A-yado Gion

Fabulous 1917 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1917 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
10th Jul 2017

Comfy bed, great location, friendly staff! On of the best hostels I've stayed in Japan!

Thank you for your comment. We are glad to hear about that. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

8th Jul 2017

Overall it's a very good hostel. Situated right in the middle of the most touristic part or the city. Its a great location to just walk out and start doing tourism with out taking any bus or subway. The showers are inside of the bedroom and the toilets are in front of the reception, which it's kind of problematic. There are 2 showers but share the same door so if someone get inside and lock it you have to wait till the other guy is finished eventhough there is one empty. I would recommend it

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that we liked our location. About the facilities, we can't change them. Please understand that. We hope we will see you again!

16th Jun 2017

The experience was great, lounge area made it easy to meet new people. Only problem was the AC wasn't as cold as I wanted it to be, but I came in the midsummer

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
15th May 2017

A-yado Gion is in such a great location. It is on a quiet street close to the beautiful Gion area, and is a few minutes away from some of the busier streets of Kyoto. The staff was super friendly and told me which places I should visit over my three-day stay. Their common room was a great place to meet new people, and even had beer and snacks to purchase (at a very affordable price), to save me from having to walk to the shops. Overall I had a very pleasant stay.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

14th May 2017

good location, they provide one slice of bread for breakfast, very very small lockers aren't good for much

Thank you for your comment. We hope you had a good time here. W have only small locker for valuable, but we can keep the laptop in our cabnet. We hope we will see you again!

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
12th May 2017
5.1

I stayed at this guesthouse one night. It wasn't what I expected for the money I paid. The bed shits were not clean and the bed are really small. The staff is good and helpful but busy. There is a nice living room but the things is that it's upstairs.

Thank you for your comment. You said " I will put a good review on the HostelWorld if you give me a discount" when you checked in. But we didn't give you any discount, so you put a bad review. It is not fair and rude to negotiate for getting for a discount in Japan. We hope you will not do like that at other hostel.

6th May 2017

It's in a pretty good location considering it's on the same street to Gion area (south of hostel) where Geisha perform for tourists. The staff keeps up with the maintenance and is most helpful and friendly. The common area is on the 5th floor. Very neat and cozy up there with a nice big TV. They have free coffee and tea, but no pots and pans. I met some new socializing friends there to gather ideas for Kyoto itinerary. Con: Room full of sleeping bunkmates can make the room humid and stuffy.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time with you. We hope we will see you again!

29th Apr 2017
5.1

Pros: Great location, lovely staff. Cons: Size of dorms ridiculous, kitchen is a joke (nothing to cook with or space to do so), breakfast included: 1piece of toast per person with only margarine to spread & instant coffee, no sort of atmosphere what so ever. Anyways, ok spot to sleep. That's about it. Keep your expectations low.

Thank you for your comment. We hope you had a good time in Kyoto. If you have a chance to come back to Kyoto, please stay here again!

21st Apr 2017

Good location

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here. We hope we will see you again!

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
17th Apr 2017

The best was the ubication! Good place to stay