Anwar House Reviews

31 Collingham Place, SW5 0QF, London, England

The wifi was not available in our rooms. I spent hours booking my holiday sitting on a step in the entrance way. There is no communal area to sit on a chair where you can use wifi. Coffee tea facilities was just a jug and two cups. No tea no milk.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

The location is great, very central, close to the museums and Hyde Park. The lady at the reception is very nice. My room was small but enough for me. I would be better if there were some kind of shampoo in the shower, as I could not brought it with me through the airport. Other than this very small issue, stay was positive. Worth the price.

happy to book another stay at this hotel

• 4th Jun 2014

me and my girl stayed there. we just wanted a bed and not much more. exactly what this place is. its a place to sleep. the place is just a little run down needs a lot of work. for the price you pay you would expect it to be a little nicer though. I was on the top level and the wifi barely worked, the shower head did not have a holder so when you showered you had to hold the shower head. the beds were clean and I felt safe enough to leave my passport and money in our room.

Nice staff and wonderful location. Need some fixing and painting. Vault and microwave oven inside the rooms would be great. Besides that, wonderful place to stay, I recomend very much.

It's a bed to sleep in and nothing more

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Old building.

Bed & pillows are uncomfortable, the shower rose/head was broken however the wifi worked perfectly.

Anwar house was a great place to stay after flying in to London. The place was quite and I didn't see any other guests. One down side was I the shared bathroom I had with one other person the shower head was broken. However this was the only thing wrong and was probably just the one bathroom.

Even though the basic facilities worked well (shower had good pressure and hot wáter and bed was comfortable), the place looked quite shabby, with very old furniture and chipped walls. The Internet didn't work, even though it was advertised on the website. The place is good for very short stays and using the room just to sleep, but the lack of renovations makes you not feel fully comfortable while there.

• 10th Jul 2013
  • Spain

It's so incredibly dirty and filthy. You can't flush the toilet properly and shower barely works.

The location of this hotel is excellent! So close to 2 Tube stops. The showers have a lot of hot water at all hours. However, it is loud. Staff and guests seem to spend a lot of time in the hallway in very loud conversation which doesn't die down until we'll after midnight. I really only used it to shower

• 20th Jun 2013

The staff at the hotel were very friendly, however not all the facilities that were listed on their website were available, e.g. tea and coffee making facilities. Despite being clean, the bedroom that we stayed in was in a poor condition as there were bars over the window and pipes sticking out of the wall. The mattress was in a poor condition and we were unable to get extra pillows for the bed. The ensuite was also very small and the shower was broken. I don't feel that I got value for money.

The anwar house did provide the basic necessities while I stayed there. It was a great surprise to have a fridge in the room. Wifi was good and consistent, but as I understand it is only like that on the first floor. Thankfully that is the floor I was on. Lila was very friendly, however, since the house is old and tall, her voices echoed. Was woken up several times with her talking either to guests or on the phone at all hours of the day/night.

I enjoyed my stay at your Hotel, I just wish you included a small fridge and coffee making facilities as I ordered them (paid for) all those things included. Also, I would like a small fan when I return in the summer as it will serve 2 purposes one it will be a nice breeze and two it will drown-out the rickety floor noises all over the place that bothered my sleep. I didn't like the tiny sink in the washroom that had separate taps for hot and cold water, It's hard to wash the face without spill

in the room were only 1 kettle, 1 fridge, a few cups and a few spoons, and of course beds and some chairs. there wasnt any knife, plate, ... it was uncomfortable. there wasnt daily cleaning!!! I dont recommend this accomodation. but the area is excellent!

value for the money is good, and really good located

• 7th Feb 2013

the location was very good, bat the room was very small and the bathroom was small and unpleasant.

Nice housekeeper. Not good for someone disabled. Desperate need for a redecoration. Microwave in rooms or even a shared kitchen would be useful.

• 3rd Aug 2012

I don't realy know what to say about this comments, We never said we can accommodate disable. To pay £45.00.PN.for Double room, at this time of year at this area, and give less than 100% mark, I think there was nothing for them to complain about.

We stayed in a double room for a week end. And if there wasn't anything wrong with Anwar, many things were not quite right either. The room was cleaned everyday with fresh sheets put in, but the bed cover and duvet had clearly not been washed in months. The ensuite bathroom was great, but the shower needed to be fixed. The mini kitchen was a good idea and a big plus, but with only a kettle and no microwave, a little bit useless... So i would stay there again, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

I'M sorry, But I think it will be 1st choice for many. Thank you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7