Beary Nice! by a beary good hostel Reviews

46B Smith Street, Chinatown, Singapore, Singapore

Very nice place meet nice people there and a good point to start exploring Singapore

• 11th Mar 2015

Brilliant location, being in the heart of Chinatown. It's pretty close to the Maxwell food centre so there is always somewhere to eat 24 hours a day. All of the points of interest in SG are either within walking distance or a couple of stops down the MTR. The place was clean and the communal areas were well decorated. It didn't really seem to have the usual hostel atmosphere - spent more time speaking to staff. Could probably do with a couple more toilets as there is only one for each gender.

Nice hostel, loved that they kept the bear theme going throughout

Its been my pleasure meeting nice people in beary nice hostel.. The staff and the guest...

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Indonesia

Beary Nice is very nice :) We had a comfortable stay in Singapore. There was just an instance where the waste bin/trash can inside the ladies toilet was overflowing. Love that they have a bidet. You can also get your tickets to Singapore tourist attractions from them. It's hassle free and we saved SGD32 each.. I just sent an email what tickets we need and it was ready by the time we checked in.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Philippines

Well located, in the heart of Chinatown, close to subway station and a few minutes walk from Clarke Quay. It's a small hostel, with excellent staff and good structure. I had a bad experience with my bed, because the mattress was old and with the strings hurting my back. I talked to the hostel staff and they provided a temporary solution for me. Not ideal, but they're kind and nice doing that. In general I had a great experience at this hostel and I strongly recommend it.

Really nice hostel it is only has a few rooms so makes for a nice chilled atmosphere. The location in Chinatown is great lots of cheap food to help keep the price down in Singapore. easy access to the metro so it is easy to get around the city. The staff are also really friendly and helpful!

Location is the highlight - right in the heart of Chinatown and close to transport links. The hostel itself is fairly comfortable but a bit dated and quite quiet. The bathrooms need updating, as does the bedding. Elevator is broken but the stairs aren't too bad. The bedside lamp provided is a two-pin plug which doesn't fit the socket and the hostel doesn't provide adapters so for Brits like me (or any other countries that have three pin plugs) the lamp is useless. My bedroom was very dusty.

the location is very good, just couple blocks away from the chinatown MRT station. however I found the other hostel"bear best" is much better atmosphere there. they have a TV and relax area that people could meet friends there, compare here i found the staff is not friendly or helpful as the other hostel

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Very safe entry system in place, staff was very good especially Sophia she always had a smile and brought life to the place when she was around. In the heart of china town and MRT. I would def. stay here again.

The individual dorm bed curtains were a bit too thin (bright light from the tablets of neighbouring occupants easily shone through).

The outstanding features are the friendly atmosphere and the helpfulness of the staff.