Airport Skyway Lodge Reviews

30 Kirkbride Road, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand

Unexpectedly awesome. Great staff, best place for a late stay early departure. Comfy beds! Will use again.

The location is great if you are looking to be near the airport. It's an older facility, so don't expect anything great. It's clean and it does the job. It's a little pricy in my opinion. The wifi was not free. I paid 7 dollars for access until 10 a.m. the next day and I had issues the entire time. The staff were friendly enough.

Decent place to stay if you have an early flight. About 5 min from airport, $5 for shuttle to/from airport not a bad price. The room and lounge were nice, but the bathroom was a bit dodgy. Everything worked, but was covered by lots of cheap repairs. Felt more like a cheap motel than a hostel. Paid less for better hostels, but I guess you're paying for being right next to the airport. Staff was nice. If you have an early flight, decent place to get a few hours of sleep.

Staying at the Skyway Lodge was very comfortable for me and my partner. It was a home away from home feel and not too flash, which I liked and wasn't too flash. I'm deciding to stay again soon in the future.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Very friendly

• 5th Sep 2014

Nice and oldfashioned rooms

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Russia

Very friendly and homely place to stay :)

• 30th Jul 2014

Nice hostel close to airport and the free 24/7 shuttle to and from the airport it's really great when you have an early flight

Very nice hostel close to the airport. Staff were extremely accommodating & there was a nice warm fire in common room! Highly recommend staying here

If you have a really early flight (I had a 6am flight, aka left at 4am), this is a great place to go. Clean, convenient, and quiet. Not the ritz, but if you are looking for that, just pay for a taxi from downtown. The airport transfer is really handy and it was good for the prices you will pay for an airport hotel/hostel. I would recommend it to anyone needing to get to the airport super early.

Lovely staff, shuttle service to airport was extremely helpful. Stayed again before my flight out, would recommend highly.

• 29th Jun 2014

Staff is really nice but bulding and facilities are very poor for european standart for this prize. But how I see now it is New zealand:)

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very pleasant stay was good to get picked up and dropped off from airport at very reasonable cost

Perfect location for those flying in and out of Auckland. The manager was super friendly and the shuttle makes it even more convenient. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of my room...spotless.