Anwar House Reviews

31 Collingham Place, SW5 0QF, London, England

It's a bed to sleep in and nothing more

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Old building.

Bed & pillows are uncomfortable, the shower rose/head was broken however the wifi worked perfectly.

Anwar house was a great place to stay after flying in to London. The place was quite and I didn't see any other guests. One down side was I the shared bathroom I had with one other person the shower head was broken. However this was the only thing wrong and was probably just the one bathroom.

Even though the basic facilities worked well (shower had good pressure and hot wáter and bed was comfortable), the place looked quite shabby, with very old furniture and chipped walls. The Internet didn't work, even though it was advertised on the website. The place is good for very short stays and using the room just to sleep, but the lack of renovations makes you not feel fully comfortable while there.

• 10th Jul 2013
  • Spain

It's so incredibly dirty and filthy. You can't flush the toilet properly and shower barely works.

The location of this hotel is excellent! So close to 2 Tube stops. The showers have a lot of hot water at all hours. However, it is loud. Staff and guests seem to spend a lot of time in the hallway in very loud conversation which doesn't die down until we'll after midnight. I really only used it to shower

• 20th Jun 2013

The staff at the hotel were very friendly, however not all the facilities that were listed on their website were available, e.g. tea and coffee making facilities. Despite being clean, the bedroom that we stayed in was in a poor condition as there were bars over the window and pipes sticking out of the wall. The mattress was in a poor condition and we were unable to get extra pillows for the bed. The ensuite was also very small and the shower was broken. I don't feel that I got value for money.

The anwar house did provide the basic necessities while I stayed there. It was a great surprise to have a fridge in the room. Wifi was good and consistent, but as I understand it is only like that on the first floor. Thankfully that is the floor I was on. Lila was very friendly, however, since the house is old and tall, her voices echoed. Was woken up several times with her talking either to guests or on the phone at all hours of the day/night.

I enjoyed my stay at your Hotel, I just wish you included a small fridge and coffee making facilities as I ordered them (paid for) all those things included. Also, I would like a small fan when I return in the summer as it will serve 2 purposes one it will be a nice breeze and two it will drown-out the rickety floor noises all over the place that bothered my sleep. I didn't like the tiny sink in the washroom that had separate taps for hot and cold water, It's hard to wash the face without spill

in the room were only 1 kettle, 1 fridge, a few cups and a few spoons, and of course beds and some chairs. there wasnt any knife, plate, ... it was uncomfortable. there wasnt daily cleaning!!! I dont recommend this accomodation. but the area is excellent!

value for the money is good, and really good located

• 7th Feb 2013

the location was very good, bat the room was very small and the bathroom was small and unpleasant.

Nice housekeeper. Not good for someone disabled. Desperate need for a redecoration. Microwave in rooms or even a shared kitchen would be useful.

• 3rd Aug 2012

I don't realy know what to say about this comments, We never said we can accommodate disable. To pay £45.00.PN.for Double room, at this time of year at this area, and give less than 100% mark, I think there was nothing for them to complain about.

We stayed in a double room for a week end. And if there wasn't anything wrong with Anwar, many things were not quite right either. The room was cleaned everyday with fresh sheets put in, but the bed cover and duvet had clearly not been washed in months. The ensuite bathroom was great, but the shower needed to be fixed. The mini kitchen was a good idea and a big plus, but with only a kettle and no microwave, a little bit useless... So i would stay there again, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

I'M sorry, But I think it will be 1st choice for many. Thank you.

ANWAR HOUSE WAS VERY GOOD EVERY THING WE NEEDED WAS CLOSE BY "LAILA" WAS SUPER NICE AND WENT OUT OF HER WAY TO MAKE OUR STAY A GOOD ONE EARLCOURT METRO STATION IS ONLY TWO SHORT BLOCKS AWAY,SUPER MARKET VERY CLOSE EVERY THING NICE, THANK YOU LAILA FOR MAKING OUR STAY A NICE ONE.

The man that works in the front desk was very rude upon our arrival and unwelcoming during our stay. When we arrived he said there was a fee for paying with a credit card. I said I didn't see that online and he yelled "I don't know where it is online but it's online." Shouldn't he know where this "fee" is if he works there? I asked if there was a curfew for the front door access and he said it's always closed in an ugly way. When I pointed out it wasn't closed right now, he got upset. Not nice..

The Man work in the front desk was NOT rude, we always make our guest very welcom, the 3% for card payment on the website, when we give the keys we tell guest this key for the room & the second key for the front door, and when they ask about the door closing time we tell them you have the keys you can enter at any time. this guest was with us for 7 nights.?? !!!!. But anyway we like to thank this guest.

not clean. window broken. bed broken. no fridge.

cleaning lady was nice... that is all the positives that i have to say. cramped room (5 feet by 8) that was littered with loose leaf paper and infractions written on them that would cost money... i.e. not using the shower curtain. you will leave this place un happy as you will feel un welcome and forced out.

Some guest book single room shared bathroom, and thay want to stay 2 in the room!! when we tell them NO visitors allowed to the hotel thay start writing such comments. thank you anyway.

friendly owner, great location, safe neighbourhood..

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7