• 3F Sakura bldg., 244-2, Nakano-cho, 2 chome, Shinm, Kyoto, Japan

8.5
Fabulous 1,715 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1,715 Total Reviews
A-yado Gion Located at 3F Sakura bldg., 244-2, Nakano-cho, 2 chome, Shinm, Kyoto.
Japan
Kyoto 605-0082 3F Sakura bldg., 244-2, Nakano-cho, 2 chome, Shinm
85% 1715
35.0063516 135.7753676
    Rooms available

• China, Female, 18-24
22nd Jul 2016

The location is great. Close to Sanjo Station and Kamogawa and the front sells 500 yen one-day bus ticket. The staff was very nice, offering breakfast bread for free. The shower room and basin were inside the dorm. Convenient, but sometimes a bit noisy when someone else returns late. The only pity was that the curtain was not very effective, it gets bright early in the morning and couldn't sleep well. And there wasn't a socket near the bed, I had to pull out the lamp to charge. Nice stay in all

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you liked our location and our sevice. About the curtain, thank you for your advice., but we can't change it so far. We hope we will see you again!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
21st Jul 2016
8.0

The dorm itself was rather cramped, (people had to step over me when I packed my bags) and there was the usual fun trying to get a good temperature on the air con (someone thought we should sleep in 30-degree heat but we settled on 25), but the common room was heavily utilised as a result resulting in a pretty good social environment.

• England, Male, 31-40
13th Jul 2016

Nice hostel, great location, friendly staff. I've stayed before and would be the first place I'd try to book when next in Kyoto.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad to hear about that. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
6th Jul 2016

Great location -- Gion is not smack-dab in the middle of Kyoto but it's a nice historical area and the hostel is a really easy walk to the nearest train station and downtown Kyoto. The facilities were quite nice; the air conditioning wasn't stellar but did the job (at times I was too warm at night). The staff were friendly and kind and I met some really interesting people here. The computer even had a CD drive so I could access my kimono rental pictures! Would stay here again. Thanks!

Thank you for your comment. We are happy to hear about your comment. We think our location is one of the best in Kyoto. It is easy to go anywhere. Also we had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

3rd Jul 2016

The location is perfect, less than 10min to walk to downtown and a subway and train station. The room was very crowded with all the beds in, so there was not that much space left to put a backpack. It also got a bit warm during night, because so many people sleep in there. Lockers are small, but I could give bigger things to the reception to store for me. Stuff was super nice and helpful! All in all, I would recommend the hostel and go again.

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy our location. We think our guesthouse located on one of the best area in Kyoto. It is easy to go anywhere. We hope we will see you again!

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd Jul 2016

Such an amazing stay here! The staff was exceptional with help and the hostel exceeded my expectations for cleanliness and location! I would go back in a heart beat! Thanks for the great stay in Kyoto Japan!

Thank you for your comment. We are really glad to hear about that. We also had a good time with you. Thank you! We hope we will see you again!

28th Jun 2016
6.6

Located in a good position. Good showers. Really hard mattress. The stuff is helpful but they shouldn't come into your room to change the rubbish bag at 1am or make the bed at 6.30am just because someone does the check out so early. After all was an ok hostel.

Thank you for your comment and your advise. Our check-in time is from 7:00am, so we will make the bed after the guest checked out early morning. Because we would like the guests who arrive tin Kyoto by night bus to use the bed as soon as they arrive. We hope you will enjoy your trip in Japan.

• England, Female, 25-30
26th Jun 2016

I had a great stay here, and only left after two nights because they were full. I would have stayed for the rest of my trip to Kyoto. The hostel is great, clean, has a good common area, but the best bit is the location, right in the heart of go on and near to temples

Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you had a great stay here. Our location is one of the best area in Kyoto. It is easy to go anywhere. We hope we will see you someday!

• France, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2016

The hostel is really well located. Staff is nice and dorms are clean. There's even a lift in the building !

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. We also had a good time with you. We hope we will see you again!

21st Jun 2016
7.7

Good sides: Cheap Good atmosphere, there are always some people in common area. Bad sides: Lockers are so small that even my camera did not fit in with its bag. So if you have a laptop definitely it will not fit in. If you give it to the reception they can keep your valuables but of course its not so comfortable. Rooms are filled up with beds so there is not enough space for putting your bed. They don't allow to stay in common room after check out.

Thank you for your comment. Our hostel is very small, so we can't make everything bigge. But if you would like us to keep the valueable, we can keep them in our locker. We hope you will enjoy your stay in Japan!