds and the blankets were filthy. After staying here for 3 nights, we were told to move to 'the other location' for our last night. We had to pack our bags again because of overbooking?? This explained why the hostel we were staying this whole time did not look slightly like the one we saw. Apparently, there is a newer location, and that is the one you see on hostelworld. Suddenly, the staff did not speak English anymore. Very bad experience.

I stayed in many hostels before and I have to say that The Little Red Dot was one of the worst ones. Fellow slovakian travellers were robbed (money dissapeared from the wallet while the girl went to the bathroom). It was freezing cold in the sleeping room. The toilets and showers were dirty. There was a broken shower with dripping water all day long. The stuff at the reception was relatively friendly, but the check-in took too long. Pay some more money and go somewhere else.

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Slovakia

Acceptable for the price.

When we first arrived we were told we were getting an upgrade the to capsule room, which we thought was great. However the room was under maintenance and had no working lights and was being painted. There also seemed to be people living in that room. It was freezing cold too. Really awful. However I spoke to reception the next day who were really nice and they moved us upstairs to the dorms which were much better and easier to meet people. Staff was the best part of this hostel. Super helpful

Decent hostel overall. Rather limited amount of showers and toilets but good otherwise.

Stayed here overnight on a layover to Bali. Okay for one night..I do like the cubby style beds for privacy! Wasn't super clean, but wasn't dirty either. Close to the train station and the train is super easy to use; it was great for us to kill time sight seeing the next day until our second flight! Probably wouldn't stay more than a night or two max.

A nice place to stay! Shout out to Trixie! will definitely come back here. If you are a budget traveler and looking for a cheap hostel, dont hesitate to book here! especially for Filipinos out there :) di na kayo mahihirapan makipagcommunicate. haha filipina po so trix :) Thanks for accommodating us little red dot :)

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Philippines

AC prob at Little Red Dot when returned to check in. Management had arranged tfr to Chic in Chinatown transport provided & effectively upgraded. All staff both hostels helpful and good stay in Singapore. R/v is therefore on Chic Capsule hostel.

Very approachable staff, easy to find their location and a very cheap one. There is just some conflict with our schedule of check-in because on the website you have to choose what time will you be checking-in in the hostel (1:00 to 24:00) and that's military time and I chose 3:00 so basically that's 3:00am and not 3:00pm because 3:00pm should be 15:00 right. So they charge us for 1 night each for that and also the aircon is not cold apart from that our stay was good.

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Philippines

I stayed here for a week when my connecting flight got canceled. The hostel is okay. The atmosphere isn't very travel-esque. Seems a bit cold compared to other places. I luckily met someone to hang out with but otherwise it would've been very boring for a solo traveler. I would recommend staying in Chinatown near boat quay bc even though it's more expensive you would have to take a train there at night and a cab back (train closes at midnight), so it balances out in the end if you wanna party.

Lovely staff, very welcoming, polite and helpful. The beds are nice and clean. FAST Wifi!!! Great place to stay!!

Very friendly and accomodating staff! Nice place and atmosphere, and yes, I felt like I'm just at home. :) I will surely stay here again on my next trip to Singapore. (And because I promised one staff that I'll bring her mangoes from the Philippines when I get back. Haha)

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Philippines

The staff was very friendly.

• 13th Nov 2015

We stayed only one night but we really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very helpfull especially Trixie Who made us feel very welcome! We recommend this hostel to any traveller!

Fantastic and helpful staff and good atmosphere. The cubicles smell a little and are damp because they cannot be aired out. I hope the leaking toilet will be fixed during the renovation downstairs. Thank you.

No locker lock offered, lucky we bring ourself, location is far from lavender station, we walk long with our big luggage, and it turn out we need to climb up stairs to reception, no one help to carry luggage, no staff standby at reception, the atmosphere is too dark and it feels dirty, its an old hostel with leakage, facilities not good, some shower broken, not recommended, can find other better hostel

This is a great hostel close to the MRT and buses, with a grocery store and cheap food courts close by. Staff are friendly and very helpful with local knowledge. I am a return customer and strongly recommend it for others also.

Nearby to lavender station and food courts. Friendly staff. One of the cheaer places to stay in Singapore.

Could probably find somewhere better to stay. Wasn't sure if it was just timing but were minimal backpackers here, more older long term residents. So atmosphere was zero. Got 'upgraded' to a pod bed, which was fine. Air con was fine, as was wifi. Location was good, close to Lavender station which was easy to access everything. One particular girl who worked there was great, really friendly and on hand. Hostel sell discounted tickets. Bathrooms were not nice. No hot water and very dirty/smelly

The girl in reception (trixie) was very friendly and helpful, that's the only good think I can say....... And NEVER take the upgrade...... As its a big downgrade you get.....