Beary Nice! by a beary good hostel Reviews

46B Smith Street, Chinatown, Singapore, Singapore

Generally, the staff are friendly. But I do think friendliness should be shown within the parameters of professionalism. .. One of them even came into the dorm, lying on the bed,flirting with a European guest across the aisle, totally ignoring my presence. They later went out together. Besides, the staff need to be prompted to be friendly. For example, I was the one to greet them in the morning first before they said good morning to me.

• 19th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Staff is very nice , room are clean and comfortable

• 16th May 2015
  • Thailand

Good value for money and very comfortable and clean bedroom /toilet

• 9th May 2015
  • Malaysia

I have stay here for 1 night. The atmosphere was very nice. Free tea is available 24/7 and drinks are available at very cheap price 24/7

• 2nd May 2015
  • Solomon Islands

Need more better bathroom, it is kind of old

Good location and helpful staff . The facilities were decent and felt very safe

Awesome staff and perfect location :)

Great hostel! Clean, helpfull staff, nice beds and free breakfast which is very good. Location is perfect. Close to MRT and enough places to eat.

Staff was partying at the common area up to 3am in the morning. It was super noisy and it was disturbing the tenants that were trying to sleep. though it clearly stated by the hostel quiet time was from 11:30pm to 6am.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Not exatly a party hostel but we had a great time anyway. Shout-out to Mary!!

• 1st Apr 2015

Small, cozy hostel. Very nice and helpful staff. GREAT location! I think I only took the train two times during my trip because I could walk everywhere from Beary Nice, not to mention it is literally on the Chinatown food street! Free breakfast provided every morning, free WiFi and city maps. This was my first hostel stay ever and I'm very lucky to have found Beary Nice! It's a very calm, chill environment.

Very nice place meet nice people there and a good point to start exploring Singapore

• 11th Mar 2015

Brilliant location, being in the heart of Chinatown. It's pretty close to the Maxwell food centre so there is always somewhere to eat 24 hours a day. All of the points of interest in SG are either within walking distance or a couple of stops down the MTR. The place was clean and the communal areas were well decorated. It didn't really seem to have the usual hostel atmosphere - spent more time speaking to staff. Could probably do with a couple more toilets as there is only one for each gender.

Nice hostel, loved that they kept the bear theme going throughout

Its been my pleasure meeting nice people in beary nice hostel.. The staff and the guest...

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

Beary Nice is very nice :) We had a comfortable stay in Singapore. There was just an instance where the waste bin/trash can inside the ladies toilet was overflowing. Love that they have a bidet. You can also get your tickets to Singapore tourist attractions from them. It's hassle free and we saved SGD32 each.. I just sent an email what tickets we need and it was ready by the time we checked in.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

Well located, in the heart of Chinatown, close to subway station and a few minutes walk from Clarke Quay. It's a small hostel, with excellent staff and good structure. I had a bad experience with my bed, because the mattress was old and with the strings hurting my back. I talked to the hostel staff and they provided a temporary solution for me. Not ideal, but they're kind and nice doing that. In general I had a great experience at this hostel and I strongly recommend it.

Really nice hostel it is only has a few rooms so makes for a nice chilled atmosphere. The location in Chinatown is great lots of cheap food to help keep the price down in Singapore. easy access to the metro so it is easy to get around the city. The staff are also really friendly and helpful!

Location is the highlight - right in the heart of Chinatown and close to transport links. The hostel itself is fairly comfortable but a bit dated and quite quiet. The bathrooms need updating, as does the bedding. Elevator is broken but the stairs aren't too bad. The bedside lamp provided is a two-pin plug which doesn't fit the socket and the hostel doesn't provide adapters so for Brits like me (or any other countries that have three pin plugs) the lamp is useless. My bedroom was very dusty.

the location is very good, just couple blocks away from the chinatown MRT station. however I found the other hostel"bear best" is much better atmosphere there. they have a TV and relax area that people could meet friends there, compare here i found the staff is not friendly or helpful as the other hostel

• 11th Dec 2014