Amsterdam Hostel Orfeo Reviews

Leidsekruistraat 14, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1972 Total Reviews

The sheets were stained and there wasn't that cool hostel atmosfere, nobody talked to each other. The weirdest vibe ever in a hostel

Very basic - does a job for a night but wouldn't stay here any longer. Pretty rubbish shower facilities. Payment by cash only

The only good thing about this place was its location. Most of the staff was rude, it smelt like feet and BO even in the loby, it was very cramped and the kitchen was disgusting. They were recarpeting the very steep stairwell ( the only route to the rooms) and I had to wait long periods of time to get up or down.

On arriving, we were greeted by an unfriendly staff member. Who riducled us for getting lost, cheated my friend and I for roughly 60 euros. Made us feel incredibly uncomfortable. He did not give us a reciept, clearly because he over charged us and nor did he give us a map, meaning we spent a day aimlessly walking around. The breakfast was also an absolute joke, a slice of bread and thimble of watery coffee and tea. Only decent thing about it was the location. Would never ever stay here again.

• 23rd May 2014

do not expect much of teh hostel , it s just a bed that you sleep at at end of night , nothing more i asked theguy at recieption about the bus number for airport and he gave me missleading info , which almost made me out of time and had to go to airport by Taxi

The staff weren't very helpful at this location and the facilities weren't nice at all , rooms very hot and sweaty and cramped !

Shower was so dirty I couldn't use it. Facilities were kinda dirty and very cramped and the location was convenient but really noisey

If you don't hope clean linens and good breakfast the hostel is good for its location and its price.

Wonderful hostel, the best location, the best staff. Cheap and good for what you pay

I will just say that the things they provide are not true. And the employees (including the manager) get angry if you ask about the guest full equip kitchen (that they say on Internet they have) and does not exist. Awful rooms and bed. Clean? Smells every where. Lets leave it there, ok?

This place was everything I expected and wanted. I would definitely go back.

Very disapointed by this hostel. The only advantage would be the location, in -between city center, museums and park. It's very dusty and old (moisture stains on the walls), I'd suggest you bring your own sleeping bag because the bed sheets are kinda suspicious. Another serious problem is there's no lockers in the room to put your valuable stuffs. I would not recommend this hostel, except if it's the last available in the area (it was my case).

Funnily enough this place use to be a gay hotel and I definitely left happier than when I arrived. The staff are fantastic, all of them. Even after I checked out to a nearby hostel, I was greeted exceptionally well when returning to visit mates I met the nights before. In short you get what you pay for, and this place is well worth it.

The only great thing about the hostel was the location. Everything else was standard or below. They offered us free breakfast however we never went to it as a room mate had told us its not worth it since its a slice of bread and coffee (better than nothing i guess). There are no lockers in the room (4 bed mixed dorm) however you can leave valuables with receptionist. Beds seemed clean and basic toilet facilities. We only chose this hostel as other places were all taken.

The highlight of the hostel was the people. The staff are very friendly and the common area has a friendly atmosphere. The beds and bathrooms, however, were not as good. On one day, there was no hot water and the shower curtains were dirty. The beds are all very old and sagging. Those things aside, I still enjoyed my stay because of the people. However, the prices do not reflect the quality of the rooms.

Great place to stay near all of Amsterdam's tourist location. Cant be beaten for location, lots of eateries on the doorstep and staff are fabulous! Thanks for having us Hostel Orfeo, we felt very welcome. Breakfast has some room for improvement.

Considering that the room is extremely small, the beds are not good, there's no a good place to socialize, the wifi is horrible. The staff is amazing. To expensive.

The hostel should be prices at the amount listed for the services you get. The ensuite toilet is not good at all. The bedding feels like it hasn't been washed.

Hard to find. A pain to navigate once inside. Couldn't wait to leave

Its quite well If you compare with price :D