Amsterdam Hotelboat Reviews

Postbus 16645, Oosterdok, pier n 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent value for money, very clean, nice atmosphere, kind people. I recommend it without second thoughts.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Greece

It was Super cool there.staff is so Nice and the view amaising.the bed is very comphi.8 min Walk from The Trainstation.my Nr.1recomendation in Amsterdam!!!:)

• 18th Apr 2015

Great location for this hostel. Although the rooms are small (what do you expect you are on a boat!?) they contained everything you needed. Would reccommend to others and good value for money.

• 3rd Apr 2015

First the room was super small, the total walking site in the room for 2 people is only 2 metresquare. Therefore one metersq. per person. Walls are super thin and u can basically hear whatever is spoken in the next rooms as well as the corridor. I came at around midnight at 12 one night and the door was locked. The guy opened the door and he started to insult and swear at me!!! I have never seen such agression from a dutch before. If u come late, get ready to be humiliated! No wifi in the room.

This gentleman did not use his key and banged loudly on the door after midnight. When I asked why he did not use his key he blamed us for not explaining the use well enough. Maybe he did not pay attention at the check in. We expect guests to be as quiet as possible after midnight.

CONS: it is possible listen steps upstairs and conversations from other rooms, as I knew reading other reviews. During two days, noisy stopped at 12am, so I didn't have real problems to sleep. Internet: you have just 50mb per day, the hotelboat should improve this to give more comfort to its guests. PROS: Every toilet were clean all day. Staffs were really helpful. In spite of the room were small, it were really comfortable and useful for two people. Location: It was the best, but it is good.

I can not recommend the boat highly enough, very clean, calm and welcoming. Excellent.

Great family run hostel. Had everything we needed. Highly recommended.

Thanks for a great stay!

The entire boat is extremely clean. The rooms may be small but they are well-appointed and warm. The owners are lovely and accommodating. Would stay here again!

• 21st Nov 2014

Just a place for sleeping, very noisy even ppl walk very carefully but still make notices. The staff's only appear sometimes, most of the time u can't see them, the breadfast is very poor too. No other facilities at all only bed, very boring to stay here

I found this hotel very hard to find as it was out on its own on the picture but when we arrived there were lots of boats.

• 14th Nov 2014

perfect place to stay very close to the centre. Nice breakfast and helpful staff. I would definitely go there again, it is a convenient place if you are planning a short visit to Amsterdam and you don't need to have a huge place to stay.

I really enjoyed staying here. The owners were very kind and knowledgable. Free breakfast was awesome! Good guest to bathroom ratio. The only downsides were the thin walls and the limited free internet.

• 30th Oct 2014

A very good time in Amsterdam, being on a boat was a great experience, a little bit noisy because of the closeness of the room, but I would do it again for sure !

• 29th Oct 2014

The bedrooms were small. The wifi was limited.

• 28th Oct 2014

We had a lovely time at Amsterdam Boat. Nice room, I mean "cabin", clean linen, clean towels. Bathrooms were excelent, at any time they were clean and good enaugh for all the people were staying. Location was good, it is 10min walking to the Central Station, where you can take a tram to any place in Amsterdam, and that means that it was quiet in the night, so we had a good and reparing sleeping. Breakfast was awsome, very similar to a proper hotel breakfast. One bad thing: No wi-fi at room.

• 27th Oct 2014