Arenal Hostel Resort Reviews

100 m al Oeste de la Plaza de La Fortuna, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Spent a couple of nights in the female dorm which was clean and comfortable. Security is also very good. The thing that made my stay here though is that I left my silly computer case there when I moved on to Monteverdi. Even though it's nothing special I needed it. There was a fantastic lady who worked in the office, who found the cover and had it. put on the next trip going to Monteverdi. Thank you so much. A highly professional and helpful lady and that's what I call service

Thanks for keeping the place clean and presentable. Cooks and bar tenders were accomodating and very helpful

• 7th Dec 2013

Great people running the hostel and people to meet! Good atmosphere and overall vibe. Pretty well-oiled machine situated in the heart of La Fortuna. 6-bed dorm was smaller than I'm used to, but the bathroom was clean and the shower was incredibly spacious. Overall great!

Great hostel, rooms were very clean, loved hanging out on the hammocks. Staff were very helpful. However, not all private rooms are on the first floor with views of the volcano, ours was on the ground floor, opposite the bar, which wasnt too bad as music stopped at 10pm, but breakfast is served at 6.30am... along with music :/

This place rocked! Maria (the cook) was one of the most entertaining people we met on the trip. The bar is a welcome touch where you can meet fellow travelers or just relax after your day activities.

Everything at this hostel was fantasic. 30secs walk from the bus station, across the road from a supermarket and great food available from the hostel restaurant/bar. Staff were really friendly and very helpful.

Just awesome all around, would totally stay again! Jessie is super accommodating and works so hard to make sure guests are taken care of.

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay at the hostel! Jessy was Very helpful with tours and gave us good advices. The rooms are clean, locckers are good and bathroom clean too with hot showers. The only negative thing is that one little bed sheet was quite light for the nigths and we were cold sometimes. Bog party on saturdays ! The rafting tour was great and the Rio céleste with Enrique was AWESOME and beautiful! When you go, ask for the free swing rope (10min walk) and the free hot spring!

Well - the Hostel is more of a resort then a hostel - but it is very clean and the staff is very helpful. The food is very very good - the bartender makes good drinks - and while the place has a spring break /resorty feeling - rather than a typical hostel - it is a very good place to relax before you return to the regular Hostels

Arenal Hostel Resort was a great place to stay. While the rooms themselves are pretty basic (we had a private double), there is a big courtyard with pool, hammocks and a bar with food. We really enjoyed relaxing and using the hammocks. We also ate dinner and had drinks at the poolside bar there. Roberto was a great bartender and the food was really good too. Jesse was a good host and helped us book many tours and always made sure we were doing alright. I would recommend staying here in Arenal.

We had so much fun at the hostel. Very clean, safe and the staff is great!

I booked 2 nights, stayed 4 and felt homesick when I left. Jessie and his staff really go out of their way to make this a homely and fun place to stay. Clean, comfortable and friendly. Jessie's excursion suggestions were exactly right, and they were all good value for money. Kitchen facilities were excellent, but the menu was also good so I never felt like cooking! Hammocks, pool, bar (with games!) and friendship! I'll be back ... :) :)

1 2 3 Next » last »