A-yado Gion Reviews

3F Sakura bldg., 244-2, Nakano-cho, 2 chome, Shinm, Kyoto, Japan

Great location, very clean, free tea and coffee, hot showers, free shampoo, shower gel and conditioner, wifi throughout! Not a party hostel but that's fine in Kyoto as you will but out and about! Also the hostel sells snacks and drinks at a cheap price!

Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you liked our facilities. If you have a chance to come back to Kyoto, please stay here again!

Good location, Gion is fun if not a expensive and the common area is a good place to meet people. Staff are really helpful and English is good. Room space is a bit cramped but you make do.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy our location and your stay here.Also we had a good time in Kyoto. We hope we will see you again!

Thank you! Very good stay and wonderful help from the staff. Highly recommended for Kyoto!

• 5th Apr 2015

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. I hope we will see you again!

Excellent location. Helpful and friendly staff. Bunk room is very tight and with a lot of noise from outside during the night.

Thank you for your comment. Our loctation is the centre of GIon, so it will be many noise from outside. If you want to sleep well, our guest house might not be good place. Anyway, thank you for staying. We hope we will see you again someday.

Wonderful location, but the hostel itself lacks good vibes

Thank you for your comment. We hope you had a good time in Kyoto. we hope see you again!

The hostel is in a good spot but the dorm room was stifling, so many beds packed in, no room for luggage, windows shut, no natural light, airconditioner on at all times. The living room was bare and dull, the kitchen was unclean. It wasn't the hostel's fault but there was also a terrible snorer in my room, nobody slept. All of this added up to such a bad experience that I checked out early and went to Pan and Circus - a beautiful hostel nearby which I can wholeheartedly recommend!

Thank you for your comment. We feel sorry about your stay. The renovation works has been conducted on this building. That's why we can't open the window. We hope you had a good time at other hostel.

Gion area is the best place to be when in Kyoto! Few blocks from the bus stop so its convenient to go around the area.

Thank you for your comment. Well, our location is one of the best location in Kyoto. It is easy to go anywhere by bus and walk. Anyway, we are glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We hope we will see you again!

very good location. Staff were helpful, it was great that they sold drinks and snacks at the hostel for a cheap price. Security wise I wasn't too happy as the guests in the hostel kept leaving the door to the hostel room unlocked which I understand isn't anything to do with the hostel but made me very wary of my bags. Also there were people doing construction nearby at 1am which made sleeping a little difficult Otherwise all over a good hostel and good value for money

Thank you for your comment. Well, we always tell the guests that please lock the door when you leave the room. But some guests don't do that. We will try to check the room and lock the soor more often. We hope we will see you again!

I stayed for 3 nights at Ayado Gion, Kyoto. Together with my mom, we got 2 beds in the 10-person room. I tried to email(before I arrive) to request for at least 1 lower bunk so that my 62 yrs old mother dont have to climb up & down but they say it's first come first served which is fair enough. In the end, I arrived pretty early and they gave me a bunk bed at corner, next to window, which we like a lot coz it feels like we have our own room. The receptionist is very very helpful!

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time ith you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

This hostel was in the heart of the Gion (Geisha) district. Going out at night along the strip of bars two streets over was great, and I was still able to get to all of the must see attractions in Kyoto by day on the subway/bus. The staff was so helpful and friendly. The room itself was incredibly packed in tight, however there was a nice lounge to relax in and meet people/make food/enjoy complimentary toast and coffee/tea for breakfast every morning which was nice.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

Great location, right inside Gion and in walking distance from Minamiza Kabuki Theater. I stayed at a mixed dorm and there were curtains between every bunk which is pretty cool considering privacy issues. There are also 2 small shower-rooms and one toilet inside the mixed dorm. And, free bread slice ever morning! There is a toaster in the living room upstairs and free hot water+coffee or tea so yeah breakfast is fixed for all the budget travelers out there:)

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! Hope see you again!

The location is great. The best place to stay if you want to spend a night in Gion, which I think, should everyone do if you are staying for a few days in Kyoto. The staff are friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay here.

Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here. Also we had a good time with you! We hope we will see you again!

very good hostel,just 1 minute walk from gion station

Great location and friendly staff. We loved Kyoto and this hostel was the perfect one between price and comfort. If you want some great okanamyaki when you turn left from Tully's coffee it has a red sign that says just 2 words okanamyako and tepponyaki she has been in that site for 20 years her name is K the food was great and both her and her son were a laugh.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and Kyoto! Also we had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again.

Excellent location and nice staff! The dorm was a bit cramped, but somehow I managed with my huge bags

Thank you for your comment. We had a good time with you. Well, sorry for your bag space. We have a small room and we can't do anything about that. Anyway, if you have a chance to come back to Kyoto, please stay here again!

The Discription of how to get there when you leave the bus could have been better but everything else was fine :).

Thank you for staying here. Actually, we send the discription of how to get here to every guests in the mail 1 week before theire arrival. Anyway, we hope we will see you someday. Thank you!

Had a great stay. Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Very clean, they were always coming in cleaning the dorms. Lockers were small for valuables. Showers were hot and strong. Common room to meet people. Hot water was provided and snacks can be purchased for ¥100 yen. Washing machine and powder is free to use. Beds were comfy and curtains provided comfortable privacy. Cheap comfortable and worth while.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. Also we had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again some day!

It's in a great location, lovely helpful staff, clean and safe. They give you a free slice of bread [rather thick] in the morning so it's the only hostel I've seen giving you some sort of breakfast. You won't find a cheaper hostel in Kyoto, well worth the money and more.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad you seemed to enjoy your stay in Kyoto. Also we are happy that you like our bread we served. If you have a time to come back to Kyoto, please stay here again!

Really great location by the old Gion district- we saw two Geishas just walking back in the evening. Close by bars, restaurants and temples, 15m to main station. Super clean and great blankets- provided privacy w/curtains on the bunks. Shower located in the female dorm. Gave a nice slice of bread for breakfast for free. Could purchase snacks, noodles and beer in the lounge

Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed our location. We think our location is one of the best in Kyoto. It is easy to go anywhere. Also we had a good time with you! Thank you!! we hope we will see you again!

A-Yado was a great choice for Kyoto. Location was fantastic-- a few blocks away from the historic Gion district and not far away from the main strips of bars and and restaurants. Staff was amazing and helpful (shout out to Masa!) and the dorms were clean and even though packed with beds, had a sense of privacy due to the curtains. The lounge was nice. The owners stack the fridge and surrounding area with beer and snacks and you can take whatever you need and leave some money in a tin. A+.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Thank you for your comment. We are really happy to hear about that. Also we are glad that our service made your stay more comfortable. We hope we will see you again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3