Beary Nice! by a beary good hostel Reviews

46B Smith Street, Chinatown, Singapore, Singapore

The staff was incredibly kind and helpful. They even invited me to share their pizza! Right on China town food street. Easily accessible to the metro and walkable to a few cool areas like club st. Highly recommend.

• 1st Apr 2014

Staid one week in a dorm (n°3). Apart from a "beary nice" deco, atmosphere was very poor. Nothing going on at nor organized by the hostel. Never saw the TV on, really small common room (fits 5-6 persons max), no kitchen. Not a good place to meet travellers. The dorm was clean as were the two showers and the only toilet but the bathroom windows & fans were dusty and the laundry room was so full of dust bunnies !!! Good staff anyway (especially Honey) with good advices.

Everything was great except I was there at a quiet time so not many people to meet.

I had Lovely and warm hospitality from the staff there... Really reccomend for the next plan visit to SG, if looking for the budget hotel..

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

Decent hostel, although quite loud at night with Chinatown just outside. The staff was nice, and the social area is quite small with limited seating.

The room I was in was very noisy during the day from the noise on the street below. Not great if you're jetlagged, hung over, just tired and want to nap...Receptionist seemed annoyed to have to deal with any requests but perked up later in my stay after her friends showed up. Decent area for meeting fellow travels...overall it was a fine hostel not exceptional.

We stayed here a few days. We had some experience during our stay. Some of the good experience : 1. The bed was comfortable 2. The breakfast was awesome even it's just a bread with jam, hot chocolate, and cereals. 3. The drinks we bought was also cheap than outside. 4. The receptionist was really helpful and nice in helping us to the nearest destinations, and many more. 5. The place was strategic 6. Knowing some new people Some of unpleasant experience : 1. The locker cannot be closed properly

Beary Nice was a very nice and small backpacker in the heart of Chinatown. Even only 3 dorms :) The staff is vey cool and they offer free breakfast and wireless! Would defenetly go back there ... even if you are afraid of teddy bears ... you can see over it ;)

Free coffee all day long is great! A short walk from the hostel brings you to the Chinese Food Market with delicious, cheap food. The hostel was a bit more than I like to spend but well worth it. Each bunk has its own light and plug. The host even let me borrow a converter since I was only carrying my plug for thailand.

• 14th Dec 2013

Thoroughly recommended. Nice and clean. Very friendly staff. Breakfast included. When we return to SG, we will be back here! Thanks

• 22nd Nov 2013

Very accomodating. We we're able to sleep well.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Philippines

Situated at a really good location. I really had a very happy stay at Beary Nice Hostel which i deemed as really valued for money. i am satisfied.

• 11th Nov 2013
  • Thailand

No cooking facilities on site. Good location. easy to find and close to china town. Internet was good. Showers were good. Breakfast was very average. Sometimes staff not around but you can ring via a phone left on the counter. Pleasant stay all round. They have a lift and wash and dry is around $8.