A-yado Gion Reviews

3F Sakura bldg., 244-2, Nakano-cho, 2 chome, Shinm, Kyoto, Japan

Keep up the great work!

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Malaysia

I spend in A-yado Gion hostel great time. Wish to stay there longer. Hope to visit You in the future :D

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you someday!

This place is simply amazing. Great staff, wonderful people and all in all a fantastic experience. If I ever go to Kyoto again I would definitely stay here. The hotel is right next to major shopping districts and night life so there are always activities. You can't beat the price and the location. Stay here for a few nights if you can and enjoy the friendly atmosphere and people.

Thank you for your comment. We are realy happy to hear about your comment. We also had a good tme with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

great location, in gion, making it walking distance to central kyoto. its 5 bunk beds squeezed into a small room, so a little inconvenient to navigate around the room. surprisingly clean, considering there were 10 people sharing the room. common room on the fifth floor makes it easy to interact with other travellers. if you don't mind the small rooms, it is a great little place for a few nights stay in kyoto.

Thank you for your comment. We hope you enjoyed staying our hostel. We are very small hostel, we would like to make more space in the dorm, but it is difficult to do that. We will try to think a good solution. We hope we will see you again!

Really nice staff, located in Gion, cheap with a piece of toast and tea in the morning. The curtains dividing the beds also make up for a little but welcome privacy. Having one bathroom in the room is both a minus and a plus, I think: you have less people to share, but when return late and people want to sleep while you want to take a shower, it becomes a bit of a complication. Anyway, I stayed only for one night, but it could have been more, and I don't feel like I'd have complaints.

Thank you for your comment. Also thank you for your advice about the room. We are small hostel. It is difficult to change the facilities. We hope we will see you again!

Exceptional. Extremely small, yet so well maintained, clean and convenient that you totally forget about it. Everything there is well thought, made to make your stay easier, from the kitchen to the laundry, to the very helpful staff, always nice and polite. Plus, it's a good value, and I met there tons of cool people.

Thank you for your comment. We are happy to hear about your comment. We had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

This was the nicest place I stayed at in Japan. The staff is super nice and supportive, everything is very clean. The location is just perfect. You can get cold water, drinks, beer, snacks, sweets and instant noodle cups for little money in the common room which is super handy. Also, you get some bread for breakfast, simple but a nice gesture!

Thank you for your comment. We are really glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

My mates and I really enjoyed our stay at A-yado hostel. It was in a convenient location to catch the bus and see the sights that we wanted to see. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfortable, and the showers very clean. We were also glad that we could pick up our bus passes right at the hostel. My group also enjoyed chatting with our fellow travelers in the common room every night.

Thank you for your comment. We are reall happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

Very small dorms - quite difficult to open your backpack/ suitcase when inside. A great location made it a great experience though! Thanks

Thank you for your comment. We are very small hostel and have only small locker for valuable.so it is difficult to put large bags in the room. sorry for thet. We hope you had a good time in Kyoto.

Great hostel - only negative not too much space in the rooms

Thank you for your comment. Well, we are very small hostel. We don't have much space to put your bags in thr room. But we can't change the facilities. we hope you had a good time in Kyoto.

A bit noisy to have the bathroom sinks in the sleeping quarters. Everything else was good!

Thank you for your comment. Well, we are small hostel. we had to put bathroom and sinks in the room. But we are happy that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We hope we will see you again!

Too many beds in the female dorm.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you for your comment. We are vrery small hostel, so it is difficult to reduce the beds. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Kyoto.

The lookers are really small, not enough space for laps. Very clean. Grate atmosphere. the staff is nice. Romms clean and comfortable.

Thank you for your comment. Actually, we can keep the lap top in our cabinet. Sorry that we didn't tell you about that. We hope we will see you again!

Incredibly surprised by this hostel! Very clean and the staff is so helpful and nice. My friend and I went to Kyoto without specific plans and when we asked them for recommendations and routes, they gave us all the info they knew! Not only that, we found out that this hostel is in the midst of the entertainment district. Definitely prime location for anyone who likes the nightlife. They give you free toast in the morning, coffee, and tea. This started our days off better than without them.

• 20th Jul 2015

Thank you for your comment. We are really happy to hear about that. Also we had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

A very memorable experience! Excellent staff, great location, and an overall positive experience for my trip to Kyoto!

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

It was in a great location with so many things within walking distance. The facilities were all quite good, but I found the dorm which I was in quite claustrophobic without really any space to put my bags. I saw other dorms though and they didn't look as crowded. Aside from that though, it was a good hostel with a good common room.

Thank you for your comment. We are very small hostel, we don't have much space to put big bags. We always ask the guests to make the bags more tidy. Anyway, we hope you enjoyed your stay in Kyoto.

rooftop or garden would be nice. Its a great spot though.

Thank you for your comment. Actually we don't have a rooftop and garden. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Kyoto.

We (two girls) stayed in a mixed dorm which was lovely. All the bunk beds had curtains around them which we drew when we went to bed for some privacy. The room was air conditioned so it was nice and cool for sleeping in the summer, and had 2 showers and a western style toilet in the room which was also handy. All the staff were really friendly and helpful and had great English, which was very handy for me as I don't speak Japanese.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you for your comment. We are really glad that you semed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Tahnk you! We hope we will see you again!

Staff are very friendly and are super accommodating. Def recommend this place!

Thank you for your comment. We are really happy to hear about that. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

Super friendly staff and nice people! They even let me storage my stuff for a full day after check-out and I was allowed to take a shower. I had a blast, thank you guys!

Thank you for your comment. We are really glad to hear about that. We also had a good time with you.Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4