Asok Montri Hostel Reviews

16/19 Soi Sukhumvit 19, Sukhumvit Rd., Klongtoey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand

I stayed here for 8 days, they have free drinking water and every morning they have free toast and coffee and wifi(I had a loaf to myself). The place is run by a quant Thai family who is constantly saying hello and we're very helpful in helping with my visa paperwork. I will be staying here again

• 30th Apr 2014

Due to an operation I was unable to leave this hostel so ended up spending 9 nights there. There were 4 toilet and shower rooms on the third floor. All were working when I arrived but within two days two were 'Out of Service' for the rest of the time I was there. In the third toilet the shower was broken and never properly fixed. The lock on the door did not work. The floors were kept very clean but above waist height there was grime and dirt everywhere.

I have no idea how this hostel has previously received such good reviews. The pictures are nothing like the actual place. The toilet/showers were dirty as was the bed linen. The air conditioning didn't work and there was no window. We had to leave after one night even though we booked for three and the owner refused to refund our stay. Even though the location is good I'd definitely avoid this place.

• 3rd Mar 2014