A-yado Gion Reviews

3F Sakura bldg., 244-2, Nakano-cho, 2 chome, Shinm, Kyoto, Japan

Nice and homely. Small and in a nice area, great to wonder around and find small local temples. Nice lounge area and super helpful staff.

Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time with you! We hope we will see you again!

Lovely, accommodating staff who were able to assist us during our one night stay; spoke excellent English and were very helpful with travelling to our next place. Clean and comfortable rooms with clean bathrooms.

• 28th Jan 2016

Thank you for your comment. We are really happy to hear about that. We also had a good time with you. We hope we will see you again!

Good location and for a good price but the dorm room can get pretty cold in the winter and the common room is a bit lacking.

Thank you for your comment. We have an airconditioning in the room, so you can use warm up with it. Also we don't put many things in the common room. Because we have very small hostel. We hope you will enjoy your stay the rest of your trip in Japan.

I booked the hostel haphazardly right away for a 14 days-stay in Kyoto and I wasn't disappointed at all: The location in Gion is great and close to several temples and shrines that are worth visiting. At the same time it is close enough to the shopping district that you can reach it on foot. The staff were all very friendly and willing to help you with directions etc. In the common room you can meet up with others and plan trips together. Very clean and offering (almost) everything I longed for!

• 19th Jan 2016

Stayed in this hostel for 1 week and it was wonderful, the hostel itself isn't the biggest but the beds were comfy and facilities were clean but the highlights for me were the incredibly helpful staff who would go out of their way to help out and the hostel is located in a really popular area with easy access to all over Kyoto. Also met some great people here!

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

This hostel is very well located. Just in the middle of Gion, I couldn't hope for a better place. I thought it would be hard to sleep in a 10 beds room, but everyone was very respectful. The staff is also very nice, and always ready to help you if you ask them :) I really liked my stay there, and you can even play Wii! I just wish there was a bigger locker for my valuables, but everything went fine. If I come back to Kyoto, I am very likely to book there again.

Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. Well, we have small hostel, we don't have much space to put a big locker. We hope will see you again!

Great location. Tight dorm rooms. Not the cleanest toilets, but okay. Not much of an atmosphere, had potential though. No kitchen, just microwave. And why would they actually advertise free breakfast, it was literally one piece of bread. Cmon.

Thank you for your comment. We have small hostel. We don't have much space to put many facilities. About the free bread, it is our service, we just want the gusets to be happy with it. We hope you will enjoy the rest of your stay in Japan.

I was wondering how the 10-bed room was gonna work, and turns out there were 5 bunk beds, all separated by curtains, which i thought was a great idea. They also gave out free bread for breakfast! The best part was probably the location, since it was jjust a few minutes' walk from the most lively areas of Kyoto at night. Overall, great value for the money!

One of the best hostel experiences I've had in Japan. Great location, WONDERFUL knowledgeable staff, and a great common area for hanging out and meeting people. I'm staying here again the next time I'm in Kyoto.

Thank you for your comment. We are really happy to hear about that. We also had a good time iwith you. Thank you! We look forward to seeing you next time!

The staff are really nice and give us a lot us suggestins And the thing in Fiifthare great And bed is really clean!!

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that our service made your stay more comfortable. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

Very attentive staff, best location in Kyoto.

Thank you for your comment. We are happy to hear about that. We also had a good time with you. We hope we will see you again!

Verry helpful friendly staff good allround

• 2nd Jan 2016

Thank you for your comment. We are happt that our staff helped a lot and made your stay more comfortable. We hope we will see you again!

The staff were fantastic. Crazily helpful - they gave a friend good sightseeing tips even when he wasn't staying in the hostel. It did attract a fair few party-people, but there were also a few true backpackers that stayed there. Great place for making friends overseas.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that our service made you and your fiend make happy. Also we are happy that you met nice people here. We hope we will see you again!

A good hostel in a convenient location! Everything is super clean. I once watched a staff member clean and he was incredibly thorough with it! The curtains around the bed offer privacy but might not be convenient for people travelling alone, because there is only one curtain per bunk bed and what if the other person in it wants to sleep a lot earlier or later than you? My only real problem was that we were given incorrect information by the staff more than once, e.g. regarding the closest ATM.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that that you enjoyed our location. Also sorry for giving you the wrong information when you stay. We will tell the staff about that. We hope we will see you again!

Great location just walking distance to station and dotonbori. We stayed at mixed dorm and bed sheet and pillow is clean. Just a tip arrive early so you can get the lower bed.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed our location. We think our location is one of the best in Kyoto. It is easy to go anywhere. We hope we will see you again!

I had a good time at this hostel - the staff was very friendly and willing to help, the common area was fairly large and conducive to meeting other travelers, and there were plenty of snacks and drinks that the hostel merchandised, which is really convenient when you don't feel like going to down to the convenience store.

Thank you for your comment. We are happy to hear about that. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

Thank you for your comment. We are really happy to hear about that. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

I enjoyed my stay at A-yado Gion! The bed was surprisingly very comfortable--soft mattress and thick comforter. The all-women's dorm was a bit tight but just fine for a few nights. I wish it had showers and sinks outside of the dorm so not to disturb other guests sleeping, but everything was clean and always available. I liked the lounge room where guests could socialize, buy drinks and food, and use the hostel's computers. The staff was friendly and very helpful with directions and itineraries.

The beds are fairly large which is a bonus, but the mattresses are very thin and the rooms are nothing special. It is in a great location for seeing traditional Kyoto though.

Thank you for your comment. Actyually we put 2 matresses on the bed and we are not big room. But we think the location is one of the best in Kyoto. If you have a chance to come back to Japan, please come to Kyoto again!

This hostel is in a great location and your get good quality for your money's worth. I also really enjoyed the common area, they set it up so it is easy to facilitate connections with other guests. Overall I loved Kyoto, there is so much to do and see here. I had a great experience.

Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you met nice other guests in our common room. Also we are glad top hear that you had a good experience. We hope we will see you again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4