5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1 Reviews

61/63 Pagoda Street, Singapore, Singapore

Its location is very very closed to the train. Employee and Staff are friendly. Especially, when I asked for an extra help, they were willing to help me. However, I though there was some sorts of flea on the bed because I got nodules on my whole body.

• 30th May 2015
  • Thailand

The room is not properly managed, the trash bin is seldom to be throw out. There is not much trash bin outside of the room. The female toilet is very dirt, toilet paper us flow out from the bin and never being cleaned. It cause unpleasent smell. The staff do not care of the cleaness and the hygine of the toilet. Other thing, the room corridor is dirty also. Overall, the room apperance is not same with tits web. The great thing is the place near to strategic location.

Booked the cheaper Project 1 Private Twin and it was dirty and cramped, the bed was uncomfortable and I barely fit in it (I'm 5'10") and my head bumped the ceiling. The bathrooms were constantly soaking wet, full of mold and mildew, not clean at all, and only 2 per floor. Staff was very nice and upgraded for free to the much nicer Project Ann Siang, which was a clean, absolutely amazing room. Great experience after the upgrade, not so great before.

In general I think it's a good hostel, but for somewhat claustrophobic people sleeping in rooms with no windows is challenging...

bed #13.1 was terrible, can you imagine to sleep 2 meter away from air con and 1 meter from the lamp? oh gosh, couldn't sleep at all. guest below my bed back and turn the light on in the middle of the night and do stuff for an hour. impossible to turn the air con off because it will be hot when 4 persons in a small room. anyway...it's okay to get small room, but you should consider to locate the aircon and the lamp. better avoid bed #13.1, fortunately i only spent 1 night there. Bugis one better

This hostel is one of best choice for bagpacker in singapore. ( cheap+clean+good location+nice staff )

• 20th May 2015

The smel in the room.

• 20th May 2015

Decent hostel. Decent staff. Good but nothing special. I don't think that I would have enjoyed if I stayed more than one night. Not the best for backpackers.

Amazing location, right in the heart of Chinatown! The staff are very friendly and helpful, breakfast is basic but good and everywhere is kept pretty clean. Pretty good value for money for Singapore really! Would recommend.

Really great hostel for a good price. The location is unbeatable: five steps away from the Chinatown metro and walkable distance to most of Singapore's attractions. My only complaint is that it didn't feel much like a travelers hostel. There were a a lot of families, children, and older people staying there.

Absolutely great hostel, one of my favourites!

the hostel was clean, staff were friendly, worth to stay in it

• 4th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Dear guest, thank you for your generous rating. Your compliment is our motivation and we will strive to maintain the standards for future guests. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

overall was excellent, we just need a place to hang our wet towel

Good hostel , I think that I will back again if I go to Singapore in the future.

• 1st May 2015
  • Thailand

Dear guest, thank you for you compliment. It was a pleasure having you as a guest. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Although on Pagoda St room was relatively quiet and I had a good sleep after a long flight

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write us a comment. We are delighted to read that you had a good sleep at 5footway.inn after a long flight. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Overall good location and relatively cheap price compared to other hostels in general. There was no proper storeroom to store the luggage to cater for pre check-ins and post check-outs. The luggages were mainly left lying around the reception area, with no "proper system" to ensure the security of the bags. Toilets could definitely be a lot cleaner. Staff were not being particularly friendly/welcoming . In short, the hostel could definitely use alot more professionalism and proper maintenance.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Dear guest, thank you for sharing your feedback. The contents have been carefully noted and we sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience you went through. Measures have been put in place to improve on those areas. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again. We look forward to welcoming you.

Everything was so good, would be perfect if there are more bathroom.

Dear guest, thank you for sharing your feedback. It was a pleasure for us to have you staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Good location and convenient to get local reasonable price food.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write us a comment. We are glad that you like our location and find it convenient to get local food in the vicinity. We look forward to hosting you again!

The staff at the counter did not inform me about my deposit when I checked out. I subsequently had to return and get my deposit a week later which was a hassle. Not sure if he was incompetent or was trying to pocket the money.

Hostel was really good with free wifi and breakfast however the staff where a bit clueless! But I'd still recommend to stay here as its in the prefect location

Dear guest, thank you for your comments and recommending us to other travellers. We would like to apologise for the negative experience you encountered during your stay. Please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measures to address the issue. We look forward to welcoming you again.