Amsterdam Hostel Orfeo Reviews

Leidsekruistraat 14, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1988 Total Reviews

Spanish guy on arrival was less then friendly. Unhelpful and aggressive manner. The building was smelly and stuffy. I thought we were lucky to have our mould covered room next to the toilets, but that only added to the terrible smell which seemed to resonate throughout the whole building. One night was enough definitely enough.

• 5th Jun 2014

The Hostel was good, the people were very nice and you could talk with many kinds of people in the leaving room. The receptionists were very kind, helpful and funny, they knew much about amsterdam and party things. The location was awesome, the pub crawl was just 3min away by walking and definitely worth. The only thing we didn't like were the showers, nearly no water came out. One more thing was they had a kitchen but sadly no stove. I would recommend it and come always again.

The location is great. Very central and easy to get everywhere from there on foot. Great coffee shops near by and restaurants. Staff is great and very helpful. Rooms are alright. The one thing I didn't like much is that I didn't feel the atmosphere was very friendly. Didn't meet too many people who wanted to interact. Otherwise I would totally recommend this place.

Went to this hostel on a bank weekend so we paid way too much for it since the prices around the city were raised. The building is old, the rooms are crammed in, the bedding didn't convince me it was clean, and there were no lockers or safes except one behind the front desk. On the other hand, the location was excellent and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Right in the middle of the restaurant district, close to most of the sights. The downside is that it's pretty noisy outside until 3 or 4 AM, so it can be tough to sleep.

Both the wifi and wired Internet went down while I was using it. The bathrooms are kind of dirty, and I wouldn't shower without flip flops. Other than that, good hostel. Nice staff.

Good location, friendly staff, reasonably clean. My friend had a bit of trouble falling asleep as it is a busy/loud place and there were people yelling on the streets until 4 in the morning. We were expecting a little more than bread in the morning for breakfast (maybe some fruit/eggs? A toaster?),but it was fine for the one night we were there.

• 29th May 2014

The sheets were stained and there wasn't that cool hostel atmosfere, nobody talked to each other. The weirdest vibe ever in a hostel

Very basic - does a job for a night but wouldn't stay here any longer. Pretty rubbish shower facilities. Payment by cash only

The only good thing about this place was its location. Most of the staff was rude, it smelt like feet and BO even in the loby, it was very cramped and the kitchen was disgusting. They were recarpeting the very steep stairwell ( the only route to the rooms) and I had to wait long periods of time to get up or down.

On arriving, we were greeted by an unfriendly staff member. Who riducled us for getting lost, cheated my friend and I for roughly 60 euros. Made us feel incredibly uncomfortable. He did not give us a reciept, clearly because he over charged us and nor did he give us a map, meaning we spent a day aimlessly walking around. The breakfast was also an absolute joke, a slice of bread and thimble of watery coffee and tea. Only decent thing about it was the location. Would never ever stay here again.

• 23rd May 2014

do not expect much of teh hostel , it s just a bed that you sleep at at end of night , nothing more i asked theguy at recieption about the bus number for airport and he gave me missleading info , which almost made me out of time and had to go to airport by Taxi

The staff weren't very helpful at this location and the facilities weren't nice at all , rooms very hot and sweaty and cramped !

Shower was so dirty I couldn't use it. Facilities were kinda dirty and very cramped and the location was convenient but really noisey

If you don't hope clean linens and good breakfast the hostel is good for its location and its price.

Wonderful hostel, the best location, the best staff. Cheap and good for what you pay

I will just say that the things they provide are not true. And the employees (including the manager) get angry if you ask about the guest full equip kitchen (that they say on Internet they have) and does not exist. Awful rooms and bed. Clean? Smells every where. Lets leave it there, ok?

This place was everything I expected and wanted. I would definitely go back.

Very disapointed by this hostel. The only advantage would be the location, in -between city center, museums and park. It's very dusty and old (moisture stains on the walls), I'd suggest you bring your own sleeping bag because the bed sheets are kinda suspicious. Another serious problem is there's no lockers in the room to put your valuable stuffs. I would not recommend this hostel, except if it's the last available in the area (it was my case).

Funnily enough this place use to be a gay hotel and I definitely left happier than when I arrived. The staff are fantastic, all of them. Even after I checked out to a nearby hostel, I was greeted exceptionally well when returning to visit mates I met the nights before. In short you get what you pay for, and this place is well worth it.