Amsterdam Hotelboat Reviews

Postbus 16645, Oosterdok, pier n 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Honestly one of the best Hotels I have stayed in, the atmosphere suited me and my friend really well and it was a really enjoyable experience. The beds were comfy and the choices for breakfast were delicious. The location is just perfect, especially when the sun is setting. The owner was just very lovely and approachable. There were also excellent maps provided and just an all round fantastic stay here.

• Scotland

Beds were very unconfortable and the location is a bit far but renting a bike does the job. Room was very small so the room has very little air since the window is small and 2 people stays in a small room that has small window. The view from the window was very nice. However, Breakfast was not good, we had the breakfast only first day and we had to eat somewhere else because it was bad.for the other days. As a result if you are looking for comfy spot skip all of the boat hotels.

• Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very cool staying on a boat in the Amsterdam canals! It's about a 10 minute walk to Central station and a 15 minute walk to other busier districts in the city. The boat was very clean and well run. The rooms were a cozy 2m square in size with a top and bottom bunk. My wife and I slept comfortably on the bottom bunk together. Breakfast included bread, butter, jam, cheese, sandwich meat, cereal, yogurt, milk, coffee and tea. There was a little shop in the reception area that sold beer and wine.

• 18th May 2015

Very good moments in this place, perfect for holidays!!!!! People at the reception is fantastic. Hotelboat was a good idea for this trip!!!!

• 13th May 2015

Rooms are small (you are on a boat after all), sink in the room is nice. The mattress left a lot to be desired and the wifi only works in the dining area on the top deck - it does not work in the room, and you are limited to 50mg per 24 hours (it does NOT reset at midnight) after that you have to pay. This made it very difficult to communicate with friends and family back in the states. Breakfast was average. Staff are awesome, but the internet thing really made it hard to enjoy my stay.

We loved our stay at the Hotelboat! The staff was extremely friendly, the rooms were excellent, and the location wonderful. Would definitely recommend!

• 9th May 2015

5 minutes from central station. Really near the Botanic Gardens etc. Only downside is the no smoking policy... come on guys its the DAM!

Fantastic atmosphere staff very friendly good location thin walls but what can you expect on a boat, comfy beds overall would book again

The rooms were very small, but expected for a boat. The walls are paper thin and could hear the people next doors conversation. Morning was the worst as everyone else woke you. Great if you are just staying for a night or two but don't want to plan spending anytime in your room

The accommodations were exactly as described in the listing, and the location was great (within easy walking distance from the train station). We were leaving the city early in the morning, and the hosts allowed us to checkout the night before and provided us with a to-go breakfast. They were very accommodating! The only negative was that we were unable to get the wifi to work on either of our 3 devices.

• 27th Apr 2015

Great spot, comfy houseboat with friendly staff and good accommodation

Loved the boat, great breakfast...and the manager was very friendly!

• 20th Apr 2015

Excellent value for money, very clean, nice atmosphere, kind people. I recommend it without second thoughts.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Greece

It was Super cool there.staff is so Nice and the view amaising.the bed is very comphi.8 min Walk from The Trainstation.my Nr.1recomendation in Amsterdam!!!:)

• 18th Apr 2015

Great location for this hostel. Although the rooms are small (what do you expect you are on a boat!?) they contained everything you needed. Would reccommend to others and good value for money.

• 3rd Apr 2015

First the room was super small, the total walking site in the room for 2 people is only 2 metresquare. Therefore one metersq. per person. Walls are super thin and u can basically hear whatever is spoken in the next rooms as well as the corridor. I came at around midnight at 12 one night and the door was locked. The guy opened the door and he started to insult and swear at me!!! I have never seen such agression from a dutch before. If u come late, get ready to be humiliated! No wifi in the room.

This gentleman did not use his key and banged loudly on the door after midnight. When I asked why he did not use his key he blamed us for not explaining the use well enough. Maybe he did not pay attention at the check in. We expect guests to be as quiet as possible after midnight.

CONS: it is possible listen steps upstairs and conversations from other rooms, as I knew reading other reviews. During two days, noisy stopped at 12am, so I didn't have real problems to sleep. Internet: you have just 50mb per day, the hotelboat should improve this to give more comfort to its guests. PROS: Every toilet were clean all day. Staffs were really helpful. In spite of the room were small, it were really comfortable and useful for two people. Location: It was the best, but it is good.

I can not recommend the boat highly enough, very clean, calm and welcoming. Excellent.

Great family run hostel. Had everything we needed. Highly recommended.

Thanks for a great stay!

View all Amsterdam Bed and Breakfasts