Airport Skyway Lodge Reviews

30 Kirkbride Road, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand

Weird rules concerning possibilities to stay at the lodge after 10 a.m. Charges extra even though room is checked out. Internet slow when taking into account the high price per day.

Staff were very helpful and offered loads of advice. We ended up having to stay longer to arrange a camper van and were stuck when all other accomodation was fully booked. The staff went above and beyond to organise a room for us moving things about to help us out of a tricky situation. Would happily recommend to anyone.

• 5th Mar 2015

Close to the airport, the staff are friendly. Run by a family they are very accommodating. It's not the newest place but you get a towel and a bed which is perfect if you are travelling out early in the morning the next day as I was. Rides to the airport also. There's supposed to be an Indian restaurant near by but I ate before I arrived.

Really nice and peacefull place, pool and jacuzzi make it even better

• 28th Feb 2015

Liked the hot tub and the coffee.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Friendly staff, lovely and cozy hostel. Just like staying at your grandma's house. :) A bit too far from downtown, but not a big deal if you're willing to take the bus.

• 19th Feb 2015

Perfect place to stay after a long flight when you arrive very late. I had to pay for a private room because I got in too late to stay in a dorm (would wake up other guests) so one night stay cost $72 which I thought was quite expensive but the room was ideal and very clean. Toilets were also very clean as was the rest of the hostel. Scott was on reception and picked me up from the airport (there was a $5 charge) - he was very friendly and made me feel very welcome. would stay again and recommnd

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Don't bother with dorm rooms - same price to get a double and much better. The rooms smelt a little damp but we're clean. The issue we had was the wifi was $7 - which we paid but it onlY worked in living area, not bedrooms.... Bit cheeky considering the price. Given the price of the room is higher than the rest of places we stayed, I think the wifi should be free or greatly reduced (especially that it doesn't work beyond a 5 metre radius of the reception). basic + clean

• 1st Feb 2015

very convenient for being close to airport , and being picked up by the staff. scott is really friendly and helping.

• 28th Jan 2015

I only stayed for one night as I arrived late in the night from Australia. But the room was lovely and spacious, just a shame about the noise outside.

Hostel was in a great position as close to the airport but in a quiet area with shops only a five minute walk. Staff went out of their way to help, particularly when I was trying to get to Auckland City and there were issues with buses. They got me to a bus stop that was still running and refused any payment. Can't thank them enough!

• 9th Jan 2015

Ideally located with cheap airport transfer service. We used this on arrival and departure and found it peaceful and comfortable. Would recommend it 100% if you are flying in/out of auckland

Great relaxing atmosphere Terrific service Unobtrusive hosts Collection and dropoff to the Airport really takes the stress out of transitting Also dropping & collecting us from the takeaways is a real plus when you don't have a vehicle. Beds not Bunks. Would definitely use again

• 9th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Unfortunately roadworks prevented the Airporter Bus from dropping us off near the Lodge so we had to walk the length of Kirkbride Road. Facilities were good but need upgrading. Staff were helpful.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

I really recommend this place. Scott it a good host and the transfer to hostel/airport really cheap. You need 50minutes from there to go to the city center. Stayed there twice.

The staff was very friendly and really helped me out with a problem. I had to return a rental car to the airport in the morning and for that purpose the location was excellent. I would recommend this hostel if you're planning one staying one night close to the airport. Apart from that, this hostel is below New Zealand standards. There was a sign saying you have to leave the premises after checkout, otherwise you have to pay a day rate. Never seen that before and found it pretty rude.

fantastically friendly people, rooms basic but good value and the kitchen and relax areas are very spacious, the kitchen is stocked with every conceivable utensil and accoutrements...pick up and drop off to the airport and free tea and coffee in a fabulously congenial atmosphere...thanks

We have a flight around 6am, and the shuttle bus to the airport is 5 Dollars per person which is very budget and convenient for the early flight people .

Great hostel if you need to be by the airport. The lounge area is nice and big, the kitchen is great with free coffee and tea. Spices and essentials are there if you wanna cook. The rooms are nice and clean. Bathrooms were good too. Stayed here at the beginning and end of my trip. Just wish you didn't have to pay for everything (wifi, shuttle).

I stayed here to get to the airport for an early flight. If I had known ahead of time that the city runs an airport bus 24hrs a day, I wouldn't have bothered. By the time you get out to this hostel by bus and pay for their shuttle you could have gone to bed earlier and made it on the Air Bus. The hostel itself was quite unusual, basically a converted house with twin beds crammed in to each room. The staff was fine but did not speak english well and made a mistake in charging my card.