5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2 Reviews

227 South Bridge Road, Singapore, Singapore

I was moved from the 2nd floor (6 mixed bed) to the ground floor (6 mixed bed), and found the older room on the ground much better. the rooms were carpeted so the footsteps were diffused. the toilets and showers were more spacious, and it had its own common area with couches and tables. the main issue i had was the absence of a window which was also the case on the 2nd floor.

Because of location, space is limited, rooms are small. And pace is maximized. You can find more spacious rooms in hostels farther out of the city. It you wouldn't mind tight spaces, this place is adequate, and worth your money. Touristy area too if that suits your boat

Clean is important for hostel.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

I had a pleasant stay with my friends, the staffs were friendly and helpful, and the room was nice. Great location! Less than 5 mins of walking to the nearest MRT station. The only problem is the restaurant is too small so it'd be crowded during breakfast

Everything is nice except the air conditioner, it take an hour to make the room cool and while the air condition is woking, a lot of water came out from it, it make the floor under the air conditoner wet!!

• 25th May 2015
  • Thailand

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write us a comment. We are disappointed to read that the air conditioner in your room was not working well. We apologize for the inconvenience experienced. Please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measures to address the issue. We look forward to welcoming you again.

apart from two things, good: security: 1000 Singapore dollars were stolen from my locked draw in my room. I filled a police report, and asked to be refunded for the nights i stayed since i was robbed in their hostel, and management didn't care. 1 THOUASAND Singapore dollars!!!! Atmosphere: there are MANY super old guys 70/80+ years old and people living there for 3 months, this is not a hostel environment.

Good location Very bad share toilet Many facilities were not working such as; private plug, private lamp

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Location was right in the middle of Chinatown so that was good. Cleanliness was very poor. I got the impression that either the guests were very dirty (i.e. not cleaning up after themselves) or the cleaning was not regular enough (probably a bit of both). I actually made a point of this at the reception after which they gave it a big scrub, but its a structural problem. Carpets and cleaning materials (such as sponges for dishes) also very dirty, better to use hands to wash dishes.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write us a comment. We are glad that you like our location. We are disappointed to read that the cleanliness standard did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measures to address the issue. We look forward to welcoming you again.

We stayed here for one night. The room was horribly damp and had a funny smell. The only decent thing was the location. Right opposite China Town and a 2 minute walk to the MRT. I wouldn't stay here again.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write us a comment. We are glad that you like the location. We apologise for any inconvenience that you experienced due to the room condition. Please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measures to address the issue. We look forward to welcoming you again.

1) Wall in room need repaint. Black marks on walls 2) carpet on corridor has stain marks 3) washroom - folded doors is very hard to operate and close and very dirty , shower stall - very dirty, no place to and wooden frame needs replacement. 4) strong smell in room - basically ventilation is really bad. 5) reception/lounge area is is too crowded with too many couches.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Dear guest, thank you for sharing your feedback. It is disappointing to read that there were areas of your stay which we did not meet your expectations. We apologize for the discomfort that you had experienced during your stay. Please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measures to address the issue. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Good place, Not expensive, friendly staff

Dear guest, thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to hear that our staff members were friendly. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Very good location but average and very basic rooms. Walls very thin.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write us a comment. We look forward to welcoming you again.

I LIKE: their helpful staff willingly find a solution to your issue, clean toilet and bathroom, decent public space (equipped with electric socket). I DON'T LIKE: wall thin between rooms (probably not good for light sleeper), carpeted room (causes damp odor). Suggestion: please ask customers to lower their noises after 10pm.

Dear guest, thank you for our comments and suggestion. We are delighted to learn that you like our staff, toilet facilities and public space. Please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measures to address the issue. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Nicest hostel I have been to. Clean, secure vibe, high ceilings, nice common areas and outstanding facilities. They even had those oversized rain shower heads and a free tea and coffee machine. Electronic access cards were a nice touch as were the personal little shelves next to every bed. Not a party hostel but great location and everything has a touch of class here. I slept like a baby here.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Meet some really nice people there & very close to the city centre.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

Rooms and toilets were clean,although the four bed dorms were way too small for four people to comfortably fit. Breakfast was toast and jam/peanut butter,fruit and tea/coffee and was good value. My only problem was that people were still having showers and blowdrying their hair at 1am. Way too noisy at night. If you need to be up early in the morning,dont stay here.

The location's convenient for travel. The facilities is in good condition and very clean. The receptionists are also very nice! However, the shared bathrooms are so small!

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Vietnam

The location was the best as it was near from Chinatown MRT station. Staffs were nice and welcoming too :) However, the shower area was not clean and had only 1 hair dryer :( but I will still go to this hostel for my next visit !

bed a bit small for a 6feet or 180cm person

5Foot Way Inn Project Chinatown 2 is conveniently located. Just a few minutes walk to subway. The room and is average clean. Too few shower rooms. Breakfast is simple. Staff were great. I lost key to my locksmith that locked my luggage. It was around midnight but staff rushed in in 15 minutes to help. I'm impressed. Thank you.

• 21st Jan 2015