A-yado Gion Reviews

3F Sakura bldg., 244-2, Nakano-cho, 2 chome, Shinm, Kyoto, Japan

This was the nicest place I stayed at in Japan. The staff is super nice and supportive, everything is very clean. The location is just perfect. You can get cold water, drinks, beer, snacks, sweets and instant noodle cups for little money in the common room which is super handy. Also, you get some bread for breakfast, simple but a nice gesture!

Thank you for your comment. We are really glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

My mates and I really enjoyed our stay at A-yado hostel. It was in a convenient location to catch the bus and see the sights that we wanted to see. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfortable, and the showers very clean. We were also glad that we could pick up our bus passes right at the hostel. My group also enjoyed chatting with our fellow travelers in the common room every night.

Thank you for your comment. We are reall happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

Very small dorms - quite difficult to open your backpack/ suitcase when inside. A great location made it a great experience though! Thanks

Thank you for your comment. We are very small hostel and have only small locker for valuable.so it is difficult to put large bags in the room. sorry for thet. We hope you had a good time in Kyoto.

Great hostel - only negative not too much space in the rooms

Thank you for your comment. Well, we are very small hostel. We don't have much space to put your bags in thr room. But we can't change the facilities. we hope you had a good time in Kyoto.

A bit noisy to have the bathroom sinks in the sleeping quarters. Everything else was good!

Thank you for your comment. Well, we are small hostel. we had to put bathroom and sinks in the room. But we are happy that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We hope we will see you again!

Too many beds in the female dorm.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you for your comment. We are vrery small hostel, so it is difficult to reduce the beds. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Kyoto.

The lookers are really small, not enough space for laps. Very clean. Grate atmosphere. the staff is nice. Romms clean and comfortable.

Thank you for your comment. Actually, we can keep the lap top in our cabinet. Sorry that we didn't tell you about that. We hope we will see you again!

Incredibly surprised by this hostel! Very clean and the staff is so helpful and nice. My friend and I went to Kyoto without specific plans and when we asked them for recommendations and routes, they gave us all the info they knew! Not only that, we found out that this hostel is in the midst of the entertainment district. Definitely prime location for anyone who likes the nightlife. They give you free toast in the morning, coffee, and tea. This started our days off better than without them.

• 20th Jul 2015

Thank you for your comment. We are really happy to hear about that. Also we had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

A very memorable experience! Excellent staff, great location, and an overall positive experience for my trip to Kyoto!

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

It was in a great location with so many things within walking distance. The facilities were all quite good, but I found the dorm which I was in quite claustrophobic without really any space to put my bags. I saw other dorms though and they didn't look as crowded. Aside from that though, it was a good hostel with a good common room.

Thank you for your comment. We are very small hostel, we don't have much space to put big bags. We always ask the guests to make the bags more tidy. Anyway, we hope you enjoyed your stay in Kyoto.

rooftop or garden would be nice. Its a great spot though.

Thank you for your comment. Actually we don't have a rooftop and garden. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Kyoto.

We (two girls) stayed in a mixed dorm which was lovely. All the bunk beds had curtains around them which we drew when we went to bed for some privacy. The room was air conditioned so it was nice and cool for sleeping in the summer, and had 2 showers and a western style toilet in the room which was also handy. All the staff were really friendly and helpful and had great English, which was very handy for me as I don't speak Japanese.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you for your comment. We are really glad that you semed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Tahnk you! We hope we will see you again!

Staff are very friendly and are super accommodating. Def recommend this place!

Thank you for your comment. We are really happy to hear about that. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

Super friendly staff and nice people! They even let me storage my stuff for a full day after check-out and I was allowed to take a shower. I had a blast, thank you guys!

Thank you for your comment. We are really glad to hear about that. We also had a good time with you.Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

A great hostel, would defiantly recommend staying; kind and helpful staff, nice social room\kitchen, good location

Thank you for your comment. We are really happy to hear about that. We also had a good time with you. We hope we will see you again!

It got the job done, it was in a great area for a reasonable price compared to others in the area, and it was in a pretty good location.

Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed our location. Our location is one of the best area in Kyoto. We hope we will see you again!

We had a very nice stay in the a-yado hostel. Since it is located in the heart of the Gion quarter there are many facilities around and also the public transport is very close. The doorm itself was very comfortable and since the beds were seperated by curtains we had some private space. Very clean and convenient bathrooms were directly in the doorm. The common room was great for meeting new people. We enjoyed our stay a lot.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy our stay here. We are also really happy to hear about your comment. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

Great hostel. Excellent value for Japan. Location is perfect in a nice neighborhood (Gion) near the center. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Very clean. Common room is nice with free computer. Free coffee and tea. They also sell food, snack, drinks and beer for the same price or cheaper than in the mart. Everything is tiny in this hostel, you won’t have a lot of space but its fine. Highly recommended to visit Kyoto!

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

The hostel had a great location. Close to the Metro, bus stop, shops, nice river and not too far from some popular temples. The staff were really friendly and helpful whnwhn I arrived. There was some free bread for breakfast and it had everything that I needed. Good stay.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you liked our location. Our location is one of convienience location in Kyoto. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you someday!

This is a great hostel! Really cheap and the staff is really nice, always ready to help you!! I really enjoyed my stay there!

Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4