A-yado Gion

• 3F Sakura bldg., 244-2, Nakano-cho, 2 chome, Shinm, Kyoto, Japan

Fabulous 1925 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1925 Total Reviews

21st Aug 2017

For the price this is a pretty fantastic hostel. My biggest complain in the cleanliness. The air conditioner in the common room on the 5th floor is crazy f*cking moldy, but when I told the staff about it they didn't clean it. As far as I know it's still moldy. That's pretty disgusting...

Thank you for your comment. Sorry about the air conditioner, we will check it and clean it up soon. We hope you had a good trip in Kyoto! If you have a time to come back to Kyoto, please stay here again!

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
16th Aug 2017

Amazing stuff, well English speaking! Before I arrived to Kyoto, I got an email from the hostel about the location and duration to the hostel, it was really helpful. When I got to the hostel, they suggested the best way to travel to all those places where I wanted to go on my last day of staying. It was a really hot summer, and they even let me took a shower after i checked out from the hostel.

Thank you for your comment. We are really glad to hear about that. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

25th Jul 2017

Super nice staff. Close to metro station. 10 min walking from the touristic hotspot. Cheap and clean. Suggestion: please improve the wifi signal on the 3rd floor mix room pls. Thx!!

Thank you for your comment. We ar glad that you enjoyed our location. We think our location is one of the best location in KYoto. It is easy to go anywhere. About wifi, we will try to improve. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
10th Jul 2017

Comfy bed, great location, friendly staff! On of the best hostels I've stayed in Japan!

Thank you for your comment. We are glad to hear about that. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

8th Jul 2017

Overall it's a very good hostel. Situated right in the middle of the most touristic part or the city. Its a great location to just walk out and start doing tourism with out taking any bus or subway. The showers are inside of the bedroom and the toilets are in front of the reception, which it's kind of problematic. There are 2 showers but share the same door so if someone get inside and lock it you have to wait till the other guy is finished eventhough there is one empty. I would recommend it

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that we liked our location. About the facilities, we can't change them. Please understand that. We hope we will see you again!

1st Jul 2017

Good social area, decent price & nice staff. Only downside was the floor where the beds were didn't have wifi working

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy here. About Wi-fi, it will be sometimes bad connection. Butwhen you come to the reception, we will fix it. We hope we will see you again!

16th Jun 2017

The experience was great, lounge area made it easy to meet new people. Only problem was the AC wasn't as cold as I wanted it to be, but I came in the midsummer

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you met nice people in our lounge and enjoyed. We also had a good time with you! Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
15th May 2017

A-yado Gion is in such a great location. It is on a quiet street close to the beautiful Gion area, and is a few minutes away from some of the busier streets of Kyoto. The staff was super friendly and told me which places I should visit over my three-day stay. Their common room was a great place to meet new people, and even had beer and snacks to purchase (at a very affordable price), to save me from having to walk to the shops. Overall I had a very pleasant stay.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

14th May 2017

good location, they provide one slice of bread for breakfast, very very small lockers aren't good for much

Thank you for your comment. We hope you had a good time here. W have only small locker for valuable, but we can keep the laptop in our cabnet. We hope we will see you again!

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
12th May 2017
5.1

I stayed at this guesthouse one night. It wasn't what I expected for the money I paid. The bed shits were not clean and the bed are really small. The staff is good and helpful but busy. There is a nice living room but the things is that it's upstairs.

Thank you for your comment. You said " I will put a good review on the HostelWorld if you give me a discount" when you checked in. But we didn't give you any discount, so you put a bad review. It is not fair and rude to negotiate for getting for a discount in Japan. We hope you will not do like that at other hostel.

×