Amsterdam Hotelboat Reviews

Postbus 16645, Oosterdok, pier n 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We had a lovely time at Amsterdam Boat. Nice room, I mean "cabin", clean linen, clean towels. Bathrooms were excelent, at any time they were clean and good enaugh for all the people were staying. Location was good, it is 10min walking to the Central Station, where you can take a tram to any place in Amsterdam, and that means that it was quiet in the night, so we had a good and reparing sleeping. Breakfast was awsome, very similar to a proper hotel breakfast. One bad thing: No wi-fi at room.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Spain

I enjoyed my stay at the hotelboat; it was cosy and clean, and walking up the pier to get to it felt quite exciting in the dark!

The staff are incredibly awesome. So friendly, so helpful, so hardworking. It really shows. The ship is spotless. There's always tea and coffee and clean cups and drinks to purchase and city maps, etc. I'd recommend this place for more mature travelers who are looking for a peaceful stay in Amsterdam. The bedroom walls are thin, so excess noise made by people can be heard. I wore eat plugs and had no problems. Shower and washroom facilities were clean. Thank you for a wonderful stay!!

• 17th Oct 2014

The owners were very kind and helpful. Everything was just perfect and we would definitely stay again and recommend this hotelboat to everyone! Thanks again for washing and drying our dirty and stinky clothes from marathon!

• Slovenia

I liked it a lot! Granted, the rooms are quite small - so it's just literally to leave your stuff and sleep - but other than that it's great. Very good location - plus really quiet because it's in the middle of the city without all the hassle around it. Very nice staff, decent breakfast, but most importantly clean and comfortable enough for a long weekend.

• Romania

Really clean and fantastic value for money. The owners are very welcoming and helpful. Right in the centre of Amsterdam, we were very satisfied and will definitely be staying again.

Terrible Wi-Fi

• 13th Oct 2014

This HotelBoat was fabulous- very clean, great location (around a 15 minute walk to Centraal Station), staff couldn't have been any more helpful (were willing to save luggage, free city map and advice given), breakfast was lovely and the Hotelboat was great value for money! I would 100% recommend this Hotelboat and most certainly will be returning myself on future trips to Amsterdam, the boat was something different and fun, so positively added to our overall fantastic Amsterdam experience.

• 9th Oct 2014

Absolutely somewhere to stay in Amsterdam, 5 min walk from centre and not ony, however, when you get back it's all so quiet and relaxing. SUPERB.

• 29th Sep 2014

amazing experience staying on a boat is beyond words. along with nice weather, you will feel like as if you are sailing and enjoying the calm sea as you sip you tea (teas and coffees are free!). The couple was away for vacation but their staff, Kuhn (I hope I spell his name right) was very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. Definitely recommend and will stay there again when I'm in Amsterdam!

One of the best experiences. The hotelboat is incredible, you pay exactly what you bought! The staff is really friendly and the atmosphere is amazing. Clean, tidy and with a lot of style! IStrongly recommend to everyone!

• 27th Sep 2014

Good location, friendly staff, a bit noisey at night

• 26th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Staying on the boat was awesome except for two things: a) you can hear every step, so I often felt as if someone was wanting to enter our room which scared me. b) the wifi didn't really work at all. It should be 50Mb/day, but I got disconnected after 10 minutes and could not get back on.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

Definitely coming back to this hostel! So close to everything, great staff, clean...and come on IT'S ON A BOAT!!! AWESOME!!

• 25th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

generally very good hostel, and give us amazing boat alike experience, also very nice staff

great hostel and totally worth the price, the room is a little small though, hard to find a place to stand

The boat was very clean and the staff were great. Rooms were alittle too small for the price paid and really hot to sleep in. Also, I know its a doc by the water but there were lots of rats running around at night time with one coming on the boat during the middle of the night on the top the deck as I was out there because it was too hot to sleep.

• 19th Sep 2014

Great staff, always ready to help. Rooms are small, but perfectly fine for two persons, toilets and showers clean, everything working fine! Definitely recommendable!

This hotel can be treated like a peculiar tourist attraction, but definately not a comfortable place to stay. The rooms have less than 4 square meters. Although we were there in the end of September the room was so airless that it was almost impossible to sleep. The bedding seemed unclean and wasted/very old. Other thing is that the walls are very tiny and you can hear people from other rooms all the time. The breakfest was very basic, consisting with cheapest products.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Poland

It said double room when we booked but we had bunk beds and there is no where safe to store your bags before you check in. Also the walls are quite thin so you can hear your neighbours. But overall great location, staff, cleanliness and facilities and somewhere a bit different to stay

• 16th Sep 2014