Amsterdam Hostel Orfeo Reviews

Leidsekruistraat 14, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2010 Total Reviews

There was not a real kitchen but only a microware. there are spots of mold on the wall and the bathrooms was dirty

The "breakfast included" was PB&J, the wifi was only in the lobby and there was black mold all over our room. Someone else in our room paid 34 euros and we had to pay 50.

Great location to see Amsterdam, beds were not the best, the atmosphere was nil and we had bad roommates. The one bathroom in our ten bed shared had no shower pressure and you could smell whatever the last person did in there.

There is not a lot of fresh air in the rooms as the windows do not open. No lockers, though the staff offer yo keep valuable behind the desk in lock box. Floors were quite dirty. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I felt this hostel to be bit expensive gor what it is.

Staff was chill, awesome location, but no lockers to store items.

• 26th Jun 2014

Staff were friendly and very good value for money. The location is the best part about this hostel; 5 mins walk from anything you need, 10 mins walk from Dam Square.

The location of the hostel is perfect, near almost all the touristic points. However there is no elevator, there was one bathroom for 10 people and it was inside the room (no privacy) and the bed sheet and pillow seemed for me not very clean. The staff were very kind and helpful.

Top floor room was quite the hike! Five floors of very steep stairs. 3-piece bathroom was large - only one for the room, but wasn't ever an issue.

The staff was unfriendly and the rooms weren't that clean. There were also too little toilets and showers. We had to share one toilet and one shower with 12 people which of course caused some trouble in both the morning and the evening. Atmosphere wasn't too good either and I felt the value for the money was quite poor. The only good thing was the location since it was near the center.

It was ok for the money. The staff were very helpful. The locations is great.

• 14th Jun 2014

I think the staff over complicated our arrival. We had booked 2 different rooms for our 4 nights and they acted a bit like it was over complicated and a huge hassle. Overall it was a nice hostel in a really nice area. The shower pressure was a little bit low but the atmosphere was good enough to make up for that. The 24 hour reception was also really useful. Steep stairs and the wifi doesn't reach the 3rd or 4th story rooms but overall it was a nice stay and we met great people. Would recommend.

Overall a nice place from what I have seen in Amsterdam. Seemed pretty expensive for what you get though. Showers were not very nice and rooms were more cramped then what I have seen in several other hostels.

Spanish guy on arrival was less then friendly. Unhelpful and aggressive manner. The building was smelly and stuffy. I thought we were lucky to have our mould covered room next to the toilets, but that only added to the terrible smell which seemed to resonate throughout the whole building. One night was enough definitely enough.

• 5th Jun 2014

The Hostel was good, the people were very nice and you could talk with many kinds of people in the leaving room. The receptionists were very kind, helpful and funny, they knew much about amsterdam and party things. The location was awesome, the pub crawl was just 3min away by walking and definitely worth. The only thing we didn't like were the showers, nearly no water came out. One more thing was they had a kitchen but sadly no stove. I would recommend it and come always again.

The location is great. Very central and easy to get everywhere from there on foot. Great coffee shops near by and restaurants. Staff is great and very helpful. Rooms are alright. The one thing I didn't like much is that I didn't feel the atmosphere was very friendly. Didn't meet too many people who wanted to interact. Otherwise I would totally recommend this place.

Went to this hostel on a bank weekend so we paid way too much for it since the prices around the city were raised. The building is old, the rooms are crammed in, the bedding didn't convince me it was clean, and there were no lockers or safes except one behind the front desk. On the other hand, the location was excellent and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Right in the middle of the restaurant district, close to most of the sights. The downside is that it's pretty noisy outside until 3 or 4 AM, so it can be tough to sleep.

Both the wifi and wired Internet went down while I was using it. The bathrooms are kind of dirty, and I wouldn't shower without flip flops. Other than that, good hostel. Nice staff.

Good location, friendly staff, reasonably clean. My friend had a bit of trouble falling asleep as it is a busy/loud place and there were people yelling on the streets until 4 in the morning. We were expecting a little more than bread in the morning for breakfast (maybe some fruit/eggs? A toaster?),but it was fine for the one night we were there.

• 29th May 2014

The sheets were stained and there wasn't that cool hostel atmosfere, nobody talked to each other. The weirdest vibe ever in a hostel