Amsterdam Hotelboat Reviews

Postbus 16645, Oosterdok, pier n 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Its a great hostel calm and clean

• 1st Jan 2016

Great hosts, very friendly and arranging. The boat is very easy to find, and 5-10 minutes walk to the centre and central train station. The rooms are small, it is true, but you don't go to Amsterdam to stay in your room, do you ? And, yes, you can hear the neighbours, so if you are a light sleeper take some earplugs with you. Not the cheapest, but a very pleasant place to stay :)

The boat was a very cute place to stay but the walls were very thin.

My wife and I had an excellent stay at this hostel! Cozy, clean and welcoming... we'll recommend it to everyone!

If you're very claustrophobic this place probably isn't for you, but the staff is absolutely lovely and the location is really convenient if you are coming to Amsterdam by train. I would absolutely stay here again.

I would stay here again! I highly recommend it if you want to stay downtown. Not a place to hangout or party. Just a nice clean hostel with a great breakfast.

• 27th Nov 2015

Pretty near to central stations and therefore all the trams and the red light district and stuff. Little cosey warm rooms. Very simple but it does the trick. Might get tiresome after a few days though. Not a place to meet people. Just depends on your needs. We thought it was great for what it was. Breakfast was nice too :)

Thanks for this perfect long weekend! Very nice boat hotel. Hope we can come back with better weather!! ;) Bye_

• 13th Nov 2015

Very nice staff, good breakfast, nice common room, everything very clean, good bathroom facilities, great location. The room is of course super small (maybe 5m2 or so), but it has all you need. Definitely recommended!

Such a great Hostel, we loved our stay there! Great location thanks fpr having us!

• 23rd Oct 2015

tiny shoebox room, dirty and weird showers, amsterdams claustrophobic experience, slow and low mb count wifi, terrible terrible. the worst hostel we`ve been to.

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Croatia

This was a decent place to stay. I am VERY grateful that they had space for me during the Amsterdam Music Festival. Many accommodations were already booked and this was a very good place to stay considering the remaining options in the city. I was grateful to also enjoy a new hotelboat experience. The experience went very well!

We love it.. Very close to center, great location.. Boat is so comfort and nice, and saloon is big ,.. perfect.. Breakfast is awesome!!! Room is nice, clean, and warm.. Host's are very nice, helpful, really great people.. Hotel Boat Amsterdam is the place to be!

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Croatia

Everything was very good. We have only two remarks: the internet connexion is too poor; some guests were too noisy (although we do not know how you could control that!). Congrats for the rest, we will definitely recommend you.

We had a lovely stay - great location, very friendly staff and good breakfast. The hotelboat was very authentic and cozy - a must-do experience in Amsterdam!

Just what you would expect from low-cost stay on a boat. The rooms and facilities were small and basic, but cosy and clean. There was everything you needed, including a basic breakfast of cereals or toast, with boiled eggs, meats and cheeses, and you can come and go as you please. Staff were friendly and helpful, although could be a bit more enthusiastic! Great value for money, and fun as an unusual place to stay.

Breakfast was awesome!!!

The place is great wrt the price, also really beautiful and clean. The staffs were very friendly and helpful however he offered us to give a pack of food as we were leaving early in the morning the day after. But guess what!!!??? They forgot and we left a little bit late. we missed the bus to Ghent. Anyhow the place is perfectly good highly recommended.

This was a wonderful place for me and my female friend,to stay. The manager was a perfect host and very helpful. Getting in and out ot the top bumk without a ladder was a problem till I asked for the borrow of a chair to make it easier and safrer for me - a senior. I would suggest that the rope on the gang plank be made taught as its looseness did not give a sense or security if you had to grab it F. Burk Ketcham, Tacoma, Washington, USA

A really fantastic hostel! Very clean and comfortable, hot and powerful showers. Friendly staff and a nice atmosphere. Great for the price, would definitely consider staying here again.

• 22nd Sep 2015