Amsterdam Hotelboat Reviews

Postbus 16645, Oosterdok, pier n 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The entire boat is extremely clean. The rooms may be small but they are well-appointed and warm. The owners are lovely and accommodating. Would stay here again!

• 21st Nov 2014

Just a place for sleeping, very noisy even ppl walk very carefully but still make notices. The staff's only appear sometimes, most of the time u can't see them, the breadfast is very poor too. No other facilities at all only bed, very boring to stay here

I found this hotel very hard to find as it was out on its own on the picture but when we arrived there were lots of boats.

• 14th Nov 2014

perfect place to stay very close to the centre. Nice breakfast and helpful staff. I would definitely go there again, it is a convenient place if you are planning a short visit to Amsterdam and you don't need to have a huge place to stay.

I really enjoyed staying here. The owners were very kind and knowledgable. Free breakfast was awesome! Good guest to bathroom ratio. The only downsides were the thin walls and the limited free internet.

• 30th Oct 2014

A very good time in Amsterdam, being on a boat was a great experience, a little bit noisy because of the closeness of the room, but I would do it again for sure !

• 29th Oct 2014

The bedrooms were small. The wifi was limited.

• 28th Oct 2014

We had a lovely time at Amsterdam Boat. Nice room, I mean "cabin", clean linen, clean towels. Bathrooms were excelent, at any time they were clean and good enaugh for all the people were staying. Location was good, it is 10min walking to the Central Station, where you can take a tram to any place in Amsterdam, and that means that it was quiet in the night, so we had a good and reparing sleeping. Breakfast was awsome, very similar to a proper hotel breakfast. One bad thing: No wi-fi at room.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Although I loved staying in a room with 2 beds, I stayed for one more night in a room with 4 beds and there was barely enough for 2 people to move around! I would definitely only recommend this hostel for groups of 2. Other than the space issue, the bathrooms are clean, the breakfasts are nice, there's plenty of common area space, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It's a bit of a walk to the central commercial area, but at least it's peaceful.

I enjoyed my stay at the hotelboat; it was cosy and clean, and walking up the pier to get to it felt quite exciting in the dark!

This hotel boat was pretty cool. It was the cheapest private room I could find in the city. The breakfast was also a major perk. Be warned the rooms are small, but are great if you're on a budget!

The staff are incredibly awesome. So friendly, so helpful, so hardworking. It really shows. The ship is spotless. There's always tea and coffee and clean cups and drinks to purchase and city maps, etc. I'd recommend this place for more mature travelers who are looking for a peaceful stay in Amsterdam. The bedroom walls are thin, so excess noise made by people can be heard. I wore eat plugs and had no problems. Shower and washroom facilities were clean. Thank you for a wonderful stay!!

• 17th Oct 2014

The owners were very kind and helpful. Everything was just perfect and we would definitely stay again and recommend this hotelboat to everyone! Thanks again for washing and drying our dirty and stinky clothes from marathon!

• Slovenia

I liked it a lot! Granted, the rooms are quite small - so it's just literally to leave your stuff and sleep - but other than that it's great. Very good location - plus really quiet because it's in the middle of the city without all the hassle around it. Very nice staff, decent breakfast, but most importantly clean and comfortable enough for a long weekend.

• Romania

Really clean and fantastic value for money. The owners are very welcoming and helpful. Right in the centre of Amsterdam, we were very satisfied and will definitely be staying again.

Terrible Wi-Fi

• 13th Oct 2014

This HotelBoat was fabulous- very clean, great location (around a 15 minute walk to Centraal Station), staff couldn't have been any more helpful (were willing to save luggage, free city map and advice given), breakfast was lovely and the Hotelboat was great value for money! I would 100% recommend this Hotelboat and most certainly will be returning myself on future trips to Amsterdam, the boat was something different and fun, so positively added to our overall fantastic Amsterdam experience.

• 9th Oct 2014

Absolutely somewhere to stay in Amsterdam, 5 min walk from centre and not ony, however, when you get back it's all so quiet and relaxing. SUPERB.

• 29th Sep 2014

amazing experience staying on a boat is beyond words. along with nice weather, you will feel like as if you are sailing and enjoying the calm sea as you sip you tea (teas and coffees are free!). The couple was away for vacation but their staff, Kuhn (I hope I spell his name right) was very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. Definitely recommend and will stay there again when I'm in Amsterdam!

One of the best experiences. The hotelboat is incredible, you pay exactly what you bought! The staff is really friendly and the atmosphere is amazing. Clean, tidy and with a lot of style! IStrongly recommend to everyone!

• 27th Sep 2014